NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016** - Page 355

post #10621 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLESH PRINCE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick View Post

He would have to be on his "Down With The King" isn if that's the cover. Meek gets a bad rap but I honestly don't know how he bounces back from this, I never seen nothing like this. I'm rooting for him tho but if he shoots at Drake like that, he bet not miss.

I honestly think he should leave it alone and just come with hard mixtape after hard mixtape a la Wayne, Gucci and Future.

Difference with those 3 is charisma. Gucci & Wayne were funny. Future is turn up. Meek speaks to people in bad situations and people who ballin but used to be in bad situations. Not something you can oversaturate.

I just want him to make real dope music. Like Traumatized and what not. Speak to the audience that relates to you and not to the other stuff
post #10622 of 14593
Btw, Meek didn't headline Made In America... Plus he probably had the worse set
post #10623 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton View Post

You asked why the guy from philly was performing at a .... philly festival?

What is powerjam? Powerhouse? You think Meek Mill is HEADLINING a concert that has Kendrick Lamar on the same line up? roll.gif You might just be delusional

If you agreed that he's benefitting what exactly are you arguing?
Now it's because he's from Philly.
I'm sure him having a #1 album had NOTHING to do with him being on the main stage. It was all charity. Cassidy and Gillie wernt around so they called up Meek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLESH PRINCE View Post

...but anyways...

Saw this floating around Twitter?

DC4?

CPjQhlsVAAAbi5w.jpg
He doesn't really need to study it like that.
Of course he should address it, it's a lot of corporate **** that's why he couldn't really swing back.
But he'll be Aight. I don't think anyone who was a fan isn't ****** with him based on what Drake says or Twitter ****. Has nothing to do with the actual music.

A project before the end of the year is essential tho.
Something short and is maximum effort.

EDIT.
It's coming. He's on ig pumpin it.
Edited by Trill Nimley - 9/23/15 at 5:19am

Young OG

ig ~ @TrillNimley Twitter ~ @NimleyWrldPeace

 

Reply

Young OG

ig ~ @TrillNimley Twitter ~ @NimleyWrldPeace

 

Reply
post #10624 of 14593
TEAMlateNIGHT
WE NEVER SLEEP
..No Sleep Till Brooklyn..
Reply
TEAMlateNIGHT
WE NEVER SLEEP
..No Sleep Till Brooklyn..
Reply
post #10625 of 14593
Meek byke 🔥🔥🔥 them snippets crazy
post #10626 of 14593
Meek BEEN performing at Power house BEFORE he was signed to MMG...just thought I'd put that out there. Dude has been Phillys biggest artist for awhile now. And that Drake ish aint stopping that. Some girl i know who went to the Nicki & Meek concert in Camden said during Meeks set she could hear Eff Drake chants...
post #10627 of 14593
It's funny how Meek praised Future as the only thing he listens to and then he did a mixtape/project with Drake laugh.gif
post #10628 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Mile View Post

Meek byke 🔥🔥🔥 them snippets crazy

mean.gif they all sound the same bro. Address the elephant in the room, stop being scared. Drake ended this guy's situation
and you will see when he drops any type of project. He better get on his "Chris Brown" and drop nothing less than
incredible radio friendly singles or its over.

On a side not how is rapping about the same glock, rollie, and coupe acceptable??? Aren't you the fan tired of hearing
that? This is the same guy that preaches avoiding the streets when members of his team dies in the streets? But he's
still rapping about murder death kill?

As a thinking person I don't get it. mean.gif
post #10629 of 14593
Thats all he knows how & what to rap bout. You grow up rapping bout that for years, its kinda difficult to break that habit & switch it up entirely. Also his image is based off that, he switches up now he loses his core fanbase & then over the top fans will prob say dumb stuff like Drake made him switch it up lol
post #10630 of 14593
Meek has ALWAYS told both sides of the story to an extent (not as much since DC2)

He just got out of jail for the 2nd or 3rd time, I think his life also reflects that.

He does brag a lot, but that's just what he does, that's what people like I guess. They're buying it.

I prefer the Dream Chasers 1 Meek to ANYthing.

He kinda forgot the struggle in ways, that was my issue with the first album. He just focused on the success and not about the 20 some years he spent broke with yearlong cornrows.

