NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Michigan Senate passes bill on drug test for welfare receivers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michigan Senate passes bill on drug test for welfare receivers - Page 6

post #151 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

Again, it is an inducement. The government can add any type of stipulation they see fit.


And government assistance is not a right. They could do away with every social welfare program tomorrow and they'd be well within their right.

OK, again, no.

They can't add any stipulation they want if it violates the constitution, which what you're suggesting would. It's not even arguable.

How exactly do you think the legal drinking age was set to 21?
 

 

Because the federal government offered individual states incentives to make their local laws uniform and 21.  And in almost every state you can still drink under the age of 21 if you have parental consent.

 

And alcohol consumption is nowhere close to sexual reproduction and marriage.

 

The government can not mandate abortions or birth control.  Pick a different argument. Or go research every supreme court ruling on marriage, sex, and abortions and then come back and pick a different argument.

post #152 of 176
You say:

Quote:
They can't add any stipulation they want if it violates the constitution

And when I prove that wrong you say it doesn't count? Lulz.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. An inducement is NOT a mandate.
post #153 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

You say:
 
Quote:
They can't add any stipulation they want if it violates the constitution

And when I prove that wrong you say it doesn't count? Lulz.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. An inducement is NOT a mandate.

 

i'm not arguing with you anymore.  the government can not force people to get abortion.  the government can not induce abortions by withholding federal aid. it's unconstitutional.

 

your argument about the drinking age in each state didn't prove anything.  people don't have a fundamental right to consume alcohol. they have a fundamental right to bear children.  hence the ninth amendment.

 

and the fact that you're comparing incentives regarding alcohol/drug/food regulation to governing reproduction shows that YOU have no idea how the law works.

 

the fact that i cited a constitutional amendment to you to explain why the government can't do something and told you what series of court rulings to read that further supports and explains what i said, and that you either didn't go and read them or didn't understand them further proves you don't know anything.

 

it also shows you don't understand how the constitution works.

 

i should have never engaged you in this conversation.  i have a law degree.  you don't.  you're wrong.  go on being wrong.  i just hope everyone knows better than to follow you down this rabbit hole of misinformed speculating.

 

the problem with this law and society in general is some people don't know anything and don't take the time to research the things they want to speak and rule on, and are too stubborn to concede that they don't know everything.

post #154 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

You say:

 
Quote:
They can't add any stipulation they want if it violates the constitution


And when I prove that wrong you say it doesn't count? Lulz.


You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. An inducement is NOT a mandate.

i'm not arguing with you anymore.  the government can not force people to get abortion.  the government can not induce abortions by withholding federal aid. it's unconstitutional.

your argument about the drinking age in each state didn't prove anything.  people don't have a fundamental right to consume alcohol. they have a fundamental right to bear children.  hence the ninth amendment.

and the fact that you're comparing incentives regarding alcohol/drug/food regulation to governing reproduction shows that YOU have no idea how the law works.

the fact that i cited a constitutional amendment to you to explain why the government can't do something and told you what series of court rulings to read that further supports and explains what i said, and that you either didn't go and read them or didn't understand them further proves you don't know anything.

it also shows you don't understand how the constitution works.

i should have never engaged you in this conversation.  i have a law degree.  you don't.  you're wrong.  go on being wrong.  i just hope everyone knows better than to follow you down this rabbit hole of misinformed speculating.

the problem with this law and society in general is some people don't know anything and don't take the time to research the things they want to speak and rule on, and are too stubborn to concede that they don't know everything.


Go make a thread crying about the way Kanye is treated. This is over your head.

laugh.gif @ the thought of you having a law degree.
post #155 of 176
Why not everyone who gets money from the government. Be tested I'm talmabout dod, elected officials, government contractors .. Etc...
post #156 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post


Go make a thread crying about the way Kanye is treated. This is over your head.

laugh.gif @ the thought of you having a law degree.

 

You sound like a fool.

post #157 of 176
if they drug test for aid they should also alcohol test.

more whinos on government assistance than weedheads

sorry to bust white bred bubbles
post #158 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post




Go make a thread crying about the way Kanye is treated. This is over your head.

laugh.gif @ the thought of you having a law degree.

You sound like a fool.


And you've proven to be one.
post #159 of 176
LOL @ crossing his paragraph out


you arguing laws and crossing out the responses of someone who's actually law-educated.


roll.gif
post #160 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post
 



Go make a thread crying about the way Kanye is treated. This is over your head.

laugh.gif @ the thought of you having a law degree.

You sound like a fool.


And you've proven to be one.

