NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Diamond vs Johnson SAT 9/17 @7PM on FS1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Diamond vs Johnson SAT 9/17 @7PM on FS1 - Page 294

post #8791 of 30784
Thread Starter 

Yup, definitely has the NFL conduct policy vibe to it

 

The only reason I could agree with the UFC taking Jones out of this fight is because he many not be dependable to make the fight itself if any legal trouble comes from this

 

Stripping him of the belt though is definitely a panic move and PR driven. If anything take him out of the fight but don't take his belt

post #8792 of 30784

Can't wait for the Jon Jones 30 for 30 special in ten years. I don't think the guy has the mental capacity to handle the spotlight reminds me of GSP and how he went paranoid. 

post #8793 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Yea, um, there's a big difference between being a "recreational" drug user and being charged w/ a felony.

It's also not a given that dude would wash Anthony Johnson.

Agreed on both counts.

Some have argued he didn't even beat Gus.
post #8794 of 30784
Thread Starter 

I think his point more so was that this DC v Rumble bout shouldn't be for the title. Because I agree, Jones isn't washing Rumble right now

 

To get the belt, either man should have to beat Jones. They'll be the fake champ until they get Jones

post #8795 of 30784
If it's true, well, I'm glad they didn't fully scratch the Main Even off. I wouldn't have been mad if Gus got his rematch neither.
post #8796 of 30784
He's suspended indefinitely, laugh.gif

They aren't going to have the 205 title in a state of limbo because some dunce can't control his behavior, even if that dunce just so happens to be the best fighter on the planet.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8797 of 30784
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

He's suspended indefinitely, laugh.gif

They aren't going to have the 205 title in a state of limbo because some dunce can't control his behavior, even if that dunce just so happens to be the best fighter on the planet.

What's so funny? They're the ones that suspended him indefinitely. If they got substantial clues that Jones is going to prison, then I'm all for stripping him of the title. Maybe they have information we don't

post #8798 of 30784
It's funny because people act like Jon is going to somehow beat this and stroll right back into the UFC in a month or 2.

He's gonna be gone for a while, IMO, even if he avoids jail.

Apparently this dude needs to take someone out before he gets a timeout in some of your eyes.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8799 of 30784
Dude got clipped for coke going into a title defense. Went to rehab.

And then this. With a title defense on the horizon.

No way in hell you can have the belt in this dudes hands right now.

There is no other option. It's not that deep. Jones will fight for it again once he hopefully gets his **** together.
post #8800 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Yea, um, there's a big difference between being a "recreational" drug user and being charged w/ a felony.

It's also not a given that dude would wash Anthony Johnson.


Yea just how it wasn't a given he would wash DC. laugh.gif


There's nobody in his class on his level, Gus the only one that even posed a threat.


If he's charged with a felony and is sentenced to jail time sure I understand stripping him but whoever wins between Johnson and DC ain't really the champ if he's still able to fight, that's BS.
post #8801 of 30784
And who thought Gus was going to pose a threat PRIOR to the fight?

I'm pretty sure it was no one.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8802 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by awwsome View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post

Yea, um, there's a big difference between being a "recreational" drug user and being charged w/ a felony.

It's also not a given that dude would wash Anthony Johnson.


There's nobody in his class on his level, Gus the only one that even posed a threat.

So the guy that lost to Phil Davis and Rumble and doesn't have a single win against a Top5-10 LHW "posed a threat" but no one else does.

OK laugh.gif
post #8803 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

So the guy that lost to Phil Davis and Rumble and doesn't have a single win against a Top5-10 LHW "posed a threat" but no one else does.

OK laugh.gif

Yea he was the only one who came anything resembling "close".

Yall talking about who he faced before like matchups don't make fights, he matched up well with Jones, Jones still won.

How did he do against every other #1 contender?
post #8804 of 30784
You sound ridiculous son.

So Gus came close. And as I said, some felt he won (I didn't, but it was suggested).

So it's not out of the question.

Which is why people fight. Who's to say Rumble couldn't have done the same?

Yet you're still on some hypothetical tangent claiming you "know no one could beat him".

Why don't you join us in the reality of the fact that he's been clipped twice for drugs heading into title fights and there really is no other alternative for the UFC right now.

And it would be idiotic to have the belt in limbo while he gets his **** together since he ****** up so quick after his last one.

And this is the only alternative.

All that other **** is irrelevant until dudes actually fight.
post #8805 of 30784
All I know is that it's comical to say Rumble doesn't pose a threat when he steamrolled someone that JBJ struggled to beat.

It's the UFC, everyone poses a damn threat.

