NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1 - Page 174

post #5191 of 34121
Thread Starter 

In just two weeks we get Hendricks, Lawler, Gil, Pettis, Browne and Faber :hat

 

MMA bout to bless us for the next two months

post #5192 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

In just two weeks we get Hendricks, Lawler, Gil, Pettis, Browne and Faber pimp.gif

MMA bout to bless us for the next two months

body.is.ready.
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
Boston Bruins | New England Patriots | Boston Red Sox | Georgetown Hoyas | Michigan Wolverines |
Arsenal FC | Huevos Rancheros Hockey | USMNT
Reply
post #5193 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

In just two weeks we get Hendricks, Lawler, Gil, Pettis, Browne and Faber pimp.gif

MMA bout to bless us for the next two months
Growing feeling the belts are changing hands at both 155 and 170.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #5194 of 34121
Frankie beat the piss out of son mean.gif

Was not expecting that level of beat down at all.

After seeing that and Lamas/Bermudez i'm gonna have to start buying into illphillip's theory on win streaks laugh.gif
Edited by Smedroc - 11/23/14 at 9:27am
post #5195 of 34121
Thread Starter 

Conor has been calling out the FW division for being slow and too traditional with movement.. does anyone really see Conor beating Frankie last night? Frankie's chin is all-time I don't see Conor testing it. Frankie's movement threw Cub way off made Cub look like a deer in headlights.

 

I'd love to see a Conor Frankie battle or even Conor Mendes/Lamas.. I can't wait to see Conor take on a wrestler.

post #5196 of 34121
Frankie is ready to take that belt after dominating his last two fights
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #5197 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Conor has been calling out the FW division for being slow and too traditional with movement.. does anyone really see Conor beating Frankie last night? Frankie's chin is all-time I don't see Conor testing it. Frankie's movement threw Cub way off made Cub look like a deer in headlights.

I'd love to see a Conor Frankie battle or even Conor Mendes/Lamas.. I can't wait to see Conor take on a wrestler.

It would be nice to see Frankie takedown that guy and embarrass him.
post #5198 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by justscrap View Post

Frankie is ready to take that belt after dominating his last two fights



Everyone was hyped for the last fight and Frankie couldn't do a damb thing against Jose. I give Frankei props on the performance, but will never hop on his hype train

-My first thought after seeing that beating Edgar handled out last night was "Well dmab,I guess BJ isn't so washed up after all..."
post #5199 of 34121

Given that McGregor wins against Siver, I don't see Frankie getting the next title shot. Kinda hope they go with Mendes/Edgar and Swanson/Bermudez.

post #5200 of 34121
Thread Starter 

BJ is washed up as ****. Don't get it twisted :lol

post #5201 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

BJ is washed up as ****. Don't get it twisted laugh.gif

Yeah I know. But he not as completely shot as I thought.

BJ could still compete, but homeboy ain't got any savage felt in him.
post #5202 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post



Everyone was hyped for the last fight and Frankie couldn't do a damb thing against Jose. I give Frankei props on the performance, but will never hop on his hype train

-My first thought after seeing that beating Edgar handled out last night was "Well dmab,I guess BJ isn't so washed up after all..."

I know people are tired of him getting title shots and rematch but i think he showed more aggression with his top game and not out pointing fighters with his footwork. I would love to see how Edger/Mendes goes down.
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #5203 of 34121
edgar should get the next shot. he's dominated cub like he did bj penn. and he finished the fight. mcgregor should wait. 
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5204 of 34121
edgar aint getting no shot....

he got nothing for aldo, we already saw that.....hell cub has nothing for aldo either

let conor get a shot first before we start handing out do-overs
post #5205 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorianotron View Post

edgar aint getting no shot....

he got nothing for aldo, we already saw that.....hell cub has nothing for aldo either

let conor get a shot first before we start handing out do-overs

yeah i used to agree with that dana white statement but frankie made cub look like a can. people thought frankie won the first two rounds of the jose fight. i think this is a different frankie and the ufc can make just as much money doing frankie/jose & conor/mendes 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5206 of 34121

No way I see UFC making as much money doing Aldo/Frankie and Conor/Mendes as they would doing Aldo/Conor. UFC 156 with Aldo/Edgar, Rashad/Lil Nog, BigFoot/Reem, Fitch/Maia, and a lot of other recognizable fighters like TWood, Benavidez, Uncle Creepy, and Dunham only got 330k ppv buys. Aldo/Conor without all the other big names on their card probably does 250k-300k by itself. And the event will sellout regardless of where its at. Its a sellout in Brazil, Ireland, and even Vegas cause the Brazilians and Irish will travel to see the fight. They hype behind Conor is huge right now and ppl either wanna see him win or get knocked out. Plus I think Mendes beats Conor and a huge potential payday for UFC is gone. 

post #5207 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

people thought frankie won the first two rounds of the jose fight. i think this is a different frankie

and are you expecting the same aldo as well?

Aldo has gotten better too man, no one wants to see this fight AGAIN.

Aldo is clearly head and shoulders above everyone in the division.

If edgar were to fight and get through mendes, then you can say he "deserves" another shot...but I just dont see edgar beating chad, I dont even see the UFC entertaining this.

after aldo wrecks conor, hes gotta be thinking superfights.....hes pretty much cleared the division, gotta move on.
post #5208 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post

Given that McGregor wins against Siver, I don't see Frankie getting the next title shot. Kinda hope they go with Mendes/Edgar and Swanson/Bermudez.


 



This. UFC would be foolish to leave money on the table. Connor McGregor is a lot more likely to sell PPV Buys than Frankie Edgar.

Connor would probably get annihilated by Jose Aldo but leading into the fight, he'll do the old Chael Sonnen/Mohammed Ali to generate interest.

Now on the other hand, Edgar/Mendes is a fresh fight. If Frankie wins that fight, he deserves a title shot. If Chad wins, he probably needs a few fights before seeing Aldo again.

And speaking of Frankie Edgar. He, Connor McGregor, T.J. Dillashaw and Dominic Cruz have the best foot work in the UFC. It's crazy. They're not boxers but definitely have solid hand skills.
post #5209 of 34121
Lineker/Uncle Creepy added to 183. Might actually get a legit contender at 125.

As for 145, I agree with most of y'all and it should break down like this:

Aldo/Conor for the strap w/ Edgar/Mendes on the same card.
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
UConn Huskies - New York Yankees - New York Giants - Manchester United
Reply
post #5210 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorianotron View Post

edgar aint getting no shot....


he got nothing for aldo, we already saw that.....hell cub has nothing for aldo either


let conor get a shot first before we start handing out do-overs
yeah i used to agree with that dana white statement but frankie made cub look like a can. people thought frankie won the first two rounds of the jose fight. i think this is a different frankie and the ufc can make just as much money doing frankie/jose & conor/mendes 

laugh.gif That is straight up not true.

People thought he won the last two rounds of the fight, some gave Aldo the 5th. This the feeling on most forums.

Just take a look at how sites scored the match. Everyone of them gave Aldo one and two

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-156-Results-Aldo-vs-Edgar-PlaybyPlay-Updates-49489

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/02/ufc-156-play-by-play-and-live-results

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/2/2/3944316/ufc-156-aldo-vs-edgar-live-ppv-broadcast-results

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-156-play-by-play-jose-aldo-vs-frankie-edgar

http://www.5thround.com/137313/ufc-156-aldo-vs-edgar-live-results-and-play-by-play/

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/2/3/3942136/ufc-156-live-blog-jose-aldo-vs-frankie-edgar

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/9/3858234/ufc-156-results-live-fight-coverage-online-ppv-free-aldo-vs-edgar-feb-2-las-vegas-mma

-And BTW people were going nuts about Frankie at 145. Everyone was on that "He is a beast at 155, just imagine what he can go at 145" and Jose still did whatever he wanted with him.

So I'm not buying this "New/Different" Edgar hype.
post #5211 of 34121
I was like wait... ill have to rewatch the fight because I remember aldo winning the first three easily then fading away like he always does in the championship rounds. I think this time around Frankie can capitalize on that and go for the finish on the later rounds
post #5212 of 34121

ya got my rounds mixed up. i thought cub was the #1 contender before frankie mauled him. i think mendes is a nightmare match up for frankie and would hate to see him get knocked off late in his career. 

 

i guess mcgregor will get the shot if/when he beats siver but sooner or later he'll have to fight a wrestler. 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5213 of 34121
Thread Starter 

Stylistically I would definitely prefer Conor v Aldo, granted Conor gets by Siver

 

I respect the hell out of Frankie and do believe he is ahead of Conor for the next title shot, but I won't lie and say I am that entertained by Frankie's style

post #5214 of 34121
Frankie one of the most entertaining fighters for me to watch. Don't see how conor is more entertaining other than on the Mic
post #5215 of 34121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicolkickhead View Post

Frankie one of the most entertaining fighters for me to watch. Don't see how conor is more entertaining other than on the Mic

That's your opinion, which is fine. Frankie will grind you out while Conor will look to pick you apart then finish you with KO power. That's all it comes down to, for me

post #5216 of 34121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

That's your opinion, which is fine. Frankie will grind you out while Conor will look to pick you apart then finish you with KO power. That's all it comes down to, for me

yeah frankie isn't exciting in my opinion but he could hominick aldo while conor will probably get picked apart 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #5217 of 34121
Thread Starter 

Let me make it clear, I don't think Frankie is boring, I just find Conor more appealing. It's just an opinion, if someone thinks Edgar is much more entertaining that's fine

post #5218 of 34121
Having Conor fight for the title next will be more appealing but it seem it makes the rankings pointless and I feel if Conor beats a wrestler like lamas or mendes then a title will be huge and a major sell. I think conor just needs to silence the doubters so they wont question him getting a title shot.
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #5219 of 34121
Which is why I said for me lol. Its all preference. But I do think conor has nothing for aldo, Franke this time around can make the fight more competitive
post #5220 of 34121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by justscrap View Post

Having Conor fight for the title next will be more appealing but it seem it makes the rankings pointless and I feel if Conor beats a wrestler like lamas or mendes then a title will be huge and a major sell. I think conor just needs to silence the doubters so they wont question him getting a title shot.

Rankings are definitely not the be all when it comes to MMA/boxing, just used for something you can reference. Most of the time we're going to get proper matchups based on rankings but exceptions will always occur. Conor fits the mold of the exception...

 

But again, I do think Frankie is the most deserving, just like many have said, I wouldn't blame the UFC for making Conor Aldo before Frankie Aldo II. The money would be insane

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1