NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › MARVEL C U Thread - Dr. Strange Out Now - NEW GOTG2 Trailer Comes out Tomorrow
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MARVEL C U Thread - Dr. Strange Out Now - NEW GOTG2 Trailer Comes out Tomorrow - Page 146

post #4351 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Karate Kid was like a remake in name only. They switched up the whole story to make it different on purpose. Black family moves to China? C'mon son.

I still refuse to watch that movie. Waiting for a movie named batman to release with jaden smith in it wearing his white batman suit.
post #4352 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineblotters View Post

Yup, that's the one.

The karate kid remake took place in china.....


.....and the main character still wasnt asian sick.gif

LOL

true
post #4353 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

Margot Robbie is a pimp.gif  choice for Harley,feel like she could also easily pull off the accent based on her in TWOWS 

Off topic but where is your avy from?
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
"Dudes on NT made it out like she was Mewtwo and kept throwing their Pokéballs at her"

TEAM LATE NIGHT -- TEAM LAKERS -- TEAM 49ERS
Reply
post #4354 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23 View Post


Off topic but where is your avy from?

It's Milana Vayntrub from the AT&T ads :o

post #4355 of 33665
I would marry Milana right now.
...
Reply
...
Reply
post #4356 of 33665
post #4357 of 33665
Doesnt surprise me. Marvel has had some of the weirdest people write comics for em.

The guy who made a billion with Ashton Kutchers character in 2 and a half men, has written comics for Marvel. Grace Randolph has written comics for Marvel (im pretty sure she said so)
post #4358 of 33665
If you have published work and an editor likes it, good chances they'll ask you to write one of their comics as a try out first and then go from there. Always been that way with Marvel. Some times these unlikely sources turn out to be big hits in this medium.

When I read that earlier I did laugh cuz I thought CM Punk was a music group, some kind of rock band laugh.gif That it's a wrestler is funny. If you read his interview/quotes he has some history with Marvel and the writer Jason Aaron.
Edited by Master Zik - 11/10/14 at 10:16pm
post #4359 of 33665
Yeah CM Punk is a huge comic book fan. I'm not surprised this happened
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
post #4360 of 33665

Hiddleston Ragnarok last year

 

"I think there are very interesting things that happen," he said of the Ragnarok storyline. "In the mythology, when you get into Ragnarok, which is the 'end of all things', it's not the end of the world...It's the end of time, and the universe, and space. And I think, if I am correct...Loki essentially, sets that in motion. And his motivation for doing so is intriguing and he almost becomes the incarnation of chaos, in a way...So I think that can be quite new." He then continued, hinting at the inclusion of Sigyn, Loki's wife in the comic books. "In the myth, he has a wife called Sigyn who protects him from a poison serpent who is dripping venom into his mouth. And she has a bowl over his mouth and of course the bowl keeps filling up and she has to empty it, and so his damnation could be interesting. I don't know...I mean, Loki is a character who's existed in popular consciousness for 3,000 years, so there are many, many iterations I could explore...It's just a question of whether audiences would want to see him again." 

Christopher Yost, the writer, on Ragnarok

 

"Ragnarok is the end of all things," said Yost on Twitter. "What are we supposed to do, let people live?!" 

 

0]

 

I believe this Thor will do what Cap 2 did for Cap.

post #4361 of 33665
"Forget Raganrok, I'm your destruction" -Ghost Rider when Facing Thor in Marvel vs Capcom 3

Greatest fighting game ever
post #4362 of 33665
Never heard of Sigyn. But I havent been reading Thor for long. What was her ultimate fate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamekilla View Post


Greatest fighting game ever

keep dreaming
post #4363 of 33665
Don't know if this has been said but if we get another Punisher anything I vote Karl Urban as Frank Castle
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
post #4364 of 33665

I think the Punisher is going to be a character that just pops up in films. If he ever gets another solo anything, it'll be best to put it on Netflix.

post #4365 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineblotters View Post

Never heard of Sigyn. But I havent been reading Thor for long. What was her ultimate fate?
keep dreaming

Then what is? Capcom is the originator of fighting games
post #4366 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamekilla View Post



Then what is? Capcom is the originator of fighting games

And MvC 3 is one of their worst. MvC 3 is no better than DoA

MvC1, MvC 2, MK 9, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are all acceptable answers. MvC 3 is not. MvC 3 is hot garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay1 View Post

I think the Punisher is going to be a character that just pops up in films. If he ever gets another solo anything, it'll be best to put it on Netflix.

I think he will be in their Netflix universe.
post #4367 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineblotters View Post

And MvC 3 is one of their worst. MvC 3 is no better than DoA

MvC1, MvC 2, MK 9, Tekken 2, Tekken 3, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 are all acceptable answers. MvC 3 is not. MvC 3 is hot garbage.

MK9 indifferent.gif stop it blotters. How many of those games have you played in detail? I was nationally ranked in alpha 3 years ago so that is an acceptable answer but xmen vs street fighter, Marvel super heroes Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom 1,2 and 3 are all based off of the CPS 2, Street Fighter Alpha engine so in its absolute core it's street fighter alpha with marvel characters. I have played AT LEAST 1000+ hrs of both MVC 1 and MVC 2 and both of those games are EXTREMELY broken especially marvel 2. Unplayable if you're playing against the right people (Storm, Sentinel and Magneto) Never was too hot on Tekken but no 3D fighter is getting in that convo. The best fighting game 9 out of 10 people will tell you is Street Fighter 2 or 3. If you look at what capcom did with street fighter and the fact that the Japanese are so enamored with Marvel that capcom merged there franchise game with Marvel? C'mon. Marvel vs capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3>>>>>> just for the magnificent commentary between character alone. Capcom and Marvel made magic with that game, 10 years after it's precursor
post #4368 of 33665

MvC 3 GOAT? It's not even the best MvC game out there but I don't care what anyone says,Tekken 4 >>> everything to me :hat 

post #4369 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

MvC 3 GOAT? It's not even the best MvC game out there but I don't care what anyone says,Tekken 4 >>> everything to me pimp.gif  

indifferent.gif Tekken 4 REALLY isn't the best Tekken game though and that's just from the little I've played.