It's like some of you started watching combat sports 6 hours ago or something.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8806 of 30784
You sound ridiculous using Gus other fights to make him seem lesser than he is.

That's also irrelevant to the fight against Jones.


If DC beats Johnson, that means that Jones woulda washed him because he beat Cormier right? laugh.gif

I'm not saying that they should leave the belt in limbo but if he isn't in jail and is able to fight, he should be the one defending his belt considering nobody has taken it from him.



UFC should be the last organization to shy from controversy when they're built on it.


Neither Johnson and especially DC deserve to be champion until they beat Jones.
post #8807 of 30784
I sound ridiculous using Gus' other fights to judge him as a fighter?

So what criteria are you using for the "I know they wouldn't beat him" argument?

Go to bed laugh.gif
post #8808 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

I sound ridiculous using Gus' other fights to judge him as a fighter?

Go to bed laugh.gif

Like I said, if DC beats Johnson then what does that say about Jones vs Johnson if it isn't about matchup?

Bottom line is, dude is still undefeated as champion, you arguing for a guy that still lost. laugh.gif
post #8809 of 30784
Once again, you're talking about "if" and I'm dealing in reality.

And who am I "arguing for" exactly? No one. Just pointing out how ridiculous your thought process is.

It's clearly past your bedtime.
post #8810 of 30784
DC/Rumble has nothing to do w/ Rumble/JBJ, laugh.gif

It's just silly to state that one dude doesn't stand a chance just because, well, you say so.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8811 of 30784
I think Gus gets beat by Rumble or Cormier 9 times out of 10, so in terms of interim title matchups, this is definitely the one to make. I'm kinda rooting for Rumble though because Cormier couldn't beat Jones when he had his chance.

As far as Jones, his decision making is ******* terrible. He basically subbed a DUI misdemeanor for a felony hit and run. He's ruining everything he built.
post #8812 of 30784
Still can't believe that Rumble used to fight @ 170, laugh.gif

Unreal.
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Reply
post #8813 of 30784

First Nike, now Reebok probably gonna be pullin the sponsorship.

 

Son gonna be showing up to his next fight in some Sketchers

mean.gif Sacramento Kings - San Diego Chargers mean.gif

Instagram - @N_Webster15

E92 ///M

Reply

mean.gif Sacramento Kings - San Diego Chargers mean.gif

Instagram - @N_Webster15

E92 ///M

Reply
post #8814 of 30784
Gotta love mma math

Whats the chance at 187 Vitor can fight for both belts? would the nsac let that happen? Both guys have to make weight and Weedman could get injured during the weigh ins
post #8815 of 30784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson999 View Post

First Nike, now Reebok probably gonna be pullin the sponsorship.

Son gonna be showing up to his next fight in some Sketchers

laugh.gif

This **** is wild though mean.gif
post #8816 of 30784

Dude is such a ****** idiot :{

 

sucks cause I wanted to see Rumble put him to sleep

Los Angeles Rams   |  New York Knicks   |   New York Rangers

Reply

Los Angeles Rams   |  New York Knicks   |   New York Rangers

Reply
post #8817 of 30784



Dog. sick.gif



Son going to the Tyson route.


His Christian boy act somehow looks even more stupid than it did which I didn't think could happen.
post #8818 of 30784
From looking at the fights and ETC and what they gotta go through....the behaviors and actions of Jon aren't really surprising

Gotta be a little crazy or have something inside of you to do this sport. Definitely fake morals going around with reebok and UFC
post #8819 of 30784
They want a dude to be a killing machine inside the octagon but a model citizen outside. laugh.gif

Some fighters can pull it off but it's not a coincedence the majority of them in MMA and Boxing are trainwrecks in their personal lives.
post #8820 of 30784
Can we really say the "majority of them are trainwrecks in their personal lives" though?

I know and train with a lot of fighters. Some pros.

I would say the "majority" are fairly well adjusted human beings. And no more trainwrecks than anyone else in any profession.

Don't let the spectacle of these high profile incidents speak for everyone who participates. For every Tyson who might be a "trainwreck", there's an Ali, Foreman, Frazier etc. that you probably would not put in that category.

For every Jones, an Aldo, DJ, Weidman, Cain.

It's less about the profession and more about the person. Which is exactly what I said when people were talking about the "pressure of being champ". It's not about the pressure. It's about the person.

And realistically, I'm not sure we can even use the term "trainwreck" for Jones.

The problem with him is he was OD portraying himself to be something he wasn't at all. And he never really needed to do all that.
Edited by illphillip - 4/29/15 at 9:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Diamond vs Johnson SAT 9/17 @7PM on FS1