NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Huge Bellator Card: SAT 6/24 on Spike/PPV @5PM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Huge Bellator Card: SAT 6/24 on Spike/PPV @5PM - Page 172

post #5131 of 40970

I didn't know Couture was juicing. Always thought he was clean. I remember how he would always talk about not having to do TRT cause he eats foods that naturally help increase it.

post #5132 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post
 

I didn't know Couture was juicing. Always thought he was clean. I remember how he would always talk about not having to do TRT cause he eats foods that naturally help increase it.


i'm pretty sure couture started on that **** back in 07 before the gonzaga fight.

post #5133 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

The Silva/Diaz card needs even another marquee fight, this aint the same Diaz/Silva we used to know


 



Styles make matchups. I think they'd make an exciting matchup where they're exchanging strikes. Neither wants to go to the ground despite being BJJ black belts.

With the announcement of 40+ events next year, they're going to have diluted fight cards. It's not like a few years ago.
post #5134 of 40970

Conor has talked himself into one of the biggest stars of the UFC. Took a page out of Chael's book, no doubt, but he's good at talking and he's backing it up. Calling first round knock outs and then actually carrying through is a big deal at Featherweight.

 

I don't understand how winner of Cub/Frankie doesn't get the title shot. If Frankie wins, I guess I wouldn't want to see Frankie/Aldo fight it out on points again but I wouldn't mind seeing Jose/Cub. Either way, I will tune into any McGregor fight because he's made himself relevant and interesting.  

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5135 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post
 

 

It sucks to say it but the best thing that could happen for the HW division would be for Cain to be out longer than expected with his injury, missing Dana's March deadline and stripped of the belt. Then you'll have a lot of guys that would actually be contenders for the belt and have a chance at winning. But as long as Cain is champ and healthy, no one really has a chance.

Agreed, I also don't want to see another freakin Dos Santos/Cain fight. The second fight was probably the worst beating I've seen since Fedor/Coleman. The third fight is up there too. 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5136 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

Conor has talked himself into one of the biggest stars of the UFC. Took a page out of Chael's book, no doubt, but he's good at talking and he's backing it up. Calling first round knock outs and then actually carrying through is a big deal at Featherweight.

I don't understand how winner of Cub/Frankie doesn't get the title shot. If Frankie wins, I guess I wouldn't want to see Frankie/Aldo fight it out on points again but I wouldn't mind seeing Jose/Cub. Either way, I will tune into any McGregor fight because he's made himself relevant and interesting.  
I actually think a Frankie rematch with Aldo would be more competitive and entertaining than a Cub rematch. I get Swanson and Aldo 2 is more likely to end in a finish either way, but I don't mind the 5 rounds and ultimate decision as long as Edgar adapts from the first fight and pushes Aldo's cardio deep.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #5137 of 40970
Frankie won the last 2 rounds of their 1st fight if I remember correctly.

But Aldo was pretty decisive in the first few. And I would say was more dominant in those 2 than Frankie was in the last 2.

Seems to be the case with Aldo. Dominates the first few. Potentially loses steam in the last few. And people seem to attribute this to his weight cuts. Which is why I'd like him at 155 already.

Frankie/Aldo will be a great watch either way. Both phenomenally technical strikers. In different ways.

I just want to see Aldo face new challenges.

As for this weekend.....

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/cub-swanson-and-frankie-edgar-marvelous-madness-vs-clinical-method

I cannot think of a fighter who better encapsulates the notion of heart and will to win than Frankie Edgar. He's been on the **** end of some terrific beatings, only to grit his teeth and pour it on later in the fight. The guy is a sponge for punishment and after two rounds of soaking it up he'll drown you with the dirty water.

Swanson, meanwhile, is the epitome of martial arts creativity. The beauty of martial arts—for me at least—is in the Eureka moments. The invention of unseen combinations, feints and set ups, not in simply becoming a one-size-fits-all fighter in the cookie cutter mold of so many others. Whoever is keeping Swanson on point strategically but allowing him to work however the hell he wants technically is doing great things for not only Swanson, but the viewing public.
post #5138 of 40970
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderjericho View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

The Silva/Diaz card needs even another marquee fight, this aint the same Diaz/Silva we used to know

 



Styles make matchups. I think they'd make an exciting matchup where they're exchanging strikes. Neither wants to go to the ground despite being BJJ black belts.

