NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD - Page 45

post #1321 of 2814
That

MOONWALK.gif~c200

laugh.gif

Hope that's the last of that though and he can get on the same page...
post #1322 of 2814
lol

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #1323 of 2814
Yoooo
Quote:
@IAmJustise: Wikipedia asking for donations... Might have to do it. Wouldn't have gotten thru high school without it. Definitely not duke #Loyalty

Justise got jokes roll.gifroll.gif
post #1324 of 2814

frown.gif
post #1325 of 2814
HEAT FAMILY CHECK IN TIME!!!
----BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE----
GATORNATION ALUM
Reply
----BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE----
GATORNATION ALUM
Reply
post #1326 of 2814
The last two monday games they played they lost to teams playing the night before. The heat played last night and are currently winning by 10. Only explanation is lack of effort.
post #1327 of 2814
Great game coming off that back to back pimp.gif
post #1328 of 2814
Impressive win tonight considering the trouble that we've had with Atlanta recently pimp.gif

Wade and Haslem play in the 4th but Whiteside doesn't. Still doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, we need that type of aggression from Goran every night. On to Brooklyn.
Heat| Eagles|Hurricanes |Dolphins|Chelsea FC
pimp.gif NT Madden 16 League Season 2 Champion pimp.gif
Reply
Heat| Eagles|Hurricanes |Dolphins|Chelsea FC
pimp.gif NT Madden 16 League Season 2 Champion pimp.gif
Reply
post #1329 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyonenine View Post

Wade and Haslem play in the 4th but Whiteside doesn't. Still doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, we need that type of aggression from Goran every night. On to Brooklyn.

Beside's this everything was well, probably our best game so far ball movement wise. I like that he got more touches but not affording him a minute in the fourth is a head-scratcher

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #1330 of 2814
Quote:
@BTRowland:
Highly embarrassing "Let's Go Heat" chant from the crowd at the final buzzer. Salt in the wound for the Hawks.

roll.gifpimp.gif
post #1331 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyonenine View Post

Impressive win tonight considering the trouble that we've had with Atlanta recently pimp.gif

Wade and Haslem play in the 4th but Whiteside doesn't. Still doesn't sit well with me. Anyway, we need that type of aggression from Goran every night. On to Brooklyn.


At this point, I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he leaves this team in the offseason.

Spo is giving Whiteside the Mike Beasley treatment mean.gif
post #1332 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305 View Post


My only question is... What has Whiteside done to earn the trust of his head coach? Trust is a two way street and you don't earn trust by airing your grievances on social media. You don't earn your coaches trust by continually pouting on the bench. How is the coach gonna trust Whiteside in the 4th quarter is he continually makes dumb mistakes in the 1st quarter?

I can almost guarantee he'll get more PT down the stretch of games if he came in and busted his butt with the PT he does get. He'll play more if he didn't get into early foul trouble and was smart with the ball. This is not a lottery team. This is a team who has big aspirations and Whiteside has to grow up quickly. The Heat can't afford for Whiteside to continually make rookie mistakes. He has to understand there is a pecking order on this team and he's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.... yet!

It's cliche, but leaders don't make excuses and complain. They do their job and make the best with what they have. Let the chips fall where they may. If coach Spo was a garbage coach, so be it. Come in and dominate, keep your mouth closed and get paid somewhere else.

 

honestly, whiteside has done A LOT to earn the trust of the head coach. namely, being the the 1a or 1b most consistent player on team this season. next to TJ. i dont think he would be pouting on the bench so much, if he wasn't on the bench so much. no matter what spo isnt using whiteside correctly. i dont think whiteside should be so public with his dissatisfaction. but he clearly has a reason to be dissatisfied. He nailed it by saying hes a lion in a cage. Let him loose to do what he does best. Benching him and then WATCHING the team get torn up inside makes zero sense. those big aspirations you're talking about are almost centered AROUND whiteside. 

