NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room. - Page 78

post #2311 of 2374
Yeah, I don't see what a married man possibly cheating and having consexual sex with a different woman has to do with raping someone. Rape is rape; there have been many cases where husbands have raped their own wives, so this whole "she should not be drinking alone with a married man" deflection is idiotic
post #2312 of 2374
Capes be flown
House music changed me...Dame Dash vs. French Pimps. I still bankhead bounce.
Reply
House music changed me...Dame Dash vs. French Pimps. I still bankhead bounce.
Reply
post #2313 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

Still waiting on the logic behind married men who drink with women IN A PRIVATE SETTING (can't forget that because it's very relevant) cannot control themselves and will definitely end up harming that woman with 0% chance of anything positive coming out of that situation.

If you have some scientific sources that explain this phenomenon that'd be great too.

its a cultural relativism thing.

you're also drinking alcohol (a drug that impairs judgement) with a Man that's claimed already by his wife. Certain culturals around da world would see it and read it as implied that da woman patronizing a man in that setting is "asking for it".

women in this Country will tell you that, its also in da same category as accepting gifts from a man, expectations come attached to those.

alot of this stuff is unwritten rules men & women operated on for centuries, so i can see where some of ya don't see why ya contemporary logic don't square with da scenarios.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2314 of 2374
There's no such thing as asking for rape (unless their both on some FetLife ****). That's a disgusting, prehistoric, barbaric notion. If you happen to be a part of a culture that perpetuates that, stop being a loser follower and rise above, redefine it for the better. It happens all the time.
post #2315 of 2374
No thread is complete with the most illiterate and ignorant poster of all time adding his two cents.

Drinking alone with a married man and possibly having consensual sex is not the same thing as her asking to be raped. Can't believe this has to be explained
post #2316 of 2374
If you want to know how awful you look and where you lie on the issue of civil liberties, the answer lies in whether ninja is on your side or not.
post #2317 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


its a cultural relativism thing.

you're also drinking alcohol (a drug that impairs judgement) with a Man that's claimed already by his wife. Certain culturals around da world would see it and read it as implied that da woman patronizing a man in that setting is "asking for it".

women in this Country will tell you that, its also in da same category as accepting gifts from a man, expectations come attached to those.

alot of this stuff is unwritten rules men & women operated on for centuries, so i can see where some of ya don't see why ya contemporary logic don't square with da scenarios.

 

So because of the implication? Even with it being cultural, it's goofy and as time goes on people are realizing how stupid it is to assume meeting with a married man implies something immoral. I get it, it's dumb, but I get it.

 

So if a woman has a glass of water with a man does that make it better? What about PowerAde? It's got electrolytes.

 

Women in this country will also tell you "No" when a man advances on them even if their drunk. But rapists don't care.

 

We are getting past this concept of "If I buy you a drink you owe me sex" mentality. A cranberry and vodka doesn't give you the right to what's in a woman's panty drawls. Again, I get it but it's dumb and it's a lazy excuse to defend a statement of nothing positive can come of having a drink with a married man in a private setting.

 

 

 

So why would the man put himself in that situation? Why aren't y'all wondering why men don't use common sense and avoid all of that instead of expecting the woman to do it?

post #2318 of 2374
Buddha's last pic was too real, society emphasizes women to not get raped over teaching men to not rape. I mean look at the focus of this discussion.
post #2319 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


alot of this stuff is unwritten rules men & women operated on for centuries, so i can see where some of ya don't see why ya contemporary logic don't square with da scenarios.

 

I wonder how you feel about some of the Muslim countries laws that forbid women from being outside alone with no male escort? Or that women should cover the entire bodies?

 

Should women wear pants? Have jobs?

 

Since we are defending unwritten rules that the majority of the world have moved past let's see how far back we need to go in the time machine

post #2320 of 2374
You guys are arguing with a molester who justified Trump's sexual assaults with the following :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

are we acting like da white house ain't been da slizzore house already? laugh.gif

all that tape did is to remind me to make sure i got cake at all times so i can pet 🐱 for a lonnnnnng time pimp.gif
post #2321 of 2374

Image result for smh gif tenor.co

'scust

post #2322 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


So because of the implication? Even with it being cultural, it's goofy and as time goes on people are realizing how stupid it is to assume meeting with a married man implies something immoral. I get it, it's dumb, but I get it.

