NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › DiCaprio continuously wins at life...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DiCaprio continuously wins at life... - Page 5

post #121 of 148
That looks kinda cool glasses.gif
post #122 of 148

what a boss

post #123 of 148
i doubt they kept it...politically correct in the 1800s and referred to blacks as colored. if they are whipping them, torturing them, you think they not gonna slander them and degrade them? N word was def commonplace.

leo should've got an award for django. man played that evil REALLY well. not to mention him staying in character after splitting his hand open. not to say waltz isn't a good actor. he is top notch, but leo shined in that movie, and he was robbed imo.

i wouldn't be surprised if didn't win because of the implications...nerd.gifnerd.gifnerd.gif
post #124 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

At 38-years-old is this really winning? Looks lonely to me.
Begging 20-year-olds for yambs...?

Not at all bruh.

You're reflecting your ideals onto Leo.

What may seem like loneliness to you is paradise to him.

To each his own I guess.
post #125 of 148
[quote name="IHeartBoost6 yambs, chillin on a yacht in the South of France. [/quote]

Sounds like a Weezy line.
post #126 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

At 38-years-old is this really winning? Looks lonely to me.
Begging 20-year-olds for yambs...?

Yes. It's winning. I mean when you're at the top, girls who refuse you are like rare gems. Guy couldn't believe shorty turned him down so he felt begging was appropriate word to Henry VIII. No way anyone on this board can judge this man.....ever.
post #127 of 148
Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #128 of 148

he hasn't aged one bit.

post #129 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning
post #130 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning

Damn.
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
post #131 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning

*insert* gif of MJ eating pop corn and black guy unfolding chair. Someone help me out with this.
Texans-Raptors-Leafs
comp FPS anyone?smokin.gif
Reply
Texans-Raptors-Leafs
comp FPS anyone?smokin.gif
Reply
post #132 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlslovewaffles View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning

Damn.


I mean, you knew it was coming.
post #133 of 148
Just saw this while browsing this mag:



Dude owns an island, man.
post #134 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2g00d4u View Post

Just saw this while browsing this mag:



Dude owns an island, man.

Well, according to Nomad, if you're 38 and you own an island, you're lonely and losing in life.

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
post #135 of 148
**** outta here twisting my words ...Leonardo is one of my favorite actors, top 5, I'm not hating on the man. Just sharing an observation.

Dude has all that wealth and spends the night begging a 20-year-old for company.


You can always spot the virgins and those not smashing...show me a dime piece and I'll show you the man tired of smashing her.


Some of us get bored with just a nice face and body...a female that will do anything and everything you say based on status. Some men want companionship.



As far a my girl partying with friends? So what ...yall dudes cuffin HARD out here huh? If a dude can take her then I don't need her.
post #136 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

**** outta here twisting my words ...Leonardo is one of my favorite actors, top 5, I'm not hating on the man. Just sharing an observation.

Dude has all that wealth and spends the night begging a 20-year-old for company.


You can always spot the virgins and those not smashing...show me a dime piece and I'll show you the man tired of smashing her.


Some of us get bored with just a nice face and body...a female that will do anything and everything you say based on status. Some men want companionship.



As far a my girl partying with friends? So what ...yall dudes cuffin HARD out here huh? If a dude can take her then I don't need her.

I agree about being bored with a nice face and body.

At the end of the day, having someone to talk to about your day and sharing jokes with is crucial.
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
Smooth seas don't make good sailors.
Reply
post #137 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gllahone84 View Post

Nah man **** Michael Rapaport for playing Remy in Higher Learning.

He really shaved his head at the end smh
Idk why but his character had me so heated. I don't care if it was acting, **** him
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
post #138 of 148
Rapaport is probably a bigger hip-hop fan than some black people. He really loves the culture and has for more than two decades.

Check out his Tribe Called Quest documentary...might be on Netflix.
post #139 of 148
laugh.gif Yeah I found that out later on but it's still **** him.. I watched the movie when I was young and I couldn't really grasp that it was acting, so it always scarred me
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
post #140 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade On You View Post

Leo is that dude pimp.gif
post #141 of 148
He does have that look like he possess massive levels of rage.

But I learned more perceptive a white guy is of black history the more he respects it...but the more he respects it is the more he becomes conflicted with it all.

Scott Caan is another low key hip-hop head.
People don't know he had a rap group with Alchemist as kids.

A lot of whites you expect to be racists are usually not and struggle to understand and respect what happened.


But the ones you think arent really are, they have no respect for blacks as a people or our struggle


....See Paris Hilton video
post #142 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

He does have that look like he possess massive levels of rage.

But I learned more perceptive a white guy is of black history the more he respects it...but the more he respects it is the more he becomes conflicted with it all.