 

the heat kept rio on the team for what, 7, 8 years? all the sudden we have an immediate impact player and cant afford rookie mistakes? whiteside is NOT a leader. spo is. and as leader, spo has to make better coaching decisions. but yall already know how i feel about spo's "coaching" ability.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDirtyReseller View Post
 

Nah man, Whiteside's been due some complaining. He's been getting stemmed to the bench for whatever and ignored on offense. Gerald Green is averaging more shots a game than him...man, they don't even have any plays for him. Terrible for the development of a big man, who is suppose to be a big part of your team and supposedly future. He's struggled but I feel like a big part of that is the level of trust Spo has showed to him. Spo's showed a grandeur amount of trust in just about everybody but him... I know some of y'all think otherwise, but I don't like it. I feel like he should have been up in arms and complaining earlier and I was mad that he wasn't complaining while getting stepped all over... this should have happened earlier, I don't really think it was a big deal

 

i agree. hes clearly got sky high potential and is getting better at a good rate. but spo always finds a way to break his stride or rhythm. hes allowed to have a bad game. hes allowed to get 5 fouls. let him learn through experience. if you bench him THIS much, he wont get the experience necessary to stop making those mistakes you hate.

 

itd be like trying to teach a kid how to drive, but instead of correcting their mistakes. u tell em pull over im driving from here. they will NEVER learn that way.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboski View Post


At this point, I wouldn't blame him or be surprised if he leaves this team in the offseason.

Spo is giving Whiteside the Mike Beasley treatment mean.gif

 

 

ACCURATE


Edited by TEKtheMAESTRO - 12/15/15 at 7:24am

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #1333 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305 View Post



White Jesus done cut off the hair... I wonder if it'll help his shooting?

 

why is he practicing shooting? itll never happen in a game.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #1334 of 2814
Woah woah woah...WTF is this?!?!
Quote:
@sheridanhoops:
Sources: @DwightHoward extremely unhappy with #Rockets. Best landing spot is with #Heat in @youngwhiteside deal: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/12/15/sheridan-dwight-howard-unhappy-in-houston-headed-to-miami/

Don't do it Don...

Also not sure I want to see Justise gone already too...http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/12/15/scotto-celtics-heat-and-bulls-lining-up-for-demarcus-cousins/
post #1335 of 2814
Neither of those deals will happen
post #1336 of 2814
They're both tremendously stupid so I hope not laugh.gifsick.gif, Riles has way more sense than that
post #1337 of 2814
DaWhite Howard in the 305, hide your wife hide your kids mean.gif
post #1338 of 2814
Bring us Boogie, but with the salary cap I don't see it happening.
post #1339 of 2814
post #1340 of 2814

bruh if we trade whiteside....on GOD ive lost all faith in the franchise. that will have ripple effects in our future for signing talent. besides... with spoelstra at the helm, we'll get boogie and bench him.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #1341 of 2814
Whiteside and Winslow? nah, trynna turn us into Dallas

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #1342 of 2814
Cousins is better than anyone on this team and he's cheap.

But if they make that Dwight trade, I will have no words.
Heat| Eagles|Hurricanes |Dolphins|Chelsea FC
pimp.gif NT Madden 16 League Season 2 Champion pimp.gif
Reply
Heat| Eagles|Hurricanes |Dolphins|Chelsea FC
pimp.gif NT Madden 16 League Season 2 Champion pimp.gif
Reply
post #1343 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

bruh if we trade whiteside....on GOD ive lost all faith in the franchise. that will have ripple effects in our future for signing talent. besides... with spoelstra at the helm, we'll get boogie and bench him.

Out of curiosity, how exactly would it have ripple effects?
post #1344 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w View Post


Out of curiosity, how exactly would it have ripple effects?

 

sends a warning that anybody can get chopped. up and comers STILL want to come to play for the heat. if we show that we willing to bench and then axe anybody, including allstar caliber talent, our future pool of hopefuls will see that. it also sets bad precedent within the fandom. chopping whiteside for cousins tells miami fans "dont get too used to anybody we bring in" and thats not good for a franchise. if we becoming a revolving door of talent... smh bad for everybody long term.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #1345 of 2814
But that's always been Pat Riley's M.O.
post #1346 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEKtheMAESTRO View Post

sends a warning that anybody can get chopped. up and comers STILL want to come to play for the heat. if we show that we willing to bench and then axe anybody, including allstar caliber talent, our future pool of hopefuls will see that. it also sets bad precedent within the fandom. chopping whiteside for cousins tells miami fans "dont get too used to anybody we bring in" and thats not good for a franchise. if we becoming a revolving door of talent... smh bad for everybody long term.

