NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1 - Page 140

post #4171 of 34167
Thread Starter 

Good to see TJ get the finish. Being the champ, even though you didn't prepare for Soto, it's still probably good to get a finish rather than decision.

 

Dominated the entire fight.

 

Barao better not get the next title shot. Give it to either Assucao or Cruz with a victory in their next fights.

 

Bantamweight division is :x

post #4172 of 34167
dat headkick pimp.gif

id like to see cruz get a shot
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!”
― Genghis Khan

“A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.”
― Jebediah Springfield
Reply
post #4173 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

Good to see TJ get the finish. Being the champ, even though you didn't prepare for Soto, it's still probably good to get a finish rather than decision.

 

Dominated the entire fight.

 

Barao better not get the next title shot. Give it to either Assucao or Cruz with a victory in their next fights.

 

Bantamweight division is :x

 

I don't see Barao getting a title shot next. If Cruz wins he should be next. But if he loses, I say they do Dillashaw vs Faber. Forget all the training partner crap. Ludwig can train Dillashaw like he's doing now and Kampmann can train Faber like he's doing now.

post #4174 of 34167
Thread Starter 

What about Assuncao if he wins his next fight? He's already beaten TJ, I think that's an option.

 

I guess it's already been said that Barao will not get the next title shot, thank God.

 

Apparently TJ might leave Alpha Male? To train with Bang, and then Faber can fight him.

 

If Cruz wins that would definitely help the division, I hope he shows he's still a viable contender.

 

You have Assuncao, Faber, Barao, McDonald and Cruz. Assuncao not really marketable/intriguing. Faber getting pretty old. Barao just bizarre, perhaps cutting too much weight. Cruz still a lot to prove coming off hiatus/injuries.

post #4175 of 34167

For some reason I see Assuncao vs Barao next if he gets past Caraway.

post #4176 of 34167
Thread Starter 

If Cruz looks good to go I would love that fight. I just have my doubts about that unfortunately.

 

Just read that Yancy Medeiros started fighting at light heavyweight, now he's all the way down to lightweight :lol 

post #4177 of 34167
VERY happy for Dillashaw to get the finish in that situation.


Signed on to a new job on Friday and said screw it and grabbed two tix for the Foxwoods show next week for me and my cousin.

War Lauzon pimp.gif
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #4178 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money 87 View Post

he's complaining that he "controlled" him on the ground, yet did no damage, didn't attempt to pass, didn't attempt sub until last seconds. this is the ultimate FIGHTING championship

"If this was prison."

Dude deserved to lose with the lay and pray game plan.
post #4179 of 34167
I can't believe ppl on the streets and
Social media cling Christy Mack's injury fabricated wtf is wrong w ppl
post #4180 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

What about Assuncao if he wins his next fight? He's already beaten TJ, I think that's an option.

I guess it's already been said that Barao will not get the next title shot, thank God.

Apparently TJ might leave Alpha Male? To train with Bang, and then Faber can fight him.

If Cruz wins that would definitely help the division, I hope he shows he's still a viable contender.

You have Assuncao, Faber, Barao, McDonald and Cruz. Assuncao not really marketable/intriguing. Faber getting pretty old. Barao just bizarre, perhaps cutting too much weight. Cruz still a lot to prove coming off hiatus/injuries.
Questionable decision victory for Assuncao. I scored the fight 29-28 for Dillashaw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

If Cruz looks good to go I would love that fight. I just have my doubts about that unfortunately.

Just read that Yancy Medeiros started fighting at light heavyweight, now he's all the way down to lightweight laugh.gif  
Rumble cut.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousLAR View Post

VERY happy for Dillashaw to get the finish in that situation.


Signed on to a new job on Friday and said screw it and grabbed two tix for the Foxwoods show next week for me and my cousin.

War Lauzon pimp.gif
Hmm, we discussed that. Could scoop a ticket and hop the bus from NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfiend23 View Post

I can't believe ppl on the streets and
Social media cling Christy Mack's injury fabricated wtf is wrong w ppl
I saw they're saying she embellished.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4181 of 34167
Edit: Notorious, forgot the card was Friday and not Saturday. Have fun, mate. Take pics for NT.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4182 of 34167

Gus really does not wanna fight Rumble at all. He's not impressed with Rumble and thinks that he needs a couple more wins cause he only beat Phil Davis and Lil Nog "who passed its [expiration] date a long time ago".

 

If UFC was to put Bader in front of him, he'd probably take that in a heartbeat. 

post #4183 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post

Gus really does not wanna fight Rumble at all. He's not impressed with Rumble and thinks that he needs a couple more wins cause he only beat Phil Davis and Lil Nog "who passed its [expiration] date a long time ago".

