NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Snowboarders Please Enter..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Snowboarders Please Enter..

post #1 of 580
Thread Starter 
I'm looking to buy my 1st board.

I'm 6'1 185

size 11.5 shoe.

So I think I'm gonna get a 158 size board.

Can you guys tell me which is better? or help me find a better package.


I'm think about buying.


2013 Burton Blunt

http://www.the-house.com/snowboard-package-0002.html

or

2013 K2 Playback

http://www.the-house.com/snowboard-package-0030.html


Thx in advance.
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #2 of 580
how experienced are you?
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
post #3 of 580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahDukes View Post

how experienced are you?

Beginner. Only went snowboarding a handful of times.

I know how to heel slide but working on toe slide.
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #4 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23 View Post

Beginner. Only went snowboarding a handful of times.

I know how to heel slide but working on toe slide.

get a shorter board to start out with. easier to carve with.
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
post #5 of 580
Thread Starter 
what size do you recommend?

is a 158 too big?
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #6 of 580
I havent looked at the size of my board in ages but i'm actually about the same height and weight as you. lemme get back to you on that
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
Twitter: @fenixconnexion
Reply
post #7 of 580
im 6'2 215.lbs. i ride a 160 wide. im size 12 shoe. 158 wont hurt at all imo. no need to get a full park board if ur a beginner. blunt is a good choice, but keep in mind you may need bindings to match burton's binding system. if you need wide tho get it.
post #8 of 580

158 should be okay for your height.

 

I'd cop the Burton Package if you're gonna go that route but honestly (I Haven't really been checking prices in a while...) go a little cheaper on the board and upgrade the boots/bindings.

 

Having your feet locked in for hours on end you may find that better fitting boots/bindings are worth it.

post #9 of 580
Thread Starter 
One more guys. What do you think about this board?

http://www.the-house.com/9858caolv13zz-capita-snowboards.html
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #10 of 580
Can't wait for big bear pimp.gif
post #11 of 580
Thread Starter 
Ok here is what I'm going to buy


Capita Outdoor Living 158

http://www.the-house.com/9858caolv13zz-capita-snowboards.html

K2 Auto Uprise Bindings

http://www.the-house.com/k21ur06bk11zz-k2-snowboard-bindings.html

Burton Invader Boots 2013


http://www.the-house.com/bt2in08bw12zz-burton-snowboard-boots.html



What do you guys think?
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #12 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by CertifiedFlyBoi23 View Post

Ok here is what I'm going to buy


Capita Outdoor Living 158

http://www.the-house.com/9858caolv13zz-capita-snowboards.html

K2 Auto Uprise Bindings

http://www.the-house.com/k21ur06bk11zz-k2-snowboard-bindings.html

Burton Invader Boots 2013


http://www.the-house.com/bt2in08bw12zz-burton-snowboard-boots.html



What do you guys think?

at 11.5 foot size you may need a wide board and i feel like certain bindings are bigger than others and hold bigger boots better (my burton boots are OD fat and im only a size 12 mean.gif ). you are the right track tho, everything you got is entry level price point. solid choices.
post #13 of 580

Yo, you'll thank me forever.

 

Buy only from dogfunk.com

 

Full life time warranty, legit. Return whenever you want. Also great prices and deals

post #14 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN123 View Post
 

Yo, you'll thank me forever.

 

Buy only from dogfunk.com

 

Full life time warranty, legit. Return whenever you want. Also great prices and deals

8o Thinking about copping this jacket off there...

 

post #15 of 580

Also as far as the items you are thinking of getting.

 

I don't think you should get a capita board.

 

Get UNION FORCE bindings. You will not regret it. These bindings are amazing. Best overall bindings I've ridden. Burton cartels are good too just make sure if you don't get a burton board that you get the bindings not made for burton boards.

 

Boots I suggest you find a store or somewhere because that'll be the most essential thing for you to get. If your boots aren't comfortable and fit you well, you can have a 20k board set up and you'll still hate the mountains and leave in an hour to sit inside and drink hot chocolate.

post #16 of 580
Thread Starter 
What board would you recommend?
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #17 of 580

CFB where you located?

post #18 of 580

If i were you, i would rent different sizes (say 156-160) a few times before buying to see what feels best when riding. And i agree, the bindings and boots are more important than the board itself. 

post #19 of 580
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11 View Post

CFB where you located?


Glendale, AZ
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #20 of 580

Gonna hit up Flagstaff this winter then huh?

post #21 of 580
Thread Starter 
Yup. Snowbowl is the destination. You been?
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #22 of 580

Look I don't know how you ride or how you like to ride so it would be hard for me to recommend you a board. I mean don't get me wrong capita is a great board company actually thinking of pulling a trigger on a new 1 this season, but i don't know if its for you yet. Don't get a burton board.

 

Board companies that are good imo; My favorite is Lib tech, dc, ride, arbor, capita gnu all great boards. But again I ride park a lot as well. Lib tech is one of the best companies I've ridden. Hands down.

 

However I will say don't save money on boots or bindings. Save money on a board, get last years or 2 years ago if you want, just don't on bindings and boots. You should get union force bindings, those are amazing.

 

As for boots top 3 companies hands down are burton, dc and nike. Nike actually stepped up in the snowboarding game and make a great product. I have dc boots, you might want to look into BOA system. I was totally against it, but I got me a pair and its amazing. Literally 2 seconds in and out of the boot.

