Originally Posted by iYen
After having enjoyed your xb1s for many months now, what do you guys like/dislike about it?
Due to recent good news about the xb1, i may become an xb1 owner sooner than expected.
Welp.. here's my wall of text
- KINECT - As I've said before. I HAAAATED how much ms shoved that thing down my throat before i bought it. I now use it every time im using xbox one and firmly believe people that refuse to try / learn to use it are choosing to cut down their user experience on the xb1
- Never makes noise
- Love love LOVE the controller. I always hated that the OEM 360 controller had that webbed d-pad
- Plug in play battery is gawd mode
- It actually gets my 50+mb/s internet connection... my 360 was never "slow" but it just never utilize my full internet speed
- Overall, it FEELS like a fast machine when compared to the 360
- Ability to "minimize" a game... check something out real quick... and then go back to your game. (same applies to watching netflix, etc.)
- The "follow" feature on the friends list is cool... there are some youtube commentators that I added for kicks and giggles and thought it was cool that I can quickly compare stats, achievements, etc.
- The user interface... conceptually, I like it more than the very homely / juvenile look of the current 360 UI. However I feel it lacks the simplicity it needs to make the user have a better experience. For example: I shouldn't feel like I am "opening an app" to get to "my games and apps" I should be able to press RB to navigate to my Games, Apps, and Media EXACTLY how you can do it now, except populate with user owned content and make the STORE its own app.
- The speed of snapping parties/loading parties, my user experience with the party system is really poor, overall. I mean, it works...... but c'mon... My interpretation of the word "snap" is fast; quick; no delay.
- The inability to set your own background image and or color
- The inability to set your own color scheme based on a full scale color palate.
- The fact that user avatars have essentially been removed but for some reason still kind of exist... either let them live, or kill them...
- Forced game installs... this would not be a bad thing if the consoles were shipped with SATA3 SSD's, but I also understand that would have been too expensive to implement
- Inability to play media off external storage (supposedly coming soon though)
- No backwards compatibility (understandable... still hate it
- The notifications stay on the screen WAAAAAYYYYYY TOO LONG, they're big and bulky, just yuck...
I could go on and on about what I dislike for ages.... I design custom software for a living... I tend to get extremely picky