NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016** - Page 244

post #7291 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVmatic32 View Post

Lupe made a long post about "getting help" and how rampant it is in rap, how it always has been.

We have a video of Ye helping Jay.

Ghostface admits Rae wrote verses for the whole Wu.

Drake never tried to hide the fact that he had people helping him.

The fact that no one within the industry is taking Meek's side kind of speaks to how prevalent it is.

Thank you...I've heard more artists and industry folks say how common this is rather than calling Drake fraud. I would like to believe Jay, Big, Pac....wrote every hook, every bar; but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
post #7292 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico x Hood View Post

That ad is so disrespectful. I don't which company is worse when it comes to exploiting rap to target blacks. McDonalds or Sprite.

McDonalds by faaaaaaaar. Cringeworthy how racially insensitive and stereotypical those ads are. Almost comical in a sense.
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #7293 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

richard pryor had ghostwriters but hes still considered a great

but mike epps slandered kevin hart for having ghostwriters, people always hate on the current generations great

Everyone knows about Paul Mooney laugh.gif He became famous from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinKazama View Post

Thank you...I've heard more artists and industry folks say how common this is rather than calling Drake fraud. I would like to believe Jay, Big, Pac....wrote every hook, every bar; but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

If it's so common, where are all these other reference tracks?
post #7294 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

-We know Jay used tons of Big's lyrics and we ignore it. Dude gets a flat pass for it

-A couple reference tracks means what for Drake? You don't consider him a legend? Fine, do you. You don't take him serious as an M (doubt you did before this anyway) but fine, do you. Congrats you have an opinion

-But you wanna dictate to others how they should view the guy. Hardly anyone has made an argument for Drake being legend, just that he is the best of the current generation. But dudes seemed to be rustled by ole boy's lyrics and a couple Sprite billboards.

-All I'm saying is that with all the foolishness I ignore from rappers. reference track ranks pretty follow. Especially since bar sharing seems to be common and always had

But I'm not allowed to reach that conclusion based off a few rumors, rappers interviews and articles, but it is cool for you to paint Drake as having never bar in his life like he is Puffy.

Whatever B laugh.gif

I'm over here drowning in your hypocrisy laugh.gif

-BTW; if any of my word rustle you, you can come see me: 84 Rainey Street, Arlen, Texas...... Ask for Hank

Jay used a ton?

How many albums and songs has he done laugh.gif And how has he gotten a pass when people like you try to bring it up. He does this every song? He uses entire verses of Biggie's? He's recreated Big's songs?

You're really reaching

Where's that Jay reference track? I'm sure there's a ton of money in it. Is Dame saying Jay did it too?

How many of Quentin Miller's lines has Drake used?

Compared to his entire body of work?

You feel, on flimsy evidence it is ok to paint him as a fraud. Yet you can't see the hypocrisy of your position

laugh.gif Ok brah, you got it

This one goes out to you brah smokin.gif

Edited by RustyShackleford - 8/3/15 at 11:41am
post #7295 of 14477

why couldnt drake just be a good dude and put money in quentins pockets, dude was working at a bakery

 

the last album was supposed to be a mixtape anyway

post #7296 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

why couldnt drake just be a good dude and put money in quentins pockets, dude was working at a bakery

the last album was supposed to be a mixtape anyway

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
For Sale: Nike KD 7 size 13 worn
$100 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
For Sale: Nike KD 7 size 13 worn
$100 (USD) or best offer
  
Reply
post #7297 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

we dont respect greatness until its gone
just ask lebron

Unless Bron on roids , idk where the hell that came from .
post #7298 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyHendrix View Post

You just said it.  "WE" are having the conversation.  The Rappers and others that are actually in the game are not outraged right now.   Not one rapper interviewed about it even batted an eyelash at it lol.   Not one relevant rapper is behind meek on this one (save the conspiracy theories please grin.gif ).   Gunplay even said he's siding with Meek because he is his labelmate, but disagreed with Meek going at the writer thing.

