NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › ⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️ - Page 515

Poll Results: Should we start a new football thread?

 
  • 52% (35)
    Yes... - Lets Start Fresh
  • 47% (32)
    Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going
67 Total Votes  
post #15421 of 34071
Yeah, Diego Costa loses appeal and gets three-match ban. frown.gif

For real, this thread is pretty awesome. Can't believe it took me forever to check it out.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9687803/premier-league-chelsea-agree-cuadrado-deal-and-may-play-him-against-manchester-city
It'd be really exciting if Cuadrado actually plays tomorrow. Fiorentina are trying to take Salah on loan as well.

- Wolfsburg set to complete €30 million Schurrle deal Source: http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/01/30/8437562/wolfsburg-set-to-complete-30-million-schurrle-deal?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_1_3

- Van Gaal has confirmed Darren Fletcher is leaving for West Ham. He's undergoing a medical At West Ham.
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
post #15422 of 34071
Costa will miss games against City thsi weekend, Aston Villa, & Everton.
post #15423 of 34071
Funny how the FA were quick to charge Costa but nothing was done to Vertonghen who choked a player the next day SMH
post #15424 of 34071
Bundesliga is back on with some solid games... Intrigued by the Wolfsburg vs. Bayern Munich (#2 vs #1). It looks like the Schurrle deal might not go through in time for him to join up with ex Chelsea man Kevin De Bruyne whose playing well for Wolfsburg. It'll be interesting to see how the team comes out to play after the untimely death of Junior Malanda.

Leverkusen vs Dortmund should be interesting too. Leverkusen need this win at home to try & over take Wolfsburg for the #2 spot. Dortmund of course needs to begin their uphill climb getting out of the relegation zone.

I'm debating on signing up for fuboTV PRO to see some German footy... World Soccer Talk provided these instructions to take advantage of a 14 day free pass. CC info is apparently required but it's supposed to be easy to cancel...

1. Visit the fuboTV PRO website.
2. Scroll down and click on “Get your FREE 14-day Pass”.
3. Click on “Sign Up With Email”.
4. Enter appropriate information, and then click “Sign Up”.
5. Click on “Start My Free Trial”
6. Enter credit card information (note: you will not be charged until after the 14-day trial expires; canceling is easy).
7. Once you are signed up, you can click on any of the programs/highlight videos that you wish.

http://static.fubo.tv/lp/goltv.html?mbsy=bfzvz

Not sure if I'm going to do this...

Edit - Doesn't look like their App shows games so it looks like you'll have to watch via desk top or lap top... eyes.gif
Edited by psk2310 - 1/30/15 at 7:12am
post #15425 of 34071
Manchester united signed a defender, Sadiq El Fitouri from Salford City

@Patizzzle

Reply

@Patizzzle

Reply
post #15426 of 34071
If we still had De Bruyne we could afford to sit Oscar and Cesc can continue to play next to Matic. Every time we need to sit Oscar, Matic has to play with Ramires or Mikel and while they both bring something Cesc doesn't, we lose the ability to link up properly.

We've given away quite a few talents without a fair shot but they didn't fit into Mou's plans. Even prior to that Sturridge was the scapegoat but he never would've became what he is now if he stayed.

Now we let Lukaku go off to Everton and while Drogba has been surprisingly productive we have a proven striker in Remy who gets no burn and should get more chances than a 37 year old target man.

End rant.
post #15427 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG View Post

If we still had De Bruyne we could afford to sit Oscar and Cesc can continue to play next to Matic. Every time we need to sit Oscar, Matic has to play with Ramires or Mikel and while they both bring something Cesc doesn't, we lose the ability to link up properly.

We've given away quite a few talents without a fair shot but they didn't fit into Mou's plans. Even prior to that Sturridge was the scapegoat but he never would've became what he is now if he stayed.

Now we let Lukaku go off to Everton and while Drogba has been surprisingly productive we have a proven striker in Remy who gets no burn and should get more chances than a 37 year old target man.

End rant.

