NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming - Page 960

post #28771 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Console games can be had for cheap also, and you don't need a key code for them so you can buy and sell used
Console controllers can be had for dirt cheap too, you do know Microsoft and Sony are not the only company's who make controllers, correct?
Cheap when ? After its been out on the market for a while. From experience most cheap controllers for the console are trash and are missing some type of feature from the original and this comes from experience dating back since ps1 up to the ps3.
post #28772 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Console games can be had for cheap also, and you don't need a key code for them so you can buy and sell used

Console controllers can be had for dirt cheap too, you do know Microsoft and Sony are not the only company's who make controllers, correct?
tbh pc games can be had for FREE!!!! cant say the same for current gen outside those lil sample games and those throw away games. Plus ppl forget it can still function as a PC, as well as a media center [URL=http:/amazon]ie...gbox/amazon[/URL] fire/apple tv.

Illegally can be had for free. Same can be said for console also laugh.gif
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28773 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Console games can be had for cheap also, and you don't need a key code for them so you can buy and sell used
Console controllers can be had for dirt cheap too, you do know Microsoft and Sony are not the only company's who make controllers, correct?
Cheap when ? After its been out on the market for a while. From experience most cheap controllers for the console are trash and are missing some type of feature from the original.

Look on your local craigslist or facebook groups. can easily get games a week after release for $40
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28774 of 71259
Console and PC depends on your preference. If you like RTS's, MMO's, MOBA's, indie games, or want to run games like Crysis at insane specs, then PC is the way to go.

I like to play platformers like Mario, Crash, Spyro, Ratchet, Sly, etc. and JRPG's, hack-and-slash action games, third person action games, etc. PC never got Red Dead Redemption and is just getting GTAV a year later, and generally doesn't get the types of games I play. When it does, they're multiplats that are already on console anyway.
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #28775 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post


Illegally can be had for free. Same can be said for console also laugh.gif

Well let me know how to get free ps4 games... Dead serious if you know how.

post #28776 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Illegally can be had for free. Same can be said for console also laugh.gif
Well let me know how to get free ps4 games... Dead serious if you know how.

jailbreak
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28777 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Console games can be h and you don't need a key code for them so you can buy and sell used
A few companies that made games for consoles had passes that came with the games where you had to activate them to play online and if you purchased the game used, you had to go and purchase the passes to play online. And all PC games don't require you to enter a code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Look on your local craigslist or facebook groups. can easily get games a week after release for $40
Not true in all cases.
post #28778 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post


But everyone know that parts run differently in PC than a console. These parts in PC's have to run all that other crap in the background and get bogged down. Like i said a $400 PC from 05 is not running Gears of War 3 like the 360 is

No I did a comparison including everything running in the background etc... And between the two they run roughly the same... And the graphic card i listed (while was a top of the line) wasnt the BEST graphic card for that time.. I just used it to make the cost cheaper and rather comparable to one another

 

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/14/build-a-next-gen-pc/ 

 

A set up at the same price a year ago that is leaps and bounds better then ps4/xbone is currently. And it isnt the top of the line best parts etc.. for the time. Basically around mid-level/slighty above and still out performs both systems and it isnt even close. 

 

So your saying a pc yrs ago couldnt be had that was twice as powerful as the current consoles, even though it can be done now. Remember pc technology etc.. motherboards graphic cards etc.. are what consoles model base their infrastructure from not the other way around. 

post #28779 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Console games can be h and you don't need a key code for them so you can buy and sell used
A few companies that made games for consoles had passes that came with the games where you had to activate them to play online and if you purchased the game used, you had to go and purchase the passes to play online. And all PC games don't require you to enter a code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Look on your local craigslist or facebook groups. can easily get games a week after release for $40
Not true in all cases.

I have never had an issue getting a game for around $40 a week after release on CS
and every game i have ever played on PC required a key code
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28780 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post


jailbreak

there is no jb for ps4 now your just trolling...Well not for the gen public.... A dude showed that you can import trophies... etc... alter system files.. And it is still unstable and the guy who came up with it... Same guy who has hacked ios 7.1.1 for iphone doesnt release his hacks.. He just pretty much trolls to say hey look i can do this ah ha...

post #28781 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

But everyone know that parts run differently in PC than a console. These parts in PC's have to run all that other crap in the background and get bogged down. Like i said a $400 PC from 05 is not running Gears of War 3 like the 360 is
No I did a comparison including everything running in the background etc... And between the two they run roughly the same... And the graphic card i listed (while was a top of the line) wasnt the BEST graphic card for that time.. I just used it to make the cost cheaper and rather comparable to one another

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/14/build-a-next-gen-pc/ 

A set up at the same price a year ago that is leaps and bounds better then ps4/xbone is currently. And it isnt the top of the line best parts etc.. for the time. Basically around mid-level/slighty above and still out performs both systems and it isnt even close. 