If UFC was to put Bader in front of him, he'd probably take that in a heartbeat. 
Can't say I blame Gus. We've beat home the point he deserves a rematch more than DC receiving his first 205 title shot. Let's look at Rumble's strengths, great wrestler even with Gus' improved takedown D exhibited in the first Bones fight. Hits like a ton of bricks, after Alex Gus just faced a heavy-hitter in Poster Boy. Rumble hits harder and cleaner. A lot to lose, little to gain.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4184 of 34167
Quote:
Steve Austin took a road trip to Nevada to sit down with former WWF wrestler and UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock! This is part 1 of their conversation, and it's heavy! All about Ken's childhood living on the streets and in group homes before eventually being adopted by Bob Shamrock! He's open, honest, and candid about what he's been through & where he is now. But don't worry - things lighten up when talk to turns to hobbies and current projects!

It's part 2 of Steve's conversation with former pro-wrestler & UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock... and this time it's about wrestling, fighting, his feud with Dana White, Tito Ortiz, the Gracies, and a few stories about the WWF lockerroom!

Let me drop this off to yall. DAMN good interviews

http://podcastone.com/Steve-Austin-Show-Clean
post #4185 of 34167
This Friday is gunna be interesting I wonder who gets better rating with fight night 50 vs bellator 125, this past card was god awful I'm shocked Dana didn't just make it free or a reduced prce since we all know he's big at calling things not right out
post #4186 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfiend23 View Post

This Friday is gunna be interesting I wonder who gets better rating with fight night 50 vs bellator 125, this past card was god awful I'm shocked Dana didn't just make it free or a reduced prce since we all know he's big at calling things not right out
Yamauchi is tapping Stapleton. Guarantee it.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4187 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Edit: Notorious, forgot the card was Friday and not Saturday. Have fun, mate. Take pics for NT.

Will do, brotha.
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #4188 of 34167
Thread Starter 

Hope Cyborg can make the weight cut with no complications and get that 135 belt so Ronda and Dana can stop with their excuses. Dana is all about making fights that the fans want to see but he's protecting his golden goose and it's blatant. Tired of reading names like Gina, that's a ******* crock **** of a fight. Ronda v Cyborg after Ronda fights Zigano (after she gets past Nunes). No excuses.

 

It’s no secret that Cristiane “Cyborg” Justino wants to get her hands on Ronda Rousey.

While Shannon Knapp can’t predict what the future holds for “Cyborg,” especially in regards to a potential UFC deal, the Invicta Fighting Championships president is confident that Justino, the promotion’s reigning 145-pound champion, will be able to make the bantamweight limit.

Earlier this summer, Knapp revealed that “Cyborg” is expected to make her 135-pound debut at Invicta FC 10 in December. Nothing seems to have changed in that regard.

“Everything seems to be on schedule,” Knapp told Sherdog.com. “She is pumped up and ready; she is making her way. She wants that fight with Ronda. She is putting in the hard work, the time and the effort to get that fight. I think she’s very focused on getting to where she needs to be and where she needs to go to have that matchup.”

post #4189 of 34167
^
I don't understand why cyborg won't get a little leaner and lose some muscle if making weight is a big concern for her. Happened a lot before with other fighters. They were bulky and struggled to make weight but didn't want to lose any size.
post #4190 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

^
I don't understand why cyborg won't get a little leaner and lose some muscle if making weight is a big concern for her. Happened a lot before with other fighters. They were bulky and struggled to make weight but didn't want to lose any size.

i still think barao should get the rematch... dana was calling him p4p goat and he got rocked with 1 punch early. barao was cutting like he normally does, like he's said he does for the last 30 fights, he just slipped, bumped his head, and went to the hospital... that's a pretty honest mistake but for bad timing...

 

seems dumb to "punish" him by not giving him a rematch as he was the reigning champ for quite some time 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #4191 of 34167
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post
 

i still think barao should get the rematch... dana was calling him p4p goat and he got rocked with 1 punch early. barao was cutting like he normally does, like he's said he does for the last 30 fights, he just slipped, bumped his head, and went to the hospital... that's a pretty honest mistake but for bad timing...

 

seems dumb to "punish" him by not giving him a rematch as he was the reigning champ for quite some time 


Eh, the whole story seems sketch to me but it is what it is. Not mad at Dana if he doesn't give Barao the next shot, oh well. Backing out of a PPV headliner title fight on the day of won't bode well for you and again that story is just odd.

 

"Got rocked with 1 punch early", seems like you're taking credit away from Dillashaw. Dude gave him the business.

