NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING* - Page 2

Poll Results: SNS 3.0?

 
  • 47% (145)
    Love em
  • 52% (159)
    Pass on em
304 Total Votes  
post #31 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirenisaNinja View Post
 

Unless you are actually going to run in these, I'm pretty sure you don't need to worry about the sole wearing out. Boost is just suped up EVA foam,  just walking or kicking around in these isn't any more strenuous on the Boost then say a Nike Free.

Kind of my point - no one knew when the pics appeared what the market was for the shoe. Once I got my pair in last week, it became very apparent they are not for serious running. I was just letting the other fans of Boost know if you liked running in the previous Boost cushion, these are not built the same.

post #32 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcypoe81 View Post

tempted, but the way the heel is cut makes me think it'll eat into my ankles...online is a no-go until i try them on in-store...REPPED for all the info @RFX45

The heel is suede and extremely thin and flexible. No rubbing or cuttting at all. Like a Chuck Taylor, maybe even softer.

post #33 of 150980
not bad, the price point isint high neither
Ig: godfatherofsoles

For sale:
Adidas NMD OG PK Black Lush red blue sizes 8,11
Reply
Ig: godfatherofsoles

For sale:
Adidas NMD OG PK Black Lush red blue sizes 8,11
Reply
post #34 of 150980
post #35 of 150980
I these will go on sale...ima wait it out.

IMO 120 is too steep for this shoe. Especially since the zx fluxs are cheaper and I'm perfectly content on walking around in those.
Maybe some different cws and I'd pay 120
barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #36 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by japejapejape View Post

I these will go on sale...ima wait it out.

IMO 120 is too steep for this shoe. Especially since the zx fluxs are cheaper and I'm perfectly content on walking around in those.
Maybe some different cws and I'd pay 120

You could be right, these may go down.  And if they are sitting, why not just wait I suppose

 

But I gotta say that I don't think 120 is too bad for this shoe, especially considering they can be had with a bday coupon or other discount code.  The ZX Flux is a great looking shoe and arguably better looking than the Pure Boost (all preference obviously).  But Boost foam is really on another level IMO

post #37 of 150980
adidas pls
post #38 of 150980

Using the FootLocker BDAY code, the shoes come out to $104, waaay better than that $120 retail...

post #39 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


"Tell Me"

RL GRIME is with Adidas? smokin.gif
post #40 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkisfaster View Post

Looks like footlocker still has them all in stock except for the blacks which are now all on back order. I got right through at 8, glad I didn't miss out on these

Footlocker.com is still showing the black pair available, does it tell you it's on backorder on the backend of the checkout process?

I also did a in-store check and almost all Footlockers in my area has them for pick-up so I do think they might go on sale eventually.


But yeah with that discount to ~$100, price isn't so bad.
post #41 of 150980
Tried these on today. Wow!!
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #42 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks mod View Post
 

You could be right, these may go down.  And if they are sitting, why not just wait I suppose

 

But I gotta say that I don't think 120 is too bad for this shoe, especially considering they can be had with a bday coupon or other discount code.  The ZX Flux is a great looking shoe and arguably better looking than the Pure Boost (all preference obviously).  But Boost foam is really on another level IMO

yeah?

 

i got to try the boost foam that might be the deal breaker

barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #43 of 150980
the comfort level between these and the flux is not even close. however, the flux is a much better looking and versatile shoe. (and cheaper)

these are an ideal walking/everyday gym shoe.
post #44 of 150980
I grabbed a pair of the black ones today after work. They're super comfortable. They feel better than my roshes and maybe my flyknit lunar 1s as well (at least from a cushioning standpoint). I'll echo the other posts saying that these are just for lifestyle/streewear. If anyone is looking for a pair of very comfortable everyday shoes, I'd recommend these.

I went tts, btw. For reference, here are sizes I wear in other shoes.
Lebron X - 12
XX8 SE - 11.5
Flyknit one - 12
Roshe - 11.5
Kobe 8 - 12

Hope this helps.