 

http://tentofabraham.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/stupid-people-never-argue-with-stupid-people-preview.jpg

 

k.

post #161 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

How exactly do you think the legal drinking age was set to 21?

o yea I can go to war at 18 and kill people but I can't have a 12 oz beer. .man these laws are a set up
post #162 of 176
Good. I am a fan.
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
O-H-I-O

CAVALIERS - INDIANS - BROWNS - BUCKEYES
Reply
post #163 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

Because the federal government offered individual states incentives to make their local laws uniform and 21.  And in almost every state you can still drink under the age of 21 if you have parental consent.

And alcohol consumption is nowhere close to sexual reproduction and marriage.

The government can not mandate abortions or birth control.  Pick a different argument. Or go research every supreme court ruling on marriage, sex, and abortions and then come back and pick a different argument.

gov. can do whatever hey want and have. they made a girl get birth control as part of his probation,,another judge mad a women change her baby name
post #164 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post

gov. can do whatever hey want and have. they made a girl get birth control as part of his probation,,another judge mad a women change her baby name

this is super, b
post #165 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

 




Go make a thread crying about the way Kanye is treated. This is over your head.

laugh.gif @ the thought of you having a law degree.


You sound like a fool.



And you've proven to be one.

stupid-people-never-argue-with-stupid-people-preview.jpg

k.

You shouldn't call yourself stupid.
post #166 of 176
You guys all been bamboozled again.
You all are arguing over bread crumbs that some of these families get, you over look the pie that these govt officials take.

How bout a law that tests politicians for drugs?
See how much of your tax dollars are spent on them getting high.
post #167 of 176

Drug testing in general is pointless.

post #168 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

And you've proven to be one.

Class act.
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
post #169 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superb View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Nako View Post

Because the federal government offered individual states incentives to make their local laws uniform and 21.  And in almost every state you can still drink under the age of 21 if you have parental consent.

And alcohol consumption is nowhere close to sexual reproduction and marriage.

The government can not mandate abortions or birth control.  Pick a different argument. Or go research every supreme court ruling on marriage, sex, and abortions and then come back and pick a different argument.

gov. can do whatever hey want and have. they made a girl get birth control as part of his probation,,another judge mad a women change her baby name

 

 

Yes, in People v. Johnson.  A judge made a lady choose between 2 or 3 years probation and birth control or 7 years in prison.  It was coerced sterilization and she challenged the ruling.  She got caught using cocaine and went to jail anyway so the court never ruled on it, but it would have been found unconstitutional.

 

There's a reason why, as far as I know, there's never been a similar occurrence in the country.

 

In fact, if you look up that case you'll find legal and medical journal article after article specifically detailing why what that judge did was unconstitutional and illegal.

 

As far as forced contraception as a condition for welfare, there's a rule called The Unconstitutional Conditions Doctrine for Individual Rights.

 

It says: "... in conditioning the receipt of a government benefit, the government must not be allowed to do indirectly what it may not do directly."

 

The government can't force you to not have kids.  Therefore it can't make forced sterilization a condition for receiving aid.

 

It doesn't matter if it's mandated or through coercion.  It's still unconstitutional.

 

http://definitions.uslegal.com/u/unconstitutional-conditions-doctrine/

post #170 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygosher View Post

You shouldn't call yourself stupid.

But he's an assistant da lol?
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
WHITE AND NAVY JOINT, LET'S WATCH THE YANKEESSSSSSSS!
Reply
post #171 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post

You guys all been bamboozled again.
You all are arguing over bread crumbs that some of these families get, you over look the pie that these govt officials take.

How bout a law that tests politicians for drugs?
See how much of your tax dollars are spent on them getting high.

ain't that the truth.. gov. got caught smoking crack, another politician got caught buying a 8 ball on tax payer money in Florida

everyone want to attack welfare but politicians is sealing more money

it's easygoing attack. the low lies that's why people do it. it make them feel good.
post #172 of 176

asdad


Edited by TheStranger - 1/15/17 at 10:39pm
post #173 of 176
b-b-but diego, they are white!
post #174 of 176
People got their head so far up their ***** in this thread laugh.gif
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
PSN: Aiinatural
Go Hawks, Mariners, Ducks
Reply
post #175 of 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post

You guys all been bamboozled again.
You all are arguing over bread crumbs that some of these families get, you over look the pie that these govt officials take.

How bout a law that tests politicians for drugs?
See how much of your tax dollars are spent on them getting high.


Can't embed but Daily Show did a segment on this

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/vra301/poor-pee-ple
"Even if I stuttered I would still sh-sh....."
Come holla at ya Uncle...
Reply
"Even if I stuttered I would still sh-sh....."
Come holla at ya Uncle...
Reply
post #176 of 176
the welfare junkies are screwed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › Michigan Senate passes bill on drug test for welfare receivers