Scott Caan is another low key hip-hop head.
People don't know he had a rap group with Alchemist as kids.

A lot of whites you expect to be racists are usually not and struggle to understand and respect what happened.


But the ones you think arent really are, they have no respect for blacks as a people or our struggle


....See Paris Hilton video
nerd.gif Can you elaborate on this cause sometimes I feel the same way. Any personal examples?
post #143 of 148
I think a lot of that is the fault of the media/mainstream society.

If you feel like you're constantly being told "Don't be racist don't be racist don't be racist" eventually the idea of racism is just going to become a joke/cliche to you. On the outside you might pretend not to be racist so you don't come across as ignorant in public, but inside you probably haven't actually put in the effort to understand what the whole racial struggle is all about.

A lot of the white people I know aren't racist, but they clearly hold undeveloped and unexamined views about race. I don't hold it against them or anything.


That goes for a lot of things though. In general, most people don't take the time to put themselves in other people's shoes. They stay in their bubble and only pay attention to their experience, and that's it.
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
NT's Chill Youtube Playlist (Part II)

Your musical suggestions/contributions welcome: Post Your Favorite Chill Songs
Reply
post #144 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

Nomads girl goes out and gets hammered without him and he makes threads about his friends not being able to afford his life style so he doesn't hang with them

That's the opposite of winning

 

post #145 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

**** outta here twisting my words ...Leonardo is one of my favorite actors, top 5, I'm not hating on the man. Just sharing an observation.

Dude has all that wealth and spends the night begging a 20-year-old for company.


You can always spot the virgins and those not smashing...show me a dime piece and I'll show you the man tired of smashing her.


Some of us get bored with just a nice face and body...a female that will do anything and everything you say based on status. Some men want companionship.



As far a my girl partying with friends? So what ...yall dudes cuffin HARD out here huh? If a dude can take her then I don't need her.

 

yes your girl could look like portman but if she's dumb as clay after you got it a bunch you get tired of not conneccting.  maybe leo IS bored.  maybe leo saw something in ol girl and maybe that's why he was 'begging'.  or, maybe she's the first girl in awhile that turned him down at first blush and he wasn't tryna have that because ya know, he's leo dicaprio.  some dudes ain't the settling type and i think he's one of 'em.  you don't go from a playboy to a hubby like *that*.  

post #146 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiStar View Post


nerd.gif Can you elaborate on this cause sometimes I feel the same way. Any personal examples?

 

 

Sometimes white people navigate through life based on appearances and color ...for those who think that way, it's their strongest asset. They're programmed since birth to dissociate themselves from blacks and people they consider lower class.

 

We all see, some of us don't care to pay attention but the signs are there.

Finally when these people get a certain age where their parents have limited control over their decisions they're exposed to a world that's NEW to them ...whites who don't see color are fine, they become cultured, respect boundaries, date outside their race, respect other's way of life or obstacles. white's who are aware they are where they are because of their race and don't possess any talents, skills, social skills or genuine character usual "level the playing field" and blurt out slurs or rants at parties, gathering etc.


Paris Hilton's N word rant was sickening to watch, it came from the gut ...then we got Wayne the Sambo signing her to Young Money not realizing all his white supporters will lose respect for him because he's obviously OBLIVIOUS to her N word rant. His black fans gave him the sell out stamp last week. Let's not forget her telling Vin Diesel she can't date him anymore cause she found out he was black.

 

 

Girl is complete and udder TRASH, since her popularity dwindled she's been hoping in pics with every black she can find because she sees the world is changing every day and color lines are blurring faster than they were in the early 2000's...You got Lana Del Rey taking artistic approaches at spreading TRUE acceptance with her "National Anthem" video. Showing that if we TRULY seen as EQUAL and ACCEPTED our appearance wouldn't be "provocative" or "edgy". Iggy's dating the guy for real. 

Mel Gibson, Dog the Bounty Hunter, are examples of how deep this runs and appearances can be deceiving...Mel Gibson was a "man's man", Danny Glover's "best friend" and then his rant..."Pack of N's", meaning young, vibrant, attractive, RICH NBA players around his wife. Why? He was the "charming" typical text book "white guy"..all he had to do was smile and be white his whole life.

 

Dog the Bounty Hunter was a racist, raised his kids racist...his son wants to marry a black girl and Dog calls her a N that can't be trusted, he disowns his family for her.

 

But we'd expect Dog's son to be the racist before Mel...based on Mel's ability to "smile, be white and friendly".