We just got a couple of championships off that policy.
post #1347 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w View Post

But that's always been Pat Riley's M.O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soychulo View Post


We just got a couple of championships off that policy.
 
incorrect. pat riley doesnt believe in revolving door aka high turnover. we all know the don bout loyalty. lebron LEFT. after riley put up a fight. u see how long we kept rio and co. we dont sign people then trade em next year. thats just not what we're about. who did we sign and trade for a superstar after a year soy? O_o what are u talkiing about thats pat m.o.? have we been losing high potential players that i dont know about? and who did we sign off them cuz we need them to come in the game lol

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #1348 of 2814
Not sure if you are calling Whiteside a superstar or not. IMO he is not even a star at this point. He has potential but that is where it ends for the time being.

I'm referring to Riley being willing to cut players that are contributing or could be contributing. Riley is loyal to a point. He is a savvy GM that will pull the trigger on a trade whenever it suits him. From my perspective he's been loyal when it serves the organization's best interests.

Haslem would not be here if he didn't give us a discount. IMO Cole was as valuable to us as Rio, but he got shipped. Ennis wasn't making progress so can't hold that against Riley.

Wade is the face of the franchise's championships.

My point is that Riley does his job well. He'll do what gets us the most value, whether it be trading for players or cap space.
post #1349 of 2814
And honestly everyone major contributor in Heat history outside of Wade in the Rioey Era was acquired via trade and/or free agency.

Lamar Odom
Jamal Mashburn
Eddie Jones
Tim Hardaway
Alonzo Mourning
Shaquielle O'Neal
Lebbywinks
Chris Bosh

This is what Riley does, acquiring Boogie would be exactly in line with what he has done in the past
post #1350 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by soychulo View Post

Not sure if you are calling Whiteside a superstar or not. IMO he is not even a star at this point. He has potential but that is where it ends for the time being.

I'm referring to Riley being willing to cut players that are contributing or could be contributing. Riley is loyal to a point. He is a savvy GM that will pull the trigger on a trade whenever it suits him. From my perspective he's been loyal when it serves the organization's best interests.

Haslem would not be here if he didn't give us a discount. IMO Cole was as valuable to us as Rio, but he got shipped. Ennis wasn't making progress so can't hold that against Riley.

Wade is the face of the franchise's championships.

My point is that Riley does his job well. He'll do what gets us the most value, whether it be trading for players or cap space.

i said allstar CALIBER talent. whiteside will be there if he keeps improving the way he is. well, if he can stay off the bench long enough to grow. cole was here for 3 or 4 years. Not, 1 year then shipped off. you say hes loyal when it serves our best interests... but ive yet to see an example when he has been unloyal. nobody is pulled in to be shipped off. everyone is here for a purpose and riley does right by everyone to my knowledge. ennis wasn't even here for a full year. he didnt play in like 20 games last year. literally. dude was on a trial run, and failed unfortunately.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w View Post

And honestly everyone major contributor in Heat history outside of Wade in the Rioey Era was acquired via trade and/or free agency.

Lamar Odom
Jamal Mashburn
Eddie Jones
Tim Hardaway
Alonzo Mourning
Shaquielle O'Neal
Lebbywinks
Chris Bosh

This is what Riley does, acquiring Boogie would be exactly in line with what he has done in the past

 

i mean.... what else do u expect to acquire people with outside of trade and free agency 90% of the time? and like i said, we dont trade away key pieces for a superstar. it doesn't happen. whiteside is a key piece. its very obvious. riley did NOT bring in whiteside to shine him up and raise his stock, then offload him for a superstar. riley brings in talent in hopes that they will stay and hes shown it in his tenure here. 

 

you guys are implying whiteside might be on the chopping block according to pat rileys history and that simply isnt true.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD