NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD - Page 9

post #241 of 2814
Some nice talent playing on the Summer League roster.

Travis Trice, Seth Tuttle and Josh Smith from UCLA/Georgetown laugh.gifsmokin.gif
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
post #242 of 2814
They've declined Super cool Beas's $1.3 option, effectively a free agent. I doubt he'll be back for a 4th tenure this time ...
----BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE----
GATORNATION ALUM
Reply
----BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE----
GATORNATION ALUM
Reply
post #243 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2cool80 View Post

They've declined Super cool Beas's $1.3 option, effectively a free agent. I doubt he'll be back for a 4th tenure this time ...

An end of an era... wish the best for him

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #244 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7 View Post

Some nice talent playing on the Summer League roster.

Travis Trice, Seth Tuttle and Josh Smith from UCLA/Georgetown laugh.gifsmokin.gif

Those are the most interesting three that I seen on the roster for me as well

 

Trice almost reminds me of Napier, except he is not as turnover prone(which has been haunting Bazz since highschool) and has slightly better shot selection

 

Tuttle has decent footwork for a forward

 

and Josh Smith, for a 350 lb dude(60 lbs more than Big Baby) can keep up and is more agile than it looks that he should be... he might be able to push his way to the post at will but I doubt he has much of a chance of making the roster unless he seriously commits

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #245 of 2814
Deng opting in. Didn't expect that laugh.gifsmokin.gif

Just need to lock down Dragic and Wade and we giving folks problems this year, B. nthat.gif
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
post #246 of 2814
Thread Starter 
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 12m12 minutes ago
To Heat's own surprise ... Luol Deng has decided to stay with Miami. Another break for the Heat after getting Winslow on draft night


nthat.gif
HEAT - DOLPHINS - I AM MIAM! - MARLINS - THE U
Reply
HEAT - DOLPHINS - I AM MIAM! - MARLINS - THE U
Reply
post #247 of 2814

Didn't expect it either, he could've opted out for a longer contract. Good news for the Heat

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #248 of 2814
Deng pimp.gif. Now time for Wade county to follow suit...hopefully

Welcome the newest member of the Heat fam,Mr Winslow pimp.gifpimp.gif



post #249 of 2814
Wade opts out

South Florida Living

Reply

South Florida Living

Reply
post #250 of 2814

As much as it pains me to say it- I hope some team overpays him and he leaves.

post #251 of 2814
not surprised. Honestly wouldn't trip if he walks. I say we go after Monta. Same scoring production at a (much) cheaper price.
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
San Diego Chargers


UNC Tarheels


Miami Heat

PSN: JUSTBLAZE2k7
Reply
post #252 of 2814

No... :lol we need Wade and Monta would be a major downgrade

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply

"WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA" ~ Gil Scott

Reply
post #253 of 2814
At this point I'm indifferent to Wade opting out. It's been all but confirmed for weeks that he would opt out. I would love for him to stay a "Heat Lifer," but if he doesn't want to be on the team I respect that. Get paid and role out into the sunset.

Edit: But for the love of god, please do not go to the Cleveland Cavaliers. That would be the ultimate sign of disrespect. I'm all for player empowerment, but I couldn't accept that
post #254 of 2814
In other news The Heat's 2nd round pic just got in town ready to work. We need some good news after all this LeBron, Wade, melodrama over the last 2 seasons. One of these young pups gotta break out.

June 29, 2015




Edited by SpottieOttie305 - 6/29/15 at 1:36pm
post #255 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305 View Post

At this point I'm indifferent to Wade opting out. It's been all but confirmed for weeks that he would opt out. I would love for him to stay a "Heat Lifer," but if he doesn't want to be on the team I respect that. Get paid and role out into the sunset.

Edit: But for the love of god, please do not go to the Cleveland Cavaliers. That would be the ultimate sign of disrespect. I'm all for player empowerment, but I couldn't accept that

Co-sign on everything,I'd be sick to my stomach seeing him in Cavs colors sick.gif. Same with the Lakers but that's not happening laugh.gif
post #256 of 2814

the game aint over heat fam. wade may have opted out to get more cash on the new contract. which is exactly what he wanted and theyve been discussing remember? he could easily resign for an extra 2-4mil a year. dont give up just yet. but i agree, we've had way 2 much drama these past 2 offseasons. and i honestly feel like lebron has rubbed off on wade in this way. smh hes really tarnished his image with this whole fiasco.