With the announcement of 40+ events next year, they're going to have diluted fight cards. It's not like a few years ago.

They are really pushing the volume of cards but the league and talent cannot sustain it. Not to mention injuries..

post #5139 of 40970
Do you guys watch the current season of tuf? Personally I hate it the girl fights aren't for me but my bro is a sad person n loves this show n follows these girls on social media n "talks to them and there friends online" it's sad to me lol
post #5140 of 40970
So jones and silva were sparring together... I would pay good money to see that
post #5141 of 40970
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicolkickhead View Post

So jones and silva were sparring together... I would pay good money to see that

tbh it didn't seem like they was sparring for real, more like a casual session. They didn't wear head gear

 

I'm so ready for Saturday.. Frankie is staying classy even though Dana has never mentioned any possible title shot for him with a win.. and he acknowledged that the Featherweights are starting to follow Conor's lead by talking.. Frankie says he'll just let his fighting to do the talking.

 

Bobby Green and Barboza.. Man I hope Green doesn't just grind him out for 15 minutes. Otherwise that's a nice fight 

post #5142 of 40970
I just don't see how Anderson would be able to hang with JBJ. Jon's wrestling, reach advantage, weight advantage and dynamic striking make him a tough challenge for most.

I think Gustafson became JBJ's biggest challenge because Jon had a lackadaisical attitude leading up to the fight and Gustafon neutralized Jon's wrestling and pressured him with his striking. No one had ever "brought" it to Jon like that before.

I like Frankie Edgar. He just seems to have a lot of close fights that end up going to the judges (Aldo, Henderson, Penn, etc).
Edited by spiderjericho - 11/20/14 at 2:38am
post #5143 of 40970
It would still be fun to watch just to see two of the greatest going at it
post #5144 of 40970
I'm enjoying watching this season of TUF, the fights have been ok and its a way great to build up the division. its pretty mess up how heather is hated by half her teammates. I think they should scrap the team concept and go in a different direction for the show.
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #5145 of 40970
Really looking forward to Edgar/Swanson this weekend. Like illphillip said above, Frankie had those last two rounds against Aldo, wouldn't hate seeing that happen again, but the guy is keeping his mouth shut and just looking to take care of business. Gotta appreciate that.

Hope my girl Paige gets a W on the undercard, too. laugh.gif

UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #5146 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by justscrap View Post

I'm enjoying watching this season of TUF, the fights have been ok and its a way great to build up the division. its pretty mess up how heather is hated by half her teammates. I think they should scrap the team concept and go in a different direction for the show.

I've posted many times about hating tuf but actually started to watch this season because my brother was watching it. This season isn't too bad. My main reason is to see the female fighters' toned bodies, word to the fit girl thread. The meathead aspect of the shoe has been replaced by the stupid cattiness though. These women find ways to fight over anything. The worst is that c-word angela magana. Wish she got frontkicked to her face 10 times in her fight.
post #5147 of 40970
Edgar decision. Green sub (RNC). Pickett decision. Oliynyk sub. Benavidez sub (guillotine). Wiman decision. Magomedov TKO.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #5148 of 40970
Thread Starter 

******* hyped for the fights tomorrow

 

Apparently Brock coming back is a real possibility, reports are he's healthy and in great shape. I think he'd get destroyed by most of the top contenders but I'd welcome him back for sure. Cool guy.

 

Pettis Melendez only a few weeks away. I can't believe it's finally here. On that same card we get Lawler Hendricks, Browne's return and Faber on the undercard again

 

UFC cards on paper will start to pick up big time starting tomorrow.. injuries better stay the hell away

post #5149 of 40970
Soooooo cloooooooose.

181 is stacked and it's followed by freebies for the rest of the month with some great fights. Diaz/Dos Anjos. Machida/Dollaway. Stephens/Oliviera.

And this one. HA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Don't leave out the free "Cigano" card on December 13th!

