NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Dodge Challenger gets 640 horsepower supercharged engine 2014 vol. Da HEMI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dodge Challenger gets 640 horsepower supercharged engine 2014 vol. Da HEMI

post #1 of 128
Thread Starter 
http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hemi-chrysler-plans-supercharged-hemi-v-8-article-1.1349193

sick.gifpimp.gif

horsepower supercharged Hellcat Hemi V-8
Chrysler plans to outdo itself with the latest supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine, dubbed Hellcat. The new Hemi will make around 640 horsepoewr, close to that of the current SRT Viper's V-10 engine. The new Hemi is expected to debut in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

BY CLARKE BOWLING / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013, 2:54 PM
10
8
0

Print

CHRYSLER

A refreshed 2015 Dodge Challenger is expected to launch with an optional supercharged Hellcat V-8 Hemi.
RELATED STORIES
Chrysler ably combines the Hemi and electric motor in the 2009 Aspen Hybrid
Chrysler Aspen flexes its V-8 muscle, but keeps it green
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive laps the Nürburgring racetrack in a record-setting run for a production EV
Chevrolet announces pricing for the SS sedan, and news that it will be subject to gas guzzler penalty

Hey, that thing got a Hemi? Chrysler plans to make its owners happier than ever with a supercharged version of its famous engine.

Chrysler is working on a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine that will make around 640 horsepower, reports Automotive News. The new engine’s power is near that of the SRT Viper’s current V-10.

RELATED: ‘FAST & FURIOUS 6’ FEATURES WILDER STUNTS AND CRAZIER VEHICLES

Under the code-name Hellcat, the supercharged Hemi will likely make its debut on a refreshed Dodge Challenger set to be released in late 2014 as part of the 2015 model year. The powerful engine may be offered as an option on other Chrysler vehicles as well.

According to the report, a Chrysler engineer has described the new Hellcat as the swan song for gas-guzzling, high-horsepower engines. Federal mandates for increased fuel economy have put pressure on automakers to reach a fleet-wide efficiency average of 54.5 miles per gallon.

Obama...da muscle car killer.... mean.gif

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2 of 128
Not official until I see autoblog report it.
post #3 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Audi View Post

Not official until I see autoblog report it.

They already already testing a mule for it b.

Damn....before i have kids i need a GT500/ZL1/

Or this new hell cat hemi challenger.... Sheesh.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #4 of 128

It is official as the camo pics have been seen since last week..but u shoulda waited to make this post until non-camoed pics were out..

Member since 2003

Reply

Member since 2003

Reply
post #5 of 128
Ninja was too excited. I wanna see numbers and msrp.
post #6 of 128

pimp.gif

post #7 of 128
Lol just made a SN to reply eh.
post #8 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol1k View Post

It is official as the camo pics have been seen since last week..but u shoulda waited to make this post until non-camoed pics were out..

I doubt they tweek da front clip too much other

Then making some air intake slots..

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #9 of 128
Oh it's a wrap. I mentioned this in the post your car thread way back when I first posted my car. Now they're making it official. If they drop the SC 6.2 in the Charger it's a done deal!

640 horses in the grocery getter?!?!?! pimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gifpimp.gif



- Preciate it.
post #10 of 128
But the gt500 still makes more power
post #11 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadoctadvocate View Post

But the gt500 still makes more power
It does but now Dodge will at least have a car that can compete. Well they will give the illusion that it can anyway which may entice buyers. I can bet they will upgrade the interior which I'm almost certain will be nicer than the Stang's. They're giving the choice of a better looking car (subjective), nicer more comfortable ride experience, and comparable power. Smart move on Chrysler's part.

You right though that snake is a certified BEAST! sick.gif



- Preciate it
post #12 of 128
I am skipping the entire 6.4 liter gen and keeping my.money for the supercharged 6.2 liter. Im hoping the SRT Cuda gets at least 25 more HP than the Challenger to set it apart.

