NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › OFFICIAL XBOX ONE (WON ;) ) THREAD | FINAL FANTASY 15 OUT NOW! NEW GIVEAWAY NOW LIVE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL XBOX ONE (WON ;) ) THREAD | FINAL FANTASY 15 OUT NOW! NEW GIVEAWAY NOW LIVE! - Page 430

Poll Results: WHICH GAME TAKES HOME GAME OF THE YEAR HONORS THIS YEAR?!

 
  • 33% (3)
    BATTLEFIELD 1
  • 0% (0)
    GEARS OF WAR 4
  • 0% (0)
    CALL OF DUTY: INFINITE WARFARE
  • 0% (0)
    COD 4 REMASTERED
  • 11% (1)
    FINAL FANTASY 15
  • 0% (0)
    TITANFALL 2
  • 33% (3)
    OVERWATCH
  • 0% (0)
    ROCKET LEAGUE
  • 11% (1)
    FORZA HORIZON 3
  • 0% (0)
    DOOM
  • 0% (0)
    DISHONORED 2
  • 11% (1)
    THE DIVISION
  • 0% (0)
    DARK SOULS 3
  • 0% (0)
    INSIDE
  • 0% (0)
    PLANTS VS ZOMBIES GARDEN WARFARE 2
  • 0% (0)
    DEUS EX MANKIND DIVIDED
9 Total Votes  
post #12871 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post

H3 is still going. Game is near 6 years old.

I'm not a volume type game player anymore. I just need one or two games that hold me over for years. H2 WAS the OG Xbox for me and h3 WAS the 360 for me.
Is halo 3 still? I haven't touched my 360 in months so I didn't know. Have you played it recently tho? I may go back on if I can find a game

Played it on Sunday. I still find games in any playlist that I search. You can find games in every ranked playlists and Social Slayer and BTB are still pretty populated. 

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply
post #12872 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

Is halo 3 still? I haven't touched my 360 in months so I didn't know. Have you played it recently tho? I may go back on if I can find a game

Last time I played it was during the winter. The community is small and foreign laugh.gif but it's still playable. Getting a game in slayer is easy, just don't play anything else really or you might be in for a long wait depending on what time it is laugh.gif
post #12873 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

You guys more excited for Halo or Destiny? I know a few of you have PS4s also and played the the Destiny Alpha, whats your take?
Halo. I'll play destiny for a good 2 months before halo releases in November I'll have beaten the campaign and played plenty of mp by then
post #12874 of 54283
Playing halo 3 on my Good TV kills the game. The frame rate is too small or something and every movement I make is delayed. I have to play it on the 60hz TV
post #12875 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post

Playing halo 3 on my Good TV kills the game. The frame rate is too small or something and every movement I make is delayed. I have to play it on the 60hz TV

I will never attempt to seriously play Halo on a TV thats larger than 22 inches. I still stick with my same TV because of Halo.

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply
post #12876 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidope View Post

I will never attempt to seriously play Halo on a TV thats larger than 22 inches. I still stick with my same TV because of Halo.

Man I have a 42 inch that I rock with. Thinking of grabbing a smaller TV for my work area for "WORK". nerd.gif

At a smaller size does 120hz even matter?
post #12877 of 54283

I've only played Halo 3's MP a handful of times but I enjoyed it more than Destiny, granted it was just the Alpha but I want something that is more straight forward killing, capturing flags etc. Not really feeling the whole MMO vibe for a FPS even though I love RPGs. Halo just seems simple compared to Destiny and that's what I prefer with FPS.

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply
post #12878 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidope View Post

I will never attempt to seriously play Halo on a TV thats larger than 22 inches. I still stick with my same TV because of Halo.

Man I have a 42 inch that I rock with. Thinking of grabbing a smaller TV for my work area for "WORK". nerd.gif

At a smaller size does 120hz even matter?

As far as I know, the "benefits" gained from 120 vs 60hz are negligible when not playing on a big TV

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply
post #12879 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

I've only played Halo 3's MP a handful of times but I enjoyed it more than Destiny, granted it was just the Alpha but I want something that is more straight forward killing, capturing flags etc. Not really feeling the whole MMO vibe for a FPS even though I love RPGs. Halo just seems simple compared to Destiny and that's what I prefer with FPS.

Halo 1-3 were so simple it had people going "why didnt I think of that?". I think from that simplicity came the beauty of the game. Before halo came the games where you had 12 weapons you could possibly pick up and have (doom/unreal tournament style). The recharging shield thing in itself is now a FPS staple. Why they didn't patent that is beyond me laugh.gif

The game was about about using the tools you were given (NOT PICKED) and moving on from there.
post #12880 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post


Halo 1-3 were so simple it had people going "why didnt I think of that?". I think from that simplicity came the beauty of the game. Before halo came the games where you had 12 weapons you could possibly pick up and have (doom/unreal tournament style). The recharging shield thing in itself is now a FPS staple. Why they didn't patent that is beyond me laugh.gif

The game was about about using the tools you were given (NOT PICKED) and moving on from there.

