NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › :::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread:::
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread::: - Page 3

post #61 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by tSamShoX View Post

Aldon getting suspended next year?

I read a while back that Aldon was unlikely to be suspended based on how serious he took the situation with his checking into rehab and what not.
Edited by dland24 - 1/21/14 at 8:35pm
post #62 of 34527
Cant wait for my season tix at Levis pimp.gif
follow me in IG: @thegodfresco, ill follow back
Reply
follow me in IG: @thegodfresco, ill follow back
Reply
post #63 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToL0se View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Question for you guys.......


So most if not all of you have expressed your opinion that Kap made the incorrect read on our last play of the game. I am not saying you are all wrong. However, I am curious to know your opinion on the fact that there have been many, many people who actually get paid to coach/analyze football, say that Kaepernick absolutely made the right read. Greg Cosell, NFl Films analyst, Ron Jaworski, and even our own head coach have all stated that it in fact was the correct read,


Just curious to know your reaction to that.


my problem with that play was kap making a predetermined throw in his head before the play even started. Like i said previously, I had no problem with the play itself. Just that it bugged me how kap can go into the huddle and be like 'yo, this ball is coming to you. no matter what.'


But of course, this has been one of his major flaw ...so that factored into why i smh at the play
But see, thats where I think you are wrong bro.  It was stated that the play was called, Kap saw the coverage, and THEN determined based on his pre-snap read, that Crabtree would be his target.  What I just said is not the same thing as what you wrote that I bolded.

no i get it.
i guess what i shouldve added is that if kap was dead set on crabtree on that play, i wouldve liked it if he had sold the play a bit more. look to his left to get the defense sliding instead of tunnel visioning crabs from the jump. The trailing lb watched kap the whole way and gravitated to crabs. At this point its all coulda shoulda woulda but thats my main gripe with kap. His ability or lack there of to look off defenders/scan the field. Im sure he'll improve in that area but its been so frustrating to watch him make single reads or lock onto wrs.

...let me alone brah. im just a depressed fan okay????!? laugh.gif

Oh and if crab came down with the td... welp, im sure id be singing a different tune. HOWEVER... his awareness would still bother me nerd.gif
post #64 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU View Post

Cant wait for my season tix at Levis pimp.gif

Im jealous laugh.gif

Hopefully I can make it out there at least one next seasoon
post #65 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tSamShoX View Post

Aldon getting suspended next year?

I read a while back that Aldon was unlikely to be suspended based on how serious he took the situation with his checking into rehab and what not.

Found the quote from Goodell:

"The issue here is not to discipline players. The issue here is to stop the behavior. And Aldon, to your point, has voluntarily said, 'I need help.' We are obviously there to support him, and the 49ers did a great job getting him into a facility to try to get that help. And so we all support that. So, yes, it will be factor, for sure."

With that being said, I hope Goodell is true to his word and Aldon wont have to serve a suspension. And yes I am aware that I quoted myself. laugh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU View Post

Cant wait for my season tix at Levis pimp.gif

And co-MFing-sign!!!! pimp.gif
post #66 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToL0se View Post

put in work? we must have a different definition of what putting in work is.....

My bad i meant last season.
post #67 of 34527
Finally home. Don't see any new SN's nobody got banned Sunday?

Definitely might make a trip back to Seattle when we play them next season.
post #68 of 34527
was looking at previous draft picks and my god 2012 was a disaster
post #69 of 34527
When it comes to draft prospects let's be reasonable Sammy Watkins is going top 5 so his name shouldn't come up. Not here to boast but, I feel like I'm usually very knowledgable about draft prospects. This year the player that interests me the most is a division II kid Pierre Desir 6-2 corner 4.45 speed who dominated his competition. He's gonna be a draft riser because the big corner is en vogue so to speak.
Edited by 49ersaaron8 - 1/22/14 at 7:06am
post #70 of 34527
Jeremy gallon from michigan a lot like Quinton Patton just a gamer. He will be available 3rd 4th round only 5"8
post #71 of 34527
Hey Fellas,

I lurked on the last two season threads, but would lilke to participate in this thread. Being married with a young son keeps me to contributing to one sports thread (Bulls) at a time.

Brief background about me: I'm a California (Ventura County) transplant living in ChiTown. There's a decent number of Niner fans here who are also transplants too. I'll say this, Chicagoans are always thankful for the Niners knocking out the Packers the last 2 years.

I'm looking forward to the draft and smart transactions by Baalke in the offseason. I'm not sure who I'd prefer to keep/restructure with the exception of Rogers. His skills have been in a decline. If Whitner has to go, so be it and hopefully a good SS can be drafted and developed like Reid.

