NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › BrandBlack
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BrandBlack - Page 2

post #31 of 2824
^^^ after the raptors I feel the same way
post #32 of 2824
I would get a few pairs, but their site only allows people from the states to buy them. They look good.
post #33 of 2824

FYI JackThreads has 30% off everything plus free returns, which includes a ton of Brandblack shoes. Great chance to sample Brandblack. Just ordered the J Crossover. You can get an additional 10% off if you download and order through their new app as well.

post #34 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post

FYI JackThreads has 30% off everything plus free returns, which includes a ton of Brandblack shoes. Great chance to sample Brandblack. Just ordered the J Crossover. You can get an additional 10% off if you download and order through their new app as well.

Thanks for pointing this out Tom. Really want the black/white raptor lows but my size is out. Could maybe go with a .5 down but I don't know
post #35 of 2824
^^^ I wouldn't go down - they are very Kobe 5 like and would probably be too small.
post #36 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke40 View Post

^^^ I wouldn't go down - they are very Kobe 5 like and would probably be too small.

I now agree. It's been a couple weeks since I played in my all white pair, so I slipped them on last night to see. TTS is perfect. Too snug to go half down.

Excellent deal from jack threads though
post #37 of 2824
@duke40 any word on when the JC2 will be available from your talks with Brandblack?
post #38 of 2824
Just talked about that yesterday. Looking like all star but may push up to new year release.
post #39 of 2824

^Nice.  Enjoying the raptor low for now, but really looking forward to the JC2.  The Force Vector model's got me interested too

post #40 of 2824
post #41 of 2824

Got the J Crossovers in from JackThreads. Nicer in hand than in pics IMO. In pics, the waffle/diamond pattern on the toe box seems real distracting, but in person it is much more subtle. They were factory laced real tight and had to relace, but I do that with 90% of my kicks anyways so I get a better fit and feel (something more sneaker enthusiasts should try as opposed to just swearing up and down a shoe doesn't fit if it doesn't fit right in the store out of the box). The shoes did squeak something fierce and I was concerned just walking around, but I removed the insoles, put a little baby powder and put the insoles right back and it seemed to do the trick. Might also be the thick socks I am wearing as I had no squeaking when I put them on without a sock. I really, really love the jetlon cushioning. It's soft and absorbs, but not as mushy as Micro G and not quite as responsive as Zoom, but you are definitely impact protected. Can't wait to give them a spin on court as I want to see how the traction is going to work.

 

post #42 of 2824

@Tom A congrats on grabbing a pair :smokin I really think you'll dig these on court.

 

I also had to re-lace my pair of raptors -- I don't like how they come laced from BB, the laces come out and over top of the next eyelet (don't know if that makes any sense...) so you couldn't get them as tight.  Re-laced to what I thought is the standard way to lace

post #43 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post
 

 They were factory laced real tight and had to relace, but I do that with 90% of my kicks anyways so I get a better fit and feel (something more sneaker enthusiasts should try as opposed to just swearing up and down a shoe doesn't fit if it doesn't fit right in the store out of the box).

 

This kills me, and not that you said it, Tom, but that some people don't know to do this. Makes me laught that a person will post the shoe fits narrow, or is too small, or not for widefooters, and they haven't even adjusted the laces at all out of the box. My rant for the day.

post #44 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom A View Post

FYI JackThreads has 30% off everything plus free returns, which includes a ton of Brandblack shoes. Great chance to sample Brandblack. Just ordered the J Crossover. You can get an additional 10% off if you download and order through their new app as well.

Thanks for e that.. Ill end up getting a pair of those soon.
post #45 of 2824

Stock on Brandlblack's website dried up really quick. Seems like the only place you can find any pairs at all anymore is Jack Threads.

post #46 of 2824

The Royal J. Crossover II is fresh.

post #47 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonJunior View Post
 

The Royal J. Crossover II is fresh.

