What a wave it's been though,it might just end up making more than The Avengers
MARVEL C U Thread - DrStrange (11/04) - CAP LOVE TAPS! - dats wut bucky said - Page 424
Yea I saw the numbers. It just might...
I'm hoping for 2B but I doubt it though...If it does then
Besides aint like there's any real classic IM/Mandarin stories.
I don't know...when I saw the trailer, I believed that Mandarin was about to bring that life to Tone. Instead, we got trolled.
And I'll make my love for F&F look like I'm a Jets fan.
- 2,374 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Reputation: 681
- Select All Posts By This User
I know they got a ton of fans.......but I only hear about it online and outta all the SW films only ONE made a billion.
So y exactly is this one so special? Disney?...Abrams?.... Boyega?
- 40,528 Posts. Joined 12/2004
- Reputation: 7210
- Select All Posts By This User
No more Lucas?
1) No more Lucas (But you have to give him credit because he created the SW universe.) This upcoming trilogy will have a different look and feel unlike anything we've seen before involving a Star Wars production. ( This includes the upcoming SW episode films and anthology film series.)
2) A potential trilogy after EP VI was actually intriguing to the fans because of the expanded universe more so than a prequel series. (the EU is no longer canon but they will pick and choose certain elements for future projects) In the fans eyes, a prequel was unnecessary based on some elements being told within the OG trilogy. Obi Wan talking about the Clone wars, Anakin/Vader, the hunting of the jedi, etc. It was left to the imagination of the fans...Which was perfectly fine IMO
3) The fact that more Star Wars movies are coming...
Edited by beyondmeasure - 5/26/15 at 10:55pm
Im looking forward to it cuz no Lucas and John Boyega. Having a black man lead a movie that will end up top 3 box office worldwide is exciting to me. Maybe hell end up giving Daisy Ridley the business. Two slaps across the face of racists everywhere.
But on a serious note I do like Boyega as well as Gwendolyn Christie, Daisy Ridley, and Lupita Nyongo. I do like that Lucas aint touching the film. I trust in Disney. And its being written by dude who did ep. V. And Abramsgod
As the others stated, no more Lucas.
I promise you, had someone else done the prequels, those 3 films combined, done proper, would have pushed 10 billion. Not joking.
The crappy first two still pushed towards a couple, and the 3rd did the best it could. Done right tho? With Vader/Anakin, Fett, Obi Wan, Clone Wars, Yoda, etc on top of whatever new characters they could have come up with not named Jar Jar.........****.
Now you have the Disney umbrella, same folks overseeing Marvel, you have better script writers, more input, less CGI, the initial film will feature OG cast members one last time while introducing new ones, and the cherry, themes from the EU that were extremely popular.
Follow that with a spin off film in 2016, ep 8 in 2017, another spinoff in 2018, and ep 9 in 2019, you see that same Marvel blueprint where Disney just stands around printing money 24/7.
The 4B they spent, they'll earn that back by summer 2017 with ease.
i read the spoilers
alot of star wars fans will not be happy
It's pretty much what everyone has said so far. A competent creative team that respects the material and a cast that is just god level. Also, having read all the spoilers, I'm very pleased with what they're doing with the story so far.
They're also doing everything right with the promotional material. That latest teaser was pure sex, did you see the stormtroopers, x-wings, tie-fighters, and millennium falcon? The team of rebels on the run from the empire? And ******* Han Solo at the end...this looks and feels like Star Wars in a way the prequels could never hope to.
Last Star Wars post before tha one dude yells at us for not talking about MCU again
It never "bothered" me, but especially now, he IS Captain America and him being Johnny previously is completely irrelevant to me, as are those movies.