The Official Mortal Kombat X Thread (KOMBAT PACK 2 AVAILABLE NOW FOR PSN & XBL) - Page 22
Yes the lag is horrible. I tend to do private matches and fight on the courtyard stage with the no blood code to avoid any kind of lag. Of course I play hardwired as well.
Yea I can't wait to see Liu Kang's role in this new story plot. I'm hyped up for this digital comic book
#MKX Quan Chi Analysis w/ MK9 comparisons by KombatHouston
Here is a great Quan Chi breakdown video by KombatHouston, especially for those who never played Mortal Kombat 9 (2011). Not only does KombatHouston take us through the Mortal Kombat X Quan Chi reveal trailer, but they also add in the Mortal Kombat 9 comparison moves, meaning his special moves.
In addition to this, we see possible start-up combos, normals and more in this video breakdown.
UPDATE: PopCulture Shock's Liu Kang pre-order starts tomorrow ! MK1 Scorpion pre-orders start Nov. 3rd !
Back on October 6th we got our first taste of the next exciting Mortal Kombat statues to come from the amazing PopCultureShockCollectibles. The statues include Mortal Kombat 3 Liu Kang and Mortal Kombat 1 Scorpion. We're happy to inform you that starting tomorrow you can pre-order your Liu Kang statue! Click this link!
In addition to this, PopCultureShockToys have made announced they you'll be able to get your hands on the 1/3 scale Hanzo Hasashi a.k.a. Scorpion! However, the teaser image that we received earlier this month does not due the final product justice! Thanks to a fan at the NYCC, here is a video of the HUGE Scorpion statue up close !
video credit via Shoryuken.com
As for pricing? The Liu Kang will probably be arounf $330-$350. The Scorpion on the other hand... I'm guessing $1,000... hopefully I'm wrong but it does seem like they have purchase plans.
New Details on an untitled Mortal Kombat (show) series to be tied to Mortal Kombat X ?
While the details are very unclear as to what this will be - news from the HollyWoodReporter indicates that there may be a Mortal Kombat X series (including an untitled Mortal Kombat series produced in partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment that is tied to the upcoming Mortal Kombat X video game)? We've known that a Mortal Kombat Legacy season 3 was in the works, but as for the trail it would follow was and still is unclear. The question is, will this reported series be a continuation from Mortal Kombat Legacy season 2 or will it tie directly in to the upcoming Mortal Kombat X game set for 2015? What would make more sense considering we also have a digital comic book series also scheduled for January?
Ed Boon Tweets Motion Capture Fatality Picture ( Kenshi? Ermac ?)
Ed Boon has recently tweeted a picture of a motion capture fatality. Whoever it is, they seem to have telekeneis. This pretty much leaves Ermac and Kenshi. The stance, and the holding his hand to his head(which Kenshi does very often in special attacks) seems extremely similar to Kenshi.
Is this Kenshi? Is this a descendant of Kenshi? Is this somehow Sektor? You decide.
Mysterious ninja from MKX Comic, a member of the Shirai Ryu, revealed to be named Forest Fox
So who is this mysterious Shirai Ryu member? We know that the clan was wiped out. So could he just be another inevitable death in the MKX comic that has said to have deaths every few pages. Or does he have even the slightest possibly of being playable in the upcoming game ?
"Thanks to Warner Bros. Entertainment, we have received all the Mortal Kombat X Comic Art that has been released and this mysterious character has a name, Forrest Fox and he is definitely involved with the Shirai Ryu as the image file name suggests it."
Source: Kombat Tether Facebook page
ETCCHILE Presents... MKX & Ed Boon - BGS 2014
Being shared with us by our friends of Elite Tournament Chile (ETC) is a short "appreciation" video from the Brazilian Game Show of 2014. At this event many of our friends from South America including ETC McFly were able to meet NetherRealm Studios Creative Director, Ed Boon as well as play Mortal Kombat X. Below is ETC's message:
We leave a recorded video Brazil game show in 2014. This event were many players in Brazil: Mr. Bruno, Xiller Xinox, @Poto2222 & @ETC Mcfly of Chile. A sample of the course, stand and presentation of the game. Also we were with Ed Boon which kindly autographed our many products."
My Brief experience with MKX @ London Comic-Con by DreadKnight1
I was luckily able to get a few games in at Comic Con in London, here are my findings/observations with the current build:
- Raiden has a quick low which strings to a launcher as I accidentally found by mashing.
- Raiden's displacer variation is the only one to have a teleport and the input for the teleport was down,up. I believe that he doesn't have a first hit overhead move though,he does have a string where it hits overhead 2nd. I believe that Thunder God has that string where he's put on the other side through a teleport but not as an independent teleport move.
- D'Vorah is a footsy monster with incredible range.
- Kotal Kahn's risk-reward style move where he cuts himself gives him a huge damage boost(up there with that of level 3 Bane). I was uppercuted straight after he did this for a good 17-22%.
- Raiden has lots of multi-hitting strings, his movelist was full of inputs like 1122,213 and other 3/4 hit strings(this was checked in Thunder God variation).
- Sub zero has a strong knockdown game after a slide hits,the WB representative was stuffing all my wakeups-even teleport.
- As deduced from the point above: wakeups are much less effective than Injustice or even MK9.
- Scorpion has BnB meterless combos of at least 35-40%.
- Quan Chi's outro is badass and features skeletal minions surrounding him(a hint for those of you who haven't seen it).