I would have rather have the 7.0 liter aluminum Mopar Hemi, but getting 22-25 mpg and 640 HP from the supercharged 6.2 Hemi had me excited for this.
Edited by Supermanblue79 - 6/17/13 at 9:12am
post #13 of 128
What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
Hard Knocks Open Tough Locks

Areyouin729
2002-2009
Reply
post #14 of 128
I dont need that 640HP. Regular hemi + supercharger is enough goodness for me.glasses.gif
post #15 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Audi View Post

Lol just made a SN to reply eh.
roll.gif
post #16 of 128
waiting for american muscle prestige to be restored....

until then...only american I can do are pre 90's

impressive specs tho, US on its way
post #17 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?
Because more is always better.
post #18 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanblue79 View Post

I am skipping the entire 6.4 liter gen and keeping my.money for the supercharged 6.2 liter. Im hoping the SRT Cuda gets at least 25 more HP than the Challenger to set it apart.

I would have rather have the 7.0 liter aluminum Mopar Hemi, but getting 22-25 mpg and 640 HP from the supercharged 6.2 Hemi had me excited for this.

Cuda wont be out til 2016 at the earliest tho..too long of a wait for me even tho i like my current car still

Member since 2003

Reply

Member since 2003

Reply
post #19 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?

That low end torque >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #20 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?
Remember as a kid when you rode the roller coaster that went from zero to Holy **** in .7896079274 seconds? That's what 640HP and torque feels like laugh.gif

Nah but when you're talking your avg consumer car it's just a big fun factor, that's it really. You really haven't experienced cars until you've been behind the wheel of something with serious power.



- Preciate it.
post #21 of 128
laugh.gif What's this thing gonna weigh, 7000 pounds? 5.4MPG? What a joke
post #22 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hemi-chrysler-plans-supercharged-hemi-v-8-article-1.1349193

sick.gifpimp.gif

horsepower supercharged Hellcat Hemi V-8
Chrysler plans to outdo itself with the latest supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine, dubbed Hellcat. The new Hemi will make around 640 horsepoewr, close to that of the current SRT Viper's V-10 engine. The new Hemi is expected to debut in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

BY CLARKE BOWLING / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013, 2:54 PM
10
8
0

Print

CHRYSLER

A refreshed 2015 Dodge Challenger is expected to launch with an optional supercharged Hellcat V-8 Hemi.
RELATED STORIES
Chrysler ably combines the Hemi and electric motor in the 2009 Aspen Hybrid
Chrysler Aspen flexes its V-8 muscle, but keeps it green
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive laps the Nürburgring racetrack in a record-setting run for a production EV
Chevrolet announces pricing for the SS sedan, and news that it will be subject to gas guzzler penalty

Hey, that thing got a Hemi? Chrysler plans to make its owners happier than ever with a supercharged version of its famous engine.

Chrysler is working on a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine that will make around 640 horsepower, reports Automotive News. The new engine’s power is near that of the SRT Viper’s current V-10.

RELATED: ‘FAST & FURIOUS 6’ FEATURES WILDER STUNTS AND CRAZIER VEHICLES

Under the code-name Hellcat, the supercharged Hemi will likely make its debut on a refreshed Dodge Challenger set to be released in late 2014 as part of the 2015 model year. The powerful engine may be offered as an option on other Chrysler vehicles as well.

According to the report, a Chrysler engineer has described the new Hellcat as the swan song for gas-guzzling, high-horsepower engines. Federal mandates for increased fuel economy have put pressure on automakers to reach a fleet-wide efficiency average of 54.5 miles per gallon.

Obama...da muscle car killer.... mean.gif


Last years Shelby GT 500 powered up to.... 662 HP.. So why do you think this new is relevant?
post #23 of 128
what about the 3.6 with supercharger smokin.gif. i need one of them on my 11
post #24 of 128
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpacunlimited View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/hemi-chrysler-plans-supercharged-hemi-v-8-article-1.1349193

sick.gifpimp.gif

horsepower supercharged Hellcat Hemi V-8
Chrysler plans to outdo itself with the latest supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine, dubbed Hellcat. The new Hemi will make around 640 horsepoewr, close to that of the current SRT Viper's V-10 engine. The new Hemi is expected to debut in the 2015 Dodge Challenger.

