Lol this is a pretty ridiculous notion.. That variety and freedom of choice is looked down upon in such masses.. baffled really.
Everyone's priorities and interest differ greatly. If I could afford it, I still wouldn't have a stable of high-priced, luxury cars like a few guys on here.. and if I did, I can guarantee it wouldn't be the same models.. Personal preferences.
If someone chooses a G37, over a pricier investment, like an M3.. The logic is: fake stunting.. broke, lame etc? What about the hidden key points, that vehicle may hold over another vehicle?
Vehicles are a drain on your pockets no matter how caked you are.. you lose money by owning one period. Why not try and mitigate those losses as best as possible?
I spent years researching, buying and driving used BMW, Hondas, Mercedes, Acuras, Infinitis etc. Why?
1. The cost of entry was cheap.. generally under 6k.. sometimes much lower(A year ago, I found a 95 M3 with 130k on clock for 4k.. no pressing issues.. just a clueless owner. these deals are out there).
2. I would choose a vehicle, that I didnt mind getting around in, was comfortable, and had features I was looking for(even in an older vehicle)
3. I like fixing things myself, to reduce the out of pocket cost, and parts are usually more plentiful on older vehicle. This saves money for what I prefer to prioritize.. my quality of life.
4. Insurance cost was much lower.
5. At a moments notice, you can sell the car, make back what you paid for it.. and hop into something else.
I can go on and on.
At any point, I could have decided meh, ill drop 60k on an A5/S5, C63 etc. But for what? I dont live in my car.. it gets me from point A to point B. If im taking a roadtrip.. I grab a rental and beat the hell out of that.
The prevailing logic here is just cigol imo.
This is whats causing our society to spend days outside a store front, for pairs of shoes everyone on your block will also have.. and copy cat the dresses and capris that a a closet homosexual rapper is wearing.. The purge is coming..
Edited by Phen0m - 8/16/13 at 3:24pm