NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1 - Page 277

post #8281 of 34144

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


Any muay Thai fans in here? AxisTV usually puts on good muayThai/Kickboxing cards.

post #8282 of 34144
Yes sir! Kevin Ross is a beast. One of few American nak muays that actually fights like a Thai.
Edited by red80 - 3/27/15 at 3:13pm
post #8283 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post
 

 

They haven't done the same thing for 187 at all. That event you're talking about was one of those events UFC has been holding every few months to drum up interest for upcoming cards. Weidman, Belfort, Rockhold, Machida, Dillashaw, etc where all there. And the only thing that staged fight got was promotion for that press conference they were holding.

How many staredowns can one match possibly have :rollin

 

They had another one today in Toronto. Jesus, it's like the 5th staredown :x they still got more cities and countries to visit

post #8284 of 34144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

How many staredowns can one match possibly have roll.gif

They had another one today in Toronto. Jesus, it's like the 5th staredown sick.gif  they still got more cities and countries to visit

laugh.gif I didn't realize that.
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #8285 of 34144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post
 

How many staredowns can one match possibly have :rollin

 

They had another one today in Toronto. Jesus, it's like the 5th staredown :x they still got more cities and countries to visit

its called doing media and promotion for those markets/cities...if they want it to be the biggest selling fight they have to get out there 

post #8286 of 34144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

How many staredowns can one match possibly have roll.gif

They had another one today in Toronto. Jesus, it's like the 5th staredown sick.gif  they still got more cities and countries to visit

Wasn't aware this was am exclusive thing... mean.gif


Conor was on the fighter and the kid podcast the other day (Hosted by Brendan Schaub and Bryan Callen)

He basically said he sees the media as a facet of the fight game. Just like striking, grappling etc he uses it as a weapon because the media frenzy he generates around his opponent is unlike anything they have previously dealt with and that has the potential to wear a guy down. So this dumb *** tour would be a perfect example of that. Pretty interesting perspective....

He also said his favourite pastimes are shopping and counting laugh.gifpimp.gif
post #8287 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money 87 View Post
 

its called doing media and promotion for those markets/cities...if they want it to be the biggest selling fight they have to get out there 

No **** sherlock

post #8288 of 34144

I agree @Vincent Van Ho. My original point was that they're promoting the hell out of 189 but they haven't done **** to promote any of the others ppvs, especially 187, which are coming up sooner than 189.

 

Besides why spend all of this money promoting an Aldo fight 4 months before it happens? I wouldn't be shocked if the fight has to be rescheduled cause he got hurt in training or got kidney stones again.

post #8289 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyzPhan View Post
 

I agree @Vincent Van Ho. My original point was that they're promoting the hell out of 189 but they haven't done **** to promote any of the others ppvs, especially 187, which are coming up sooner than 189.

 

Besides why spend all of this money promoting an Aldo fight 4 months before it happens? I wouldn't be shocked if the fight has to be rescheduled cause he got hurt in training or got kidney stones again.

Not to mention, McGregor/Aldo is going to SELL a TON regardless. They are excessively promoting the fight and it comes off as cheesy. Dana himself said they've never done anything like this World Tour for any other fight in UFC history

 

I don't care what they choose to promote or how much they choose to promote but all I can say is having this many staredowns and press conferences for one fight seems a bit much

 

If someone gets hurt I would seriously :lol but hey if they have the money to burn on all this press more power to them

post #8290 of 34144
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzjay View Post
 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90


Any muay Thai fans in here? AxisTV usually puts on good muayThai/Kickboxing cards.

 

 

FYI this is on right now for those looking to see some dope muay thai fights(on AXS HD channel). :hat 

post #8291 of 34144
Bendo just called out Woodley on twitter.

Dangerous but a smart shout imo. High profile opponent and It's a fight where he could most likely dictate the pace.... if he doesnt get ktfo'd of course.
post #8292 of 34144
he called jon jones out as well mean.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
March 28, 2015

laugh.gif
post #8293 of 34144
This ***** laugh.gif
post #8294 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smedroc View Post

Bendo just called out Woodley on twitter.

Dangerous but a smart shout imo. High profile opponent and It's a fight where he could most likely dictate the pace.... if he doesnt get ktfo'd of course.

Perfect! Great match, and that frees up Michael Johnson to fight Anthony Pettis

 

Woodley should either fight Bendo or Hendricks

post #8295 of 34144
What's woodley's ranking right now? Don't see much reason for him to fight henderson besides him being a name opponent.
post #8296 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun View Post

What's woodley's ranking right now? Don't see much reason for him to fight henderson besides him being a name opponent.

Woodley should be one fight away... should be Hendricks or Bendo. Bendo should be on a win streak right now

post #8297 of 34144
Bendo is going to give up a lot of weight. Woodley looks like a "big" welter weight.

The physical composition difference between him and Gastellum was crazy.
post #8298 of 34144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderjericho View Post

Bendo is going to give up a lot of weight. Woodley looks like a "big" welter weight.

The physical composition difference between him and Gastellum was crazy.

Thatch was a big WW too though right

 

Either way, Bendo seems intent on trying 170 so let him see it through

post #8299 of 34144
woodley is like all muscle. Can't remember the last fight of his i've seen.
post #8300 of 34144
I'm not sure if Bendo could handle Woodley's power in the early rounds
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
San Francisco 49ers
Reply
post #8301 of 34144

Bendo would get destroyed by Woodley. he needs to go back to 155.

 

woodley/hendricks makes perfect sense imo

post #8302 of 34144
Woodley is weird, he has the power to KO anybody and he'll look like a killer against some guys and then **** the bed the next fight. Still don't understand what he was trying to do vs. Shields or Rory. He should beat Benson but who knows with that guy.
post #8303 of 34144

Benson just wants a fight. Doesn't matter if its at 155 or 170. He called out Pettis and Michael Johnson too.

post #8304 of 34144
Bendo can't progress at 155 cause he lost to Pettis 2x and got KO'd by RDA
post #8305 of 34144
I throw a * on the KO.
post #8306 of 34144
bendo running infinite laps around woodley with his feet cut off

woodly is pretty damn good.


benson is great.
post #8307 of 34144
Thread Starter 

When it comes to Bendo's chin, heart, skills and grit there's no way I'll say he'd get destroyed by someone like Woodley. Woodley is a top caliber fighter as well but Bendo is not the type of fighter I say gets destroyed by many men. Woodley is not one of those men, as powerful as he is

 

I look at the RDA KO loss as the exception. RDA is either a MONSTER or he's on roids, that was just the punch from hell prefaced by a double knee to the chin + knee to the body

post #8308 of 34144
Just saw this Sat ufc card is on at 10am? Are they going to replay it at night?
post #8309 of 34144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysfiend23 View Post

Just saw this Sat ufc card is on at 10am? Are they going to replay it at night?


Yeah it's schedule to replay at 8pm that night.

post #8310 of 34144
conor promoting the hell out of this fight laugh.gif

DeafeningWaterloggedBufflehead.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Whittaker v Brunson on SAT 11/26 @7PM on FS1