Earlier this month I was at a gala and realized it was me in a room full of white people, hundreds of them, and one other black guy....I don't think white's realize how this type of isolation builds character and takes EXTREME confidence and patience. Some of them that recognize the amount of confidence and patience it takes get jealous or feel threatened because they know I got to where I was at not because I'm white but because I worked twice as hard as he did.And it's a tough pill to swallow.

 

Hence Remy's scene where we see his bald head for the first time after he's clearly frustrated and upset that everyone getting their test done but him, so he's bears his shaved hear as a gesture to present his false sense of "white pride" because that's all he has.

 

I always loved John Singleton's methods for expressing social issues on screen, but his hack of 2 Fast 2 Furious made me hate him FOREVER.


Edited by The Nomad - 5/27/13 at 11:05pm
post #147 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Assassin View Post

yes your girl could look like portman but if she's dumb as clay after you got it a bunch you get tired of not conneccting.  maybe leo IS bored.  maybe leo saw something in ol girl and maybe that's why he was 'begging'.  or, maybe she's the first girl in awhile that turned him down at first blush and he wasn't tryna have that because ya know, he's leo dicaprio.  some dudes ain't the settling type and i think he's one of 'em.  you don't go from a playboy to a hubby like *that*.  

It really is just a matter of perception. Even in your teen years we all knew a dude who couldn't function without a girlfriend, and another dude who smashed every JO consenting.

It's a mindset. Like you said, dude isn't the settling type. To someone who "sees value" in companionship that's appalling, but to someone like Leo the idea of companionship is appalling. You could look at dudes life and say he's lonely, and he can look at your life and say you're a prisoner.
post #148 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiStar View Post

nerd.gif Can you elaborate on this cause sometimes I feel the same way. Any personal examples?


Sometimes white people navigate through life based on appearances and color ...for those who think that way, it's their strongest asset. They're programmed since birth to dissociate themselves from blacks and people they consider lower class.

We all see, some of us don't care to pay attention but the signs are there.


Finally when these people get a certain age where their parents have limited control over their decisions they're exposed to a world that's NEW to them ...whites who don't see color are fine, they become cultured, respect boundaries, date outside their race, respect other's way of life or obstacles. white's who are aware they are where they are because of their race and don't possess any talents, skills, social skills or genuine character usual "level the playing field" and blurt out slurs or rants at parties, gathering etc.



Paris Hilton's N word rant was sickening to watch, it came from the gut ...then we got Wayne the Sambo signing her to Young Money not realizing all his white supporters will lose respect for him because he's obviously OBLIVIOUS to her N word rant. His black fans gave him the sell out stamp last week. Let's not forget her telling Vin Diesel she can't date him anymore cause she found out he was black.


Girl is complete and udder TRASH, since her popularity dwindled she's been hoping in pics with every black she can find because she sees the world is changing every day and color lines are blurring faster than they were in the early 2000's...You got Lana Del Rey taking artistic approaches at spreading TRUE acceptance with her "National Anthem" video. Showing that if we TRULY seen as EQUAL and ACCEPTED our appearance wouldn't be "provocative" or "edgy". Iggy's dating the guy for real. 


Mel Gibson, Dog the Bounty Hunter, are examples of how deep this runs and appearances can be deceiving...Mel Gibson was a "man's man", Danny Glover's "best friend" and then his rant..."Pack of N's", meaning young, vibrant, attractive, RICH NBA players around his wife. Why? He was the "charming" typical text book "white guy"..all he had to do was smile and be white his whole life.

Dog the Bounty Hunter was a racist, raised his kids racist...his son wants to marry a black girl and Dog calls her a N that can't be trusted, he disowns his family for her.

But we'd expect Dog's son to be the racist before Mel...based on Mel's ability to "smile, be white and friendly".




Earlier this month I was at a gala and realized it was me in a room full of white people, hundreds of them, and one other black guy....I don't think white's realize how this type of isolation builds character and takes EXTREME confidence and patience. Some of them that recognize the amount of confidence and patience it takes get jealous or feel threatened because they know I got to where I was at not because I'm white but because I worked twice as hard as he did.And it's a tough pill to swallow.

Hence Remy's scene where we see his bald head for the first time after he's clearly frustrated and upset that everyone getting their test done but him, so he's bears his shaved hear as a gesture to present his false sense of "white pride" because that's all he has.

I always loved John Singleton's methods for expressing social issues on screen, but his hack of 2 Fast 2 Furious made me hate him FOREVER.

cheers-slow-clap.gif

solid post and solid read as well. cosigned.

did not know about vin and paris...vin could def pull quality women tho idk how he ended up with paris.

can't really be surprised with wayne. with anything he does at this point. including dying. srs...


2fast2furious put luda and ty in the franchise...dudes are roll.gif in those movies, they are def appreciated pimp.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › DiCaprio continuously wins at life...