NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️ - Page 601  

Poll Results: Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

 
  • 48% (37)
    Yup, still very young and filled with potential...
  • 51% (39)
    Nah, no CM could be worth that much...
76 Total Votes  
post #18001 of 50776
Took this from Football365


The Prem’s rubbish, guys
Can we please abandon the idea that there is anything positive about the current state of the PL? It’s like watching a prolonged FA Cup third round upset: miserable.

As an exercise in pure entertainment, perhaps the current league is more entertaining than the mid and late 00s when Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool comfortably finished in the top 4 (although I’m not convinced the PL has ever been more entertaining than when Utd won it by 18 points. It was glorious). Isn’t it wonderful that, thanks to the PL’s unmeritocratic distribution of television revenues, the likes of Leicester and Stoke can spend money they only have because they piggyback on the commercial success and profile of Utd and others? Well no, it isn’t.

Never mind that clubs are spending money they shouldn’t have and haven’t earnt. From a simple sporting perspective, the competitiveness of the PL is a disaster. The relentlessness and physicality of the competition guarantees that year after year, tournament after tournament, English clubs and players are exhausted come spring, and therefore unable to compete with the better rested squads of Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc.
The combination of this exclusion from major continental honours, and a league in which competition is physical and protection still limited, therefore dissuades elite players from coming to or staying in England. Forgive me if, after Cantona, Veron, Stam, Ronaldo, Tevez et al., I’m just not that impressed by the success of Ighalo, Jamie Vardy, Jason Puncheon or Riyadh Mahrez.

The standard to which English clubs should aspire is consistent excellence in European competition (like three CL finals in four years). Not to be competing with Leicester, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace, and celebrating a league for its lack of quality is frankly obtuse.
Chris MUFC




Took this from a football website that takes submissions from fans. I hope "ChrisMUFC" loses the ability to write because that is one of the worst things I've read regarding football. Bitter because the leagues getting stronger? Jesus Christ, it's amazing for the Premier league that it's becoming more competitive.
post #18002 of 50776

awesome.  i wish they would do an in-depth analysis of his tactics in bayern.  During his time at bayern he has really evolved and pushed the envelope in his tactics. Bayern has played in so many different formations it's pretty crazy to see.  It will be interesting to see him in England where teams are very traditional in their tactics and he wont have the talent he had at bayern.

the depth of bayern really allowed him to experiment.  I think the  closest team in terms of depth is probably madrid. 

meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
post #18003 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEGGSY View Post

Took this from Football365




Took this from a football website that takes submissions from fans. I hope "ChrisMUFC" loses the ability to write because that is one of the worst things I've read regarding football. Bitter because the leagues getting stronger? Jesus Christ, it's amazing for the Premier league that it's becoming more competitive.

yeah i disagree with him that the teams are getting exhausted and getting eliminated from europe...the simple fact of the matter the other top squads of europe are just amzingly stacked right now. 

 

the top talent isn't in the BPL that's why they aren't competing in europe like other teams. 

meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
post #18004 of 50776
Lol that article was trash don't eem know eem know why you shared it. It acts as if the prem is full communist with all teams having equal money.

I think the main point of the article is being salty that EPL teams underachieve in Europe. As if other leagues don't play the same amount of domestic league and cup fixtures. Dudes are acting like Prem teams at the top are playing their starting XIs for all those side cups. And then saying top players don't like to play there because of physicality laugh.gif. Like of all the reasons, that's why Bayern, Barca, and Real are on another level. Because all the players seek refuge there from the physicality of the prem, and because EPL teams are too poor to afford players because of TV money being shared.
post #18005 of 50776
LVG out nerd.gif

This **** really is like transfer day with all the news coming in pretty fast
post #18006 of 50776
Thread Starter 
I like Arsenal fans, they may be one of the most passing hate and ride or die fans out there.

But it feels like "delusion" and lack of "perspective" is a problem within the fanship lol. NOT ALL, not even most, just more than others - so please don't shoot me.