So your saying a pc yrs ago couldnt be had that was twice as powerful as the current consoles, even though it can be done now. Remember pc technology etc.. motherboards graphic cards etc.. are what consoles model base their infrastructure from not the other way around. 

yeah that page you listed, it will run better NOW. but will it 8 years from now?
Im sure you could of built a better PC for $400 in 05 but i guarantee that PC isn't running as good today
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28782 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

jailbreak
there is no jb for ps4 now your just trolling...Well not for the gen public.... A dude showed that you can import trophies... etc... alter system files.. And it is still unstable and the guy who came up with it... Same guy who has hacked ios 7.1.1 for iphone doesnt release his hacks.. He just pretty much trolls to say hey look i can do this ah ha...

Honestly, I wouldn't know, i don't particapate in that illegal activity. Im sure there will be one sooner than later laugh.gif
Honestly your a clown for bragging about downloading games from piratebay and crap, as your reason why the PC is cheaper overall than a console.
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28783 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

I have never had an issue getting a game for around $40 a week after release on CS
and every game i have ever played on PC required a key code
If you purchase a game off steam you don't receive a code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't know, i don't particapate in that illegal activity. Im sure there will be one sooner than later laugh.gif
Honestly your a clown for bragging about downloading games from piratebay and crap, as your reason why the PC is cheaper overall than a console.
Why are you resulting to name calling though? He did it, but you suggested doing it through jailbreaking the ps4 which you can't do. So your even more of a clown for trying to make **** up to support your argument..
post #28784 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

I have never had an issue getting a game for around $40 a week after release on CS
and every game i have ever played on PC required a key code
If you purchase a game off steam you don't receive a code.
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't know, i don't particapate in that illegal activity. Im sure there will be one sooner than later laugh.gif
Honestly your a clown for bragging about downloading games from piratebay and crap, as your reason why the PC is cheaper overall than a console.
Why are you resulting to name calling though? He did it, but you suggested doing it through jailbreaking the ps4 which you can't do. So your even more of a clown.

you don't get one from steam because it's already tied to your account laugh.gif
like i said I wouldn't know about the jailbreak, I don't care about it because i will never do it. I did a quick google search and ton's of **** pooped up.

When are y'all just going to admit that overall a PC is not cheaper than a console laugh.gif
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28785 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post


yeah that page you listed, it will run better NOW. but will it 8 years from now?
Im sure you could of built a better PC for $400 in 05 but i guarantee that PC isn't running as good today

but that was mid tier components.. if you spent more for top of the line then..... lets say 700-800 or so.. It still would be cheaper or roughly the same.. As the top tier then is on par with whats currently available for the latest consoles. Thus having xbox one graphics then... for 700-800 plus cheaper games the multi-function of a pc is in FACT cheaper then a xbox 360, a xbox one, and all the other things you would have to by ie... a laptop, ie... a gbox/amazon fire etc... 

 

Unless your suggesting you have no form of pc/laptop etc... 

post #28786 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

you don't get one from steam because it's already tied to your account laugh.gif
like i said I wouldn't know about the jailbreak, I don't care about it because i will never do it. I did a quick google search and ton's of **** pooped up.

When are y'all just going to admit that overall a PC is not cheaper than a console laugh.gif
post #28787 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelyesses View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

yeah that page you listed, it will run better NOW. but will it 8 years from now?

Im sure you could of built a better PC for $400 in 05 but i guarantee that PC isn't running as good today
but that was mid tier components.. if you spent more for top of the line then..... lets say 700-800 or so.. It still would be cheaper or roughly the same.. As the top tier then is on par with whats currently available for the latest consoles. Thus having xbox one graphics then... for 700-800 plus cheaper games the multi-function of a pc is in FACT cheaper then a xbox 360, a xbox one, and all the other things you would have to by ie... a laptop, ie... a gbox/amazon fire etc... 

Unless your suggesting you have no form of pc/laptop etc... 

so now your saying a $800 PC from 2005 is going to run better than a XBone is in 8 years from now?
Im done laugh.gif
You guys only want to argue the short term, when people buy consoles because they run great and games look better 8 years from their release
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28788 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

you don't get one from steam because it's already tied to your account laugh.gif
like i said I wouldn't know about the jailbreak, I don't care about it because i will never do it. I did a quick google search and ton's of **** pooped up.