So if a woman has a glass of water with a man does that make it better? What about PowerAde? It's got electrolytes.

Women in this country will also tell you "No" when a man advances on them even if their drunk. But rapists don't care.

We are getting past this concept of "If I buy you a drink you owe me sex" mentality. A cranberry and vodka doesn't give you the right to what's in a woman's panty drawls. Again, I get it but it's dumb and it's a lazy excuse to defend a statement of nothing positive can come of having a drink with a married man in a private setting.



So why would the man put himself in that situation? Why aren't y'all wondering why men don't use common sense and avoid all of that instead of expecting the woman to do it?

I'm just giving u da method to da madness on a cultural relativism norm.

as for your question, see Mike Pence with not being alone with a woman.

some of this stuff is just old world formalities that's still around on da under current of contemporary Western culture, and alot more prevalent when you go overseas.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2323 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


I wonder how you feel about some of the Muslim countries laws that forbid women from being outside alone with no male escort? Or that women should cover the entire bodies?

Should women wear pants? Have jobs?

Since we are defending unwritten rules that the majority of the world have moved past let's see how far back we need to go in the time machine

that's why i said cultural relativism.

anybody here gonna go to Muslim land and tell them how they operate with their woman doesn't suit ya word view?

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2324 of 2374
All humans, unless they have a mental disability (which is such a hard gray area to talk about), can control their own sexual desires. Therefore, it shouldn't be hard to ask a person regardless of gender to not rape anyone.
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #2325 of 2374
@ninjahood this is where I disagree with religion a lot, as there are very arcane concepts on relationships and morality. It may have worked centuries ago in maintaining order, but it's becoming more irrelevant as seen in most first world countries.
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #2326 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


I'm just giving u da method to da madness on a cultural relativism norm.

as for your question, see Mike Pence with not being alone with a woman.

some of this stuff is just old world formalities that's still around on da under current of contemporary Western culture, and alot more prevalent when you go overseas.

 

The issue here is y'all are arguing what she should have done acting like she is the only one who could have prevented this from happening. And another problem is that you think because this is how folks used to think doesn't mean it still needs to be applied to today's society. I don't think I need to use an example.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


that's why i said cultural relativism.

anybody here gonna go to Muslim land and tell them how they operate with their woman doesn't suit ya word view?

 

Even still, you are using a few cultures to defend a general situation. I was told that a married man having drinks with a woman in a private setting has a 100% chance that it's going to end badly for the woman. Your response is in some societies it doesn't look good. That doesn't prove that claim

post #2327 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer23 View Post

all funny until it happens to someone you love...i made a thread about my wife being assaulted and was amazed that so many other users knew somebody close to them that was assaulted...

but if you come in a thread where it is a celebrity that's being accused dudes make jokes towards the women..then the thread turns to false accusations...***** amazing

I read your story back then. Keep your head up man.

post #2328 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentrification View Post

Capes be flown

The kid who defends Cosby is bothered that rape victims are viewed sympathetically

Shocker
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
Break your back. Make you humble.
Reply
post #2329 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

I'm just giving u da method to da madness on a cultural relativism norm.

as for your question, see Mike Pence with not being alone with a woman.


some of this stuff is just old world formalities that's still around on da under current of contemporary Western culture, and alot more prevalent when you go overseas.

The issue here is y'all are arguing what she should have done acting like she is the only one who could have prevented this from happening. And another problem is that you think because this is how folks used to think doesn't mean it still needs to be applied to today's society. I don't think I need to use an example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

that's why i said cultural relativism.


anybody here gonna go to Muslim land and tell them how they operate with their woman doesn't suit ya word view?

Even still, you are using a few cultures to defend a general situation. I was told that a married man having drinks with a woman in a private setting has a 100% chance that it's going to end badly for the woman. Your response is in some societies it doesn't look good. That doesn't prove that claim

no one here is using absolutisms to absolve culpability of a rapist, what's merely being articulated is da lack of situational awareness being expressed on a cultural context that would've mitigated alot of what subsequently happens because of unwritten societal norms.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2330 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


no one here is using absolutisms to absolve culpability of a rapist, what's merely being articulated is da lack of situational awareness being expressed on a cultural context that would've mitigated alot of what subsequently happens because of unwritten societal norms.