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply

PSN: TEKtheMAESTRO || Twitter: TEKtheMAESTRO || Everything: TEKtheMAESTRO

 

Reply
post #257 of 2814

Man, I'm really torn on this Wade situation.

 

If the Heat pays him what he's looking for, we are pretty much screwed on any big time FA's in 2016. On the other hand, it would pain me to see him in a different uniform and not retiring as a Heat.

 

We are not close to being a championship team with or without Wade, so do we just hit the restart button?? I have no idea..

 

It's the ultimate test of a fan being loyal to either the player or the team...

post #258 of 2814
Maaan. Wade is what made me a fan way back in 04.. Lol. That is my dude for life and he will always be a Heat lifer even if he leaves.

I dont see him leaving.. How much is he asking for?
post #259 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsone View Post

Maaan. Wade is what made me a fan way back in 04.. Lol. That is my dude for life and he will always be a Heat lifer even if he leaves.

I dont see him leaving.. How much is he asking for?

It was being reported that Wade wanted something close to a max deal (roughly $60+ million) over 3-4 years, but the Heat allegedly offered him $30 million over 3 years. This is where rumblings of "disrespect" came out.

Then it was later reported they were prepared to offer Wade something closer to $45 million over 3 years. The deal was supposedly top heavy with like $20 million for next season and $12 million in year 2 and 3 to give the team wiggle room to make land big Free Agents in 2016 while retaining Whiteside. But Wade is done with sacrificing for the good of the team... allegedly.

But take this all with a grain of cocaine becasue this is all unofficial. The funny thing about this whole situation is the team and players are not even allowed to communicate. It could all be lies that either the organization or Wade's camp put out to sway public opinion.

Had he opted in he would have been making $16.1 million next year and would've been a free agent next year.
post #260 of 2814
In light of what happened with Lebron in the finalsI think players, even the superstars, know they need help. Knowing this, why would a player demand max money, knowing his team wouldn't have flexibility for future acquisitions? Not saying that Wade doesn't deserve the cash, but I do think the writings on the wall. He wants to go to a competitor, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Cleveland.
post #261 of 2814
^^^ Cleveland can only pay him the mid-level exemption, which is only about 4.5million. He's best bet for a decent contract is either The Lakers or the Knicks.

As much as I would love Wade to comeback and finish his career with Miami I'm not all in to paying him some outlandish contract that's not worth his worth. Him giving up money to sign/resign players like Deng, McRoberts, and Chalmers weren't the smartest decision but very commendable. Even when McRoberts was healthy he looked like trash and Chalmers had basically his worst season statistically since his rookie year.

Unless Bosh comes back next season and has an MVP like year next year I don't see us doing that much drasticly different other then making the playoffs as a 6-7-8th seed. It's basically going to be the same team with Bosh (healthier and older) and Wade (slower, still refusing to shoot 3s, and older 34).
post #262 of 2814
Can LeBron and love sign for less to add Wade?
TEAM PACIFIC NORTHWEST
TEAM MIAMI HEAT
TEAM NOTE 4
Reply
TEAM PACIFIC NORTHWEST
TEAM MIAMI HEAT
TEAM NOTE 4
Reply
post #263 of 2814
We gonna be better then a 6,7, or 8th seed with dragic, Wade, winslow/Deng, healthy bosh and Whiteside.
We didn't get dragic til late, Bosh got ill, we'll have another year under our belt hopefully with a healthy team
TEAM PACIFIC NORTHWEST
TEAM MIAMI HEAT
TEAM NOTE 4
Reply
TEAM PACIFIC NORTHWEST
TEAM MIAMI HEAT
TEAM NOTE 4
Reply
post #264 of 2814
Curse all these budget restrictions lmao
post #265 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTriz View Post

