NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Rousey Washed & Cody Garbrandt is Champ
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Rousey Washed & Cody Garbrandt is Champ - Page 1198

post #35911 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejrob View Post


Not true at all. Khabib just got a new UFC deal recently, and is collecting checks far bigger than his UFC checks from a dictator, Kadyrov.

If Khabib could get a fight in Russia? He'd probably pay Tony's purse and more to the UFC to make it happen. It wouldn't even be his money and he will be taken care of regardless. Imagine the "sponsorship" money he'd make for being the reason an event like that came to Russia.

Huh? Khabib took a fight with Johnson for less money than he was supposed to get, and it was a fight where he didn't have much to gain and a lot to lose

 

I have no idea who or what Kadyrov is but if he's getting money from him, sweet. He's offering Tony 200K just to fight the man. If that doesn't tell you he doesn't care about money then I don't know what to tell you. He has been literally begging to fight Tony and Conor... what more do you want from the man?

post #35912 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Huh? Khabib took a fight with Johnson for less money than he was supposed to get, and it was a fight where he didn't have much to gain and a lot to lose

I have no idea who or what Kadyrov is but if he's getting money from him, sweet. He's offering Tony 200K just to fight the man. If that doesn't tell you he doesn't care about money then I don't know what to tell you. He has been literally begging to fight Tony and Conor... what more do you want from the man?

He took a fight with Johnson for less than he was going to make if he got the title fight against Eddie like he had hoped. He still has a much better contract than Tony clearly, and that is because he renegotiated recently.

I'm not hating on Khabib at all. But you said it yourself, you don't know what I'm talking about...that doesn't make it not true. If someone is telling Khabib, hey offer to pay him 200K and I will pay it for you because I stand to gain far more than that if the fight happens, Khabib is not actually giving up any money. I'm not saying Khabib doesn't care more about fighting than money, I'm saying that this offer to ferguson doesn't exactly prove that as you said. It's just business, and if the other option is the fight not happening, $200K less in profits for the people behind Khabib is nothing.
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #35913 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejrob View Post


He took a fight with Johnson for less than he was going to make if he got the title fight against Eddie like he had hoped. He still has a much better contract than Tony clearly, and that is because he renegotiated recently.

I'm not hating on Khabib at all. But you said it yourself, you don't know what I'm talking about...that doesn't make it not true. If someone is telling Khabib, hey offer to pay him 200K and I will pay it for you because I stand to gain far more than that if the fight happens, Khabib is not actually giving up any money. I'm not saying Khabib doesn't care more about fighting than money, I'm saying that this offer to ferguson doesn't exactly prove that as you said. It's just business, and if the other option is the fight not happening, $200K less in profits for the people behind Khabib is nothing.

Not really sure what point you're making then. Regardless of who's giving up who's money, if you watch today's interview and tell me that Khabib's number one priority is to make the most money possible, we can just agree to disagree. You can hear it in his voice, see it in his body language, money is not the objective for him. He's been getting paid peanuts his entire UFC career

 

Plus, he could have easily taken the Aldo fight, which would have netted him just as good if not better pay day and he declined because he knows that Tony is the true fight to make. I'm not saying the 200K offer is the sole reason for anything. He simply wants to fight Tony because Tony is the best in the world outside of Conor, and money is clearly not a priority for him in relation to fighting Tony

post #35914 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaNiLLa View Post

a good camp is all ronda needs, maybe go to the blackzilians or duke rufus on petis' camp for the striking...
fyi she did beat zingano in 4 secs which amanda lost to by tko as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan14 View Post

does she really want to go through the grind? she'd have to fight her way back into the rankings? that's going to take another 2-3 fights just to get back into the picture. i just don't see it.
if anything, i think she needs to work on wrestling and shooting for takedowns.

if this was wwe, she'd would put her career on the line for another title shot laugh.gif

maia also had that problem before but has been able to win some with the help of rafael with his striking
hell, he even out punched anderson in the late rounds on their last fight
everyone now knows her weakness and tryin to expose it, so all she needs now is an improved stand up aka change camp
"I said, 'Babe, you know what calms me down the most: success. You can't meditate me out of my ideas! You can't sedate me. What calms me down is success.' " -- Kanye's West
Reply
"I said, 'Babe, you know what calms me down the most: success. You can't meditate me out of my ideas! You can't sedate me. What calms me down is success.' " -- Kanye's West
Reply
post #35915 of 36384
still think if holly wins.. she can do the rematch for the 145 belt.. only fight left for her atm
@bennyfonzarelli
Reply
@bennyfonzarelli
Reply
post #35916 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Not really sure what point you're making then. Regardless of who's giving up who's money, if you watch today's interview and tell me that Khabib's number one priority is to make the most money possible, we can just agree to disagree. You can hear it in his voice, see it in his body language, money is not the objective for him. He's been getting paid peanuts his entire UFC career

Plus, he could have easily taken the Aldo fight, which would have netted him just as good if not better pay day and he declined because he knows that Tony is the true fight to make. I'm not saying the 200K offer is the sole reason for anything. He simply wants to fight Tony because Tony is the best in the world outside of Conor, and money is clearly not a priority for him in relation to fighting Tony

I understand what you're saying, and my point wasn't to argue. It was just to let you know that if you're interested there is plenty of info out there that points to the fact that Khabib doesn't need to worry about money via the UFC. When I listen to Khabib, I also think the most important thing to him is proving he's the best fighter. However, I think it is fairly informative to know the entire situation, and the fact that he's in a very different financial situation than most UFC fighters so it's hard to compare.