But the whole Drake ending his situation, that's false. Just some internet ****. If ANYthing it might work in his favor to people wanting to hear and see what he does next. If anything.

Young OG

ig ~ @TrillNimley Twitter ~ @NimleyWrldPeace

 

Reply

Young OG

ig ~ @TrillNimley Twitter ~ @NimleyWrldPeace

 

Reply
post #10631 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osek206 View Post

mean.gif they all sound the same bro. Address the elephant in the room, stop being scared. Drake ended this guy's situation
and you will see when he drops any type of project. He better get on his "Chris Brown" and drop nothing less than
incredible radio friendly singles or its over.

On a side not how is rapping about the same glock, rollie, and coupe acceptable??? Aren't you the fan tired of hearing
that? This is the same guy that preaches avoiding the streets when members of his team dies in the streets? But he's
still rapping about murder death kill?

As a thinking person I don't get it. mean.gif

Drake didn't end nothing, all Meek ever had to do was put out some type music. He literally hasn't dropped **** since that Drake diss. Its always gone be the lame *** Drake supporters that have something to say, but the ppl meek actually makes music for still rocking with him.
post #10632 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Nimley View Post

Meek has ALWAYS told both sides of the story to an extent (not as much since DC2)

He just got out of jail for the 2nd or 3rd time, I think his life also reflects that.

He does brag a lot, but that's just what he does, that's what people like I guess. They're buying it.

I prefer the Dream Chasers 1 Meek to ANYthing.

He kinda forgot the struggle in ways, that was my issue with the first album. He just focused on the success and not about the 20 some years he spent broke with yearlong cornrows.

But the whole Drake ending his situation, that's false. Just some internet ****. If ANYthing it might work in his favor to people wanting to hear and see what he does next. If anything.



I guess my issue is mediocre music all across the board, and it being accepted by the masses. The songs/snippets
posted IMO will be like everything else he delivers. It's just the climate of society, tons of dumb people all gathered
willing to accept trash for a "turn-up".

I admit I never expect anymore from Meek than whats he's given (average/below average) music. But when people
you have had relationships with die to the violence you portray in 90% percent of your songs, that's not considered
a hypocrite by today's standards?

Or is it "just music", "I rap what a see in the streets", "ghetto spokesman" . Mind boggling ...
post #10633 of 14593
Nah bruh.

Drake ended that man at least for the year 2015.

Meek's had to have known that if he dropped anything it would be eclipsed by the whole Drake beef and the fact that he made a spectacle of himself.

Plus anything he dropped would've been compared to whatever Drake dropped that month regardless of whether its comparable, simply because of the beef.

Drake had operated in a way to where it would not be smart for Meek to drop music right now. That is effectively ending him for the time being at least.

Meek started the beef, then Drake dropped 2 disses, and the second diss is getting played in clubs and at house parties. Then he drops Hotline Bling, then he drops this mixtape with Future who's everyone's favorite right now. Anything Meek did would get compared to this run that Drake has been on, simply because Meek started a beef that got so big that he was put on the 2015 version of the Summerjam screen and dissed by national legislators, along with getting clowned by his heroes, and now he can't even drop anything because it'll get swallowed up in the ether of this beef and Drake's post-beef success. That sounds like ending someone to me.
post #10634 of 14593
The people who say Meek was ended by Drake, I don't think were Meek fans in the first place.

If you like street rap, do you care what the internet says? I know I don't. I think the whole thing is corny.

Meek needs to go back and try to appease that fanbase.

Drake and Nicki have the same fanbase, Meek doesn't necessarily. Though it seems he's trying now. He needs to be more Jeezy/Ross or at least TI and less Drake/Wale.

He needs to drop that "street" album he did before he got locked up as a mixtape
post #10635 of 14593
So if DC4 drop and it's good music it wont matter right? Because Drake said so? @knowledgebones72
post #10636 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgebones72 View Post

Nah bruh.

Drake ended that man at least for the year 2015.

Meek's had to have known that if he dropped anything it would be eclipsed by the whole Drake beef and the fact that he made a spectacle of himself.

Plus anything he dropped would've been compared to whatever Drake dropped that month regardless of whether its comparable, simply because of the beef.

