NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming - Page 123

post #3661 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

That's why amazon prime was made.

At the end of the day, copping games on amazon>>>gamestop.

Not anymore !

2 or 3 years ago yes I would have agreed with you but here is where Amazon FAILS big time now:

-They stopped offering 99 cent release date delivery on games for non amazon prime members eyes.gifmean.gif . It's f'in stupid that you now have to pay $80 a year for prime to get this service.
-They have really cut down on giving $10 or $20 future credits for pre ordering games with them.
-Most states they now charge sales tax on anything you buy from them. (You can thank the Federal Government & all of the other retailers like Best Buy & Gamestop for crying about this)
-Their trade in values aren't as good and are a hassle with having to find a box and send your games in and then waiting like 2 weeks to get your money from them.
post #3662 of 71056

pimp.gifeek.gif

This is the game I'll be playing the most when PS4 launches later this year.
post #3663 of 71056
2k friends though? laugh.gif won't eem hit a hundred

Bout to watch that watchdogs trailer since I've backed out of my 2k launch cop.. Wd might take its place
post #3664 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

That's why amazon prime was made.

At the end of the day, copping games on amazon>>>gamestop.

Not anymore !

2 or 3 years ago yes I would have agreed with you but here is where Amazon FAILS big time now:

-They stopped offering 99 cent release date delivery on games for non amazon prime members eyes.gifmean.gif . It's f'in stupid that you now have to pay $80 a year for prime to get this service.
-They have really cut down on giving $10 or $20 future credits for pre ordering games with them.
-Most states they now charge sales tax on anything you buy from them. (You can thank the Federal Government & all of the other retailers like Best Buy & Gamestop for crying about this)
-Their trade in values aren't as good and are a hassle with having to find a box and send your games in and then waiting like 2 weeks to get your money from them.

You actually required to pay sales tax on all internet purchases when doing your income. People just never did it.

So states pushed to have Amazon collect the taxes up front.

Which is fair. People need to stop complaining about this
post #3665 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

That's why amazon prime was made.

At the end of the day, copping games on amazon>>>gamestop.

Not anymore !

2 or 3 years ago yes I would have agreed with you but here is where Amazon FAILS big time now:

-They stopped offering 99 cent release date delivery on games for non amazon prime members eyes.gifmean.gif . It's f'in stupid that you now have to pay $80 a year for prime to get this service.
-They have really cut down on giving $10 or $20 future credits for pre ordering games with them.
-Most states they now charge sales tax on anything you buy from them. (You can thank the Federal Government & all of the other retailers like Best Buy & Gamestop for crying about this)
-Their trade in values aren't as good and are a hassle with having to find a box and send your games in and then waiting like 2 weeks to get your money from them.

Amazon prime is worth it's cost, if you make more than 13 amazon orders in a year.

I don't see how removing 99cent shipping to get people to pay for amazon prime is a bad thing.

They're a business after all.

 

They still do this for really popular games like halo and during the holidays. 

Also you can't blame Amazon for not offering too many of those types of deals, when upcoming games are now offering useless and downright stupid "exclusive" dlc with a preorder. Blame that trend, not Amazon.

 

Also they have video game deals. You can even subscribe to the video game deals so you don't have to look for them, they just come to you.

Link below for anyone that's interested.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b?ie=UTF8&node=409566

 

You pay tax on pretty much everything that you don't consume, so I don't see that is a big deal.

 

Your last sentence is ridiculous.

Their trade in values are generally better than most retailers. I'm 95% sure of that, since I've done some comparisons.

I remember comparing their trade in values with best buy's during the holidays of 2012. Amazon's trade in values were better even though best buy was giving 25% more for trade ins.

 

Also you can just sell your games through amazon, if you want more money for your games.

Amazon's selling process is so simple. List game, subtract shipping from the amount you earn, ship game, and recieve payment. 

It's so damn easy to find a box. Go to a ups or usps store and ask for a free box. I just save my shipping boxes that I recieve and use those to ship stuff out.