Just because average joes are under the fantasy that their favorite songs are 100% pen and pad 100% of the time, doesnt make it true.  
There are things called industry practices, that are common to any industry.  These are things that are well known to people inside,and is what helps deliver the product, but arent talked about to consumers of that industry because well....its none of their concern.  And It takes the magic away from it. Its not a secret, but just on a Need-To-Know basis.   Theres alot of other things that go on in the industry besides collaborating on tracks and references that people would be suprised about also.   Sharing bars is not even a drop in the bucket.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



You contradicted yourself. If his peers are openly discussing this, then that means the conversation certainly extends beyond "we"... Does it not?

I could care less about meek vs Drake. I'm speaking specifically on Drake and his use of writers. In that very same interview Gunplay stated very clearly that HE doesn't do it. Again...if it were commonplace why is it such a widely debated topic right now? I just gave you the same scenario using r&b. Don't you agree that if this were r&b it wouldn't be front page news because its widely known that writers are used in r&b?

Hell, dudes like ne-yo and the-dream were publicly hearalded as writers before they even launched their solo careers as artists.

What "hip-hop writers" do we know of right now that are heralded for their work on other artists' songs?
post #7299 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerific703 View Post


roll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

everybody doesnt want the attention and doing all these shows and going on tour

 

why not just make music and sell it to the hottest rapper out and get royalty checks

post #7300 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post

Everyone knows about Paul Mooney laugh.gif He became famous from it.
If it's so common, where are all these other reference tracks?

Where's the gun Hernandez used...? Do we think he's any less guilty?

If it's so uncommon and Drake is so cocky and hated where is the rest of the industry to fry this cat? If all these dudes wrote every bar and every line they'd be lining up to come at Drake; yet everybody interviewed mumbles and says...but I write all mine though. Come on man...this isn't the rap you grew up on homie, times have changed Rap is mainstream now and makes a lot of people a lot of money. I think dudes do whatever it takes to get that check and stay on top.

Like I said; I'd like to think my all-time greats wrote every letter of all those albums but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if they didn't.
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
"A battle of wits...with me? That's not what you want..."

#NTDENIM for life
Reply
post #7301 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS NAGA View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyHendrix View Post

You just said it.  "WE" are having the conversation.  The Rappers and others that are actually in the game are not outraged right now.   Not one rapper interviewed about it even batted an eyelash at it lol.   Not one relevant rapper is behind meek on this one (save the conspiracy theories please grin.gif ).   Gunplay even said he's siding with Meek because he is his labelmate, but disagreed with Meek going at the writer thing.

Just because average joes are under the fantasy that their favorite songs are 100% pen and pad 100% of the time, doesnt make it true.  
There are things called industry practices, that are common to any industry.  These are things that are well known to people inside,and is what helps deliver the product, but arent talked about to consumers of that industry because well....its none of their concern.  And It takes the magic away from it. Its not a secret, but just on a Need-To-Know basis.   Theres alot of other things that go on in the industry besides collaborating on tracks and references that people would be suprised about also.   Sharing bars is not even a drop in the bucket. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

You contradicted yourself. If his peers are openly discussing this, then that means the conversation certainly extends beyond "we"... Does it not?

I could care less about meek vs Drake. I'm speaking specifically on Drake and his use of writers. In that very same interview Gunplay stated very clearly that HE doesn't do it. Again...if it were commonplace why is it such a widely debated topic right now? I just have you the same scenario using r&b. Don't you agree that if this were r&b it wouldn't be front page news because its widely known that writers are used in r&b?

Hell, dudes like ne-yo and the-dream were publicly hearalded as writers before they even launched their solo careers as artists.

What "hip-hop writers" do we know of right now that are heralded for their work on other artists' songs?


No contradiction.  The rappers are talking about it because we (including bloggers) are asking in interviews.  They arent coming out on their own and speaking on it.   Either way, All of the answers are the same though.  "Not a big deal",  "So?",  "I dont do it, but it happens".  

 

To clarify, just because it is commonplace doesnt mean that "all" rappers do it.  It doesnt have to be one extreme or another.