Drake had operated in a way to where it would not be smart for Meek to drop music right now. That is effectively ending him for the time being at least.

Meek started the beef, then Drake dropped 2 disses, and the second diss is getting played in clubs and at house parties. Then he drops Hotline Bling, then he drops this mixtape with Future who's everyone's favorite right now. Anything Meek did would get compared to this run that Drake has been on, simply because Meek started a beef that got so big that he was put on the 2015 version of the Summerjam screen and dissed by national legislators, along with getting clowned by his heroes, and now he can't even drop anything because it'll get swallowed up in the ether of this beef and Drake's post-beef success. That sounds like ending someone to me.

Agree with this but Meek can still come back..dude needs to get in the studio and make good music PERIOD. Get off social media, quit commenting on the meme's and "fake music business" and make a fire album. Let views drop then drop DC4 6 months later with NO MENTION OF DRAKE OR THE BEEF ON ANY TRACK. If he even mentions the beef on a record...the song, the album...is gonna be swallowed up by re-hash of his massive L.

Focus on the music and he'll be able to get back where he was before the beef. He'll never get on Drake, Nikki, or even Future level...but he was never gonna get there even if he didn't diss Drake.
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
post #10637 of 14593
😂😂 at saying he gotta wait 6 months after Drake drop his album and not mention the situation. That's suicidal. His fan base would be able to back him if he actually put out product. He needs to put out good music ASAP, **** 6 months that tape might come in 6 days.

I love Future but Meek won't reach his level? 😂 what level is that exactly?
post #10638 of 14593
Dudes really acting like drake and meek has the same fan base. Drake fans who feel he ended him don't listen to that kind of music anyway and vice versa. The internet did that to meek. Same dudes putting emojis and trolling his pics were going hard on future when r Wilson wifed ciara. Putting footballs under his pics for days now those same people look at em. Internet has a short attention span and is full of followers. Its takes 5 people to say a tape is fire and they will all follow. He needs to get back on his dc1 steez tho, anything less than that and I'll pass. Rozay in a zone right now, lock in with him or something.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #10639 of 14593
Meek need to drop that song with him and Dex tho
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #10640 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trill Nimley View Post

Now it's because he's from Philly.
I'm sure him having a #1 album had NOTHING to do with him being on the main stage. It was all charity. Cassidy and Gillie wernt around so they called up Meek.

Why you even still responding, you said he's headlining Powerhouse laugh.gif
post #10641 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Mile View Post

😂😂 at saying he gotta wait 6 months after Drake drop his album and not mention the situation. That's suicidal. His fan base would be able to back him if he actually put out product. He needs to put out good music ASAP, **** 6 months that tape might come in 6 days.

I love Future but Meek won't reach his level? 😂 what level is that exactly?

How is not mentioning Drake suicidal..it's over...dude lost? Any diss record..bar... directed and Drake at this point is gonna backfire and have people talking about how bad he lost rather than the music...why do that? Jay got "Ethered" by Nas, did he ever speak on it again after Super Ugly? Nope. Homie got back to the music. Meek needs to take a page out of his idols book.

Yeah he could drop DC4 today, IMO that'd be dumb. This beef is still fresh and Future/Drake just dropped, just look at some of the comments on this thread...cats talking about Meek don't sound the same no more... Let that die down then drop some music, dropping now wouldn't move units even if the music was hot.

Future is the hottest non-mainstrean rapper out right now...could Meek ever say that? So no Meek isn't on Future's level and I can't see a scenario where he ever is.
Quote:
Rozay in a zone right now, lock in with him or something.

Truth, Meeks bars on Black Dollar were straight
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
post #10642 of 14593
I lowkey want Meek x Wale to do a diss track towards Drizzy and Future. It'll never materialize though. Meek needs to consult Wordplay 'Le for some pointers.
post #10643 of 14593
Hmm those snippets sound alright. I'll probably check out the tape if a drop before December.

