NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️ - Page 43  

Poll Results: Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

 
  • 48% (37)
    Yup, still very young and filled with potential...
  • 51% (39)
    Nah, no CM could be worth that much...
76 Total Votes  
post #1261 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

I see people are still overlooking the fact that in one summer United have completely gutted out and re-worked it's foundation. But hey, it is what it is.

I'm happy to see the deadweight gone, a solid foundation being built, and the right key players being added in.

People are acting like this is another window like the Moyes window.

Okay the deadweight is gone but it's not dfficult to get rid of players, but didn't the United fans put Woody on this crazy pedestal? That wasn't from us neutrals laugh.gif

I'm just saying, if you were to ask me a week ago I might have put United in 2nd place to finish the season, today I'd say 4th, no doubt about it - Same as last season. Pedro was a huge loss, trusting that RW position to be put on Adnan or Ashley Young is so "mehhhhh" sick.gif

Then your boy Rooney living up to my status of "the most overrated player in the world" is another worrying issue. But hey, TW is not closed yet so ya'll might pull something off that makes my expectations higher, I just don't think their is much on the market tho. Unless someway or somehow they pull off a surprise Bale & De Gea switch.
post #1262 of 50776
After the incompetence in the market post Fergie yea we put Woody on a pedestal laugh.gif. Was about damn time we used our financial muscle on talent but I don't recall anyone calling him the new Perez who can get signings at the snap of a finger or anything like that.
Dudes love putting words in our mouths/building strawmen laugh.gif.

Im just gonna semi patiently wait for what they have in store this year at the deadline...
post #1263 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

I see people are still overlooking the fact that in one summer United have completely gutted out and re-worked it's foundation. But hey, it is what it is.

I'm happy to see the deadweight gone, a solid foundation being built, and the right key players being added in.

People are acting like this is another window like the Moyes window.

Okay the deadweight is gone but it's not dfficult to get rid of players, but didn't the United fans put Woody on this crazy pedestal? That wasn't from us neutrals laugh.gif

I'm just saying, if you were to ask me a week ago I might have put United in 2nd place to finish the season, today I'd say 4th, no doubt about it - Same as last season. Pedro was a huge loss, trusting that RW position to be put on Adnan or Ashley Young is so "mehhhhh" sick.gif

Then your boy Rooney living up to my status of "the most overrated player in the world" is another worrying issue. But hey, TW is not closed yet so ya'll might pull something off that makes my expectations higher, I just don't think their is much on the market tho. Unless someway or somehow they pull off a surprise Bale & De Gea switch.


WOT?!?!

Did you see who United had on their books recently? And believe it or not, MONEY was actually paid for some of these players:

Cleverley
Anderson
Nani (with those ridiculous wages)
RVP (with those ridiculous wages)
Rafael (when was the last time you saw him play more than 90min's in a row?)

Last season there was a backline of Tyler Blackett and Yung Paddy.

Not too long ago the dynamic duo of Anderson and Cleverley were dominating the midfield indifferent.gif

United are making the right moves. It takes time to build a squad to be predicted as number 1. I've said for a while now that don't expect United (because of a good TW or two) to suddenly gunning for first. I've always said top 4 and deep runs in competition is most key right now.
post #1264 of 50776
Stop making sense,they dont want to hear us out Eiddy laugh.gif
post #1265 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Where are all the WOODY GIFS/MEMES!!!!????!!!!

That's what I'm talking about. Come on ya'll. laugh.gif

How about Rooney with his ridiculous wages? not all the deadweight is gone laugh.gif
post #1266 of 50776
Didnt realize this was the no fun footy thread. Got it,no more memes...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ed-woodward-manchester-united-executive-vice-chairman_3046697.jpg

No one really (guess besides you) considered Rooneh as dead weight until now laugh.gif
post #1267 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Of course it was fun and entertaining to see the woody stuff before, but it's also fun and entertaining now that things have basically made a 180 degree turn and the Woody stuff is in the trash folder. Ya'll are the ones arguing that everything is cool now while we're telling you otherwise and making jokes about how I things changed so quickly laugh.gif

I was saying that if getting rid of RVP and Nani this summer because of their wages was a success, then getting rid of Rooney compared to his wages would be one also, no? For a team that makes €200 million a year in endorsements, I don't think Letting RVP/Nani go should be a success. Getting players to REPLACE them should be a success. Who knows, if ya'll don't pick up a striker ya'll may regret letting RVP go if Rooney continues to wander around.
post #1268 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

I mean it has been good business though laugh.gif,we've had aa little under 10m in net spending this summer on some solid,impactful aquisitions. Missing out on both these dudes won't make or break our season but I'm sure LVG has something planned before the end of the window.