Agreed :smokin  can't wait for that shoe.

 

Sounds like Feb. 2015 release for the J.C II

post #48 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks mod View Post
 

Agreed :smokin  can't wait for that shoe.

 

Sounds like Feb. 2015 release for the J.C II

I've heard that too, but I keep getting updates and reading from social media BB posts that there may be some announcement about the JC II's releasing towards the end of this year. I have my eye on the black pair. Love the JCrossover I's. Really the only complaint is the serious lack of ventilation/air flow. That usually isn't a problem for me and the fit of the upper really helps with that, but after a day in the shoes, it can get pretty hot in them. If playing for a few hours though, you should be good. Just bring some slides or slip ons for post game is what I'd say.

post #49 of 2824
Some pairs have been leaked already (hmmmm), and they are on target. As nice as the XX9 is, for a second year shoe, yeah, they hit it.
post #50 of 2824

Well I know NW is wear testing for them right now. Really hoping CK can land an interview with Raysse and Co. leading up to the launch of JC II. 

 

BTW Duke, how is your time in the XX9 been? Might consider saving up for them after I get the iPhone 6 in the beginning of October here.

post #51 of 2824

cant them the shoes on jack threads site.. damn

post #52 of 2824
Tom - XX9 - great fit and comfort, traction is great but not as good as XX8, cushioning is stable and solid - not bouncy or as "unlocked" as the XX8. Compares to the XX8 it is better and worse than some, about 50%.
post #53 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks mod View Post
 

Agreed :smokin  can't wait for that shoe.

 

Sounds like Feb. 2015 release for the J.C II

I've heard rumors of November 2014, which from a sales perspective makes a little more sense. For many high school ball players, the season starts around October/November and wraps up around February. They have little to no supply of last year's models available anymore, so by waiting until February to release their new models, they would miss out on a large contingency of potential clients.

post #54 of 2824

Heard those rumors too.  Actually, I saw either a twitter or IG reply from the designer himself saying "soft launch" Nov 2014 and full release Feb 2015.  Not sure what that would be like in November, but it sounds like maybe not a public release but more sending pairs out to folks to weartest

post #55 of 2824
I hope I hope I hope...
post #56 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by iks mod View Post
 

Heard those rumors too.  Actually, I saw either a twitter or IG reply from the designer himself saying "soft launch" Nov 2014 and full release Feb 2015.  Not sure what that would be like in November, but it sounds like maybe not a public release but more sending pairs out to folks to weartest

From what I can tell, the weartesting period was started months ago with the final model having been sent out weeks ago. A soft launch could be a simple as a limited quantity in limited colorways being put up for sale on their own website.

 

But back to the shoes themselves, the raptor los have become one of my favorite on court options of the year. They are total performance beasts

post #57 of 2824

I can't wait to try a pair of these on soon. I hear the materials/execution is actually the price point. Isn't that a wonderful new idea (...NIKE / AIR JORDAN) ... LOL

post #58 of 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandKicks View Post
 

From what I can tell, the weartesting period was started months ago with the final model having been sent out weeks ago. A soft launch could be a simple as a limited quantity in limited colorways being put up for sale on their own website.

 

But back to the shoes themselves, the raptor los have become one of my favorite on court options of the year. They are total performance beasts

Raptor Lo is my favorite shoe of 2014, hands down.  

UAs clutchfit drive mid/low, kd VII and jordan XX9 are all there, but these raptors were just a total surprise and just play so smooth for me.

post #59 of 2824

As a reviewer, I sometimes worry that my opinions are completely off and I look stupid for liking certain shoes. Reading these opinions make me feel great - I loved the Raptor lo and play in it whenever I am going to a new court or when I am not doing a review shoe. BrandBlack is so far above most one year companies - certain brands need to look out.

post #60 of 2824
Limited drop in December 4. Wide release in late January I am being told.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Brands
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Kicks › Other Brands › BrandBlack