Originally Posted by doyung9
I'm not going to go back and forth with you or anyone else, because I frankly don't have the time, but a few things.
1. You cannot say with any certainty that his skin color had anything to do with this. There is a reason banks and other establishments ask for hat, sunglasses, and HOODS be removed before entering. Hooded pullovers, when pulled over your head, offer significant cover from recognition. Unlike you, I'm not going to assume I know what George Zimmerman would have done to a "white man in a suit" (funny how quick some people are to throw that term out there) or in a polo.
2. You're creating most of these "implications". "Punk" does not mean black. From what he said, NOT WHAT YOU THINK HE SAID OR THINK HE MEANT BY WHAT HE SAID, punk is referring to who always gets away in that neighborhood, which by PROVEN CONTEXT OF THE CONVERSATION, can only be traced back to the burglars who'd been breaking in that neighborhood.
3. You're over here reaching, like most people, because deep down inside, anytime something happens to someone "black", it's gotta be racism right? Can't be anything else. Meanwhile, YOU'RE BEING EXTREMELY RACIST AND PRESUMPTUOUS by convincing yourself of facts about this case that are merely your theories. And why?
Because just like the idiot I spoke to yesterday who told me "life is about assuming things in life", in regards to this same topic, YOUR PERSONAL ASSUMPTIONS IN REGARDS TO THIS CASE ARE BLINDING YOU TO WHAT'S ON PAPER.
1. No one can say anything with Certainty...
TM wasn't at a bank, or on private property with a dress code. He was in a place that he had a legal right to be. Whether or not his clothes made GZ uncomfortable is COMPLETELY based on GZ's personal prejudices. And as far as the suit, I honestly don't think it would've mattered if the man was white or black, the suit implicates socioeconomic status, I believe that GZ's prejudice was based on race and socioeconomic status. No one knows tho, unless they can read his thoughts... that's why you view the circumstances.
2. Punk does not mean black. True. But he states "these punks always get away" and states that TM was black... who are "these punks" lets not be naive. That was the context...
3. Stuff happens to black people all the time that is entirely their fault, But, if you live in America and don't see the clear prejudice that exist then you are truly sheltered. Just look at the disproportionate sentences that african americans receive compared to other races for the exact same crimes. GZ's preconceived notions and prejudices were clear in his decision to follow TM. Now GZ was well in his right to follow TM, but you're not being serious if you don't think his personal prejudices were at play. I'm not implying he's a Klan leader, but race was certainly a factor.
To address your last statement... This is a discussion board, I'm here to discuss and share my opinions and listen and hear others. Many in here do a tremendous job of having an opinion without getting worked up. You are writing in all caps and personally calling me a racist. It seems, you are letting your emotions get the best of you. And of course I'm stating my theories. No one was there, everything is a theory, from the medical examiners to what the jury perceives.