You can even have usps ship your free boxes. Link below.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_B_Free

 

That hassle is your fault not amazon's. 

 

You don't have to pay to ship your items to amazon, so what do you realistically expect?

post #3666 of 71056
Alright NT fam here is my hookup from going to the San Diego Comic this year.

8 free 30 day PS+ memberships:

4DAA-DAN7-L359
J64F-6FN3-AGA7
A5A7-AHNT-GHMD
J6KH-29NK-9C5L
H6GQ-AJN6-62P3
LL2Q-7KNH-J8PN
PM2J-N8NP-63TJ
A9FF-PJNP-HGLL
GP9M-7QN4-FMA6
6K6T-83NN-L9LM
RJGM-KDNR-ALHF


These will only work if you don't have PS+ already.Current PS+ subscribers you cannot stack them onto your existing membership.I know because I tried doing it already.

These codes EXPIRE on 7-31 also.
Edited by MR J 858 - 7/30/13 at 12:04am
post #3667 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

RJGM-KDNR-ALHF[/B]

Used. Rep given. Thanks.
post #3668 of 71056
Can guests view spoilers? I could see lurkers snatching those. Repped for the generosity even though I'm already subscribed to PS+.
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #3669 of 71056
Thanks for the Plus code MR J. Downloading Jet Set Radio right now. Been wanting to try XCOM out for a while too so this is is great.
post #3670 of 71056
.
post #3671 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by swendro88 View Post

Thanks for the Plus code MR J. Downloading Jet Set Radio right now. Been wanting to try XCOM out for a while too so this is is great.

Which code did you use so i can cross it off the list.
post #3672 of 71056

guests can see the codes so just assume that every code has already been used.

post #3673 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR J 858 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by swendro88 View Post

Thanks for the Plus code MR J. Downloading Jet Set Radio right now. Been wanting to try XCOM out for a while too so this is is great.

Which code did you use so i can cross it off the list.

I think it was J6KH-29NK-9C5L

I think 6K6T-83NN-L9LM was used too.
post #3674 of 71056
Also just a heads up.

If you haven't already downloaded Battlefield 3 off PS+ do it quick because they are taking it off the instant game collection by 8-6-13.

Even if you don't think you will play it anytime soon and are worried about your PS3 hard drive space.Just start the download and cancel it.Once it's in your download history you should be able to re download it again later even if it's no longer being offered for free on PS+.

That goes for any game offered for free on PS+ .
post #3675 of 71056

I hate how the store lags on my PS3 so I usually just do it from the website on my computer.

 

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/home/main

post #3676 of 71056
You can "buy" games off PS+ by putting them in your cart when they're free and checking out without actually downloading them too. I think, not sure though.

I don't have a Vita, but I've been getting any Vita games I might like off of PS+ just in case I get one someday. That blue one that released in Japan needs to come to North America.
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #3677 of 71056
Watch Dogs looks great. I have it preordered but I kinda want to cancel it. I fear it may get repetitive, i also think I may get bored when the story is over.
PSN: CrashDavis27
Reply
PSN: CrashDavis27
Reply
post #3678 of 71056
Watch Dogs doesn't look like a good free roam game. The missions are cool, but the open world sandbox doesn't look necessary. Ubisoft should show videos of just off-mission randomness. Assassin's Creed is an open world sandbox game too, but they aren't fun to go back without doing any missions like a GTA. Watch Dogs looks like it might be the same thing.

The only game to ever compete with GTA on that aspect (for me at least) was The Getaway (and Infamous if you're into superheros).
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
TEAM MONOCHROME SIGNATURE

"When I tell you the chicken lay eggs. Get the skillet hot." —Uncle Perrymore
Reply
post #3679 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will View Post

Watch Dogs doesn't look like a good free roam game. The missions are cool, but the open world sandbox doesn't look necessary. Ubisoft should show videos of just off-mission randomness. Assassin's Creed is an open world sandbox game too, but they aren't fun to go back without doing any missions like a GTA. Watch Dogs looks like it might be the same thing.

