NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › :::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread:::
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread::: - Page 2

post #31 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

I will be the first to admit I am not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to college prospects.  I never even heard the name Aldon Smith until his name was called when we drafted him.  But I do know most of the marquee players.

With that being said, is there really a WR worth trading up to get this year?  I mean, is there a Julio Jones type player that would be worth selling the farm for?  I know Sammy Watkins, and if he is the best WR available (which I clearly dont know), I dont think he warrants trading a ton of picks to move up to take.

Am I wrong here?

even Julio wasn't worth it
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #32 of 34527
Kap is known for being the first to arrive to practice. He was training the day after the superbowl.
post #33 of 34527
I honestly think Mike Evans is going to be a big time stud in the NFL, I'd love to have him on the squad.

I think Kiper has us taking Beckham Jr from LSU (assuming we dont trade up)

I also think Jeremy Gallon (WR from Michigan) will be a very good player, I love that guys game.
nthat.gifLAKESHOW//49ERS//LA KINGS//MAN CITY//HALOS. nthat.gif
Reply
nthat.gifLAKESHOW//49ERS//LA KINGS//MAN CITY//HALOS. nthat.gif
Reply
post #34 of 34527
How many picks do we have? (including the one we got from KC for Alex doing well)
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
post #35 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23 View Post

How many picks do we have? (including the one we got from KC for Alex doing well)

13


D-Line or WR 1st round should be the move. No need to move up but with all them damn picks, might as well if you fall in love with a player
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #36 of 34527
I agree with most of ya'll. I think we have to pick up some DBs, a receiver(or two), Dlinemen, and maybe a running back.

Rogers should go.
Dixon should go.


Idk about Hitner.
Idk about Brown(plays inconsistent at times.)
Idk about LMJ.

Keep Reid.
Keep Boldin.

As far as thing we have to improve on:

Short, quick passes.
More screens, throws on the flat.
Kaep developing rhythm, plays to help him accomplish that.
Kaep training in the pocket A LOT.
Receivers breaking away from coverage(VD).
Passing plays for RBs.
Consistent Pass Rush.
Sharping our Pass D as a whole.
post #37 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvesterMcGrizzly View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23 View Post

How many picks do we have? (including the one we got from KC for Alex doing well)

13


D-Line or WR 1st round should be the move. No need to move up but with all them damn picks, might as well if you fall in love with a player

More importantly than 13 total, we have 6 in the first three rounds.

post #38 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

More importantly than 13 total, we have 6 in the first three rounds.

true sir. If Quinton and Tank can actually progress and stay healthy, then i could see them packaging a couple 3's and a 2 to move up in the 2nd or possible back end of the 1st
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #39 of 34527
in regards to kaep's ability to put touch on a pass...I remember the knock on favre when he was young was that he was a slinger every time he dropped back, but eventually he learned how to throw the occasional soft/shuttle pass. not comparing kaep to favre, but just saying that kaep can be coached out of the habit of throwing darts
post #40 of 34527
Dont forget we got Cully coming back next year pimp.gif

Hopefully we can keep Brown (cut Rogers) and/or draft a talented DB in the draft.


Also, this one is kind've random but what do you guys think about Kadeem Carey out of the U of A? I think this guy can be a big time player, with Gore getting a little bit older, LMJ not being a go-to/every down back, Hunters contract expiring after next season (I think he could start on a lot of teams and is my #1 choice to take over for Gore if/when he leaves) and not knowing what Lattimore will be able to do I dont think it's such a bad idea to draft this kid if he falls late enough.
nthat.gifLAKESHOW//49ERS//LA KINGS//MAN CITY//HALOS. nthat.gif
Reply
nthat.gifLAKESHOW//49ERS//LA KINGS//MAN CITY//HALOS. nthat.gif
Reply
post #41 of 34527
I'm excited to see Hunter be an everydown back..the dude's got burners and when he hits that second level, he's good as gone. imagine hunters speed with frank's vision...

I don't think we need to actively pursue a back in the draft, unless like you said, one slips to the later rounds. in fact, I'd prefer a rb that plays with a chip on his shoulder after falling in the draft
post #42 of 34527
Hate to see LMJ go, dude put in work in the playoffs. Hopefully he finds a team that knows how to use him.
post #43 of 34527
put in work? we must have a different definition of what putting in work is.....
post #44 of 34527

-Cully takes over Los spot so we have T-Brock, Cully, and hopefully P-Cox in the secondary and maybe E. Wright for cheap/backup.

 

Players probably gone:

 

-Los

-Goodwin (Kilgore should take his spot)

-Boobie

-LMJ

-T-Brown (I think the T-Brock extension solidifed his faith)

 

 

-Gore gotta restructure or I'd cut him honestly.

-Hopefully we can re-sign BOTH Boldin and Whitner. 3 yr 12-15mil MAX.

