NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Nipsey Hussle Thread ///MAILBOX MONEY OUT NOW!\\\
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nipsey Hussle Thread ///MAILBOX MONEY OUT NOW!\\\ - Page 2

post #31 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaynightraw View Post

he has bad management

too hood
post #32 of 1317
Yup, dude can't stay outta the streets.

They even talk about him and his exploits on ESPN radio out here.
"Nothing is wrong with letting the girls know that you're money, and you wanna party"
Reply
"Nothing is wrong with letting the girls know that you're money, and you wanna party"
Reply
post #33 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral View Post

Nip ain't never gonna shine. Dude is done, throw in the towel already man.

I swear you and THB are the biggest birds on NT
post #34 of 1317
Smoking with My Stylist is ok. However

Face the World eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Hussle pimp.gif I honestly could care less about his buzz or how long he takes to drop. His projects are always quality and I'll be happy to pay $10 for Victory Lap
Team Madison Bumgarner, Team Golden State Warriors, Team Music Forum
RIP Pimp C
Reply
Team Madison Bumgarner, Team Golden State Warriors, Team Music Forum
RIP Pimp C
Reply
post #35 of 1317
I think he needs to switch up his management and even if he doesn't sign w/ MMG or the likes, get a good independent behind him like Wiz and Rostrum. I'm def waitin for the Victory Lap tho. TMC was solid
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
PSN: StarCityPA

Programming Languages: HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, JavaScript, JQuery
Reply
post #36 of 1317
Smoking with My Stylist pimp.gifpimp.gif

Face the World sick.gifpimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif
post #37 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiStar View Post

Not even that much of a Nip fan but hot damn that song is fire pimp.gif

But how is a dope song like this not a single to an album? I really wish these rappers would value their music more and stop giving away so much for free. mean.gif

"There's way more profit in these clothes so I give away this music and make double back in shows" my dude Nippimp.gif

 

I think he's good on his own. I see where y'all are coming from with the whole signing to MMG thing he would def blow up. I'm sure he knows that but he's trying to do his own thing. I think its dope and respect him for it. Nipsey Hussle > everyone in MMG.

 

As for the whole 2K follower thing its something he does to build a lil hype and feed the fans especially since everyone been on his twitter lately cause he hadn't dropped anything new. He did it last summer also and dropped a couple of quick "freestyle" joints on other peoples beats. I appreciate the tracks not sure why everyone complaining.

post #38 of 1317
I cant remeber what vid i saw this, but diddy was talking about "how artist keep giving away music and make money off touring, but thats only short term." Not a long term solution for all money in. Value the music right now when they have a buzz, cause that buzz is eventually going to fade away.
 
Reply
 
Reply
post #39 of 1317
nip aint sign wit mmg cuz the money wasnt adding up. he prolly make more with his own operation than he would wit a 360 contract
post #40 of 1317
honestly, if you figure out a way to parlay rap buzz into about 2-3 SUCCESSFUL ventures( ie hosting, clothing stores, doin dirt.) whats the point of gettin a deal? unless a label comes to the table with an offer it just doesn't make sense to turn down
post #41 of 1317
Nip on MMG would be a great look... Him, Ross, & Stalley over some J.U.S.T.I.C.E. Leage production nthat.gifnthat.gif
post #42 of 1317
Cats want nip to sign his life away for radio buzz so he can crossover and they can say he fell off laugh.gif

Keep doing YOU nip... Hope he take that Curren$y route. Eff that MMG trash
post #43 of 1317
only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
Reply
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
Reply
post #44 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23 View Post

only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.

laugh.gif why is that?

He's been Indie since the epic deal for only about 2 yrs if that... Let the man cook.

MMG is a waste of time for dude. Sign for a compilation album? He made the MMG album w/o the paper work laugh.gif
post #45 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251 View Post

laugh.gif why is that?

He's been Indie since the priority deal for only about 2 yrs if that... Let the man cook.

MMG is a waste of time for dude. Sign for a compilation album? He made the MMG album w/o the paper work laugh.gif

Waste of time?

Look at what MMG did for Meek and Wale
post #46 of 1317
Right now 80% of his fans are on the west coast. Signing to MMG would give him A LOT more buzz around the country.