The only game to ever compete with GTA on that aspect (for me at least) was The Getaway (and Infamous if you're into superheros).

Check out far cry 3, true crime streets of la, Bully(this is a MUST PLAY!!!), and red dead redemption.

post #3680 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

You actually required to pay sales tax on all internet purchases when doing your income. People just never did it.

So states pushed to have Amazon collect the taxes up front.

Which is fair. People need to stop complaining about this

Who are you and what have you done with the real dale gribble
post #3681 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will View Post

I don't have a Vita, but I've been getting any Vita games I might like off of PS+ just in case I get one someday. That blue one that released in Japan needs to come to North America.

Didn't even think about this possibility eek.gif

Just purchased every PS Plus free Vita game available right now laugh.gif
Team Young Dr0
... I prolly won't issue a refund either. I'll send an iPod though ...
Reply
Team Young Dr0
... I prolly won't issue a refund either. I'll send an iPod though ...
Reply
post #3682 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by iYen View Post

Check out far cry 3, true crime streets of la, Bully(this is a MUST PLAY!!!), and red dead redemption.

 

Far Cry 3 is the ****, I never played any of the others though. Heard good things

post #3683 of 71056
Add Sleeping Dogs to that list.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3684 of 71056
Can't wait for UFC 2014 , even without the license I felt EA Sports MMA was a better game than UFC Undisputed
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
                                                                                           #KNICKUP
Reply
post #3685 of 71056
COD Ghosts multiplayer reveal August 14th.
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3686 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordonson View Post

Didn't even think about this possibility eek.gif

Just purchased every PS Plus free Vita game available right now laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will View Post

You can "buy" games off PS+ by putting them in your cart when they're free and checking out without actually downloading them too. I think, not sure though.

I don't have a Vita, but I've been getting any Vita games I might like off of PS+ just in case I get one someday. That blue one that released in Japan needs to come to North America.

Yes all you guys with PS+ need to download every Vita game. Remember that Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush will get swapped out in November and those are two of the best games on the system. The ones they rotate in every month are good too.
I think they'll announce a price drop at gamescom to go either with Killzone orTearway.
post #3687 of 71056
Capcom’s Deep Down is an Actual Game, Can’t Say if Exclusive or Not
Quote:
The Deep Down demo at the presentation of the PS4 left a lot of questions both on the game and on the Panta Rhei engine itself. Some of those questions were answered by Capcom’s Deputy General Manager of Technology Research and Development Masaru ijuin and by Programmers Daisuke Shimizu and Hitoshi Mishima as part of a very extensive interview on the Japanese website Game Watch.

First of all, we learn that Deep Down isn’t just a tech demo, but it’s an actual game that’s being developed in parallel with the engine (while the title isn’t final). It’s not yet disclosed if it’ll be exclusive to PS4 or actually multiplatform.

The development of Panta Rhei started in the summer of 2011, to address problems with Capcom’s proprietary engine MT Framework that led to the deterioration of development efficiency, and also because the old engine wouldn’t be able to handle efficiently the “huge assets” that next generation games will involve.

The engine is focused on ease of development, but doesn’t cut corners with visual fidelity, in order to attract the widest possible variety of players.

DeepDown2

The Deep Down demo ran in real time at the PS4 presentation and displayed between 10 and 20 million polygons per frame. It had a variable frame rate above 30 frames per second and a total texture capacity of 2 GB. It ran 30 different shaders at the same time.

The demo can run on a PC with an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU. The development machines used at Capcom have Geforce GTX 680 and GTX 590 GPUs.

The peak performance of the PS4 is lower than that of an high end PC theoretically, but due to the ease of development and to the streamlined architecture there are areas in which it can be superior. The same can be said about the Xbox One which has a similar architecture and potential.