But you forget 1 thing, Selling De Bruyne helped us get money to fund Matic. Without selling him not Matic. Sturridge was given plenty of chances with Chelsea. He was a very selfish player when he was here. I only wish we had with Mou, maybe things would've been different. Remy was brought as a 3rd striker, you can't get mad at him not getting much pt when the 2 strikers above him have been playing well. I also think that small injury he had put him down in the pecking order.
post #15428 of 34071
That is true, we did get Matic with the De Bruyne sale, though that sale never should've happened to begin with. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

Remy is only the third striker because Jose has his favorites. But like you said, Drogba has played well when called upon. Even with the way his playing time is being managed there's only so long you can go relying on someone who is up there in age.
post #15429 of 34071
If Chelsea kept Lukaku a season ago instead of loaning him out and signing eto and ba and relying on El Nino, they would have won the league cup easy
post #15430 of 34071
if Lukaku didn't have attitude issue with Mou he would've stayed lol
post #15431 of 34071
Thread Starter 
Isn't Lukaku playing terribly this season anyways?
post #15432 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18 View Post

Manchester united signed a defender, Sadiq El Fitouri from Salford City


That might just be it for this TW as LvG says he's not planning anymore signings before the deadline http://goo.gl/tZPc3n​


"We only have Victor Valdes [as a January signing]. We gave him a chance. We are only selling players, not buying them.” eyes.gif

I really hope he's actually that confident in the current squad to make the CL because I'm still iffy about it from what they've shown so far. Seems like all the big signings are gonna be happening during the summer.

post #15433 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Isn't Lukaku playing terribly this season anyways?
He's had better days but he's still learning and I think with due time you'll have a consistent contributor. He's only 21 going on 22.
post #15434 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Isn't Lukaku playing terribly this season anyways?
Lukaku

12/13 17 goals
13/14 16 goals
14/15 9 goals so far

Is he really playing that bad?
Edited by getrichquik1987 - 1/30/15 at 8:52am
post #15435 of 34071
Allegri vs Pogba in shooting contest... Allegri showed the youngin' how its done...

post #15436 of 34071
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

Lukaku

12/13 17 goals
13/14 16 goals
14/15 9 goals so far

Is he really playing that bad?

I really don't know, thats why I asked. laugh.gif

Just heard he was, I don't watch Everton tho unless they're playing one of the top seeds.
post #15437 of 34071
Got this book for Christmas & started reading it earlier this week. Definitely recommend for Cules or die hard footy fans. The writer Marti Perarnau, was given full access starting with Pep's time in NYC through his first year with Bayern.

Interesting nugget... 6 players wanted to meet with Pep prior to the CL match with Madrid pleading to play more direct so Pep relented into playing a high 4-2-4 against Madrid's deep 4-4-1-1 which resulted in Bayern having no spaces to run into, no sustained possession, & most importantly to Pep - no connection between the holding midfielders and those in front of them.

Interesting stuff.



Also, the lady that does Juve TV is smokin.gif.

post #15438 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by psk2310 View Post

Bundesliga is back on with some solid games... Intrigued by the Wolfsburg vs. Bayern Munich (#2 vs #1). It looks like the Schurrle deal might not go through in time for him to join up with ex Chelsea man Kevin De Bruyne whose playing well for Wolfsburg. It'll be interesting to see how the team comes out to play after the untimely death of Junior Malanda.

Leverkusen vs Dortmund should be interesting too. Leverkusen need this win at home to try & over take Wolfsburg for the #2 spot. Dortmund of course needs to begin their uphill climb getting out of the relegation zone.

I'm debating on signing up for fuboTV PRO to see some German footy... World Soccer Talk provided these instructions to take advantage of a 14 day free pass. CC info is apparently required but it's supposed to be easy to cancel...