*
Think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about this summer...laugh.gif
We've been linked with him since the beginning of the summer. Once it seemed Raheem was less likely to sign with us we switched our focus back to Pedro. Then decided to opt for Firmino instead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-arsenal-target-pedro-commits-5821752

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/03/why-barcelonas-pedro-rodriguez-would-be-perfect-summer-transfer-for-liverpool-5226566/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumours-reds-9528648

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/25/liverpool-ready-to-sign-pedro-in-transfer-window-5266311/
post #1269 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Ya'll were dishing and dishing before now you got to be able to take and take...laugh.gif














Man United Line-up This Weekend





I mean this is funny great stuff courtesy of Twitter. laugh.gif

PS. At least ya'll got Depay, best signing of the summer.
post #1270 of 50776
Quote:
 

 

:x

 

People are gonna learn one day that people on twitter and the internet don't forget  :rollin

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

post #1271 of 50776


Damn!
post #1272 of 50776
Oh and nobody here has a vested interest in "hating" on Man U. It's just that u dudes were parading in here talking about how u get who u want, and "Lord Woodward" but the lineup talent-wise is still a joke compared to United's standards. With all that money and history at the club the bar should be higher for a successful window to just be getting rid of dead weight. All that money doesn't do the fans of the team anything if it isn't being spent on bringing in top tier talent.

The longer u dudes are irrelevant, the better it is for Chelsea and City's brand and it hurts you guys.
post #1273 of 50776
Also the lack of objectivity from some u dudes is wack
post #1274 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

I mean it has been good business though laugh.gif,we've had aa little under 10m in net spending this summer on some solid,impactful aquisitions. Missing out on both these dudes won't make or break our season but I'm sure LVG has something planned before the end of the window.

*
Think it was pretty obvious that I was talking about this summer...laugh.gif
We've been linked with him since the beginning of the summer. Once it seemed Raheem was less likely to sign with us we switched our focus back to Pedro. Then decided to opt for Firmino instead.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-arsenal-target-pedro-commits-5821752

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/03/why-barcelonas-pedro-rodriguez-would-be-perfect-summer-transfer-for-liverpool-5226566/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-transfer-rumours-reds-9528648

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/25/liverpool-ready-to-sign-pedro-in-transfer-window-5266311/

Every single source you mentioned is a rag laugh.gif
post #1275 of 50776
A.B.U is so rampant in this thread... feed our egos please
@bennyfonzarelli

FS/FT SUPREMExJORDAN CAMO sz 9.5.. Looking for sz 8.5 Jordan 1's
@bennyfonzarelli

FS/FT SUPREMExJORDAN CAMO sz 9.5.. Looking for sz 8.5 Jordan 1's
post #1276 of 50776
smokin.gif
@bennyfonzarelli

FS/FT SUPREMExJORDAN CAMO sz 9.5.. Looking for sz 8.5 Jordan 1's
@bennyfonzarelli

FS/FT SUPREMExJORDAN CAMO sz 9.5.. Looking for sz 8.5 Jordan 1's
post #1277 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Of course it was fun and entertaining to see the woody stuff before, but it's also fun and entertaining now that things have basically made a 180 degree turn and the Woody stuff is in the trash folder. Ya'll are the ones arguing that everything is cool now while we're telling you otherwise and making jokes about how I things changed so quickly laugh.gif

I was saying that if getting rid of RVP and Nani this summer because of their wages was a success, then getting rid of Rooney compared to his wages would be one also, no? For a team that makes €200 million a year in endorsements, I don't think Letting RVP/Nani go should be a success. Getting players to REPLACE them should be a success. Who knows, if ya'll don't pick up a striker ya'll may regret letting RVP go if Rooney continues to wander around.

Okay, I'll bite.

Rooney is extremely important to United. It's why almost foolishly, another ridiculously long and large contract was given to him. But I can see why. Rooney is that English heart of the club that United will not let go of (at least not until another replacement is found). He's the symbol and flagship of United. It's why his face is plastered all over every single piece of United memorabilia there is. Getting rid of Nani and RVP was easy because they were not the face of United (English Futbol). On the pitch his versatility is a plus.

I wish I could find that article now that I read a while ago that basically showed how Rooney is important to the United brand, so much so that the club will often overlook many aspects of his play and contract disputes.
post #1278 of 50776

 

 

Keep em coming :lol

post #1279 of 50776
laugh.gif at a fan waiting outside of the grounds for LVG....he presented his plan for United...

