NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016** - Page 247

post #7381 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@Pastor GLO Remember how u dudes said the rap music u know is dead, well the trap music u know has evolved also. Trap went mainstream just like regular music, hip hop in general has softened up, thug represents trap in some peoples eyes.

nah its been mainstream, jeezy and ti made it mainstream, its just these new dudes call anything trap music

i never knew trap dudes had blonde dreads, skinny jeans and singing

post #7382 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@@011781 besides guys like nas I couldn't listen to any rapper acapella bruh, that takes away from the music in general.

 

I could listen to Royce without a beat.... Fred the Godson.... 3000..... and a number of other people

 

basically, would you want to hear Future spitting on the corner in a cypher?

 

i surely wouldn't.

#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
post #7383 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

nah its been mainstream, jeezy and ti made it mainstream, its just these new dudes call anything trap music
i never knew trap dudes had blonde dreads, skinny jeans and singing

Since when was the look tied to the genre?

What is the "trap uniform" supposed to be?
post #7384 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@@011781 besides guys like nas I couldn't listen to any rapper acapella bruh, that takes away from the music in general.

 

I could listen to Royce without a beat.... Fred the Godson.... 3000..... and a number of other people

 

basically, would you want to hear Future spitting on the corner in a cypher?

 

i surely wouldn't.


That's not what Future is aiming for though.  Everyone doesnt listen to music riding a subway with an empty backpack lol.  Some people like to dance in the club or get hype sometimes. Some people want some live music to ride to.  Some people like to hear about happy subjects, having fun and f'n b****s.   Everybody not tryna be put to sleep with raps about the struggle all the time. There's a lane for every type of music.   Rap music would be wack if everyone aimed to be a good "cypher" rapper.

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7385 of 13998
The idea of Future on the corner in a cypher made me sensiblechuckle.gif
rev
Reply
rev
Reply
post #7386 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSS NAGA View Post


Since when was the look tied to the genre?

What is the "trap uniform" supposed to be?

just how dudes clowned "gangsta rappers" wearing shiny suits

post #7387 of 13998
Well what's the trap rap uni? Tall tee, waves (@MrWavez no shots) and girbauds? Once rap evolved every branch of rap music evolved. It ain't just trap rappers looking that part, look at weezy.
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
Outta this world jupitar jack
Reply
post #7388 of 13998

trap music used to be believable, now dudes look like they just came from walking at fashion show

 

dudes call drake soft but "trap dudes" dressing softer than drake

post #7389 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyHendrix View Post
 


That's not what Future is aiming for though.  Everyone doesnt listen to music riding a subway with an empty backpack lol.  Some people like to dance in the club or get hype sometimes. Some people want some live music to ride to.  Some people like to hear about happy subjects, having fun and f'n b****s.   Everybody not tryna be put to sleep with raps about the struggle all the time. There's a lane for every type of music.   Rap music would be wack if everyone aimed to be a good "cypher" rapper.



point is.... his beats MAKE the songs, not him.....IMO, you're not a good rapper if you're an after thought in your own songs

 

I could honestly make a Future album if you gave me these beats and accepted me whining dope boy stories in auto-tune

#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
post #7390 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post
 

this Future album is stupid...

 

knew listening to this was a bad idea....

 

:rollin

 

****** around and let NT hype you up.

 

I'll never forget how mad I was at NT for making me watch Cloverfield :{

 

Never again.


BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply

BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply
post #7391 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyHendrix View Post
 


That's not what Future is aiming for though.  Everyone doesnt listen to music riding a subway with an empty backpack lol.  Some people like to dance in the club or get hype sometimes. Some people want some live music to ride to.  Some people like to hear about happy subjects, having fun and f'n b****s.   Everybody not tryna be put to sleep with raps about the struggle all the time. There's a lane for every type of music.   Rap music would be wack if everyone aimed to be a good "cypher" rapper.



point is.... his beats MAKE the songs, not him.....IMO, you're not a good rapper if you're an after thought in your own songs

 

I could honestly make a Future album if you gave me these beats and accepted me whining dope boy stories in auto-tune


The beats make the songs TO YOU lol.  Alot of future fans like his lyrics, melody, cadence, etc.  Not the complexity of the words, but what he's saying and how he says it.  Doesn't have to have double and triple entendres to be good content.  Everyone has a story to tell whether it is about the struggle, uplift, drug addiction, f****n b****s, strip clubs, etc.   Thats the beauty of music.  Expression.

 

I understand if you just dont like Future's music though.  I respect that.  Everything isnt going to be liked by everyone

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7392 of 13998
Cloverfield was dope.
rev
Reply
rev
Reply
post #7393 of 13998

The Meek thread really turned into the Music Forum TAN :rollin:rollin:hat 

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7394 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@MrWavez ds2 is not a classic. Monster and 56 nights are classics. Ds1 also. Crazy how I feel like that about drake, unless I'm drunk in the club and yolo comes on its unlistenable to me.

 

Yall throw the word classic around like its nothing.

 

You can't just walk the streets callin every old head an O.G.

 

You gotta earn that my guy.

 

Future has 0 classics.


BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply

BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply
post #7395 of 13998

I feel you @ShimmyHendrix ... I could understand people liking his cadence for sure

#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
post #7396 of 13998

dudes just took the futuristic swag rap style and called it trap music because portraying a drug dealer is the wave

 

future is basically thug without the rainbow antics, i dont see the difference

post #7397 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmyHendrix View Post
 

The Meek thread really turned into the Music Forum TAN :rollin:rollin:hat 

 

Lol... bruh....I swear I almost typed that

 

Tweet Mi-L's need to regroup and get his life together

#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
post #7398 of 13998

Difference is I can understand what Future is saying.

 

I honestly sometimes think Thugga moans a bar here n there mixed with words.


BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply

BENGALS l BUCKEYES l LAKERS
Reply
post #7399 of 13998

thug is more melodic but his music is better than futures

 

maybe because london and dun deal>>>>>metro and 808 mafia

post #7400 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor GLO View Post

trap music used to be believable, now dudes look like they just came from walking at fashion show

dudes call drake soft but "trap dudes" dressing softer than drake
Yea really man I 1st heard the term TRAP on AQUEMINI in 98' I was in like 7th Grade & when I brought the CD like you said it was believable back in the day now it's very corny when NICKI made BEEZ IN THE TRAP I knew it was over.....These dudes are just copy cats telling the same cliches that from TRAP RAPPERS from the late 90's & 00's said I BEEN HUSTLING SINCE 13, I AIN'T NO RAPPER, I'M DOING IT FOR THE ****** IN THE STREETS & on & on & on listen to these new cats interviews you gonna here one of those things....Dudes still rapping about cookin in the kitchen dude it's 2015 ain't no more money in the crack game....
post #7401 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@MrWavez ds2 is not a classic. Monster and 56 nights are classics. Ds1 also. Crazy how I feel like that about drake, unless I'm drunk in the club and yolo comes on its unlistenable to me.

nah ds2 is strong & I wasnt even rocking with fam on ds1 like that
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post

Rich Homie Quan is Future minus the auto-tune and mumbling.....

Quan is like the translation of Future

rape homie quan wish he was that close to future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWavez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@MrWavez ds2 is not a classic. Monster and 56 nights are classics. Ds1 also. Crazy how I feel like that about drake, unless I'm drunk in the club and yolo comes on its unlistenable to me.

I actually like DS2 the most. He should've saved march madness for that though lol. That song is ridiculous lol.

as fam from that huffington post interview said

he should put MM on DS2 just so we could pay for that gospel
post #7402 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post

Rich Homie Quan is Future minus the auto-tune and mumbling.....

Quan is like the translation of Future

Which is funny, cause Quan makes Future sound like 01 Jay-Z. Quan is ******* terrible
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
post #7403 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Game View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post

Rich Homie Quan is Future minus the auto-tune and mumbling.....

Quan is like the translation of Future

Which is funny, cause Quan makes Future sound like 01 Jay-Z. Quan is ******* terrible

again rape homie quan WISHES he was honestly thought of in the same relm as Hendrix laugh.gif
post #7404 of 13998

i respect quan because hes one of the few south dudes not on that trap ****

 

play that flex at a party its over

post #7405 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by 011781 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willchamberlain View Post

@@011781 besides guys like nas I couldn't listen to any rapper acapella bruh, that takes away from the music in general.

I could listen to Royce without a beat.... Fred the Godson.... 3000..... and a number of other people

basically, would you want to hear Future spitting on the corner in a cypher?

i surely wouldn't.

I wouldn't listen to Future acapella cause him + the beat is what does wonders. I wouldn't listen to Fred The Godson acapella cause he's boring and there's like 10 other rappers in his lane that does what he does way better than him.
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
Houston Texans Seattle Seahawks Houston Rockets
Seattle Supersonics Houston Oilers
Reply
post #7406 of 13998
Smh at this future slander. Yall don't get it....yet.

To understand Future, I say listen to "Codeine Crazy", then "Throw Away". Particularly the second part. And then "My Savages" and "Just like bruddas". If you can't see the depth and emotion and content in his lyrics, you may be just blind.
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
Ravens, O's, Nuggets, Jazz
Reply
post #7407 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Game View Post


I wouldn't listen to Future acapella cause him + the beat is what does wonders. I wouldn't listen to Fred The Godson acapella cause he's boring and there's like 10 other rappers in his lane that does what he does way better than him.

 

 

Fred got bars man.... won't even listen to Godson slander... won't do it lol

#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
#TEAMAdidas

ADIDAS EQT SUPPORT ADV 91-16 (WHITE) US11 - $120
Reply
post #7408 of 13998

Quan was nice back when Still Goin In dropped.  Back when he sounded hungry and actually rapped about something.  

 

He fell off hard when he went the Rich Gang route and started gettin washed by Thug on every track :{:{

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7409 of 13998
Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyCrocket View Post

Smh at this future slander. Yall don't get it....yet.

To understand Future, I say listen to "Codeine Crazy", then "Throw Away". Particularly the second part. And then "My Savages" and "Just like bruddas". If you can't see the depth and emotion and content in his lyrics, you may be just blind.


Dont forget Hardly.  That second verse :{....

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply

KAΨ - ΦNΠ

Reply
post #7410 of 13998
I can believe believe a rapper like Fred the godson might have bars, the problem is there are about 35 other rappers that deserve a listen before I'd even get to his music. So there's no point.
"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
"Males shouldn't be jealous that's a female trait"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › **Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV September 2016**