We gonna be better then a 6,7, or 8th seed with dragic, Wade, winslow/Deng, healthy bosh and Whiteside.
We didn't get dragic til late, Bosh got ill, we'll have another year under our belt hopefully with a healthy team

 

We'll be better no doubt, but still not a strong contender and it'll only be more difficult in the subsequent years as Wade ages and becomes more injury prone. For that reason I think we're best off letting him walk, developing our young core this season, ensuring we're able to re-sign Whiteside and make a big splash next off-season with one of the big guns that'll hit the market.

post #266 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarPit View Post
 

 

We'll be better no doubt, but still not a strong contender and it'll only be more difficult in the subsequent years as Wade ages and becomes more injury prone. For that reason I think we're best off letting him walk, developing our young core this season, ensuring we're able to re-sign Whiteside and make a big splash next off-season with one of the big guns that'll hit the market.

 

Are we sure that Whiteside is the real deal?! I mean, the REAL deal...  I know he had an amazing season but it was.. what, bit more than half the season? This year is a big test to determine if Whiteside is the worth max money, because that's essentially what he will be looking for...

 

Even with everyone relative healthy, we are not contenders. I can't see us beating the Cavs yet or a top western team. Our bench is still going to be terrible

 

Wade can't have his cake and eat it too. I don't see any real contender giving him near the money he's looking for...

 

3yr/$40m contract, everyone wins....

post #267 of 2814
^^^ I like that 3year $40mil for Wade.

But If Whiteside has another year like last if not "BETTER", he would surpass Deandre Jordan in all around game. Also, teams this summer are looking to give Deandre near max if not max money for a center who basically blocks shots, rebounds, and dunks. That's his game in a nut shell. But let's not forget he CANT SHOOT FREE THROWS FOR NOTHING!

Whiteside has post moves, blocks shots just as good as any star big man (Dwight howard, Ibaka, and Deandre), already is a 12-15 rebound per game center, shoots above average free throws for a BIG, and plays with an attitude.

If Wade walks, I think it best to pursue Monta Ellis. A lineup of:

Dragic
Ellis
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

That squad would give any starting 5 on any team a run for their money. At this stage in Wades career that's a better lineup now WITHOUT him then WITH him.
post #268 of 2814
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshLeeLA View Post
 

 

Are we sure that Whiteside is the real deal?! I mean, the REAL deal...  I know he had an amazing season but it was.. what, bit more than half the season? This year is a big test to determine if Whiteside is the worth max money, because that's essentially what he will be looking for...

 

Even with everyone relative healthy, we are not contenders. I can't see us beating the Cavs yet or a top western team. Our bench is still going to be terrible

 

Wade can't have his cake and eat it too. I don't see any real contender giving him near the money he's looking for...

 

3yr/$40m contract, everyone wins....


Can't be 100% certain because of the sample size and potential immaturity issues that may still be lingering, but I saw plenty enough to know he's worth the gamble and is more important to our future than Wade is.

 

Like you said, if (and that's a big one with Wade and Bosh) we're able to stay healthy we're still probably not a legitimate contender. We may as well take a similar approach to that of the Bucks/Celtics this past season; play with house money while gaining valuable playoff experience, and relinquish the pick we owe to Philly.

 

At this point it seems whomever is willing to give Wade the contract he's demanding or even close to it will regret it. Just praying it's not us. I have a hard time seeing any win-win scenario.

post #269 of 2814
Thread Starter 
I believe we'll be a much better team next season. I also believe that Whiteside WILL be a monster. Had Bosh not got that clot, we might've done some damage LAST season. I CAN NOT wait to see this team at full force.......

We're getting Winslow too. This kids is TALENTED! IMO, he was the BEST player in this draft. If big men weren't on such big demand (what makes Whiteside so valuable), he could/should have been the #1 overall pick.
HEAT - DOLPHINS - I AM MIAM! - MARLINS - THE U
Reply
HEAT - DOLPHINS - I AM MIAM! - MARLINS - THE U
Reply
post #270 of 2814
Whiteside should get paid.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › OFFICIAL 2016 @HEAT PLAYOFF THREAD