Buzz = more people buying crenshaw tees = more $$ laugh.gif

I see absolutely 0 negatives in him signing to MMG. He's arguably good enough to take over Meek Mill's spot. Give "bangers" a whole different meaning.
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
Reply
T E A M N E W Y O R K K N I C K S
Reply
post #47 of 1317
Dude one of my favorite rappers but this whole "I'll put out a song every two thousand followers" **** is wack. If you want followers put the product out. ****** been waiting for the mixtape six months and he playing games.
post #48 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23 View Post

Right now 80% of his fans are on the west coast. Signing to MMG would give him A LOT more buzz around the country.

Buzz = more people buying crenshaw tees = more $$ laugh.gif

I see absolutely 0 negatives in him signing to MMG. He's arguably good enough to take over Meek Mill's spot. Give "bangers" a whole different meaning.

MMG + Nip = Atlantic profiting off of those Crenshaw Tees laugh.gif

Why would that man take his brand and put it in a situation where it's gonna be under two bigger brands (Meek/Wale) and the subsidery of an even bigger brand in Ross?

Do the indie thing like spitta b/c he fits into that category if u ask me. He's not going to make top 40 records but he's going to put together solid works of albums/tapes and will have a cult following to tour forever.

Stalley will be Stalley in two yrs...Rockie Fresh will be Rockie Fresh in two yrs laugh.gif

And his marketing team is dope IMO... The follower thing, the hold up on the tape is all dope to me b/c it keeps him from over saturating the Internet w/ music
post #49 of 1317
honestly (and i dont know nobody's deals im just speculatin) i'd be suprised if meek and wale make more than nip hussle
post #50 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251 View Post

MMG + Nip = Atlantic profiting off of those Crenshaw Tees laugh.gif

Why would that man take his brand and put it in a situation where it's gonna be under two bigger brands (Meek/Wale) and the subsidery of an even bigger brand in Ross?

Do the indie thing like spitta b/c he fits into that category if u ask me. He's not going to make top 40 records but he's going to put together solid works of albums/tapes and will have a cult following to tour forever.

Stalley will be Stalley in two yrs...Rockie Fresh will be Rockie Fresh in two yrs laugh.gif

And his marketing team is dope IMO... The follower thing, the hold up on the tape is all dope to me b/c it keeps him from over saturating the Internet w/ music

I dont usually post in the music threads and just lurk but I totally agree with all this. I mean dude is performing overseas all off of mixtape buzz.

I feel like Nip isn't the type to step out of his circle. He gon do him and be loyal to the fans that are loyal to him.

MMG aint gon do nothing but take his money and have him make whack music with Ross heavy breathing on every track.
post #51 of 1317
Spitta's route would be great but he gives his fans a TON of music. Nipsey prolly put out five tracks last year. We've been waiting for a mixtape six months and he's just now putting tracks out.
post #52 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillmatic View Post

Spitta's route would be great but he gives his fans a TON of music. Nipsey prolly put out five tracks last year. We've been waiting for a mixtape six months and he's just now putting tracks out.

Bro he got 5 or 6 mixtapes full of music to listen to laugh.gif... It's not like Nip came out the gate like A$AP Rocky w/ one tape and crushed the scene. Bullets Ain't Got No Name vol 2 and 3 bump, the first 2 marathons bump, and victory lap looking like a July drop. The Internet got cats spoiled that they can't wait for a dope body of work.... But when cats go Wayne or 2 Chainz and dropping a verse every week they over saturating the game laugh.gif
post #53 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballinsam23 View Post

only curren$y can pull of that route and be THAT successful

Nip needs someone like MMG to blow up. If he doesnt blow up i really dont care because his music will always be appreciated, but i always felt MMG would be a perfect fit.

people tend to forget curren$y is actually signed to Atlantic records, so when that machine push is needed he's got it.

 

nip ain't got a machine behind him, we would LOVE for him to get down with MMG because he fits so perfect and we all know

 

wit his style he would BLOW up within that system. no one can deny what MMG affiliations have done to french, wale, and meek. and to

 

a lesser extent stalley, & rocky fresh.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #54 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

people tend to forget curren$y is actually signed to Atlantic records, so when that machine push is needed he's got it.

nip ain't got a machine behind him, we would LOVE for him to get down with MMG because he fits so perfect and we all know

wit his style he would BLOW up within that system. no one can deny what MMG affiliations have done to french, wale, and meek. and to

a lesser extent stalley, & rocky fresh.