For the RBs, I'd like to see what Lattimore has to bring and more use of Hunter and LMJ (screens, etc.)
BLACK 59 RAZOR
Reply
BLACK 59 RAZOR
Reply
post #72 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersaaron8 View Post

 This year the player that interests me the most is a division II kid Pierre Desir 6-2 corner 4.45 speed who dominated his competition. He's gonna be a draft riser because the big corner is en vogue so to speak.

He'd be a decent pickup with one of the 2nd or 3rd. Fill a need def. I wouldn't mind them selecting kyle fuller either in that range. Only thing that bothers me bout him are all the injuries
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #73 of 34527
Man, it still hurts bros.

I worked the day of the game.

Cant believe we lost NaVarro too smfh.

Trade some of these picks to get a legit receiver.

Bring back Boldin, fix up the secondary, cully should be back @ 100% same with Iupati.
post #74 of 34527
GONE:

Dixon
Goodwin
Rogers
Manningham

Trade LaMichael James for a draft pick (or just cut him) and then sign Jacoby Jones to be our return man.

Re-sign T.Brown.

Draft a corner in the 1st round, WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

Sign Kap long-term NOW so you can get him a little bit cheaper.

Aldon is staying, but I think they wait until next year to extend him.

I want Whitner to stay, not sure if another team will offer more money for him, but if so, let him go...

And unless Crabtree puts up atleast 1200 yards & 8-10 TD's next season, I think he's gone after next season...
Edited by JordanXI45 - 1/22/14 at 9:45am
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
Reply
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
Reply
post #75 of 34527

Why does everyone want Dixon gone?  Dude makes peanuts, and is one of the most versatile players on our team.

 

Also @JordanXI45, why do you think Crabtree is gone unless he puts up a monster season? 

post #76 of 34527
No way crabtree leaves. Who replaces him? Patton? Plus, the Niners are horrible at drafting good WR.
Edited by townbidness - 1/22/14 at 11:44am
post #77 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Why does everyone want Dixon gone?  Dude makes peanuts, and is one of the most versatile players on our team.

Also @JordanXI45
, why do you think Crabtree is gone unless he puts up a monster season? 


i think some want dixon gone because of whats been in the media. His rant about how he should be getting more PT and he thinking he is better than he actually is. Soooo...all of this probably translate into dixon wanting more $$ ? (this is obviously a guess)
otherwise, if he knows his place and accepts his role to the team, i'd love dixon back.
post #78 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Why does everyone want Dixon gone?  Dude makes peanuts, and is one of the most versatile players on our team.

Also @JordanXI45
, why do you think Crabtree is gone unless he puts up a monster season? 

I don't want Dixon gone, I actually like him & think he's a great part of the ST unit but just from reading a couple tweets of his, it doesn't sound like he thinks he'll be back with the team. I think some team will offer him a bit more than what he's making now and the Niners won't match.

I also think Lattimore will be taking Dixons role. He has the brighter future, maybe one day he can be the #1 RB here...Because IMO Hunter regressed this year and James will never be a #1 (we all know this).

The reason I think Crabtree will be gone at the end of his contract is that after paying Kap & Aldon + a couple FA's + 2 draft classes, I don't think the Niners will have money to match a big offer from another team. Who knows tho, I'd like it if he stays, but just don't see it, they can't keep everyone.
Edited by JordanXI45 - 1/22/14 at 12:25pm
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
Reply
Proud member of the NikeTalk community, since 01/19/2001.
Reply
post #79 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToL0se View Post

i think some want dixon gone because of whats been in the media. His rant about how he should be getting more PT and he thinking he is better than he actually is. Soooo...all of this probably translate into dixon wanting more $$ ? (this is obviously a guess)
otherwise, if he knows his place and accepts his role to the team, i'd love dixon back.

I also think it's just more of roster spot logistics.

We have:
RB's:
Gore
Lattimore (not sure how much he'll play in 2014 but he's still taking up a roster spot)
Hunter
James

FB's:
Bruce Miller
Tukuafu

Dixon just seems odd man out despite how talented and useful he's been. He's a player who understandably and deservedly wants more playing time and he's not likely gonna get that here with Niners unless they cut bait on James and Lattimore isn't quite ready to play a high number of snaps. I think Tukuafu is probably a fringe roster spot going into next season too unless Miller not going to be ready for start of next season.

Ideally we'd keep him and he'd be cool with his role but that's just not how things work realistically. One cause and effect of having a lot of depth at one position, players who aren't getting enough burn are gonna have the hunger to do more. All this along with how the team has to use their cap space wisely.