 

But again take my advice, go to dogfunk.com, try their live chat its 24/7 explain to them and they wont steer you wrong. That site has incredible customer service.

 

And that return policy is unbeatable. I ride a new board every season just because I return my old ones. I just returned 3 year old crowbar googles that were cracked and they sent me a new pair. I love it

post #23 of 580

No I have family in AZ and I've gone up to Flagstaff but it was in the summer... Did some fishing.

 

I have fallen off a bit with my riding but I'm in upstate NY so I usually ride in VT... Killington/Stratton area's.  I was gonna go one time last year but we got to Gore (NY) and there was literally a line of vehicles stretching 2-3 miles down the access road.... :| All parking was filled and dudes were just saying park on the road.  Busiest ive ever seen a hill so we turned around and went home. :lol

post #24 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN123 View Post

Look I don't know how you ride or how you like to ride so it would be hard for me to recommend you a board. I mean don't get me wrong capita is a great board company actually thinking of pulling a trigger on a new 1 this season, but i don't know if its for you yet. Don't get a burton board.

Board companies that are good imo; My favorite is Lib tech, dc, ride, arbor, capita gnu all great boards. But again I ride park a lot as well. Lib tech is one of the best companies I've ridden. Hands down.

However I will say don't save money on boots or bindings. Save money on a board, get last years or 2 years ago if you want, just don't on bindings and boots. You should get union force bindings, those are amazing.

As for boots top 3 companies hands down are burton, dc and nike. Nike actually stepped up in the snowboarding game and make a great product. I have dc boots, you might want to look into BOA system. I was totally against it, but I got me a pair and its amazing. Literally 2 seconds in and out of the boot.

But again take my advice, go to dogfunk.com, try their live chat its 24/7 explain to them and they wont steer you wrong. That site has incredible customer service.

And that return policy is unbeatable. I ride a new board every season just because I return my old ones. I just returned 3 year old crowbar googles that were cracked and they sent me a new pair. I love it


lib tech is my next board. but as a beginner, its OD $$. no point is speinding 700-1k for a board when u just starting off right?
post #25 of 580

Salomon boots are the best.  Lib Tech and DC and Rome boards are dope.  Invest in quality.  You get what you pay for.  

post #26 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreggie101 View Post

lib tech is my next board. but as a beginner, its OD $$. no point is speinding 700-1k for a board when u just starting off right?

Agreed. As a beginner, the brand and performance may not matter until you're actually good enough to tell the difference. ESPECIALLY, if you haven't learned to carve yet. I wouldn't drop any more than $500 for board & bindings. You can get last seasons gear for fairly cheap in all kinds of brands. so you can actually save money that way and get some of the good stuff from last year.

For someone your size and weight, that seems like an okay length. As stated, you could go shorter for more control. I'm 5.7" and about 175 and I ride a 155 Burton Bullet with Mission bindings.

One thing I would definitely NOT cheap out on, are boots. Boots make so much more difference. Nike, Burton and K2 make some pretty good ones. If you're too lazy to tie em up, K2 has Boa lacing systems.
TEAM AM FAM
Reply
TEAM AM FAM
Reply
post #27 of 580

Sreggie, never ever drop 7-1000 on a board unless you're trying to go pro and even then I wouldn't do it lol. That is just for the cool cats on the slopes who say look I have the newest and most expensive gear. 

 

Again like I said in that post you can get last years or 2 years ago and it'll be great. Especially now that '14 have dropped, last years models are like 200-250. 

 

But then again I don't know where you guys are riding, cause if you're a beginner you are mostly riding the slopes and not jibs and rails so you're not likely to break or crack boards in either case and it'll last you longer till you start to experiment with other stuff. 

 

Also makes a difference if you're riding fresh powder or man made snow which is hard as rocks. Some boards hold up better than others in those conditions. If you ride fresh pow then any board would be fine

post #28 of 580
Thread Starter 
Ok thx for the help guys.


Here's what i'm gonna buy.

156 Forum Destroyer Doubledog Wide

K2 BOA boots

Union Force bindings.


I'm gonna be in man made snow.


Hopefully this forum board is nice. I like the pic on it
Edited by CertifiedFlyBoi23 - 11/14/13 at 2:31pm
@RazorRamon_
Reply
@RazorRamon_
Reply
post #29 of 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN123 View Post
 

Sreggie, never ever drop 7-1000 on a board unless you're trying to go pro and even then I wouldn't do it lol. That is just for the cool cats on the slopes who say look I have the newest and most expensive gear. 

 

Again like I said in that post you can get last years or 2 years ago and it'll be great. Especially now that '14 have dropped, last years models are like 200-250. 

 

But then again I don't know where you guys are riding, cause if you're a beginner you are mostly riding the slopes and not jibs and rails so you're not likely to break or crack boards in either case and it'll last you longer till you start to experiment with other stuff. 

 

Also makes a difference if you're riding fresh powder or man made snow which is hard as rocks. Some boards hold up better than others in those conditions. If you ride fresh pow then any board would be fine

 

Man, just thinking about riding fresh pow is getting me excited to boarding season. 

post #30 of 580
@CertifiedFlyBoi23...Before you cop, you might want to see if you can try on those boots in store. Usually with snowboard boots you want them to be snug to start since they'll pack out during the season. It could be different for some people, but I normally wear a 11/11.5 in sneakers, but sized down to a 10.5/11 in boots

Shameless plug but check out this new streetwear brand for snowboarders & skiers- Powder High Apparel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Snowboarders Please Enter..