Yeah I do like being able to customize my loadouts and what not but only in CoD and BF. It just doesn't feel right in other games. I remember trying to get to the Boomshot on Grdilock from Gears, that was half the battle right there. It made everything just that much better for me.

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply
post #12881 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

Yeah I do like being able to customize my loadouts and what not but only in CoD and BF. It just doesn't feel right in other games. I remember trying to get to the Boomshot on Grdilock from Gears, that was half the battle right there. It made everything just that much better for me.

Think about how much weapon pick ups changed the flow of games and map movement. Every game of COD essentially plays like a game of team snipers in halo.


Don't get me started on kill cam laugh.gif


What's the point of rewarding the guy who gets killed? Kill streaks are also stupid IMO. All it does is make land slide victories
post #12882 of 54283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

You guys more excited for Halo or Destiny? I know a few of you have PS4s also and played the the Destiny Alpha, whats your take?

MY ANSWER IS OBVIOUS. DESTINY. I LOVVVVEEE HALO BUT DESTINY FROM WHAT I PLAYED WAS ***ING AMAZING. PLUS IT PLAYS MORE LIKE HALO 3 THAN HALO 2 AND I'M PROBABLY ONE OF THE FEW HALO FANS WHO ENJOYED HALO 3 MORE THAN HALO 2.
ADIDAS YEEZY 350 BOOST V2 RED/COPPER/GREEN AUTOCHECKOUT SLOTS NOW OPEN!! USE COUPON CODE: NIKETALK15 FOR SPECIAL NIKETALK DISCOUNT PRICING!!
XBO...
RSVPsniper.com
(1 photos)
  
Reply
ADIDAS YEEZY 350 BOOST V2 RED/COPPER/GREEN AUTOCHECKOUT SLOTS NOW OPEN!! USE COUPON CODE: NIKETALK15 FOR SPECIAL NIKETALK DISCOUNT PRICING!!
XBO...
RSVPsniper.com
(1 photos)
  
Reply
post #12883 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissfinest View Post

MY ANSWER IS OBVIOUS. DESTINY. I LOVVVVEEE HALO BUT DESTINY FROM WHAT I PLAYED WAS ***ING AMAZING. PLUS IT PLAYS MORE LIKE HALO 3 THAN HALO 2 AND I'M PROBABLY ONE OF THE FEW HALO FANS WHO ENJOYED HALO 3 MORE THAN HALO 2.
As an overall experience I enjoyed halo 3 more than 2. Especially when you got some friends that had cool custom games and maps pimp.gif
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #12884 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post


Think about how much weapon pick ups changed the flow of games and map movement. Every game of COD essentially plays like a game of team snipers in halo.


Don't get me started on kill cam laugh.gif


What's the point of rewarding the guy who gets killed? Kill streaks are also stupid IMO. All it does is make land slide victories

All of this true but I couldn't imagine playing CoD without kill streaks. I could do without the kill cam anyday. I'm not sure if I'd like CoD without loadouts, I'm too used to it. Honestly give me a CoD and another Gears and I'd be set with shooters. Halo MCC is just to hold me off until I get another Gears game.

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply
post #12885 of 54283
Didn't get a chance to play the pvp in destiny.. I should get more time once the beta drops. From the pve standpoint if that's how mp will be I think I'll enjoy it but not more than halo mp mainly cause it's a ads shooter rather than hip

Halo I know what I'm getting and am excited for it.
post #12886 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTex HOGG View Post

All of this true but I couldn't imagine playing CoD without kill streaks. I could do without the kill cam anyday. I'm not sure if I'd like CoD without loadouts, I'm too used to it. Honestly give me a CoD and another Gears and I'd be set with shooters. Halo MCC is just to hold me off until I get another Gears game.

COD is load outs and kill streaks. That's their thing and I get that. I'm just not a fan of other games with that sick.gif

halo with load outs and kill perks (ordinance)? sick.gif barf status
post #12887 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post

COD is load outs and kill streaks. That's their thing and I get that. I'm just not a fan of other games with that sick.gif

halo with load outs and kill perks (ordinance)? sick.gif barf status
Man don't get me started on halo 4 with that ish man laugh.gif I hated that game for that as well as the perks too mean.gif took away the simplicity that made halo special
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #12888 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissfinest View Post

MY ANSWER IS OBVIOUS. DESTINY. I LOVVVVEEE HALO BUT DESTINY FROM WHAT I PLAYED WAS ***ING AMAZING. PLUS IT PLAYS MORE LIKE HALO 3 THAN HALO 2 AND I'M PROBABLY ONE OF THE FEW HALO FANS WHO ENJOYED HALO 3 MORE THAN HALO 2.
As an overall experience I enjoyed halo 3 more than 2. Especially when you got some friends that had cool custom games and maps pimp.gif