1. Visit the fuboTV PRO website.
2. Scroll down and click on “Get your FREE 14-day Pass”.
3. Click on “Sign Up With Email”.
4. Enter appropriate information, and then click “Sign Up”.
5. Click on “Start My Free Trial”
6. Enter credit card information (note: you will not be charged until after the 14-day trial expires; canceling is easy).
7. Once you are signed up, you can click on any of the programs/highlight videos that you wish.

http://static.fubo.tv/lp/goltv.html?mbsy=bfzvz

Not sure if I'm going to do this...

Edit - Doesn't look like their App shows games so it looks like you'll have to watch via desk top or lap top... eyes.gif

I'm on the fence as well, definitely want to watch some Bundesliga, and it would only be for half a season considering FOX gets the rights next campaign. The app not showing games may be the deal breaker though. Another option is KlowdTV which doesnt have an app but says their website can be fully accessed through mobile devices. https://www.klowdtv.com/
post #15439 of 34071
Damn, Korea hasn't won the Asian Cup since 1960... sick.gifeyes.gif

Taegeuk Warriors!
post #15440 of 34071
Off to Old Trafford tomorrow.

Last time we beat Utd away was 1998...January 31st to be exact wink.gif
post #15441 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by psk2310 View Post

Also, the lady that does Juve TV is smokin.gif.

:o

#QuestFor8

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

El Tricolor 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Reply

#QuestFor8

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

El Tricolor 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Reply
post #15442 of 34071
Carlo confirmed today Illarra will start tomorrow against his former team. He also said Lucas Silva will get minutes too. James who had the flu earlier this week practiced today & Carlo hinted he'd play out on the right wing.

Madrid picked up 20 year old River Plate keeper Augusto Batalla... Supposed to be Argentina's most promising keeper.

Very interested to see how Barca plays the Yellow Subs who have been one of the stand out teams in La Liga this campaign. They've won their last 11 games. I wish this was an away game for Barca to get a give them a bigger test (since Barca has been awful on the road).
post #15443 of 34071
Bayern losing at the half nerd.gif
TEAMlateNIGHT
Sometimes it's darkest just before dawn..
Joie de vivre
Reply
TEAMlateNIGHT
Sometimes it's darkest just before dawn..
Joie de vivre
Reply
post #15444 of 34071
Got damn! Looking at the gamecast & Wolfsburg jumped out on Bayern 2-0 so far (halftime). Striker Bas Dost has a brace...

Rayo & Depo are tied 1-1 with a couple of mins left in the first half... Depo is a plucky side (having just been promoted from Segunda)....
post #15445 of 34071
PSG scored a sexy goal earlier.

With all the noise around the Chelsea/City game, I'm just looking forward to it being over with.
post #15446 of 34071
Quote:
Originally Posted by atransta View Post
 

:rollin

 

true! I just did a google search on his IG and damn it is terrible

:lol at those random karaoke-session videos

 

Regarding the whole Leicester/Asian thing, I was in Bogotá, Colombia a couple of weeks ago for two college friends' wedding, and if I had gotten a penny for every stare I received for being Asian (or speaking English), I'd be a millionaire--especially in the countryside villages. It was in a harmless, "whoa I've never seen one of you guys before" type of way, not anything malicious. Even got a few requests from local Colombians to take a picture with me :lol which amused the white friends I was down there with. Definitely was an experience for me, considering I had never been in South America before and all the previous places I've traveled to have pretty sizable Asian populations.

post #15447 of 34071
4-1 Wolfsburg...wasn't expecting that
post #15448 of 34071
bayern caught that work pimp.gif
TEAMlateNIGHT
Sometimes it's darkest just before dawn..
Joie de vivre
Reply
TEAMlateNIGHT
Sometimes it's darkest just before dawn..
Joie de vivre
Reply
post #15449 of 34071
De Bruyne was balling today. Too bad that he isn't a Mourinho player. I am happy for him. May Junior Malanda's soul rest in peace. Such young man.
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
“Do. Or do not. There is no try.”
Reply
post #15450 of 34071
That was an awesome tribute for Junior before the game,such a shame that he passed at such a young age mean.gif. What better way to come out and honor his memory than the performance they had pimp.gif

881542.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › ⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️