 

Drake writes, Future writes, 50 writes, Cass writes, Jay writes, TI writes, Ludacris writes, Eminem writes, the list goes on.   If all these people are writing songs, verses, hooks, bars, etc you really think nobody is buying them?:lol

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7302 of 14477
http://www.mtv.com/news/2228640/rappers-ghostwriters-hip-hop/

Again...if this is so widely practiced...why do rappers themselves use this as a way to slight other rappers?
post #7303 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballerific703 View Post

roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Drake has never tried to hide it? He's came out and claimed he's writing songs that others have confirmed that they wrote. He's never admitted to using a ghost writer or anything. That's hiding it.

I don't think you guys understand how big of a deal a rapper using a reference track is. I have a friend that has written reference tracks for R&B singers and pop stars, even a couple of rappers. They basically write a whole damn song for you. That's the huge issue.

It's cool, keep listening to Drake and being a fan but don't insult rap music by acting like everyone is doing this.

Mad rappers have borrowed and flipped BIG and Pac lines, that's not new but reference songs mean.gif

So when I post the article where Drake talks about working with Shi Wisdom (I think) and how it helps to have someone solely focused on lyrics while he figures out the cadence and melody for a song, do I get a cookie? There's numerous examples of him talking about working with people on lyrics.
rev
Reply
rev
Reply
post #7304 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

How many of Quentin Miller's lines has Drake used?

Compared to his entire body of work?

You feel, on flimsy evidence it is ok to paint him as a fraud. Yet you can't see the hypocrisy of your position

laugh.gif Ok brah, you got it

This one goes out to you smokin.gif

Again, so every song Jay does it? Jay uses it as a crutch to craft entire songs?

You're comparing someone who has released albums for nearly 20 years to Drake? Drake isn't just using it for material but also flow.

A normal verse has 16-32 bars. If Jay uses one or two bars in a song. What about the other 80? And again, is he doing it every song.

How can you even remotely say it's the same?
post #7305 of 14477

drake getting reference tracks discredits all his earlier work?

post #7306 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVmatic32 View Post


So when I post the article where Drake talks about working with Shi Wisdom (I think) and how it helps to have someone solely focused on lyrics while he figures out the cadence and melody for a song, do I get a cookie? There's numerous examples of him talking about working with people on lyrics.

I would like to see it

post #7307 of 14477
How many lines about ghostwriters have we heard throughout hip hop? Kendrick and Krit have very recent examples where they speak on it as a slight.

If its so accepted and commonplace... Why do so many rappers speak on it with negative connotations?
post #7308 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

drake getting reference tracks discredits all his earlier work?

Does Rick Ross CO past discredit his drug dealing claims?
post #7309 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post
 

im starting to think meek paid ab to expose cass

 

Wouldn't it be something if now drake pays him to expose meek.

post #7310 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post


Does Rick Ross CO past discredit his drug dealing claims?

no because crooked co's are everywhere

post #7311 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

How many of Quentin Miller's lines has Drake used?

Compared to his entire body of work?

You feel, on flimsy evidence it is ok to paint him as a fraud. Yet you can't see the hypocrisy of your position

laugh.gif Ok brah, you got it

This one goes out to you smokin.gif

Again, so every song Jay does it? Jay uses it as a crutch to craft entire songs?

You're comparing someone who has released albums for nearly 20 years to Drake? Drake isn't just using it for material but also flow.

A normal verse has 16-32 bars. If Jay uses one or two bars in a song. What about the other 80? And again, is he doing it every song.

How can you even remotely say it's the same?

And Drake has done it on every song?

How many of QM lines has he used compared his entire body of work with stands at 4 albums and 2 highly regard mixtapes

Yet you label Drake as some type of fraud that should be regard in the same regard as Puffy and Dre (MC wise) based on that same of evidence

But give Jay-Z a pass.

Brah, you drowning in you own hypocrisy
post #7312 of 14477

Off that for a second.  Interesting interview with Charlemagne talking about how he was offered the reference tracks as well.  There's alot more to this than we know.  Also gained a new respect for Charlemagne.