DALLAS MAVERICKS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SAN JOSE SHARKS

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."
Reply

DALLAS MAVERICKS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SAN JOSE SHARKS

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."
Reply
post #80 of 34527
Dixon is def expendable especially with Lattimore going to get a good look. If he's just half of what he was, Dixon can go tomorrow
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
http://penthouseplatitudes.podbean.com/?source=pb. WE CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON ITUNES, PLAY STORE, AND STITCHER APP. SEARCH PENTHOUSE PLATITUDES. PLEASE RATE AND REVIEW. PenthousePlatitudes@gmail.com nthat.gif
Reply
post #81 of 34527
Im one of the people that wants dixon back. He may get his screens during the offense. No idea why. but he is a baller on special teams. If the 49ers can get him back cheap i will be happy to see him back, but i have a feeling that a team will pay him good and maybe a chance to start.

Sad to say this but lamichael must go. He is not a return man and he doesnt fit in the offense. Get what you can and move on.
Edited by BenTrill - 1/22/14 at 1:12pm
 
Reply
 
Reply
post #82 of 34527

^Totally with you Ben.  Dixon is a standout player on our special teams unit, and I would argue he is one of the top 3 or 4 guys on that unit.

 

People forget because of our offense's (Kap's) inability to score a TD on the final drive of the Superbowl and the NFCCG on Sunday, that we had two MAJOR special team lapses that ultimately played a huge part in us losing those two games.  I just dont know how comfortable I am with saying goodbye to one of the few great special teamers we have, especially given what I just said.  If anything, we need to solidify our special teams, not take away one of the best players from it. 

 

Now, if Dixon refuses to re-sign to play special teams, that is a totally different story.  But for us to simply say we dont want to re-sign him is crazy to me.

 

Speaking of crazy thoughts (or what most of you would probably perceive as a crazy thought), I would rather us cut LaMichael James and re-sign Dixon than simply letting Dixon walk.  8o

post #83 of 34527
tongue.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingToL0se View Post

was looking at previous draft picks and my god 2012 was a disaster

@NothingToL0se

No kidding mean.gifsick.gif

These were the notable goofs I saw at first glance:

Round 1: #30th overall - AJ Jenkins

Since that was end of 1st round, let's look at who we passed on that got taken in 2nd round that we could have definitely used:
- Janoris Jenkins
- Alshon Jeffery sick.gif

Round 2: #61 overall - LaMichael James
- Mohamed Sanu
- T.Y. Hilton

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying the Niners should have taken Alshon and Sanu/Hilton back to back picks. Just pointing out those are WR's we could have had instead of that bum AJ Jenkins.

DALLAS MAVERICKS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SAN JOSE SHARKS

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."
Reply

DALLAS MAVERICKS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SAN JOSE SHARKS

"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."
Reply
post #84 of 34527
i love boobie's character but if the niners let go blake costanzo 2 seasons ago(who was a team guy, a better special teams player and a better backup at his position) then there's no doubt to me boobie is gone. he's 4th RB and emergency FB. Niners will likely draft another RB, jewel hampton will also be in the mix and another team will likely offer him a bigger role and slightly more money so boobie likely gone.


some thing is going to happen with frank this offseason whether it's a contract re-structure or possibly even being released. tough decisions ahead for paraag marathe, trent baalke and staff.
Edited by red80 - 1/22/14 at 1:35pm
post #85 of 34527

Letting Blake Costanzo go two years ago was indeed a mistake.  I see no reason to say "lets dump Dixon because we already dumped Costanzo, and he was better than Dixon."  Maybe we learned from our mistakes and are not planning on duplicating that again?  Who knows. 

post #86 of 34527
Rich get richer. 12 picks with Lattimore and Tank stashed from '13.

Another offseason for Q. Patton to digest the playbook and perfect his route-running.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #87 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanXI45 View Post

I also think Lattimore will be taking Dixons role. He has the brighter future, maybe one day he can be the #1 RB here...Because IMO Hunter regressed this year and James will never be a #1 (we all know this).
 

 

 

how did you come to the conclusion that hunter regressed with the workload he was provided? he averaged 4.9 carries per game and his yards per attempt were higher than frank's(4.6 vs 4.1). :rolleyes 

 

kendall hunter is more than a capable back.

post #88 of 34527
 
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Rich get richer. 12 picks with Lattimore and Tank stashed from '13.

Another offseason for Q. Patton to digest the playbook and perfect his route-running.

Not to correct you, but we actually have 13 picks in the upcoming draft.  And like I stated earlier in this thread (or the old one), we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. 

post #89 of 34527
Quote:
Originally Posted by dland24 View Post

Not to correct you, but we actually have 13 picks in the upcoming draft.  And like I stated earlier in this thread (or the old one), we have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. 
Please do. I value accuracy over ego.
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
REAL MADRID - EAGLES - SIXERS - BRUINS
INDIANS - OHIO STATE FOOTBALL - ARIZONA BASKETBALL
Reply
post #90 of 34527
Don't know if anyone cares but Tim Ryan from FOX will be joining Ted Robinsom next year replacing Eric Davis in the booth.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
SACRAMENTO KINGS
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › :::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2017 Offseason Thread:::