Agree with both post. I enjoyed Halo 2's pvp much much more, but playing the custom games forge maps and gametypes with friends off of XBL and randoms on Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>
post #12889 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

Man don't get me started on halo 4 with that ish man laugh.gif I hated that game for that as well as the perks too mean.gif took away the simplicity that made halo special

The main problem with the ordinance is the discrepancy of useful vs useless items you could get. Binary one hit kill gun or............................... Useless alien grenades laugh.gif

All picked randomly
post #12890 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackboyfly View Post

Agree with both post. I enjoyed Halo 2's pvp much much more, but playing the custom games forge maps and gametypes with friends off of XBL and randoms on Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>

But now that halo 2 also will have forge maps........ sick.gif good bye family time roll.gif
post #12891 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post


COD is load outs and kill streaks. That's their thing and I get that. I'm just not a fan of other games with that sick.gif

These are the words I was looking for. I don't mind BF 4 with their loadouts either.

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply

PSN: ricky_ff_iii   Live: Ricky FF III

Atlanta Falcons   Philadelphia 76ers

Miami Hurricanes

Reply
post #12892 of 54283

Speed Boost, Needler, Pulse Grenade in one ordinace

 

Sniper Rifle, Beam Rifle, Rail Gun in the next one. No balance whatsoever.

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply

San Antonio Spurs: MCMXCIX, MMIII, MMV, MMVII, MMXIV


I Never Cried When _____ Died, But I Definitely Will When Hov Does

Reply
post #12893 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post

The main problem with the ordinance is the discrepancy of useful vs useless items you could get. Binary one hit kill gun or............................... Useless alien grenades laugh.gif

All picked randomly
True and I hated the binary rifle so much mean.gif I remember one time dude just rushed me with it and started shooting all over the place when I was BRing him and right when I get his shield down I get shot once and I died mean.gif
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #12894 of 54283
Plex for Xbox One - Beta coming soon

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/top...17#entry671147

Key stuff, looks like there will be some nice Kinect integration:

"However, If you have Kinect you should be able to do more... much more...
Kinect should make for a better experience than is possible through a conventional media remote. It should let you do the things that presently require stand-alone apps like the Plex Phone apps to serve as your remote control, except be easier to use, be quicker to access, and have better accessibility for even the most simple tasks than a media remote.
Things like "Xbox, Pause Until I Get Back" or "Xbox, Play the Sequel When This is Over" or "Xbox, Skip the Credits" or "Xbox, Play some Music".


basically for those that don't know, with Plex you can organize your files on your computer ( music movies etc) and stream them. So you can rip a season of breaking bad from the dvd's you own, and stream them to your xbox and watch them. Or watch your pirated movies on your tv.
post #12895 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by seandon23 View Post

True and I hated the binary rifle so much mean.gif I remember one time dude just rushed me with it and started shooting all over the place when I was BRing him and right when I get his shield down I get shot once and I died mean.gif

And then they had that alien volcano bazooka that seemed to just kill everything on your screen laugh.gifmean.gif

Game was cheeks
post #12896 of 54283

Damn xboxone been out since Nov 22 time really flies on by quick. 

 

Soon enough it will be Nov 11th :smokin

 

next game on my list is NHL doe Sept 9th.

 

Im a boring video game person i only enjoy Sport games or FPS. Never got into RPGs or all them single story games. Need the fun in MP Online vs others.

 

Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself !

FLYERS-PHILLIES-SIXERS-EAGLES

 

IG : PIZZO23

 

Team T.A.N   

 

 

 

 

Reply

 

Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself !

FLYERS-PHILLIES-SIXERS-EAGLES

 

IG : PIZZO23

 

Team T.A.N   

 

 

 

 

Reply
post #12897 of 54283
Pretty much the same for me sports and fps
post #12898 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLASTERCOMBO View Post

And then they had that alien volcano bazooka that seemed to just kill everything on your screen laugh.gifmean.gif

Game was cheeks
Yeah and I thought rockets in halo 3 were OP man those things were insane mean.gif I mean it's like 343 thought that 1 big explosion wasn't enough so they needed to add 5 more smaller explosions to the mix mean.gif
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
PSN: imthebipolarbear / XBL: zBiPolarBear
 
 
Reply
post #12899 of 54283

im glad im not watching this at work
post #12900 of 54283
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakep267 View Post


im glad im not watching this at work

:rollin

I finally played the demo. It's alright, but I'll save my $60 for now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › OFFICIAL XBOX ONE (WON ;) ) THREAD | FINAL FANTASY 15 OUT NOW! NEW GIVEAWAY NOW LIVE!