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply
post #45 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeClutchJames View Post

Tried these on today. Wow!!

laugh.gif

Good wow or bad wow?
post #46 of 150980
Good wow! Comfort level was crazyyyy! Most comfortable thing I've put on right out the box
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #47 of 150980
Nice. thanks!

Anyone else got a review or experience they want to share?


So far:

-Really comfortable
-Not for running, casual wear only


Hows the sizing, go with your regular Adidas size? How light is it compared to Roshes? Flyknits?
post #48 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral View Post

Adidas' version of the Nike Roshe. Ehhhhh they okay.

no this is adidas version of the nike free flyknit 4.0 at the same exact price point

ill stick with nike
post #49 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Audi View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral View Post

Adidas' version of the Nike Roshe. Ehhhhh they okay.

no this is adidas version of the nike free flyknit 4.0 at the same exact price point

ill stick with nike

brand loyalty is strong with you ...

 

IMO its more like a lunar roshe run

post #50 of 150980

are the primeknit versions getting a NA release? Kinda hesitant to purchase with the whole import duties being kinda insane...

post #51 of 150980

Tried these on yesterday. The boost foam is so comfortable. Can't even compare to the Roshes. Adidas continues to put out consistent releases. Going to try to get the primeknit versions.

post #52 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthef24nchise View Post

brand loyalty is strong with you ...

IMO its more like a lunar roshe run

Well this site is called niketalk......

Real Life I wear other brands too but I'm just sayin this particular model.......were discussing.
post #53 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by imthef24nchise View Post


IMO its more like a lunar roshe run

I think that this is a better comparison. Articles keep saying it's like the flyknit free run, but I'd compare them more towards a better-cushioned roshe. The upper can be compared to the flyknit because of it's flexibility/comfort, but the midsole is completely different. Free midsole is a minimalist design not focused on cushioning. Pure boost midsole looks almost identical to roshe and is almost solely focused on comfort. Flyknit free is geared toward performance and pure boost is for casual wear. Quite different shoes, imo.

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply
post #54 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey5622 View Post

are the primeknit versions getting a NA release? Kinda hesitant to purchase with the whole import duties being kinda insane...


I am not sure they will, not sure if they can actually. I believe they are still in a legal battle about the PrimKnit a rip-off of the FlyKnit so sale isn't allowed in the US until that case is settled.
post #55 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Footlocker.com is still showing the black pair available, does it tell you it's on backorder on the backend of the checkout process?

I also did a in-store check and almost all Footlockers in my area has them for pick-up so I do think they might go on sale eventually.


But yeah with that discount to ~$100, price isn't so bad.

Ordered right at 8am yesterday and saw a little bit later they were back ordered and got hit with the email a bit ago. I'm just gonna cancel and see if my local one got em in stock
post #56 of 150980
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post


I am not sure they will, not sure if they can actually. I believe they are still in a legal battle about the PrimKnit a rip-off of the FlyKnit so sale isn't allowed in the US until that case is settled.

i thought that whole issue was cleared already? oh well.. 

post #57 of 150980

Back ordered until 5/30, nice.....

Sign up at SPLENDER for the best CASH BACK deals - http://fbuy.me/dqMdp

Sign up today & earn an extra $5 when you make a purchase of $50+

Reply

Sign up at SPLENDER for the best CASH BACK deals - http://fbuy.me/dqMdp

Sign up today & earn an extra $5 when you make a purchase of $50+

Reply
post #58 of 150980
These fit TTS btw. You can go .5 up but wouldn't recommend going .5 down
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #59 of 150980

Y3 pure boost
barca.
Reply
barca.
Reply
post #60 of 150980
^^ Those look great, but $280 is a steep price tag, especially when the upper is mostly just mesh.

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply

Stillers

Pens

Buccos

Pipers/Condors/Wishing Pittsburgh would get an NBA team

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Brands
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*