 

 

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7313 of 14477
If we are all being honest really have no idea how many Rappers over hip hop history have had help... And how much help.... They way most have been talking it's just not that unusually... And like Cassidy said in that video... If they're big stars and are all around the world doing things and taking care of business how much time do they really have to write?

I think that the big reason almost nobody has spoke on it because it's just not that unusual...

We don't have proof either way tho... So I don't understand what the argument is about...

Only one that would really have me feeling a certain way would be Pac... If I found out he didn't write a lot of his stuff... frown.gif
post #7314 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

And Drake has done it on every song?

How many of QM lines has he used compared his entire body of work with stands at 4 albums and 2 highly regard mixtapes

Yet you label Drake as some type of fraud that should be regard in the same regard as Puffy and Dre (MC wise) based on that same of evidence

But give Jay-Z a pass.

Brah, you drowning in you own hypocrisy

No, you are trying to deflect from Drake not writing.

So if it matters that 2 out of 90 bars are Big's. Ok you won that argument that doesn't compare.

So are you saying Drake is less of a writer then? Because that's your point?

So according to you it doesn't matter if a rapper doesn't write his own lyrics. Salt N Pepa and Queen Latifah...doesn't matter, Queen Latifah should get the credit and not Apache. Puff should get the credit instead of Los, Sauce Money, Jay, Nas and the tons of writers he's used. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

no because crooked co's are everywhere

But it does though
post #7315 of 14477

Man the first and only time i ever heard of Ar-ab was through a youtube where this delusional fool wanted to sign him over a phone call.. then when ar-ab backs out he starts calling him a n-er .

 

Gangsta rapper* getting disrespected by a dweeb 

 

 

 

post #7316 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godry View Post

I would like to see it

It was Kenza not Shi Wisdom.

"Who helped me write on“Connect” [11] is this girl Kenza. She’s a great girl and a phenomenal poetry writer. We just sit together and come up with the best way to say things. [12] Actually, me and her did [the lyric] “love people and use things and not the other way around.” It’s cool to get another creative mind in there, just someone who’s thinking solely about the words and not the melodies and placement. It’s nice to read her poetry sometimes, I’ll take from that."

http://www.complex.com/music/2015/07/drake-ghostwriting-collaborating

This was all out in the open before the Meek Mill suicide tweet.
rev
Reply
rev
Reply
post #7317 of 14477

how does ross being a co means he never sold drugs?

post #7318 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford View Post

And Drake has done it on every song?

How many of QM lines has he used compared his entire body of work with stands at 4 albums and 2 highly regard mixtapes

Yet you label Drake as some type of fraud that should be regard in the same regard as Puffy and Dre (MC wise) based on that same of evidence

But give Jay-Z a pass.

Brah, you drowning in you own hypocrisy

No, you are trying to deflect from Drake not writing.

So if it matters that 2 out of 90 bars are Big's. Ok you won that argument that doesn't compare.

So are you saying Drake is less of a writer then? Because that's your point?

So according to you it doesn't matter if a rapper doesn't write his own lyrics. Salt N Pepa and Queen Latifah...doesn't matter, Queen Latifah should get the credit and not Apache. Puff should get the credit instead of Los, Sauce Money, Jay, Nas and the tons of writers he's used. Right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

no because crooked co's are everywhere

But it does though

Stop with the red herrings.

It is a bad look that Drake used reference tracks. I said that from the jump

It is a bad look that Jay jacked so many bars off of dude. I have always thought that

Both of those facts don't make me like their music any less

Which part of that can't you understand

-And I'm not deflecting, I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy
post #7319 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

how does ross being a co means he never sold drugs?

But Ross is the poster child for fraud rappers though. When people say rappers are faruds. I ask who, name names besides Ross. Because I know a lot more with criminal records who were in the streets. I never get any names though.

Stop playing naive.
post #7320 of 14477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1978 View Post


But Ross is the poster child for fraud rappers though. When people say rappers are faruds. I ask who, name names besides Ross. Because I know a lot more with criminal records who were in the streets. I never get any names though.

Stop playing naive.

hes considered a fraud because stupid people think being a co means cop and co's cant do dirt

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**