Spitta signed w/ Warner... His brand, his imprint, his artist are signed to Warner. Warner cut the check for him to even sign a deal. He pretty much sold his JET brand to a bigger company.

Warner doesn't put a machine behind curren$y b/c they don't have to. They aren't looking to sell 2mil in records w/ homie they're looking to make 2mil in show money and merch.

U look at nip, he doing something similar w/o a major laugh.gif .... If I can make 6 racks performing in a smaller venue packed w/ bout 500 people why would I sign to MMG and not eem make that 6 racks performing at the Norfolk Scope in front the same 500 people w/ a song on the radio every 5mins?

Build your brand. When the majors come to the table like they did Wiz w/ that 8, 9, 10 mil check just to sign... Plus the 2 or 3 mil you'll make every yr in show money, endorsements, TV, movies, ect then u sell. But signing w/ a label just b/c it's hot right now is a waste
post #55 of 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit251 View Post

Spitta signed w/ Warner... His brand, his imprint, his artist are signed to Warner. Warner cut the check for him to even sign a deal. He pretty much sold his JET brand to a bigger company.

Warner doesn't put a machine behind curren$y b/c they don't have to. They aren't looking to sell 2mil in records w/ homie they're looking to make 2mil in show money and merch.

U look at nip, he doing something similar w/o a major laugh.gif .... If I can make 6 racks performing in a smaller venue packed w/ bout 500 people why would I sign to MMG and not eem make that 6 racks performing at the Norfolk Scope in front the same 500 people w/ a song on the radio every 5mins?

Build your brand. When the majors come to the table like they did Wiz w/ that 8, 9, 10 mil check just to sign... Plus the 2 or 3 mil you'll make every yr in show money, endorsements, TV, movies, ect then u sell. But signing w/ a label just b/c it's hot right now is a waste

Nip did all of this already and failed

His team is terrible & his business sense sucks

When he was "hot", they were asking 50 grand for a show. 50!!!!

Ross has bought 2 artists to the spot light..and rocky fresh is almost a household name with only a handful of material.

Nipsey will never blow up on his own.
post #56 of 1317
Trust the mmg co sign would get him way bigger. More/bigger shows, more features, that ringtone $, radio spins etc. The spitta route is cool too but hes missing one thing... Hes not spitta. 90% of the people in my city never heard of him n if they did most of em heard him on the mmg album.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #57 of 1317
Nip has his core fan base, I think that MMG would really help expand that fan base even more. Look what they did with Wale for example. Wale had his core fan base, then put out Attention Deficit, & it did terrible numbers selling 28k its first week. When he signed to MMG, they got his name out there & Ambition sold 164k copies its first week. MMG has also helped Meek get his buzz out there as well as Stalley too. All that aside, I always thought MMG would be a perfect fit for him in making good music as well... Fountain of Youth is one example of that.
post #58 of 1317
I see with wer yall coming. Some want him to blow up, why? So more people can know him? Or more radio play? Some of yall are about him getting his on his own. Like some one stated why does he need mmg when he is going to be making the same money with or without mmg. Sure he can sell more but he has to cut that money in three with ross n the record label also getting money. I say nip doesnt want to sare any of the money hes getting with no one. Its all money in. Take it for what you take it for. Hes still going to be driping classics.
 
Reply
 
Reply
post #59 of 1317
Wale sold 164K did a show w/ MMG here at the Norfolk scope (Ross, Meek, Stalley, and Omarion) and only about 600-800 people turned out for a place that seats about 8 thou...

Or

Nip can get booked a show at the Norva, draw in probably the same crowd and double what Meek and Wale made for the scope show and triple what Stalley made laugh.gif

Rockie Fresh a household name but he's not touching household money. MMG paying for his promo, videos, ect to get him out there where u think his show money going to?

Believe what u want. If Nip is smart, if his team smart, they'd stay away from a subsidiary deal and keep grinding until they strike a deal for their own imprint. Ownership
post #60 of 1317
I don't care if he blows or not, I want music. Wiz grinded his *** off between his Rostrum and Atlantic deals. I don't see the same from Nipsey. Building your brand and being "all money in" is great but you gotta stay relevant. I don't know if its work ethic, money or just being content with his fan base, but dude talks a lot about grinding but hasn't put out a mixtape in 19 months.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Nipsey Hussle Thread ///MAILBOX MONEY OUT NOW!\\\