I think this is the year for you guys tho, it has to be!! If you guys collapse during this year, a year where - Leicester is topping the table, United playing like absolute ****, Chelsea is in 16th place, etc. I'll truly feel terrible for you guys, but it might just be the funniest thing ever because of Wenger. laugh.gif



Now going forward is LvG really happening? Like soon I mean? Is it possible Jose will be managing United within a couple weeks? eek.gif

Also beans, I can't believe you want to groom Ryan Giggs to be your potential manager one day, and be the face of United. That is ridiculous.
post #18007 of 50776

BREAKING: The #LAGalaxy have transferred Omar Gonzalez to @Tuzos: https://t.co/KmFPUJNV7Q pic.twitter.com/lIucYKvkAI

— LA Galaxy (@LAGalaxy)

December 22, 2015

 

 

:lol

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #18008 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyeed View Post

Lol that article was trash don't eem know eem know why you shared it. It acts as if the prem is full communist with all teams having equal money.

I think the main point of the article is being salty that EPL teams underachieve in Europe. As if other leagues don't play the same amount of domestic league and cup fixtures. Dudes are acting like Prem teams at the top are playing their starting XIs for all those side cups. And then saying top players don't like to play there because of physicality laugh.gif. Like of all the reasons, that's why Bayern, Barca, and Real are on another level. Because all the players seek refuge there from the physicality of the prem, and because EPL teams are too poor to afford players because of TV money being shared.
The majority of that article is bs but some truth in EL teams being tired esp during knockout stages in CL. I've said that plenty of times here. Like Most other league will be on break now but not the EPL. This is actually the busiest time in the EPL. I think most teams play 4 games in a 12 day span. Most managers in the EPL have wanted them to take a break but the FA will never do it since the generate so much during this period.
post #18009 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEGGSY View Post



@rck3sactown happy.gifsmokin.gif

nice man, have fun at WHL! 

 

 

still can't believe how affordable the tickets were for all the stadiums I went to 

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #18010 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEGGSY View Post

Took this from a football website that takes submissions from fans. I hope "ChrisMUFC" loses the ability to write because that is one of the worst things I've read regarding football. Bitter because the leagues getting stronger? Jesus Christ, it's amazing for the Premier league that it's becoming more competitive.

 

Repped because I agree with you completely. Who ever wrote that is an idiot. these were the worst parts to me :lol

 

Quote:
 Forgive me if, after Cantona, Veron, Stam, Ronaldo, Tevez et al., I’m just not that impressed by the success of Ighalo, Jamie Vardy, Jason Puncheon or Riyadh Mahrez.

 

Like the league doesn't have the likes of Ozil, Silva, Sanchez, Aguero, KDB, Hazard etc.

 

Quote:
 
As an exercise in pure entertainment, perhaps the current league is more entertaining than the mid and late 00s when Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool comfortably finished in the top 4 (although I’m not convinced the PL has ever been more entertaining than when Utd won it by 18 points. It was glorious)

 

*Looks at name of the person who wrote this*

ChrisMUFC

 

my reaction (Click to show)

 

 

He sounds like a dude who's just salty United might not be winning the title anytime soon :rollin 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

post #18011 of 50776
Right.

If United aren't winning something must be wrong with the league eyes.gif
post #18012 of 50776
The EPL is my favorite league but there is a few things wrong with it. Mostly its the FA, they care more about making money then improving the English game, They need to insert a winter break. How the hell is the Epl the only top European league without a winter break. Bundesliga has a 5 week break and all other league have 3-4 week break
post #18013 of 50776
England enjoys being stuck in prehistoric practices.
post #18014 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG View Post

England enjoys being stuck in prehistoric practices.
the turnstiles to get into all their stadiums are not built for the 21st century man mean.gif

Legit made for ants

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #18015 of 50776
I think the month long break is a bit much, but I think a 2-3 week break after Boxing Day would do the league good.
P T F C
P T F C
post #18016 of 50776
Nah they just weren't built for fat americans lol
post #18017 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMomo View Post