 

And Dana aint never call him the GOAT :lol 

post #4192 of 34167
IMO I agree with dillashaw berano camp wanted a rematch ASAP, I truly think dillashaw is the real deal and hope he beats him again. The whole weight cutting thing is stupid in all forms of combat even wrestling it's all about fighting under your normal weight class to have an advantage, I would love to see what kind of rules the commission would implicate. The whole cyborg thing also has me confused just let em fight enough with all the talking if Ronda gets beat she gets best but I doubt it though she's impressed me a lot in her last few fights in the ufc
post #4193 of 34167
So far the bellator card is looking good this far for Friday ESP with bobby lashley fighting again good to see the guy took the necessary time to get training on his craft and his personal life interesting to see how much better he's gotten since not fighting for 4 yrs
post #4194 of 34167
If not a title shot, Dana could give Barao either Cruz or Mizugaki, Assuncao, or a move to 145. Which would prompt Aldo's long-awaited jump to Lightweight.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4195 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

If not a title shot, Dana could give Barao either Cruz or Mizugaki, Assuncao, or a move to 145. Which would prompt Aldo's long-awaited jump to Lightweight.

my main problem with this is that barao has a pretty good chance to beat whoever is in front of him and then fight dillashaw anyway. and if he wins, dana'll have isolated his champ for "punishment" - as if not getting paid a dime, etc. wasn't enough 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #4196 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

my main problem with this is that barao has a pretty good chance to beat whoever is in front of him and then fight dillashaw anyway. and if he wins, dana'll have isolated his champ for "punishment" - as if not getting paid a dime, etc. wasn't enough 
Assuncao would be a stiff challenge for Barao, but I don't believe Barao would defeat Cruz.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4197 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post


Assuncao would be a stiff challenge for Barao, but I don't believe Barao would defeat Cruz.

man Cruz hasn't fought in years. Barao got his *** kicked once, had some sad fainting session to follow up, but let's not forget how absolutely dominant he was before the Dillashaw fight. Dillashaw was +800 for that fight. 

 

I really think Barao is going to fight for the title again, has a better than 50% chance of winning it, and now it's kinda like...Dana v. Aldo & Barao which nobody wants to see or should care about. Not to mention his little hissy fit with Overeem and Jon Jones. Dana is sorta going out of control imo but whatever

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #4198 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

man Cruz hasn't fought in years. Barao got his *** kicked once, had some sad fainting session to follow up, but let's not forget how absolutely dominant he was before the Dillashaw fight. Dillashaw was +800 for that fight. 

I really think Barao is going to fight for the title again, has a better than 50% chance of winning it, and now it's kinda like...Dana v. Aldo & Barao which nobody wants to see or should care about. Not to mention his little hissy fit with Overeem and Jon Jones. Dana is sorta going out of control imo but whatever
Cruz is unorthodox and hard to prepare for. He's beaten Mighty Mouse, Faber (avenged only loss), Benavdiez twice, McCall, and Jorgensen. Quite the resume.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #4199 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post


Cruz is unorthodox and hard to prepare for. He's beaten Mighty Mouse, Faber (avenged only loss), Benavdiez twice, McCall, and Jorgensen. Quite the resume.

he hasn't fought since 2011... to put that time into perspective, dan henderson was knocking out fedor at the time... mighty mouse got his own weight class. jon jones became champion a year after Cruz last fought 

 

i dont think cruz would come back unless he was 100% but ring rust is ring rust.

 

i do agree with whoever above said dillashaw was copying cruz's style.... just insane footwork.

 

barao v. cruz would be a good fight, gun to my head, i'd take barao 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #4200 of 34167
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post
 

man Cruz hasn't fought in years. Barao got his *** kicked once, had some sad fainting session to follow up, but let's not forget how absolutely dominant he was before the Dillashaw fight. Dillashaw was +800 for that fight. 

 

I really think Barao is going to fight for the title again, has a better than 50% chance of winning it, and now it's kinda like...Dana v. Aldo & Barao which nobody wants to see or should care about. Not to mention his little hissy fit with Overeem and Jon Jones. Dana is sorta going out of control imo but whatever

 

If Cruz wins his next fight, more than likely he'll get the next title shot. Barao will fight for the title again but not in his next fight. UFC wants to make sure that he can make weight again and its kind of another punishment for him by not giving him another title shot immediately. Its like Lineker. He was definitely in line for a title shot against Mighty Mouse but because of his problems missing weight he never got the opportunity and ended up losing to Bagautinov.

 

A lot of what you said about Dana is basically the same thing Askren recently said in an interview. He basically said that he doesn't like how Dana treats people and that all he cares about is the bottom line and not the athletes.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1