 

I asked why somebody said there is absolutely no positive outcome to having drinks with a married man in a private setting. I'm not looking for a "in some cultures" answer. I'm asking why is there a 100% chance that there will be a negative outcome.

 

Now this isn't your question so if you can't answer it, cool I don't expect you to.

post #2331 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nako XL View Post

I read your story back then. Keep your head up man.

appreciate you....
post #2332 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

no one here is using absolutisms to absolve culpability of a rapist, what's merely being articulated is da lack of situational awareness being expressed on a cultural context that would've mitigated alot of what subsequently happens because of unwritten societal norms.

I asked why somebody said there is absolutely no positive outcome to having drinks with a married man in a private setting. I'm not looking for a "in some cultures" answer. I'm asking why is there a 100% chance that there will be a negative outcome.

Now this isn't your question so if you can't answer it, cool I don't expect you to.

that's fair, for da record i think 100% is a lil obscene laugh.gif but i do get da rumblings of da cultural context.

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply

https://instagram.com/Ninjahood_

Team Platano

 Da Wash Heightz B

 

 

Reply
post #2333 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post


that's fair, for da record i think 100% is a lil obscene laugh.gif but i do get da rumblings of da cultural context.

 

Had he added any kinda qualifier "barely any" "little to none" "practically none" this convo would be elsewhere

 

 

I understand the cultural side of it. Meeting alone in a private setting with a married man looks bad for BOTH parties. There are few cultures that wouldn't have a problem with that but there are MANY platonic relationships that exist in both personal and business relationships.

 

Once you set the thought of a woman avoiding drinking alone with a man you have to then question other situations like should a woman feel comfortable at a bar where women are a minority? But ultimately it will still come back to why men don't have the same pressure applied to them to avoid attacking/raping women?

post #2334 of 2374
@iamDEF I would hear these excuses for the rapist often
"He couldn't resist" or "if she wasn't that attractive, he wouldn't have done it"
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #2335 of 2374

I too have seen it and back in high school I probably said something similar but I can't help but be disgusted now. It's an immature and ridiculous thought to blame somebody for someone else forcing themselves on them.

 

 

At times I hate to see women man-bash but I understand where it's coming from

post #2336 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiengambino View Post

@iamDEF I would hear these excuses for the rapist often
"He couldn't resist" or "if she wasn't that attractive, he wouldn't have done it"

People are ****** up man mean.gif

"Our grandfathers had to run, run, run. My generation's out of breath. We ain't running no more."
Reply

"Our grandfathers had to run, run, run. My generation's out of breath. We ain't running no more."
Reply
post #2337 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamDEF View Post

I too have seen it and back in high school I probably said something similar but I can't help but be disgusted now. It's an immature and ridiculous thought to blame somebody for someone else forcing themselves on them.


At times I hate to see women man-bash but I understand where it's coming from
Yeah I'm not down with the man bashing, but when it comes to rape, it's a different story. We probably have said some real ignorant statements when we were young, but as we get older and talk to actual victims of rape, we realize how much victim blaming really hurts them and lets the disgusting people that did the crime off the hook.
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
LA Dodgers,Anaheim Ducks, LA Galaxy, LA Lakers, Carolina Panthers smokin.gif

Follow me on Twitter @therantingazn
Reply
post #2338 of 2374

Most of the time I let the man-bashing fly because most excuses I can use, although the guys in the this thread don't like the comparison, are far too similar to when people defend cops for killing unarmed men. "Not all men are the same" "There are good guys out there". Once I noticed that trend I stepped out of a lot of conversations.

post #2339 of 2374
Yeah I don't see how you speak to any victims of rape/assault and have anything but empathy. Can't see anyone hearing their story then going "well why were you there?".
post #2340 of 2374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC415 View Post

You guys are arguing with a molester who justified Trump's sexual assaults with the following :
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjahood View Post

are we acting like da white house ain't been da slizzore house already? laugh.gif

all that tape did is to remind me to make sure i got cake at all times so i can pet 🐱 for a lonnnnnng time pimp.gif
Damn ninja. Aint been in the political thread in a hot min.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any worse with race relations you leap right in to the pedophile pool sick.gifmean.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › NBC employee claims Bill Cosby paid off women, invited young models to dressing room.