Because December all ANYONE will be talking about is Kevin Gates debut which is definitely gonna change the landscape of rap for 2016. Easily the most anticipated debut that rap fans have ever seen. The hype is crazy all around the world. #BWA #idgt

Also, DMV heads he's coming to the Fillmore on Nov. 22. I already got my ticket. I suggest anyone else cop soon before the sell out.
post #10644 of 14593
Bruh I love gates but xmon mam 😂😂😂. And like I said meek can let all this **** be an afterthought with one thing... Hot music. He drop a tape full of bangers/goodusic no one with a brain of their own is gonna say o no drake said this so I'm not listening. This is the true test to see if he can deliver at a critical time. Let that **** go and make good music. Son thought it was the 90s where the industry was different, u drop that ghost writer **** back then the artist is done. In 2015 with the internet backing him and other artist needing him to sell they gonna act like it never happened.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #10645 of 14593
Meek will be fine..And he don't even have to drop a mixtape imo...just drop hot freestyles something to what fab did..that's how he got my attention back in the first place..I was hearing a lot of the old meek that it made me want to cop the album..His hot 97, pound cake, work, cream, and the DWMTM freestyles stayed in heavy rotation like they were songs..he was killing everything before he got locked up..

And didn't him and future just drop albums within a month apart not to long ago...and didn't he out sale future..I think meek first album did better than DS2..and he wasn't with Nicky then..where is this he's not on future level..there the same guy..it just a matter of preference to me.
post #10646 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Mile View Post

So if DC4 drop and it's good music it wont matter right? Because Drake said so? @knowledgebones72

Basically.

Ya'll acting like Meek's fanbase is enough to give him huge sales.

The casual listeners are the ones who give you the big numbers.

I could care less about Meek or Drake, but I do know that you can't go gold off of just street cats feeling you.

You have to look at who's actually paying for music.

Meek could solve 60% of his problems by dropping hot music. Ya'll acting like his album was great or something. None of the problems he started were based in quality of music, but the quality wasn't even there to help his case.

That other 40% is gonna get solved by the casual listeners moving on from this beef and not pegging him as the Nikki's Boyfriend/Dude who didn't want it with Drake (whether or not you agree that's simply the casual non-street cat's view).
post #10647 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinKazama View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 7th Mile View Post

😂😂 at saying he gotta wait 6 months after Drake drop his album and not mention the situation. That's suicidal. His fan base would be able to back him if he actually put out product. He needs to put out good music ASAP, **** 6 months that tape might come in 6 days.

I love Future but Meek won't reach his level? 😂 what level is that exactly?

How is not mentioning Drake suicidal..it's over...dude lost? Any diss record..bar... directed and Drake at this point is gonna backfire and have people talking about how bad he lost rather than the music...why do that? Jay got "Ethered" by Nas, did he ever speak on it again after Super Ugly? Nope. Homie got back to the music. Meek needs to take a page out of his idols book.

That's not what happen See: Blueprint 2'

And that was one of the best disses in the beef and people give it props now but when it came out Jay looked corny because so much time had passed. So no he def shouldn't take a page out. I say Meek has 3 choices

1) Address like Tip did Flip or Game did G-Unit. Possibly suicidal but if you got some dirt and spit hard it might could help if people get tired of Drake.
2) Don't address other than a 2 bar subliminal (These n's not writing and yall mad I told the truth) something like that
3) Don't address it at all and make good music
post #10648 of 14593
And yall foolish to think this beef didn't hurt Meek mean.gif
post #10649 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgebones72 View Post

Basically.

Ya'll acting like Meek's fanbase is enough to give him huge sales.

The casual listeners are the ones who give you the big numbers.

I could care less about Meek or Drake, but I do know that you can't go gold off of just street cats feeling you.

You have to look at who's actually paying for music.

I don't agree with this..like I mention before If I was a street rapper I could less about mainstream appeal..I actually believed this is what got meek in trouble in the first place..thinking mainstream America cares enough about if someone writes there own music or not..there was time when people cared but not now..nowadays you have to give up so much to crossover I much rather do my street music..sale my little 150,000 and make my money doing shows..no one really going triple platinum like puffy or jay-z so the risk isn't worth the reward to me no more..it's penty of street artist doing just fine off show money..plus they doesn't have to do songs with Taylor swift or Justin timberlake.
post #10650 of 14593
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick View Post

And yall foolish to think this beef didn't hurt Meek mean.gif

Hurt him to who?

The people who weren't checking for him in the first place?

At the end of the day it's about the music he makes. If he goes back to making hot music, he'll be ok. That's been his main problem. He's searching for an identity and a formula.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**