Nah they just weren't built for fat americans lol

*Muerte* roll.gifroll.gif
post #18018 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMomo View Post

Nah they just weren't built for fat americans lol
roll.gifroll.gifroll.gif

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #18019 of 50776
City mean.gif
Aguero coming back and looking like buns out there. I know he will need to work his way back in but he wasn't himself it seemed. KDB was a threat but selfish at times. Not starting Sterling i think was the obvious mistake. But man that shot by Walcott was something else. Ozil is in the form of his life that is for sure. He is pure magic on the ball.

It still amazes me though watching Yaya turn it on. I still think when he wants to be he is the best box to box midfielder in the world. Dude does nothing but score big goals.

Good win though for Arsenal they are playing really well i know everyone assumes they will eventually fail...because they are arsenal after all...but Carzola will come back Alexis will be back....if they stay healthy and Giroud stays some what in form i think they honestly have the best shot to win the league based on talent and depth
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
Tannersville
Butchers Hill Bmore

XOTWOD
post #18020 of 50776

:rollin 

 

 

 

why isn't there any speculation of pep going to other leagues?

 

the bayern move was a suprise. 

pep at psg or juve would be :smokin


Edited by japejapejape - 12/22/15 at 12:20pm
meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
meal ticket ticket meal ticket ticket
post #18021 of 50776
As long as Zlatan is king of France, I don't think Pep will be going to Paris laugh.gif
"Lock this up Meth. Prime going through an identity crisis again, thinking he is Coupe this time"
"Lock this up Meth. Prime going through an identity crisis again, thinking he is Coupe this time"
post #18022 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by japejapejape View Post

roll.gif  



why isn't there any speculation of pep going to other leagues?

the bayern move was a suprise. 
pep at psg or juve would be smokin.gif
The levels of desperation in Manchester cant be matched anywhere in the world. That's why.
P T F C
P T F C
post #18023 of 50776

These stats make me happy :) I needed something to cheer me up after yesterday |I

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

post #18024 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyeed View Post

Lol that article was trash don't eem know eem know why you shared it. It acts as if the prem is full communist with all teams having equal money.

I think the main point of the article is being salty that EPL teams underachieve in Europe. As if other leagues don't play the same amount of domestic league and cup fixtures. Dudes are acting like Prem teams at the top are playing their starting XIs for all those side cups. And then saying top players don't like to play there because of physicality laugh.gif. Like of all the reasons, that's why Bayern, Barca, and Real are on another level. Because all the players seek refuge there from the physicality of the prem, and because EPL teams are too poor to afford players because of TV money being shared.
The reason I posted it was because it was trash laugh.gif but he seriously believes it.
post #18025 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Armada View Post
 

These stats make me happy :) I needed something to cheer me up after yesterday |I

the steve nash of the PL

post #18026 of 50776
How do the numbers compare to Ozil per game in the PL nerd.gif
post #18027 of 50776

On the forum where that was posted someone commented on that since the comparison was gonna come up.

 

Quote:

Since Özil joined Arsenal:

Özil - 62 games 29 assists & 11 goals.

Silva - 64 games 29 assists & 20 goals.

 

Per game stats I would have to find cause I don't know that.

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

post #18028 of 50776
Ozil has more assists than Messi since 2008 sick.gif

Oh and now the BBC reporter that tweeted about LVG being sacked claims he got hacked...eyes.gif
post #18029 of 50776
pimp.gif

Silva has Aguero to finish those assists

Ozil has "trash." Giroud

Which is more impressive nerd.gif
post #18030 of 50776

I also found this when comparing their stats this season in the PL.

 

David Silva: 8 appearances 6 assists in the PL (0.5)

 

Mesut Ozil: 16 appearances 15 assists in the PL (.93) 

EDIT: (I had the wrong number of appearances the first time for Ozil)

 

Silva has missed a lot of games this season :{ 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️