The engine can use Tassellation and in certain areas Approximating Catmull-Clark Subdivision Surfaces, that is unfortunately too heavy to be used systematically for every element . The Deep Down demo used Dynamic Level of Detail (DLOD) in combination with Tassellation to avoid pop-in. Thanks to the PS4′s high memory capacity it’s possible to achieve both stable performance and avoiding pop-in with LOD.

www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/30/capcoms-deep-down-is-an-actual-game-cant-say-if-exclusive-or-not-more-info-on-panta-rhei-shared




Pretty interesting since a lot of people didn't think those visuals were possible but we'll see if they downgraded anything for the final game.

Also I know most of you have seen the video but someone pointed out some time ago that the ending with Blanka is probably the feature where you can take over someone's game remotely and help them get through a difficult section.
Good to see developers putting it in immediately.
post #3688 of 71056
Given Ubisoft's track record with sandbox games, I don't doubt that Watch Dogs will be repetitive and boring as hell...

Not really impressed with the launch titles, I'd buy Infamous if it was available on launch... Have devs/companies touched on the differences for multiplatformed games? I'm guessing the main difference for games like COD, BF and 2K are the obvious upgrades in graphics compared to their ps3 counterparts?
post #3689 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouble View Post

Capcom’s Deep Down is an Actual Game, Can’t Say if Exclusive or Not
Quote:
The Deep Down demo at the presentation of the PS4 left a lot of questions both on the game and on the Panta Rhei engine itself. Some of those questions were answered by Capcom’s Deputy General Manager of Technology Research and Development Masaru ijuin and by Programmers Daisuke Shimizu and Hitoshi Mishima as part of a very extensive interview on the Japanese website Game Watch.

First of all, we learn that Deep Down isn’t just a tech demo, but it’s an actual game that’s being developed in parallel with the engine (while the title isn’t final). It’s not yet disclosed if it’ll be exclusive to PS4 or actually multiplatform.

The development of Panta Rhei started in the summer of 2011, to address problems with Capcom’s proprietary engine MT Framework that led to the deterioration of development efficiency, and also because the old engine wouldn’t be able to handle efficiently the “huge assets” that next generation games will involve.

The engine is focused on ease of development, but doesn’t cut corners with visual fidelity, in order to attract the widest possible variety of players.

DeepDown2

The Deep Down demo ran in real time at the PS4 presentation and displayed between 10 and 20 million polygons per frame. It had a variable frame rate above 30 frames per second and a total texture capacity of 2 GB. It ran 30 different shaders at the same time.

The demo can run on a PC with an NVIDIA Geforce GTX 570, 8 GB of RAM, and an Intel Core i7 CPU. The development machines used at Capcom have Geforce GTX 680 and GTX 590 GPUs.

The peak performance of the PS4 is lower than that of an high end PC theoretically, but due to the ease of development and to the streamlined architecture there are areas in which it can be superior. The same can be said about the Xbox One which has a similar architecture and potential.

The engine can use Tassellation and in certain areas Approximating Catmull-Clark Subdivision Surfaces, that is unfortunately too heavy to be used systematically for every element . The Deep Down demo used Dynamic Level of Detail (DLOD) in combination with Tassellation to avoid pop-in. Thanks to the PS4′s high memory capacity it’s possible to achieve both stable performance and avoiding pop-in with LOD.
www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/30/capcoms-deep-down-is-an-actual-game-cant-say-if-exclusive-or-not-more-info-on-panta-rhei-shared
.

| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
post #3690 of 71056
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongcouver604 View Post

Given Ubisoft's track record with sandbox games, I don't doubt that Watch Dogs will be repetitive and boring as hell...

I am hoping you are wrong, just for the sake of The Division....
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
| THE | KLIQ |
PSN: o_BAD_RELIGION_o
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Official PlayStation Thread | PRO4, PS4, PSVR, PS3 and VITA | PS4 Update 4.01 Incoming