- Kotal Kahn can reliably anti-air with his anti air grab(dunno if this was confirmed or people assumed it was only good for combos).
- Raiden's superman has much more recovery on whiff(a lot more)
- Scorpion's ninjutsu variation is probably the easiest of the 3 to use. His combos performed by the WB representative who was probably a tester too were plain looking and involved a lot of the up sword.
- Based on the speed of Raiden's teleport and his strings but without actually knowing frame data. I assume Raiden will have around about the same/maybe slightly better pressure and advantage with teleport cancels,he also has a better mixup game in MKX so his up close game was buffed significantly
- Raiden has a great d1(especially in thunder god) and anti cross up d1s are back and raiden's is really good, I assume he can get d1xxdf2EX or d1xxdb3EX(ascending thunder god) into a full 1 bar combo.
- The way it works when someone wins a round is like mk9 where the characters just go straight into their animation and walk back or something(no special looking hit that knocks the opponent back like in IGAU). The new thing though is that you can finish your combo if you've won the game that round(definitely if you win at round 2, not too sure if you can finish the combo upon winning round 3).
IMPORTANT EDIT: throws have been altered massively, they now hit airborn opponents and have MB options, I even saw a Quan Chi player while I was queuing connect a standing 1 or 2 after a MB throw which I believe comboed. On top of this I physically saw in the pause menu's move list that the option to burn a bar with a throw was there
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT MY EXPERIENCE WAS BRIEF, I was only able to get a few games in before the queues got huge and also I wanted to explore the rest of the convention.
I'll edit more in if I remember more, questions?
Disclaimer:The build of MKX I played is still subject to change in the time before the game releases.
Sorry but it was too loud/short of a period for me to uncover new intro quotes and gibberishes. Also I have nothing to report about cassie,F/T or Kano.
Just looking back at all the info I've looked at, my experience and watching others play, the game looks pretty well balanced so far.
Netherrealm Streaming MKX Wednesday 11/5/14 3pm CST! Taking Questions !
Netherrealm Studios today announced through their Twitter account that they will be streaming MKX next Wednesday at 3pm Central Time. They also announced that they will be taking questions so if you have any then tweet at them with the hashtag #KombatKast !
Furthermore they stated they'd be releasing new information about the game!
They will be streaming at http://twitch.tv/Netherrealm so be sure to follow so you don't miss a thing!
UPDATE: The Kombat Tether have said that "They won't be revealing a new character in this stream but promise new information and want your questions." So go ahead and ask! You can do it right now, not just on Wednesday !
New MKX Gameplay Video from the Finish Him community, captured at Paris Games Week !
Need some more MKX footage to satisfy your craving?! Not to worry! The Finish Him community has compiled a ten-minute video featuring gameplay with three characters: Quan Chi, Sub-Zero, and Kotal Kahn! Bringing it straight to you from Paris Games Week, we witness Quan Chi going against the combined might of Sub-Zero and Kotal Kahn! I know for a fact I am. Thanks go out to Dr Jackal, Owalida, and Lordrak for taking time out of their day to add to your excitement!
- edited by RM GamerBlake
Characters : Kotal Kahn, Sub Zero and Quan Chi!
Players : Dr Jackal with Quan Chi, Owalida with Sub-Zero and Lordrak with Kotal Kahn !
Wanna see sick damages? Specially with Kotal Kahn? No problem, just enjoy our video and share your feedbacks! More videos are coming soon today, specially for Scorpion and Ferra/Torr !
FEEL THE FEAR OF THE NEW EMPEROR !
Lordrak, French Finish Him member has really decided to show off his skills with the new Emperor of the Outworld. His opponent? Mickadi, the best Sub Zero of the Finish Him community.
One of the best Match recorded, just enjoy!
Kano Cutthroat NEW Gameplay by TendouTensei
Hello everyone, I decided to spend some times on the Cutthroat variations as this variation is in my opinion the most similar to MK9 Kano. First impression: Kano is very fast and aggressive! you can notice it by looking his dash, it gives to him the possibility to make a quick pressure on the opponent without necessary using the run button.
NRS gives shout-outs to various parties in the Mortal Kombat community, including TestYourMight and the Scottish fighting game community.
Kotal Kahn's Totems:
Blue Totem - Defensive properties are applied to Kotal Kahn. It is assumed that he takes decreased damage.
Crystal Totem - An offensive buff is applied to his attacks.
Red Totem - anytime the opponent is damaged, blood flows into Kotal Kahn, healing him. This lasts until he gets hit or the effect expires by its own volition.
Be careful when using Blood Sacrifice ! If you don't have enough health to sustain yourself when you use it, you WILL lose the round.
Quan Chi's spell circles
Purple Circle - augments the abilities of his magical attacks, leaving a lasting effect on the opponent.
Red Circle - opponent takes increased chip damage.
Green Circle - increasing Quan Chi's defensive ability by giving him a hit of armor.
Sub-Zero's Unbreakable Variation:
With his Ice Shield, Sub-Zero can counter an opponent's physical attack with a freezing effect, allowing him to combo the opponent.
His jumpkick-teleport combos appear to have carried over from Mortal Kombat 9 and he retains his trademark spear and takedown.
Expect to play him as a defensive character with powerful space control, particularly the air.
Edited by DRAMACYDAL214 - 11/5/14 at 2:03pm
Wanna catch up on what was displayed? Then check out these recordings provided by @FightNow from TYM.
Edited by DRAMACYDAL214 - 11/5/14 at 5:09pm