SINCE 2000....
Reply
SINCE 2000....
Reply
post #45 of 34527

i really wouldn't mind if whitner left, honestly. 

post #46 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100PROOF View Post

Quote:
Matt Barrows@mattbarrows 4s
Kap's car: On the first day off of the offseason, QB's car is first in the lot. http://instagram.com/p/jcPRdpD9Ez/
One of the comments said:
Quote:
He probably made up his mind to park there before he left his home
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
post #47 of 34527
Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.
post #48 of 34527
What about Mario? Do you think it's a wrap for him? I think he's worth resigning, Bolden, Crabtree, Mario and Davis? I can already taste the 2015 post season.
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
[ THE KLIQ ]
PSN: Raadius | Twitter: @Achilies_ | Instagram: Raadius
Reply
post #49 of 34527
As a talking head, you gotta feel comfortable uttering popular opinions sometimes and controversial stuff other times. I mean in this case there are good possibilities either way to analyze it. But bottom line is one team lost this time making the "right" read.
post #50 of 34527
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.

I argued with another Niner fan at work that it was the right read, just a bad throw.

With that said, we had two timeouts left, we didn't need to rush and punch it in.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS / TEAM BOXING / NT KANGZ
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS / TEAM BOXING / NT KANGZ
Reply
post #51 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.

 

 

the decision to throw to crabs was the correct choice, but the problems were the play formation and throw.

 

 

the niners had trips formation on one side and crabs on the other. the trips is designed to give you a 1 on 1 match up on the opposite side with lil safety help over the top. the problem here is that the niners should of flipped the play around and had crabs on the opposite side with Maxwell covering him. Richard Sherman was playing the left side of the field. Obviously the throw should of been more to the back pylon to give only crabs chance. Sherman made a hell of play that probably only he can make.

 

 

btw LMJ aint going nowhere. where is he going to go? baalke used a 2nd round pick on him, he's cheap and nobody is going to ask to trade for him with more than a 6th round pick.

post #52 of 34527
Thread Starter 
I'm having a hard time predicting out RBs next year.

I love Frank but he has clearly lost a step, and I think it's team before player so somebody needs to take his most of his snaps.

Ok so we let Hunter be #1. Are we placing Lattimore #2 and eventually let him take over the #1 duties or do you guys see Frank getting the #2. Do we play Hunter/Lattimore and give Frank the goal line runs?
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS / TEAM BOXING / NT KANGZ
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS / TEAM BOXING / NT KANGZ
Reply
post #53 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.

my problem with that play was kap making a predetermined throw in his head before the play even started. Like i said previously, I had no problem with the play itself. Just that it bugged me how kap can go into the huddle and be like 'yo, this ball is coming to you. no matter what.'

But of course, this has been one of his major flaw ...so that factored into why i smh at the play
post #54 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToL0se View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for you guys.......

So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,

Just curious to know your reaction to that.

my problem with that play was kap making a predetermined throw in his head before the play even started. Like i said previously, I had no problem with the play itself. Just that it bugged me how kap can go into the huddle and be like 'yo, this ball is coming to you. no matter what.'

But of course, this has been one of his major flaw ...so that factored into why i smh at the play

But see, thats where I think you are wrong bro.  It was stated that the play was called, Kap saw the coverage, and THEN determined based on his pre-snap read, that Crabtree would be his target.  What I just said is not the same thing as what you wrote that I bolded.

post #55 of 34527
Yea, like I said before the Kap throw was a good read but just a second late on the pass and maybe that was due to pass rush on his right side...

I can honestly see us not resigning Boldin depending on his asking price and drafting a speedy receiver to help spread the field... With Boldin and Crabtree the safeties don't have to worry about playing too deep because neither are fast runners
post #56 of 34527

And to sort of piggy back off of your post @ii FLaSh ii, the Seahawks have a TON of problems with the fast, shifty slot receivers.  I am starting to feel like this is the 90s again, when our offseason moves were all made with the idea of matching up with the Cowboys in mind.....and we are going to have to start tailoring our team's offseason moves to beat the Seahawks.  We have our core in place.  We need to add players that will help us beat them.  And to your point, adding a speedy Welker type receiver to run all over the field is just the type of player that would help us beat the Seahawks.


Edited by dland24 - 1/21/14 at 8:22pm
post #57 of 34527
@dland24 exactly... I think Patton can take over the outside... He's not big and physical like Boldin but I would be confident enough for him to take over... Having Vernon and a fast slot guy next to each other would be killer
post #58 of 34527
That was a predetermined readso that was the right play. Problem was the throw needed to be further to the outside so that only crab could get his hands on it or just go out of bounds. Brown is expendable but another corner needs to get drafted. Shouldve held on to Marcus Cooper. And gettin a Center wouldn't hurt either

Read some fan on bleacher report say they should trade aldon or Kap...smh
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #59 of 34527
I think Kaep made a good read, but it was a risky throw and a throw that needed to be perfect to be a TD. He needed to throw it so that either Crabtree gets it or it falls incomplete. Hindsight is 20/20; had that gone incomplete we wouldn't be having this conversation. It was a great play by Sherman, it's a game of inches and he made it happen.
The thing is we had timeouts left, had lots of time remaining; I wish they'd have settled down a bit and got their plays in before going for broke. If it was the last play of the game, people wouldn't have too much beef with the throw. There's so much on the line on that play...to put up a 50/50 ball in that situation is taking a huge risk, unfortunately for the 49ers it backfired.

Ultimately, great season, I'd take having a team have this success and have a shot at the SB rather than what we went through the previous ten years before Harbaugh. The losses are more heartbreaking, but at least you know they'll have a shot at it again next year. As a fan that's all you can ask for.
post #60 of 34527
Aldon getting suspended next year?
SINCE 2000....
Reply
SINCE 2000....
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › :::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread:::