Super Bowl prediction: Ravens vs. Packers
- Gary Kubiak and Marc Trestman, as OC's, are interchangeable for me, personally. Kubiak's clearly better at + has far more experience managing all the moving parts when you're heading a coaching staff - but as OC's I don't think the drop-off will be too steep after the first one or two games. Offense is littered with veterans.
- Ravens OL one of the better units in the league, returning all five starters from a year ago when Joe Flacco was only sacked 19 times all year
- One of the more underrated running backs in all of football, Justin Forsett, resigned.
- Maxx Williams should have an instant impact and will upgrade a TE unit that hasn't been healthy in recent years (aka Dennis Pitta).
- Steve Smith, while slowing down in the second half of last season, should be fine especially in a Trestman-oriented offense. Then Breshad Perriman, who I liked pre-draft a lot, should be in a position to adapt by Week 8 and a position to succeed by then too, provided he doesn't see the bench early on if he goes through a series of dropped balls (problem with him in the past).
- Don't think a 2015 Timmy Jernigan and a 2015 Haloti Ngata are that different at all.
- Dumervil/Suggs combined for 29 sacks in 2014. Can't expect that again, but even a reduction - provided the reduction is not both players absolutely falling off a cliff in the same year - would still rank among the top 1-2s in production. Brandon Williams there too.
- Secondary is key, curious to see how Jimmy Smith's Lisfranc injury has fared in recovery and how productive he might be in 2015. L.Webb restructured his deal to stay in Baltimore. Safety position is the biggest question mark of all though.
Of all the team's and their question marks though, I think the Ravens appear strong enough in several other areas where they could sustain being a bottom-third to mid-tier (at best, probably) secondary and still win a lot of games. Hell, they did it last year.