Originally Posted by psk2310
Gunners really interested in Adrien Rabiot?
Yea, that's the rumor. But apparently PSG is valuing him at 24mil as of this morning. Earlier in the week, I read that we made a bid around 10mil.
I also read today that Khedira, Bender and Carvalho are on AW shortlist
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw
Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG
- Well nothing like desperation to help someone's act together, if you want to keep getting paid while being relevant than this is the time to straighten out but I don't think it'll happen in Mario's case.
- I don't blame Di Maria for wanting to leave. Keep brining in guys at my position and won't give me what I'm worth? Bye. If Wenger
(and United also) was smart he'd go after Khedira
yesterday along with Rabiot.
- Crystal Palace did all that work just to come crumbling down. Some clubs just know how to sabotage their own progress.
I believe he already tried during this window.
The wage package that Khedira wanted, was out of Wenger's budget.
Yea, I think he was asking for at least 150k/week. Maybe in this current situation, he'll lower it a bit.
Originally Posted by B Fresco
Originally Posted by RoOk
eh alexis sanche wages are pretty high..ozil as well.
They make 130K GBP a week.
Better believe Cavani commands MORE. Try 150-200k.
I can't see it happening, especially with Ibra out. And as mentioned, the wages. But I think Wenger would be a little more willing if it was a world class striker. Apparently Monaco is willing to sell Falcao. City is already being linked. Looks like they will offload Negredo, Valencia are interested in him.
I think Falcao might be "cheaper" than Cavani but I'm sure his wages are just as high.
Originally Posted by ChampCruThik
Originally Posted by B Fresco
You hit the nail on the head. There aren't many available.
Rumors have us linked with Toby Alderlongname (Atleti) who has the ability to play CB. That's how scarce the quality of available CB's is now.
Given our transfer dealings in the past, it leaves us with access to very little, IE we aren't in the running for Benatia (Roma). I'm curious as to who else is even available this late in the summer.
Given the fact that we were linked to Smalling and Jones (from Man U) at one point this summer (although prolly tabloid fodder), one can see that this position is VERY difficult to fill.
Thought you might mention Alderweireld. I prefer him at RB even though his natural position is central.
I haven't come across any rumors of us being linked to Alderweireld. But we have been heavily linked to Kostas Manolas. Apparently we made a 11mil bid earlier in the week. I'm just glad to see us not being linked to Ashley Williams again
I'm sure a lot is hanging on whether we make the CL or not. It's great that we kept a clean sheet but there's a lot of pressure.
@samuelJayC Lille forward Kalou is to join Wolfsburg, according to @Eurosport. Fee £4m. Celtic with very late interest.
- Juventus want to sign a striker before deadline; Hernández & Podolski on Allegri's shortlist, reports @DiMarzio.
- Real Madrid have offered Sami Khedira to Arsenal for £12m, reports @johncrossmirror.
- Sherwood, Hoddle & Mackay now all out of running for Palace job. Lennon, Millen, Jol & Clarke new favourites.
- Greek forward Samaras to join West Brom on Friday, reports @John__Percy. Scored 74 goals in 248 games at Celtic.
- The 3 defensive midfielders top of Wenger's shortlist are Khedira, Carvalho & Bender, report @TeleFootball.