I'm convinced anyone who says Marvel 3 isn't the best fighting game, hasn't really played it past a couple of games. Depth, presentation, tongue in cheek references to Capcom's illustrious history and Marvel's 70+ years of Marvel lore. I don't remember characters interacting with each other in marvel 2. Iron man and Dr. Doom talk about Doomwars when they fight each other....DOOMWARS!
post #4370 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

MvC 3 GOAT? It's not even the best MvC game out there but I don't care what anyone says,Tekken 4 >>> everything to me pimp.gif  



post #4371 of 33665

 

 

 

It's the nostalgia of it that stays with me,it's still the most fun I've ever had playing a fighting game. I've played MvC3 and UMvC3 enough to last a lifetime thanks to my friends :lol.

 

Sure it is fun and I'll give you that it's probably the richest one in terms of Marvel lore and content that they added but once again,the nostalgia and good memories I've had with MvC2 are impossible to top. Another reason might also be cause of the fact that I always end up getting my *** handed to me in MvC3 *shrugs* :lol:\ 

post #4372 of 33665
post #4373 of 33665

post #4374 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay1 View Post

I think the Punisher is going to be a character that just pops up in films. If he ever gets another solo anything, it'll be best to put it on Netflix.

Regardless of where it goes, I think Karl Urban can do it. He's shown he'd do a tv show or a movie.
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
Dude smashed with the fervor of Martin, the power of Malcolm, the spirit of Douglass, and the elegance of Dubois.
 - FutureMD
Reply
post #4375 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamekilla View Post



MK9 indifferent.gif stop it blotters. How many of those games have you played in detail? I was nationally ranked in alpha 3 years ago so that is an acceptable answer but xmen vs street fighter, Marvel super heroes Vs. Street Fighter and Marvel Vs. Capcom 1,2 and 3 are all based off of the CPS 2, Street Fighter Alpha engine so in its absolute core it's street fighter alpha with marvel characters. I have played AT LEAST 1000+ hrs of both MVC 1 and MVC 2 and both of those games are EXTREMELY broken especially marvel 2. Unplayable if you're playing against the right people (Storm, Sentinel and Magneto) Never was too hot on Tekken but no 3D fighter is getting in that convo. The best fighting game 9 out of 10 people will tell you is Street Fighter 2 or 3. If you look at what capcom did with street fighter and the fact that the Japanese are so enamored with Marvel that capcom merged there franchise game with Marvel? C'mon. Marvel vs capcom 3/Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3>>>>>> just for the magnificent commentary between character alone. Capcom and Marvel made magic with that game, 10 years after it's precursor

You have to be trolling with this post. You simply have to.
post #4376 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptempo kid View Post

Don't know if this has been said but if we get another Punisher anything I vote Karl Urban as Frank Castle
dude gets brought up anytime a superhero role is available but it think Joe Manganiello would be cool too

Urban is the first choice though ofc
post #4377 of 33665
@RobinVanDamn

If Frank Grillo wasn't Crossbones in the MCU already he would be a good choice for Punisher.
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
HATE THE PEOPLE, LOVE THE CULTURE
Reply
post #4378 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinVanDamn View Post


dude gets brought up anytime a superhero role is available but it think Joe Manganiello would be cool too

Urban is the first choice though ofc

I want DC to snatch Joe Manganiello and cast him as Shazam

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply

 

Oakland Athletics | Golden State Warriors | NTWT

 San Francisco 49ers | UCLA Bruins

 

 

Reply
post #4379 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEA18 View Post

@RobinVanDamn

If Frank Grillo wasn't Crossbones in the MCU already he would be a good choice for Punisher.

Yeah, dude definitely has the right look. Just watched him in the new purge movie.
post #4380 of 33665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post






It's the nostalgia of it that stays with me,it's still the most fun I've ever had playing a fighting game. I've played MvC3 and UMvC3 enough to last a lifetime thanks to my friends laugh.gif .

Sure it is fun and I'll give you that it's probably the richest one in terms of Marvel lore and content that they added but once again,the nostalgia and good memories I've had with MvC2 are impossible to top. Another reason might also be cause of the fact that I always end up getting my *** handed to me in MvC3 *shrugs* laugh.gifohwell.gif  

Marvel 2 is full of memories for me as well. But I remember wondering what Marvel 3 would be like the day I played marvel 2 14 years ago. Marvel 3 was the perfect successor to Marvel 2. It paid homage to all of the Marvel vs. games while trying to be balanced. 50 characters all insanely unique. Good mix of new characters you thought would never make it (Thor eek.gif) and characters you never thought would return (Tron Bonne eek.gif). I can't go a day without randomly blurting out "Impact Palm!" laugh.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineblotters View Post

You have to be trolling with this post. You simply have to.

Why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › MARVEL C U Thread - Dr. Strange Out Now - NEW GOTG2 Trailer Comes out Tomorrow