NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › WSS- Jordan Retro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WSS- Jordan Retro

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 

Any L.A. cats ever pickup any Jordan Retros at Warehouse Shoe Sale? Do they get most releases and if so how do they handle it, First come or RSVP? I can go to the Carson, Wilmington, Hawthorne, or Gardena one since they are close enough. I usually order online since these spots are all ghetto as F*** and I live across the street from the wilmington one, which i think is the worst one.

post #2 of 19
Yea bro u said it WSS is ghetto AF lol... But they do get releases most of the time, but it's one of those places where you better have a connect. Cause one they get little inventory, 2. You already know employees killing that. 3. I wouldn't go alone lol...
Fashion & Sneakers.
Reply
Fashion & Sneakers.
Reply
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh View Post

Yea bro u said it WSS is ghetto AF lol... But they do get releases most of the time, but it's one of those places where you better have a connect. Cause one they get little inventory, 2. You already know employees killing that. 3. I wouldn't go alone lol...

LMAO i think im straight since all the homies run the block that WSS is on but I just want to know if its not RSVP and first come. cuz if its a line forming its a done deal someones getting rolled up on by one of the neighborhoods in the area.

post #4 of 19
I live near Huntington Park, and in my experience, the WSS sells GR retros for the most part, and they are FCFS. There's always a line, but it never gets confrontational unless you overstep your boundary, which I haven't seen yet.
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiengambino View Post

I live near Huntington Park, and in my experience, the WSS sells GR retros for the most part, and they are FCFS. There's always a line, but it never gets confrontational unless you overstep your boundary, which I haven't seen yet.

not too familiar with the area im sure its gonna be fine over here but lucky thing im one of the few mexicans in my neighborhood that knows about jordans and doesn't only rocks cortez's. The problem is when the blacks and mexicans are in line together here hahaha

post #6 of 19

Me & a friend was supposed to line up for the XIs if we didnt get lucky in the raffle/online

 

& WSS Compton was one of our final choices.

WTB: 

ZKV BS ROAD (10.5/11)

almost any condition*

AF1 KRINK (10/10.5/11)

------

 

 

Reply

WTB: 

ZKV BS ROAD (10.5/11)

almost any condition*

AF1 KRINK (10/10.5/11)

------

 

 

Reply
post #7 of 19
I know the ones in Paramount and South Gate get them and they're first come first serve. I usually call two days before and ask them if they'll be getting a specific shoe.

Create and join sports groups in your area with http://chestbumpp.com

Reply

Create and join sports groups in your area with http://chestbumpp.com

Reply
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post

I know the ones in Paramount and South Gate get them and they're first come first serve. I usually call two days before and ask them if they'll be getting a specific shoe.

Is there usually a line for those ones because my local WSS said they open at 6am for Jordan releases so do cats there wake up early?

post #9 of 19

Only certain WSS get them. Its always FCFS, I was chopping it up with one of the girls once and she said they are not allowed to put them on hold even for themselves. Yeah, right. eyes.gif

 

Got the 6/17 CDP from one of them once.smokin.gif

 

AFAIK, they open at 8 for releases unless things have changed, well my local stores do.

Looking for: Royal 1s, WC 88s, Space Jam 11s, Concords 11s, in a 9.5
Reply
Looking for: Royal 1s, WC 88s, Space Jam 11s, Concords 11s, in a 9.5
Reply
post #10 of 19
Wss was the spot back about 10 or so years back. Got my Retro 11s there no problem. Just walk in and buy. They had them for a week or so. The ones around here have kids camping out the day prior now.
post #11 of 19
WSS fell off around 2009-10. Back in middle school up to my sophmore year in HS rhat was my spot. They received all releases as well as LS & QS, with 10% off for students.

They still get mass produced GR's like Christmas & Black Friday. I have a buddy who works there and he said the last retro they got was the Fire Red V's. Last year they only got the Fire Red IV's, Blk Cement IV's, & Playoff XI's.

Yeah they fell off tough.
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirThompson View Post

WSS fell off around 2009-10. Back in middle school up to my sophmore year in HS rhat was my spot. They received all releases as well as LS & QS, with 10% off for students.

They still get mass produced GR's like Christmas & Black Friday. I have a buddy who works there and he said the last retro they got was the Fire Red V's. Last year they only got the Fire Red IV's, Blk Cement IV's, & Playoff XI's.

Yeah they fell off tough.

well the bugs 8's are GR so WSS will be my last resort. I always get through online at FNL for any release but that one week wait for shipping kills you and i'll never pay more just to get them early.

post #13 of 19

They got raptor 7s too and I believe both olympics, like I said not all of em get every release. But yes they did fall off.

Looking for: Royal 1s, WC 88s, Space Jam 11s, Concords 11s, in a 9.5
Reply
Looking for: Royal 1s, WC 88s, Space Jam 11s, Concords 11s, in a 9.5
Reply
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdot View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirThompson View Post

WSS fell off around 2009-10. Back in middle school up to my sophmore year in HS rhat was my spot. They received all releases as well as LS
well the bugs 8's are GR so WSS will be my last resort. I always get through online at FNL for any release but that one week wait for shipping kills you and i'll never pay more just to get them early.

Make sure to call around cuz GR's are always different. Some shoes are labeled general GR, but are borderline quick strikes and are produced in limited quantities recently like the Blk toe XIII, Blk/red XIII's, Chicago 1's, etc. Most WSS didnt get any of those in GS or Men's, a lot of the, said toddlers. They get those mass produced GR's that are available at any and every shoe store. The ones you can still get if you slept in all day.

I don't know how the VIII's are cuz I'm not following the thread so hit up your local WSS.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayTooGoodAtDis View Post

They got raptor 7s too and I believe both olympics, like I said not all of em get every release. But yes they did fall off.

Yeah each city get different shipments. They didnt get the Olympic VII's however. But, they did get the Charcoal VII & Oly VI's cuz they were available everywhere RD. Those are the only types of retros they get nowadays sadly.
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirThompson View Post

Yeah each city get different shipments. They didnt get the Olympic VII's however. But, they did get the Charcoal VII & Oly VI's cuz they were available everywhere RD. Those are the only types of retros they get nowadays sadly.
I know some locations got the Black Toe XIII (He Got Games). WSS is still an alright spot though, they just rarely get good sneakers now. They also do stock up on the A.I.'s, which is dope.
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers, Anaheim Angels, Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #17 of 19
WSS are always centrally located in the ghetto. laugh.gif

Back in the day (1999-2002) retros always sat, so you can go to the Clearance wall and get some great deals on some.

Miss those days.
LAKERS || DODGERS || LAKINGS
Reply
LAKERS || DODGERS || LAKINGS
Reply
post #18 of 19

Anyone who lives in CA or on the west coast know if a store called WSS (shopwss.com) sold the Chi 1 on release?

 

I've been to one WSS in my life and it's like a discount shoe dealer iirc...however they have a release cal on their site but sell mostly non-retro Js.

 

Someone in town on IG is selling a DS pair for $340 but I usually only deal with a few known resellers like Corgi if they don't have a receipt, but this guy claims to have "lost it" but he bought them at WSS.

 

Price is good and wanna pickup but am weary.

 

Thanks.

post #19 of 19
WSS did indeed receive the Chi 1's at least the location near me did.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Jordan Brand
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Jordan Brand › WSS- Jordan Retro