NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Lets talk about LUPE
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lets talk about LUPE - Page 2

post #31 of 50
Only album I don't like really is FnL2. Favorite song from LASERS was All Black Everything pimp.gif Murals is my new joint too. smokin.gif
@theoneslost
Mind Over Matter
Reply
@theoneslost
Mind Over Matter
Reply
post #32 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandPuba26 View Post
 

 

Good one man. You might have gotten a different album.

 

Lupe is one of the greatest artist of this generation. His music is much bigger than just hip hop. He's the type of rapper I want non-hip hop heads to listen to.

 

I dig Lupe. In fact, I think he's probably has the best potential out of any hip hop artist to debut in the last 10 years.  At his best, his work is a perfect blend of lyricism, great hooks, strong song concepts, and production. His first two albums are him at the peak of his abilities.

 

Since then though...dude has fallen off. T & Y continues the descent. Take a track like murals, which NT loves to death...its great lyricism, but its not a song so much as Lupe just showing off for however many minutes. It may be good lyricism, but its not good music.

The Oft-ignored Voice of Reason

Reply

The Oft-ignored Voice of Reason

Reply
post #33 of 50
before Lasers I honestly thought he had potential to go down as one of the top 5 to ever do it, and after Lasers I just can't look at him the same way. Have heard great things about T&Y, so I need to take time to give it a quality listen sometime.

Seen him 10 times live, and his show at HOB Hollywood in '08 I believe it was is still one of the greatest shows i've ever been to. 2 1/2 hours, played almost all of the first 2 albums as well as a bunch of mixtape cuts. unreal.
post #34 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton View Post

before Lasers I honestly thought he had potential to go down as one of the top 5 to ever do it, and after Lasers I just can't look at him the same way. Have heard great things about T&Y, so I need to take time to give it a quality listen sometime.

Seen him 10 times live, and his show at HOB Hollywood in '08 I believe it was is still one of the greatest shows i've ever been to. 2 1/2 hours, played almost all of the first 2 albums as well as a bunch of mixtape cuts. unreal.

cosign all this except I havent seen him 10 times
post #35 of 50
Used to be one of my favorites
post #36 of 50
I can't talk Lupe with people because i am an admitted Stan. I still claim if you don't like him its because you don't get it.
T&Y is pure art. I can't say enough about it honestly. Play it backwards. It tells the story. The songs stand on their own and as a big picture. The lines in each song have 2 meanings the songs themselves carry multiple meanings and the album its self as a whole has multiple meanings. It blows me away what he was able to do.

I saw him live pre-lasers and it was a top 5 concert for me ever. His energy is fantastic. He does things that other rappers don't and he takes it seriously. Down to the breath control he doesnt' skip a bar. No hype man....he raps every word, knows where he can and can't take a breath to not mess up the song.

My favorite rapper by far
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
post #37 of 50
Man FNL2 had some dope tracks on it
post #38 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jking0821 View Post

I can't talk Lupe with people because i am an admitted Stan. I still claim if you don't like him its because you don't get it.
T&Y is pure art. I can't say enough about it honestly. Play it backwards. It tells the story. The songs stand on their own and as a big picture. The lines in each song have 2 meanings the songs themselves carry multiple meanings and the album its self as a whole has multiple meanings. It blows me away what he was able to do.

I saw him live pre-lasers and it was a top 5 concert for me ever. His energy is fantastic. He does things that other rappers don't and he takes it seriously. Down to the breath control he doesnt' skip a bar. No hype man....he raps every word, knows where he can and can't take a breath to not mess up the song.

My favorite rapper by far

I used to stan over Lupe, for a long time until T & Y came out I kinda stopped checking for him. T & Y was fantastic and much better than I expected, but I barely play it now.

It's a top 5-7 release of the year, but I gotta say, at the end of the day I rather listen to Kendrick than Lupe. Both great artists, both doing it a little differently, but TPAB was/is perfection to my ears.

Sadly the only chance I ever got to see Lupe perform
Was right when Lasers dropped, his energy was insane for such a mediocre album, no doubt dude is a great performer.
post #39 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

Used to be one of my favorites
post #40 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cragmatic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jking0821 View Post

I can't talk Lupe with people because i am an admitted Stan. I still claim if you don't like him its because you don't get it.
T&Y is pure art. I can't say enough about it honestly. Play it backwards. It tells the story. The songs stand on their own and as a big picture. The lines in each song have 2 meanings the songs themselves carry multiple meanings and the album its self as a whole has multiple meanings. It blows me away what he was able to do.

