NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Pettis v Holloway on SAT 12/10 @7 on PPV
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Pettis v Holloway on SAT 12/10 @7 on PPV - Page 147

post #4381 of 34258
RUTHLESS!
post #4382 of 34258
Hope he can finish. Hate to see him get jobbed again by judges who can't tell that a guy is slipping and parrying punches
WHIPPIN.WHITNEY
Reply
WHIPPIN.WHITNEY
Reply
post #4383 of 34258
I don't think Weidman vs Belfort will ever happen.
post #4384 of 34258
@illphillip Are u in LA now, or flying in on Sunday?
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
post #4385 of 34258
Apparently Jon Jones lost his Nike sponsorship due to the brawl with DC.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
Reply

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
Reply
post #4386 of 34258
Jones fined $50,000 , 40 hours of community service for the brawl. He also said he lost his Nike sponsorship and another 6 figure sponsorship due to the altercation.

Cormier fined $9,000 , 20 hours of community service.

Wanderlei Silva receives a lifetime ban and $70,000 fine for running from the drug test.
post #4387 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino905 View Post

Jones fined $50,000 , 40 hours of community service for the brawl. He also said he lost his Nike sponsorship and another 6 figure sponsorship due to the altercation.

Cormier fined $9,000 , 20 hours of community service.

Wanderlei Silva receives a lifetime ban and $70,000 fine for running from the drug test.

 

Jones really got hammered cause of that brawl. The part that sucks for him and DC is that the community service has to be completed before their fight. That's gonna take away from training.

 

I really don't think that Jones lost his Nike sponsorship because of the brawl. The brawl might have been the final straw for them but I personally think it has more to do with UFC's business dealings when it comes to sponsors. Jones and Silva weren't allowed to have any Nike logos visible during their fights cause Nike wouldn't pay that $50k-100K sponsor tax, so why would Nike continue to give out money and not get any publicity. Plus the talk of fighter uniforms being done by UA or Reebok really doesn't help. 

 

The lifetime ban could work out in Wandy's favor. Even though he "retired", I'm sure he's hoping with the ban, UFC will release him from his contract. Then he can go fight in Japan and maybe even Brazil.


Edited by PhillyzPhan - 9/23/14 at 12:28pm
post #4388 of 34258
Did wand ever give a reason why he ran from the commission guys and the drug test? Seems like he has ranted about everything else except that.
post #4389 of 34258

Wandy gave a lot of reasons for ditching the drug test. He said the guy from the commission showed up at his gym but didn't identify himself. Then they gave him a bunch of papers to sign, but the papers were in English. But since he can't read English very well he would need a lawyer there. And he couldn't stay because there was a fight happening later that day, I think Barao, and he had to be there and had a really busy schedule.

post #4390 of 34258
Crazy that Jones has to do his community service in Vegas while DC can do his at home in Cali.

Round 1 for DC.
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #4391 of 34258
That level of punishment is waaaaaay OD.
post #4392 of 34258

Didn't see it mentioned in here, but WSOF is really trying to change things up. Today they announced that they plan to start holding ppvs in mid-2015 and will institute fighter revenue sharing from ppv income. So fighters participating at a ppv will share 50% of net revenue from the event. I'm assuming this will be in addition to the fighter's salaries and money from sponsors.

post #4393 of 34258
Nate Diaz v. Rafael Dos Anjos booked for that Phoenix card in November

Both Diaz bros back in the UFC smokin.gif
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #4394 of 34258
Interesting tactic from WSOF. It will appeal to fighters but I don't see it as world changing. 50% net revenue of what? 150K PPV buys max? Will be a nice check, but they are still a business, this is all figured into their bottom line somewhere.
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #4395 of 34258

i remember reading something about wand knowingly having some masking agent in his body but actually using it for a "legitimate" reason

 

cant remember where i read it, but who knows, doubtful

post #4396 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector View Post
 

i remember reading something about wand knowingly having some masking agent in his body but actually using it for a "legitimate" reason

 

cant remember where i read it, but who knows, doubtful

 

Yeah I remember reading something about that. I think he said he hurt his hand or something while coaching TUF Brazil. So he started taking a diuretic to help with inflammation.

post #4397 of 34258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR View Post

Nate Diaz v. Rafael Dos Anjos booked for that Phoenix card in November

Both Diaz bros back in the UFC smokin.gif


Dog, I can't believe it's been almost a year since Nate fought :{

 

Dude didn't even get a new deal :lol

 

Quote:
A source close to the Diaz camp confirmed to MMAFighting.com that Diaz will return under the terms of his old contract.

