Originally Posted by mizzoe33
Who do you guys got for playoff seeding?
1. Thunder: New coach will make the most of off the rotation players while KD and Russ will do their thing under a new system. Russ will have an MVP season
2. Warriors: expect more of the same. Coaches contemplating game plans to stop curry, maybe see different strategies to slow him down
3. Clips: Deandre Jordan will have a disappointing season after all the drama this offseason
4. Rockets: Deep team. Can win it all if healthy
5. Spurs: Their PG position will be an issue. PGs will feast on the spurs the same way they used to feast on Fisher and the Lakers
6. Pelicans: Healthy Holiday and >D , better coach and improved AD
7. Memphis: I think they have a down year and take a step back. They have not improved at all.
8. Kings: Boggie and Coach will settle things and put it behind them. Rondo will play much better under a system that supports his style and he makes Gay and Ben look good.
Just missing it: Utah and PHX. Dallas will disappoint.
2. Cleveland: LeBron will have his rest. The team is more experienced but they will continue to deal with injuries/ locker room problems
3. Miami: Possibly the strongest starting five in the east but weak bench. Health and Whiteside are the question marks
4. Washington: Their bigs are a year older, no Paul, Coach is hot and cold. If Beal and Otto can take the next step, they will make it far in the Playoffs
5. Boston: They will continue to improve on what they built on last year
6. Atlanta: Last year's playoffs will hurt them this year. Unless they can get a go to guy, this team will have a 1st round exit
7. Detroit: they were clicking end of last year but with the injuries and Josh Smith leaving at the end of the season, it was too little too late. This year they bring it together Jackson will prove his contract and Drummond will be an all-star
8. Bucks: J Kidd will lead this team to the playoffs. Shooting will consistently be a problem. Even though they have a ton of length, Monroe and Parker and not the best defensive players and will face trouble there.
Toronto: I believe the GM will pull something via trade to improve this team or the exact opposite and rebuild like his original plan two years ago. Val will only get better if he gets touches. It's all on coach to set him up. Stop depending on Derozan, he is a great third option at best (See Odom and Iggy).
Indy and Charlotte will be close but they are not good enough to make it
Philly and Portland will compete for last spot.
Lakers and Knicks will disappear in that irrelevant zone (Philly taking Lakers pick!), Russell will struggle heavily first half of the season and so will Randle. Kobe will actually take it easy this year...but he will still speak his mind, especially with Hibbert. Clarkson will ball out.
Minny will be a ton of fun to watch, Waggins will take a big step forward.
Muduai and Jah will compete for rookies of the year