When are y'all just going to admit that overall a PC is not cheaper than a console laugh.gif

that's your response? you went through all this debating and using different excuse after another after i prove you wrong, and post that meme? I mean come on? @iYen posts better meme's than that
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28789 of 71259
We went from Nintendo, to MS Forza, to now PC. laugh.gif Gotta love the Sony thread.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #28790 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

]that's your response? you went through all this debating and using different excuse after another after i prove you wrong, and post that meme? I mean come on? @iYen posts better meme's than that
post #28791 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

]that's your response? you went through all this debating and using different excuse after another after i prove you wrong, and post that meme? I mean come on? @iYen posts better meme's than that

PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #28792 of 71259
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #28793 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by a55a5in11 View Post

post #28794 of 71259
YOU CAN NOW PRE-LOAD GAMES ON PS4
Functionality starts with Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark next week.
BY STEVE WATTS

Sony is rolling out its long awaited pre-loading feature on PlayStation 4, starting with Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark next week.

According to the announcement, all ten games announced for pre-order during E3 last week are eligible for the pre-load feature. Transformers is first because it's coming out June 24th. The other eligible games include Battlefield Hardline (and its Deluxe Edition), Bloodborne, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition (and Deluxe), Far Cry 4, Infamous First Light, Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare, LittleBigPlanet 3, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, The Order: 1886, and Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

You'll be able to pre-load games several days in advance. If you've pre-ordered a game it will be pre-loaded and automatically downloaded by default as long as you keep your PS4 in standby mode. It also includes a countdown timer so you can tell exactly when you'll be able to crack into your games.

The PlayStation 4 functionality had reportedly been planned for April according to a Sucker Punch developer, but that didn't occur.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #28795 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyzonjay View Post

hey id like to do the same thing. i have the fat 80gb model PS3 tho, does it matter?

could you PM me a tutorial if so?

my PS3 i dont even think has a gig left and i still havent even installed Uncharted 3 and Batman Arkham City..

also, is there another Destiny Beta? like someone said a few posts back im having withdrawls roll.gif

how do i get in?

I've got the slim PS3 so it's a bit different but even still Sony encourage you to do it and they make it easy. Mine was easy apart from one screw that was felt like it was bolted on by Thor himself mean.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

@sole vintage
Resolution doesn't matter to the general gamer, imo. Xb1 is capable of 1080p/60fps. Again i don't think most people will care about the 180p that they're missing out on. They 'll be to busy enjoying their games. For me personally, i'd buy multiplats on the xb1 because i like the controller better. Regardless of the fact that the resolution isn't the best.

My bro has a pc. When i saw bioshock infinite on it was surprised at how much better the graphics were in comparison to the 360. However, i dislike pc controls so i played infinite on my 360. For some people, controls matter over resolution.

I would say resolution matters. The jump from last gen to this gen is not just better IQ but the higher resolution makes everything look better because there's no up scaling involved.

Also you can't just subtract 900p from 1080p, It doesn't work that way.

1920 x 1080 = 2073600

1600 x 900 = 1440000

2073600 - 1440000= 633,600 pixel difference

rM2J3KC.jpg

Like you said some will care and some won't but it's not a negligible given the choice of better graphics and performance, it's a no brainer as to what to pick unless other personal preferences come into play like you said with the controller or other things relating to either console.
post #28796 of 71259
I think it pretty much known xbox guys don't care about graphical upgrades this generation...

They're still living in 2004. laugh.gif
Edited by JAYFIEND - 6/18/14 at 3:30pm
post #28797 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

 
I feel like you have to invest too much money into a PC. Consoles are just cheaper and less of a hassle. You have to continuously upgrade your parts to maximize every new games specs.
My bro has a pc and he spent maybe a 1k on it.
That thing is loud as hell.
For 1k that .... better be as quiet as a mouse.

You guys are looking at it the wrong way...

You have a game console, $400-$500 right?

You have a computer too, no? How much is that? Around $400-$2700 depending?

Let's say you have an $800 computer. Add that $400 game console and you spent $1200... Before games and accessories.

That's a gaming PC. And guess what? It also does regular computer things too laugh.gif


You don't have to spend $4k on a rig to get superior master race results in comparison to a console.


A lot of people don't want to build a gaming PC because they'll be spending more money on ANOTHER computer.
Paris Saint Germain
Reply
Paris Saint Germain
Reply
post #28798 of 71259
Consoles have their advantages and disadvantages.
PC's have their advantages and disadvantages

neither platform will be better than the other in everything so just pick what you prefer or if you have the time and money, get both.
post #28799 of 71259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouble View Post

Consoles have their advantages and disadvantages.
PC's have their advantages and disadvantages

neither platform will be better than the other in everything so just pick what you prefer or if you have the time and money, get both.

Its more like having a iphone and a ipod. One does both the other is dedicated to do one thing the other does as an after-thought.

post #28800 of 71259

iPhone?

 

| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming