NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1 - Page 244

post #7291 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post


Eh, that's the easy excuse people have used a lot. It may be true but he also coaches jones, cerrone, and sanchez. A fighter will fight how he wants to fight.

Greg Jackson definitely encourages it though. He's a great coach and all but he thinks it through (like when he told Jones to go shake Machida's hand for fans)

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #7292 of 34010
GSP and Silva need to fight. The UFC needs to make that happen. I think everyone can go home happy if and when that happens.
post #7293 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYKNITLVR View Post

GSP and Silva need to fight. The UFC needs to make that happen. I think everyone can go home happy if and when that happens.

 

silva just tested positive and gsp said he was taking time off because of stuff like that. let's all just be happy with manny/mayweather 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #7294 of 34010

the biggest super fight imo is pettis/aldo... 

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #7295 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartleby929 View Post

the biggest super fight imo is pettis/aldo... 

huh? that fight on its own would be lucky to break 300k buys laugh.gif
post #7296 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousG View Post


huh? that fight on its own would be lucky to break 300k buys laugh.gif

oh i mean as a fan. i guess then lesnar/jon jones

paul pierce > kobe
Reply
paul pierce > kobe
Reply
post #7297 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYKNITLVR View Post

GSP and Silva need to fight. The UFC needs to make that happen. I think everyone can go home happy if and when that happens.


This is the closest we'll get to seeing Silva vs GSP. Who knows what's going on with Silva's test or if UFC will pay the commission to make it go away. And Firas Zahabi doesn't think he's gonna fight in 2015.

 


Jon Fitch just failed his drug test for his fight against Palhares. 

post #7298 of 34010
^
Is that a photoshopped pic or have they sparred before?
post #7299 of 34010
Fighters getting booked left and right, black eye for the sport, hope UFC can get their **** together. If I was Reebok i would second guess the uniform deal.
post #7300 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

^
Is that a photoshopped pic or have they sparred before?


Idk. I saw it on bjpenn.com.

post #7301 of 34010
No way would reebok would pull out if there deal

Anyone watching the glory card it's cool watching kickboxing I used to watch those k-1 carries as a kid
post #7302 of 34010
rbk doesn't really have many contracts it seems like. They do fitness stuff and those crossfit games. I think they still fo hockey jerseys.
post #7303 of 34010

Reebok isn't gonna get rid of UFC. A company that's "affiliated" with the Abu Dhabi gov't bought a stake in UFC a few years ago and now another group thats "affiliated" with the Abu Dhabi gov't is looking to buy Reebok from Adidas. Its just like how Xyience was a huge UFC sponsor but that was because it was owned by the Fertittas.

post #7304 of 34010
Thread Starter 

Jon Fitch pissed hot too :{

post #7305 of 34010
Hate to say it but I feel ufc on a decline as is mma things just aren't the same when I watch it 5 years ago per say... But that could be cause my favorite fighters are old and getting washed up hopefully some new comers get me back in it
post #7306 of 34010
Silva is getting suspended. That was probably his last fight. He comes back after a 6-9 month suspension and he'll be 40.

I felt Hendricks won GSP/Hendricks, imo. But to be honest...they're both boring, grinding wrestlers so I'm glad both aren't near the title.

And people acting like a Reebok should canc they're paltry contract. The NFL had deflate gate, domestic violence, "child abuse", Hernandez, etc and no one is calling for them to loose their billions and billions of revenue. Seattle had players PPP for PEDs.

I'm not saying the UFC shouldn't cover up or crack the whip on these players.
post #7307 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

Blame Greg Jackson

Blame Matt Serra

post #7308 of 34010
the biggest fight would be jon jones/cain velasquez
post #7309 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Jon Fitch pissed hot too mean.gif

welp....... Rogan just lost one his examples of dudes who would never use PED's.

There's only BJ left now.
post #7310 of 34010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderjericho View Post

Silva is getting suspended. That was probably his last fight. He comes back after a 6-9 month suspension and he'll be 40.

I felt Hendricks won GSP/Hendricks, imo. But to be honest...they're both boring, grinding wrestlers so I'm glad both aren't near the title.

And people acting like a Reebok should canc they're paltry contract. The NFL had deflate gate, domestic violence, "child abuse", Hernandez, etc and no one is calling for them to loose their billions and billions of revenue. Seattle had players PPP for PEDs.

I'm not saying the UFC shouldn't cover up or crack the whip on these players.

Hendricks had so many exciting fights where he would go for the kill. Only recently has he become a point fighter

 

I didn't care to see Silva fight ever again and after the PED's dude can just retire now

post #7311 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostManQ View Post

Hate to say it but I feel ufc on a decline as is mma things just aren't the same when I watch it 5 years ago per say... But that could be cause my favorite fighters are old and getting washed up hopefully some new comers get me back in it

I don't know how their ratings are on fox and fs1 or how their ppv buys are doing but it doesn't seem like the sport is growing huge like they thought it would. People saying the sport would be huge like soccer was ridiculous anyway. The sport barely gets a mention on sports shows except on the fs1 and fox networks. There's things I don't like about the ufc, wish there was an alternative to watch when I want to see something different.
post #7312 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostManQ View Post

Hate to say it but I feel ufc on a decline as is mma things just aren't the same when I watch it 5 years ago per say... But that could be cause my favorite fighters are old and getting washed up hopefully some new comers get me back in it

I don't know how their ratings are on fox and fs1 or how their ppv buys are doing but it doesn't seem like the sport is growing huge like they thought it would. People saying the sport would be huge like soccer was ridiculous anyway. The sport barely gets a mention on sports shows except on the fs1 and fox networks. There's things I don't like about the ufc, wish there was an alternative to watch when I want to see something different.

 

Not sure about their ratings but ppv buys have steadily decreased over the last few years with cards averaging 260k buys last year. 

 

I think they should take a page from Strikeforce when they had Strikeforce Challengers where the cards were made up of up & coming fighters and just show it on FS1 on Fri, Sat, or Sun nights. They need to find a way to showcase younger fighters so when their current top fighters leave or are injured, fans already know who the new guys are.

post #7313 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post

Not sure about their ratings but ppv buys have steadily decreased over the last few years with cards averaging 260k buys last year. 

I think they should take a page from Strikeforce when they had Strikeforce Challengers where the cards were made up of up & coming fighters and just show it on FS1 on Fri, Sat, or Sun nights. They need to find a way to showcase younger fighters so when their current top fighters leave or are injured, fans already know who the new guys are.
Prelims
Fight night
Etc
The problem is there's too many cards so the quality is down overall

Should be 24 cards a year, 1 ppv a month and 1 fight night. On the 1st and 15th so it's a predictable schedule.
post #7314 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Hendricks had so many exciting fights where he would go for the kill. Only recently has he become a point fighter

I didn't care to see Silva fight ever again and after the PED's dude can just retire now

Only recently??

You mean when he became champion right? Like GSP?

Blasting through guys as you make your rise through the rankings is way different to fighting the 2nd best guy in a stacked division every time out. I'm pretty sure he was trying to K.O Robbie but he couldn't cause of the level of fighter he is. Once you realise you cant put a guy away you're fighting for the win. Same goes for GSP, dude was not blessed with that level of K.O power so he played to his strengths.
post #7315 of 34010
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedroc View Post


Only recently??

You mean when he became champion right? Like GSP?

Blasting through guys as you make your rise through the rankings is way different to fighting the 2nd best guy in a stacked division every time out. I'm pretty sure he was trying to K.O Robbie but he couldn't cause of the level of fighter he is. Once you realise you cant put a guy away you're fighting for the win. Same goes for GSP, dude was not blessed with that level of K.O power so he played to his strengths.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Yes, only recently has Hendricks become a point fighter. Literally, his past 2 fights. He was going for the finish even against GSP until his bicep ripped, hell you could even say he was going for the kill in his first fight with Robbie

 

I was replying to the statement that "Hendicks is a boring, grinding wrestler" which is somewhat unfair to say

post #7316 of 34010
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post

Not sure about their ratings but ppv buys have steadily decreased over the last few years with cards averaging 260k buys last year. 

I think they should take a page from Strikeforce when they had Strikeforce Challengers where the cards were made up of up & coming fighters and just show it on FS1 on Fri, Sat, or Sun nights. They need to find a way to showcase younger fighters so when their current top fighters leave or are injured, fans already know who the new guys are.
Prelims
Fight night
Etc
The problem is there's too many cards so the quality is down overall

Should be 24 cards a year, 1 ppv a month and 1 fight night. On the 1st and 15th so it's a predictable schedule.


My thought was if they only put the up & comers on special cards like Challengers, they'd be able to cut back on Fight Nights and the watered down cards and start having more ppvs that were stacked. There excuse for having so many events is because they have a lot of fighters that all wanna fight. 

post #7317 of 34010
The UFC's management doesn't give a **** about MMA anymore, all they care about is making money.

They willingly watered down their product because they needed more fights to fill cards for Fox.

Combine that with no high profile marketable stars. Just look at how badly UFC 184 is gonna bomb with Ronda headlining by herself
post #7318 of 34010
All I know is Paul felder is one I want to keep watching after his last fight

And glory kickboxing is dope I watch that everytime I can
post #7319 of 34010
Thread Starter 

UFC tried to cash out while they could, I don't blame them. They got the FOX opportunity and have to fulfill obligations with the number of cards. They couldn't turn that opportunity down.

 

The sport wasn't ready to stretch out like this, there weren't enough stars there wasn't enough talent from top to bottom to expand cards to this magnitude. If injuries weren't as big as they are in MMA then MAYBE it could have worked but injuries are only getting worse.

 

The FOX deal is 7 years (signed in 2011). By 2018 it will be pretty interesting to see the state of MMA.

post #7320 of 34010
Ive honestly been having a lot more fun watching glory free events than ufc ppvs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1