Khabib didn't fight for 2 years due to injury and now has only fought twice. He's never headlined a card. If any other fighter was in that situation would they have 200K to be tossing around? Money may be lower on his priority list than many things, but when looking at his current decision, he simply doesn't have to weigh money the same as other UFC fighters because he could never fight again and is being well taken care of. That's my point.

I think a lot more UFC fighters also care about being the best far more than $, but unfortunately they literally need the money for their families and therefore are forced to prioritize it.
Edited by thejrob - 1/2/17 at 10:50pm
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
"Wide awake chasing my dreams..."
Team Roshe
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #35917 of 36384
Thread Starter 

I get that, but it's sort of besides the overall point that we both agree on. He wants to fight the best and he's frustrated that he hasn't been able to get either opponent in Tony or Conor

 

If he's getting backed/funded by an outside source, more power to him. I don't doubt that that could be true, because again, he's been making no money from the UFC, that's fact

 

If he can't get credit for offering up the 200K, then surely he deserves some credit for not accepting the Aldo fight. Which wouldn't be a bad consolation prize to us fans, but just for me I think Tony is the more difficult challenge. It's the fight we've been wanting for quite some time. Khabib stuck to his guns on this one pretty firmly and he's doing what he can to try and make it a reality

post #35918 of 36384
Thread Starter 

jrob is good people, appreciate the info for sure

 

I just want the fight to materialize. Wish we knew what Dana was offering Tony for the Khabib fight, it would definitely put things in perspective

post #35919 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

I'm one of the biggest honda haters you'll find, but those fools over in general thinking honda won't judo throw them on their head because they weigh more than her. I hope that one guy claiming he wants to go to an mma gym and challenge one of their females to a fight actually does it. Or just find a female krav maga instructor who'll be happy to beat him down.
Ask chael sonnen... he says judo is worthless in the octagon... comparatively. Never been a champ whise primary discipline was judo besides her.. he also think calling her even a great athlete was laughable

But he probably doesnt know much about the fight game either. Or maybe hes jus jack jawing for a shot at Honda...
post #35920 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriaNiLLa View Post

a good camp is all ronda needs, maybe go to the blackzilians or duke rufus on petis' camp for the striking...
fyi she did beat zingano in 4 secs which amanda lost to by tko as well

Yea pettis team has really taken him to the next level...
rhonda is washed. Period. She will never beat the lioness
post #35921 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Chael is an idiot most of the time and a shock jock with his analysis

Judo is worthless in regards to mma? I understand if you say it's overrated or something to that effect but there's been some exceptional fighters who use judo... fedor Lombard stun gun sexyama Hawn parisyan..
post #35922 of 36384
I was about to say, isn't Sambo an offshoot of Judo?

There's that Fedor guy who was pretty good.

Her being a judoka has nothing to do with what's happened, it's her lack of growth and adaptation as a fighter.

If she just switched camps and developed a stand up game, she may not still be as dominant but I doubt she gets embarrassed like she has been.
post #35923 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Can't forget khabib...

I don't see the point in attacking judo either.. whether it's in relation to mma or the real world...
post #35924 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Can't forget khabib...

Him too.

Arlovski, heck a lot of Russian/Eastern Euro fighters.
post #35925 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWSEEJAY View Post

Yea pettis team has really taken him to the next level...
rhonda is washed. Period. She will never beat the lioness
I mean, woodley credits duke for a lot in his title run. Duke was his first ever real head coach, woodley literally went without one until the gastelum fight

Not saying Ronda can become Champ again but you need to chill in some of your posts lol.. sounding off base as hell
post #35926 of 36384
Ronda ain't ever switching camps. The truth hurts her..Edmond was telling her everything she wanted to hear and not the actual truth. It's the reason she came in looking jacked she was probably told she was just out of shape..not that she needed to actually train things other than hitting boxing mitts. Prolly didn't eem spar
post #35927 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

I mean, woodley credits duke for a lot in his title run. Duke was his first ever real head coach, woodley literally went without one until the gastelum fight