Good ****.
post #5150 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

******* hyped for the fights tomorrow

Apparently Brock coming back is a real possibility, reports are he's healthy and in great shape. I think he'd get destroyed by most of the top contenders but I'd welcome him back for sure. Cool guy.

Pettis Melendez only a few weeks away. I can't believe it's finally here. On that same card we get Lawler Hendricks, Browne's return and Faber on the undercard again

UFC cards on paper will start to pick up big time starting tomorrow.. injuries better stay the hell away
Don't leave out the free "Cigano" card on December 13th!
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #5151 of 40970

I wouldn't say that Brock is in great shape. Based on pics I've seen of him in WWE, he looks like he gained some weight and is closer to 300 lbs than the 265 lb heavyweight limit. Plus there was a bunch of rumors going around recently about him talking about how he looked gassed 5 mins into a match and was turning purplish. But wherever pays him the most money is where Brock is gonna end up. If Bellator outbid UFC and WWE he'd go there and fight the cans they have in the heavyweight division. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Don't leave out the free "Cigano" card on December 13th!

Forgot all about the Cigano card but it looks good barring any injuries. You have Cigano/Stipe, Diaz/Dos Anjos, Reem/Struve, and Gonzaga/Mitrione.

 

I didn't know that Todd Duffee was back in UFC. Last thing I remember was him getting fired then Dana ripping into him ripping into him through the media.

post #5152 of 40970
I've watched Brock's rare WWE appearances lately (Word to NTWT) and he looks to be in legit great shape. He rag dolled John Cena around a few months back with relative ease for 30+ minutes. And this was "rag-dolling" in its realest form. He suplexed him 15+ times, fake or not, that takes some serious energy. laugh.gif
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #5153 of 40970
I just feel like he'll always have that stigma of not wanting to get hit. His last two losses, albeit against Cain who is a beast and a horse meat ingesting Overeem, were quick.

If they throw him in there with cans he'll be alright...maybe. Against a Brown, Silva, Hunt, etc, I don't know.

Bellator wouldn't be a bad look.

But to be honest, the WWE gig seems like a better idea. He hardly appears. It's rough on the body but not in the same way Cain beating on Junior for 5 rounds was.
post #5154 of 40970

A lot of ppl think he's this stupid, backwoods, jock of a guy but a lot of people that know Lesnar said he's a really smart business guy. He's not gonna join UFC just to join, they're gonna have to pay him the most money. But all of this could be a ploy by Lesnar to get more money from WWE. Its the same thing that happened a few years ago. His contract was up and he started flirting with coming back to UFC and having meetings with Dana. Then WWE upped their offer and he re-signed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR View Post

I've watched Brock's rare WWE appearances lately (Word to NTWT) and he looks to be in legit great shape. He rag dolled John Cena around a few months back with relative ease for 30+ minutes. And this was "rag-dolling" in its realest form. He suplexed him 15+ times, fake or not, that takes some serious energy. laugh.gif

 

You could be right. Just saying from a few current pics I saw of him, he looked bigger than before. And I remembered seeing a lot of articles and comments on Twitter about him looking gassed, sweating profusely, and turning a purplish color 5 mins into his last match. I think a lot of people were even contacting WWE and Dana asking them to have Lesnar checked out cause he looked like some wrestler who was in the ring and had Brock's same color and sweating, and he died a day or 2 after. 

post #5155 of 40970
Thread Starter 

The female fight looks pretty tasty

 

 

post #5156 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

The female fight looks pretty tasty

Hopefully, it's not as gruesome as the last female fight. There won't be any lay and praying or grinding it out after a night like that with one of these broads.
post #5157 of 40970
Is the blonde the one that use to train at Team Alpha Male?
post #5158 of 40970
Thread Starter 

Yeah that's her...

 

These females are freakin tiny :evil

post #5159 of 40970
Would like to smell both of them while they were cutting weight.
post #5160 of 40970
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post

Is the blonde the one that use to train at Team Alpha Male?

yea, she training there but not for this fight because she had to rehab her back and didnt have time to get a camp in with them
Edited by justscrap - 11/21/14 at 8:29pm
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Huge Bellator Card: SAT 6/24 on Spike/PPV @5PM