CM2C3pPXAAAv4_H.jpg
post #1280 of 50776
post #1281 of 50776

Gonna need LVG to listen to that dude :lol,his list is on point.  

post #1282 of 50776

Every single source you mentioned is a rag roll.gif

I honestly wouldn't even bother to type in "bleacher..." into my browser, no matter how bored I was.
post #1283 of 50776

I highly doubt Pedro would've wanted to leave the European champs to play in the Europa league...no disrespect meant to you specifically as usual :lol 

post #1284 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beans718 View Post

A.B.U is so rampant in this thread... feed our egos please

ABU (Anyone But United) seems to be the consensus between all the top players in Europe at the moment as well...






Wait For It...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #1285 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Okay, I'll bite.

Rooney is extremely important to United. It's why almost foolishly, another ridiculously long and large contract was given to him. But I can see why. Rooney is that English heart of the club that United will not let go of (at least not until another replacement is found). He's the symbol and flagship of United. It's why his face is plastered all over every single piece of United memorabilia there is. Getting rid of Nani and RVP was easy because they were not the face of United (English Futbol). On the pitch his versatility is a plus.

I wish I could find that article now that I read a while ago that basically showed how Rooney is important to the United brand, so much so that the club will often overlook many aspects of his play and contract disputes.
100m
80kanecomp0311a.jpg
post #1286 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Every single source you mentioned is a rag roll.gif

I honestly wouldn't even bother to type in "bleacher..." into my browser, no matter how bored I was.
It doesn't matter. We've been linked with him for sometime.


http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2015/04/09/10602782/pedro-im-in-a-difficult-situation-at-barcelona

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-news-transfer-rumours-9700800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

I doubt Pedro would've wanted to leave the European champs to play in the Europa league...no disrespect meant to you specifically of course laugh.gif  
I don't mind playing in Europa. We've fallen from grace and have to work our way back up to greatness. It is what it is. Unlike some other fans who's club has fallen and are going through the struggle, I'm not in denial about it.
post #1287 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Okay, I'll bite.

Rooney is extremely important to United. It's why almost foolishly, another ridiculously long and large contract was given to him. But I can see why. Rooney is that English heart of the club that United will not let go of (at least not until another replacement is found). He's the symbol and flagship of United. It's why his face is plastered all over every single piece of United memorabilia there is. Getting rid of Nani and RVP was easy because they were not the face of United (English Futbol). On the pitch his versatility is a plus.

I wish I could find that article now that I read a while ago that basically showed how Rooney is important to the United brand, so much so that the club will often overlook many aspects of his play and contract disputes.
100m
80kanecomp0311a.jpg

Are you speaking about the WELSH player on the right? Or the player on the left who had one good season, which started to slow down when teams figured him out last season? Or both?
post #1288 of 50776
Any great white hope will do
post #1289 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDiginson View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

I doubt Pedro would've wanted to leave the European champs to play in the Europa league...no disrespect meant to you specifically of course laugh.gif  
I don't mind playing in Europa. We've fallen from grace and have to work our way back up to greatness. It is what it is. Unlike some other fans who's club has fallen and are going through the struggle, I'm not in denial about it.

I'm talking about Pedro and his own situation specifically since that's what you quoted me on...

 

I still haven't heard anyone in denial on our end...did you not see all the *****ing and complaining about what we were seeing last year or the year before?? C'mon man :lol:lol. We've known that we've been witnessing some struggle *** football for a while now,just glad that we got out of the abyss fast enough

post #1290 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Okay, I'll bite.

Rooney is extremely important to United. It's why almost foolishly, another ridiculously long and large contract was given to him. But I can see why. Rooney is that English heart of the club that United will not let go of (at least not until another replacement is found). He's the symbol and flagship of United. It's why his face is plastered all over every single piece of United memorabilia there is. Getting rid of Nani and RVP was easy because they were not the face of United (English Futbol). On the pitch his versatility is a plus.

I wish I could find that article now that I read a while ago that basically showed how Rooney is important to the United brand, so much so that the club will often overlook many aspects of his play and contract disputes.

Well said, but I know why he's important to United off the field (even tho he's asked for a transfer twice) and I agree with everything you said.

But that just feeds my argument about what I've been saying for years, when it all boils down to it - he's an overrated player who continually gets a pass for his play, personality, wages, and controversy because he's English. United deserve better. SAF got it right in the end.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️