Not saying Ronda can become Champ again but you need to chill in some of your posts lol.. sounding off base as hell
I got more hot takes but whats off base about telling you what Chael told the world... or saying pettis has been regressing for years or that Rhonda will never be the same... Rogan said that. So if im off base, and rogan, and chael... then you know something we dont?
post #35928 of 36384
edmond probably paid those pro boxers that she was supposedly knocking out in sparring to take falls to boost her confidence.
post #35929 of 36384
I remember seeing an interview with her when she got on the cover over the boxing magazine.. She said I don't even practice judo anymore it's nearly 100% boxing indifferent.gif told me all I needed to hear. Now she getting washed left and right
post #35930 of 36384
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWSEEJAY View Post

I got more hot takes but whats off base about telling you what Chael told the world... or saying pettis has been regressing for years or that Rhonda will never be the same... Rogan said that. So if im off base, and rogan, and chael... then you know something we dont?
I never said anything about Ronda or rogan

I don't care what idiot Chael has to say about judo. If you ask all the UFC fighters about judo I'd bet you more would tell you it's valuable than worthless. Just look at the list of fighters who implement it

Pettis has regressed but woodleys become champ

Sometimes fighters outgrow coaches and sometimes fighters are unlocked by coaches. Depends on circumstances and timing
post #35931 of 36384
Chael word is gospel now?

laugh.gif

I get that hindsight is 20/20, and everyone wants to COMPLETELY dismiss Ronda.

But my understanding is that if you compete in the Olympics, you're a great athlete in some capacity.

Ronda never evolved and the game passed her by.

Miesha is a solid fighter. Choked out Holly. Ronda knifed through her twice. Did the same to Cat in their fight.

COMPLETELY dismissing her and her accomplishments is OD to me. She just wasn't what the UFC's marketing machine made her out to be.

Same with Sage, Paige etc. so far.

But this wasn't a surprise to anyone who saw her fight. I've been saying this for years and through all of her fights. He striking was always ****.

It's just the "hot take" right now. But it's been like this for years.
post #35932 of 36384

pettis's struggles have little to do with duke or his camp

 

they have to do with him being too little for 155 and too big for 145 which resulted in bad cuts and bad performance

 

he thought he was gonna bully people at 145, nope

post #35933 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

Chael word is gospel now?

laugh.gif

I get that hindsight is 20/20, and everyone wants to COMPLETELY dismiss Ronda.

But my understanding is that if you compete in the Olympics, you're a great athlete in some capacity.

Ronda never evolved and the game passed her by.

Miesha is a solid fighter. Choked out Holly. Ronda knifed through her twice. Did the same to Cat in their fight.

COMPLETELY dismissing her and her accomplishments is OD to me. She just wasn't what the UFC's marketing machine made her out to be.

Same with Sage, Paige etc. so far.

But this wasn't a surprise to anyone who saw her fight. I've been saying this for years and through all of her fights. He striking was always ****.

It's just the "hot take" right now. But it's been like this for years.
All verdad

I just like to stir the pot

I do whole heartedly believe Rhousey was created in a boardrroom tho not on the training mats. Olympics or not
post #35934 of 36384
It was funny watching the ufc tonight show and I think all of them except maybe one person picked honda to win. It's like they thought Nunes' way superior striking wasn't going to be the biggest factor in the fght. They thought she could just avoid big punches and grab her and take her to the ground. They must've forgot Nunes is big and strong like holly and also has grappling skills.
post #35935 of 36384
The pedestal she was put on was absolutely manufactured.

But she performed. That's what I find crazy about the narrative today.

I understand the fallout, but she still performed. Judo comps, Olympics, Strikeforce, and in the UFC until recently.

You can't create ALL of that in a boardroom.
post #35936 of 36384

Cody was really impressive Saturday night by beating Dom but he would get washed by Aldo if they fought.

 

Edit: Frankie should move down to 135 lb. He probably would be the Champ

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
post #35937 of 36384
Frankie my guy, but he's good to eat at least one bomb per fight laugh.gif

Though he always survives it.

Dangerous proposition against Cody though. And Cody really turned out to be much slicker on his feet than I thought he was.

Cody and Aldo basically 2 weight classes apart right now.
post #35938 of 36384
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

Frankie my guy, but he's good to eat at least one bomb per fight laugh.gif

Though he always survives it.

Dangerous proposition against Cody though. And Cody really turned out to be much slicker on his feet than I thought he was.

Cody and Aldo basically 2 weight classes apart right now.

 

If Frankie can survive those 2 bombs from Maynard, the Jeremy Stephens head kick, and the Aldo front kick, he can survive from anything :lol.

 

Frankie has good movement but so did Dom and Cody lit up Dom a bit so it would be interesting to see how Frankie would fare.

 

Frankie would be bigger and has slick boxing and he would be able to take down Cody is why I think Frankie would win.

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
post #35939 of 36384
Would love to see that fight.

Cody should call for that to piss TJ off some more laugh.gif
post #35940 of 36384

TJ getting the Aldo treatment from Cody :lol

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Rousey Washed & Cody Garbrandt is Champ