I saw him live pre-lasers and it was a top 5 concert for me ever. His energy is fantastic. He does things that other rappers don't and he takes it seriously. Down to the breath control he doesnt' skip a bar. No hype man....he raps every word, knows where he can and can't take a breath to not mess up the song.

My favorite rapper by far

I used to stan over Lupe, for a long time until T & Y came out I kinda stopped checking for him. T & Y was fantastic and much better than I expected, but I barely play it now.

It's a top 5-7 release of the year, but I gotta say, at the end of the day I rather listen to Kendrick than Lupe. Both great artists, both doing it a little differently, but TPAB was/is perfection to my ears.

Sadly the only chance I ever got to see Lupe perform
Was right when Lasers dropped, his energy was insane for such a mediocre album, no doubt dude is a great performer.

I hear you and can completely understand that. The thing about kendrick is he very black pride driven in his music. And being white, i just don't relate to it as much as i imagine others do. Obviously not a bad thing but lupe speaks to me more.

repped either way
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Reply
post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jking0821 View Post

I hear you and can completely understand that. The thing about kendrick is he very black pride driven in his music. And being white, i just don't relate to it as much as i imagine others do. Obviously not a bad thing but lupe speaks to me more.

repped either way

I'm white as well. And I get what you're saying. It's like the first time I heard "Murder To Excellence" from
WTT, I can't really relate to it, but I can appreciate it for being some great music.

When TPAB released I had a hard time trying to listen to it deeper, then one night I just listened to it front to back about 5 times and fully understood the album, the message, and absolutely loved the production.

Side note, the other night I walked into my friends apartment and he was bumping "TRON" from T & Y, and yes, that album is fantastic as well. Mural alone is a top 5 track of the year and in terms of pure rap ability might be number 1.
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jking0821 View Post

I can't talk Lupe with people because i am an admitted Stan. I still claim if you don't like him its because you don't get it.
T&Y is pure art. I can't say enough about it honestly. Play it backwards. It tells the story. The songs stand on their own and as a big picture. The lines in each song have 2 meanings the songs themselves carry multiple meanings and the album its self as a whole has multiple meanings. It blows me away what he was able to do.

I saw him live pre-lasers and it was a top 5 concert for me ever. His energy is fantastic. He does things that other rappers don't and he takes it seriously. Down to the breath control he doesnt' skip a bar. No hype man....he raps every word, knows where he can and can't take a breath to not mess up the song.

My favorite rapper by far
pimp.gif Lupes GOAT
post #43 of 50
Pharaoh 2/30 is crazy!! Lu can flip any beat and make it his own sound, KINGS is too dope
post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVLAR View Post
 

Greatest rapper to debut in the 21st century

I am a fan of Lupe, but you are definitely on one if you believe this. 

post #45 of 50
Really enjoying this new tape
Don't You Miss the Danger?

http://uneverno.tumblr.com/
Reply
Don't You Miss the Danger?

http://uneverno.tumblr.com/
Reply
post #46 of 50
Link to the news tape
post #47 of 50

I think Lupe is a insanely dope MC but I can't rock with a lot of his production choices & when he tries to do pop cuts. But that's just me. Overall he is very underrated though.

 

P.S. Here's his new new..

http://rgf.is/albums/44305-lupe-fiasco-pharaoh-height-ep

The Key to life is learning how to pick locks - Me 


PSN:CresnoFresh

Fun Fact: I am permanently banned from certain threads due to certain homicides
Reply

The Key to life is learning how to pick locks - Me 


PSN:CresnoFresh

Fun Fact: I am permanently banned from certain threads due to certain homicides
Reply
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlunderKingpin View Post

I can't rock with a lot of his production choices & when he tries to do pop cuts.
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton View Post

before Lasers I honestly thought he had potential to go down as one of the top 5 to ever do it, and after Lasers I just can't look at him the same way. Have heard great things about T&Y, so I need to take time to give it a quality listen sometime.

Seen him 10 times live, and his show at HOB Hollywood in '08 I believe it was is still one of the greatest shows i've ever been to. 2 1/2 hours, played almost all of the first 2 albums as well as a bunch of mixtape cuts. unreal.

I remember this! Was it in January? It 2008 the month after The Cool dropped. This show solidified my fandom
post #50 of 50
Lu went out of his mind on Pharoah pimp.gifpimp.gif

10/10
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Music › Lets talk about LUPE