BY CLARKE BOWLING / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

MONDAY, MAY 20, 2013, 2:54 PM
10
8
0

Print

CHRYSLER

A refreshed 2015 Dodge Challenger is expected to launch with an optional supercharged Hellcat V-8 Hemi.
RELATED STORIES
Chrysler ably combines the Hemi and electric motor in the 2009 Aspen Hybrid
Chrysler Aspen flexes its V-8 muscle, but keeps it green
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Electric Drive laps the Nürburgring racetrack in a record-setting run for a production EV
Chevrolet announces pricing for the SS sedan, and news that it will be subject to gas guzzler penalty

Hey, that thing got a Hemi? Chrysler plans to make its owners happier than ever with a supercharged version of its famous engine.

Chrysler is working on a supercharged 6.2-liter Hemi V-8 engine that will make around 640 horsepower, reports Automotive News. The new engine’s power is near that of the SRT Viper’s current V-10.

RELATED: ‘FAST & FURIOUS 6’ FEATURES WILDER STUNTS AND CRAZIER VEHICLES

Under the code-name Hellcat, the supercharged Hemi will likely make its debut on a refreshed Dodge Challenger set to be released in late 2014 as part of the 2015 model year. The powerful engine may be offered as an option on other Chrysler vehicles as well.

According to the report, a Chrysler engineer has described the new Hellcat as the swan song for gas-guzzling, high-horsepower engines. Federal mandates for increased fuel economy have put pressure on automakers to reach a fleet-wide efficiency average of 54.5 miles per gallon.

Obama...da muscle car killer.... mean.gif


Last years Shelby GT 500 powered up to.... 662 HP.. So why do you think this new is relevant?

Mopar got a answer finally, da challenger is actually

A more roomier car then da mustang so its more

practical, and mopar will mate this with its new

8 speed transmission its got on deck for da

challenger refresh. Automatic offering will make

This car accessible to more folks then da manual

Only gt500.

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://twitter.com/Ninjahood

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #25 of 128
GT500>

Easily. Give me the Shelby Cobra while we're at it
post #26 of 128
wait so they refreshing it? i trhought they were going to replace it with the cuda?
i dont care i already planned to get a challenger for the 2015 model year since that was when i remember they said that was gonna be the last model year
also will this only be avalailable on a srt8 or will it be available in a r/t when it arrives
EDIT: NINJA can u keep this thread updated with info as it comes out it would be greatly appreciated
post #27 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillIn729 View Post

What's the point of having 640HP? Just to say you have?


Pretty much... I LOVE over zealous muscle cars but after a certain point all your doing is smoking the tires.

The new GT500 is a perfect example... The Boss is a much more functional car. Ford refuses to release Nurburgring times on their Gt500 Even though they tested it, because it supposedly performed very poorly in comparison to their less powerful models. At a certain point Too much power makes any car extremely hard to control.



Companies really only do this kind of thing for bragging rights and brand recognition. Its also a marketing tactic to make their base models and mid range models seem MUCH more affordable by comparison.
post #28 of 128
how can someone take advantage of 640 horsepower in nyc?
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Christmas Size 13
$249 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Year Of The Dragon Size 13
$279 (USD) or best offer
Reply
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Christmas Size 13
$249 (USD) or best offer
For Sale: Deadstock KD IV Year Of The Dragon Size 13
$279 (USD) or best offer
Reply
post #29 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hater boxden View Post

how can someone take advantage of 640 horsepower in nyc?
thats why CA>ny
post #30 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by the hater boxden View Post

how can someone take advantage of 640 horsepower in nyc?

Yambs.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Dodge Challenger gets 640 horsepower supercharged engine 2014 vol. Da HEMI