Regardless.. Welcome back Nate :hat  maybe next time you negotiate you will let a professional handle it and not let Dana bend you over

post #4398 of 34258
Jessica penn With the win again over Lisa Eliss not bloody enough like the first
post #4399 of 34258
That fight was bad. Would rather just see rose's cheeks in those panties again. Can't believe i'm actually watching this season but I like seeing these fit women on tv.
post #4400 of 34258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

That fight was bad. Would rather just see rose's cheeks in those panties again.


Info? Pics?

 

Cub v Frankie in 2 months :hat

Barboza v Bobby Green in 2 months :hat

post #4401 of 34258
We can finally put the win streak argument to bed laugh.gif

Also hespeck to Green for taking that fight, all things considered.
post #4402 of 34258
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedroc View Post

We can finally put the win streak argument to bed laugh.gif

Also hespeck to Green for taking that fight, all things considered.


The win streak argument was put to bed a while ago when the rankings were updated and Cub was ranked higher than Frankie

 

That doesn't mean Cub is the clear favorite in this match, actually in a 5 round fight the favorite should for sure be Frankie by decision (IMO)

post #4403 of 34258
What's funny about that is that after Cub beat Stephens, he moved up in the rankings and was ranked below Frankie.

Which we discussed.

And then somehow he wound up moving up and being ranked above Frankie months later without even fighting again laugh.gif

I think at the time, they moved him up to set up for Aldo.

Now I believe they really want Conor in there. I think Conor already said he's going to be cageside for the Aldo/Mendes fight.
post #4404 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

That fight was bad. Would rather just see rose's cheeks in those panties again.


Info? Pics?

Cub v Frankie in 2 months pimp.gif
Barboza v Bobby Green in 2 months pimp.gif

Didn't know these were on the same Fight Night card smokin.gif

Just a few more days til' 178!
post #4405 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

What's funny about that is that after Cub beat Stephens, he moved up in the rankings and was ranked below Frankie.

Which we discussed.

And then somehow he wound up moving up and being ranked above Frankie months later without even fighting again laugh.gif

I think at the time, they moved him up to set up for Aldo.

Now I believe they really want Conor in there. I think Conor already said he's going to be cageside for the Aldo/Mendes fight.

Cub vs Frankie looks like a number 1 contenders fight so i think Conor will have to wait regardless of his result.

I can't see him jumping in front of either guy as they are both exciting and well loved.

Conor's the guy that's gotta be on standby incase somebody gets injured on the run in to a title fight. They would love to give it to him in that scenario.
post #4406 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by illphillip View Post

Didn't know these were on the same Fight Night card smokin.gif

Just a few more days til' 178!

Bruh i can't believe Dom Cruz is just two days out!
post #4407 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedroc View Post


Cub vs Frankie looks like a number 1 contenders fight so i think Conor will have to wait regardless of his result.

I can't see him jumping in front of either guy as they are both exciting and well loved.

Conor's the guy that's gotta be on standby incase somebody gets injured on the run in to a title fight. They would love to give it to him in that scenario.

 

Idk why but I have a feeling Conor would get a shot over Frankie if he wins. I can see them claiming that Frankie just fought for the belt and lost. Plus a Conor vs Aldo/Mendes championship fight would probably be held at a soccer stadium in Ireland and make them a lot of money.

 

But all of that is based on Conor getting past Diamond. Which I think he's gonna have a hard time doing. Maybe its me being a cynic but all of the rumors coming out today about Conor possibly fighting with a broken hand feels like they're trying to protect his ranking and image just in case he loses. 

post #4408 of 34258
I saw Conor's hand wrapped in a video.

Where are those rumors coming from?

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I'm sure what happens in the 3 respective fights (Cub/Edgar, Aldo/Mendes + Diamond/McGregor) will play a role.

But if Conor wins this weekend, I could see them rush announcing him against Aldo/Mendes winner before the Cub/Edgar fight even happens.

Y'all know how Dana roll....
post #4409 of 34258
Thread Starter 

Damn, I don't want any excuses for Conor if he loses

post #4410 of 34258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Damn, I don't want any excuses for Conor if he loses

 

Yeah, especially after all that smack talking he did. I don't care who wins either way but I would love to see Aldo smash him if they fought.

 

He is entertaining as hell though he makes me :rollin during his interviews and press conferences

Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
Oklahoma City Thunder/ Real Madrid/ Baltimore Ravens/ Jose Aldo Jr.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC: Pettis v Holloway on SAT 12/10 @7 on PPV