NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️ - Page 194  

Poll Results: Would you spend €100+ on Paul Pogba??

 
  • 48% (37)
    Yup, still very young and filled with potential...
  • 51% (39)
    Nah, no CM could be worth that much...
76 Total Votes  
post #5791 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Just seeing that lovely Arsenal score there... laugh.gif
Same score as yours yesterday wink.gif

Dinamo Zagreb though...
PSV though

Cause according to most of you in here, the PL is the epitome of football

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendasdeadbaby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtotheinay View Post

roll.gif bayern and olympiacos will top this group because arsenal is a garbage team
you a new N___, foh
post #5792 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noskey View Post

Better be the last time Arteta puts on an Arsenal kit. Worthless.

I think age has really gotten the best of him. At 33 now, he's looking like a shell of himself...
post #5793 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by louislagerfeld View Post

PSV though

Cause according to most of you in here, the PL is the epitome of football
you a new N___, foh

you talking to me or him? laugh.gif cause that wasn't my actual response
LA Lakers | LA Galaxy | LA Dodgers | LA Rams | FC Bayern Munich
PSN - vtotheinay

twitter.com/vtotheinay
instagram.com/vtotheinay
LA Lakers | LA Galaxy | LA Dodgers | LA Rams | FC Bayern Munich
PSN - vtotheinay

twitter.com/vtotheinay
instagram.com/vtotheinay
post #5794 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by louislagerfeld View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by getrichquik1987 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Just seeing that lovely Arsenal score there... laugh.gif
Same score as yours yesterday wink.gif

Dinamo Zagreb though...
PSV though

Cause according to most of you in here, the PL is the epitome of football

Zagreb hadn't won a CL match since 99 though...

 

The poll above disputes that :lol 

post #5795 of 50776
Infostrada Sports
‏@InfostradaLive
Arsène Wenger becomes the first manager to lose 50 Champions League main tournament matches.
post #5796 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Poll above doesn't dispute anything...

1/3 of the people so far think the EPL is currently the best in the world, I tried to give out the rational type of "No" too, a "No" that wouldn't hurt the armor as bad but still... laugh.gif

1/3 is a lot man, that's crazy to me. All things considered, evaluating the past 4/5 years, where Germany and Spain are - still 1/3rd!!! laugh.gif

That's not ignorance, that's complete utter arrogance. Those dudes are not budging roll.gif
post #5797 of 50776
Do Arsenal even care about their fans? I really respect Gooners (as irritating as some of their die-hard fans are) for sticking through this every year. I don't mind my team losing, but I personally would have a hard time supporting a a club that has zero ambition of winning and cares 100% about profit as they charge me the most expensive prices in Europe for tickets. You can make fun of Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham, etc. for spending ridiculous amounts on mediocre-trash players, but at least they try and want to win!

I do believe Arsenal will have good match in the group eventually. It happens pretty much every year; they'll essentially be eliminated and will have an impressive comeback effort, but it'll be too late . This year they may not even make it out of the group stage though mean.gif It's sad cause they're one of the only EPL sides I enjoy watching. Just wish their strong performances against Bayern, Milan, Monaco, etc didn't come only when they were already down ~4 goals.

Also, I don't put most of the blame on Wenger. Yes, he's a stubborn dude who refuses to adapt, but that's a common trait found in many managers today. I don't think he's given the financial freedom to sign who he wants/needs like other managers at big clubs get. I seriously doubt that he truly believes Giroud is all he needs to win a title; he only says crap like that for the fans.
Edited by SFC415 - 9/16/15 at 2:35pm
post #5798 of 50776
Aboubakar had a great game tonight...wow...
post #5799 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Aboubakar had a great game tonight...wow...
Dude he's been great so far this season, he's taken that no.9 role and flourished since Jackson left. I hope this continues, don't want to jinx it.

I'll always remember you put me on first, credit to you.
post #5800 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

Aboubakar had a great game tonight...wow...
Dude he's been great so far this season, he's taken that no.9 role and flourished since Jackson left. I hope this continues, don't want to jinx it.

I'll always remember you put me on first, credit to you.

That's dope that he's working out for ya'll.
post #5801 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrown3 View Post

I thought arsenal was suppose the represent the epl. lol
they do
post #5802 of 50776
Arteta has the best seat in the house for match, clearly laugh.gif
post #5803 of 50776
>arsenal fans will defend their mediocrity, like always

Benzema when lads?
Don't forget your roots
Don't forget your roots
post #5804 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiddyfouw View Post

That's dope that he's working out for ya'll.

Six Goals in Five Games, yea, I'd say he's working out pretty god damn well so far laugh.gif

Perfect timing too, we have BENFICA on Sunday. wink.gif
post #5805 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noskey View Post

Better be the last time Arteta puts on an Arsenal kit. Worthless.

They weren't done :rollin

 

Quote:

 @SquawkaMikel Arteta's game by numbers: 0 chances created 0 tackles won 0 aerial duels won 0 shots 0 crosses Ineffective.

whats the soccer equivalent of a "golden sombrero" ?

post #5806 of 50776
I told ya'll Oxlade is a goal scorer
Arsenal FC-Pats-Celtics-Bruins-Sox-UMass
Arsenal FC-Pats-Celtics-Bruins-Sox-UMass
post #5807 of 50776
Someone needs to tell Ter Stegen the truth. You are not and will never be Neuer laugh.gif
post #5808 of 50776
Even King Kanu is ripping on us😫
Arsenal FC-Pats-Celtics-Bruins-Sox-UMass
Arsenal FC-Pats-Celtics-Bruins-Sox-UMass
post #5809 of 50776

I just watched the Zenit and Valencia highlights and this dude Hulk is great form right now.

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

"If you have a critique for the resistance, for our resistance, then you better have an established record of critique of our oppression" - Jesse Williams

 

"Democracy isn't a spectator sport"

 

post #5810 of 50776
Keita is
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeIt88 View Post

Poll above doesn't dispute anything...

1/3 of the people so far think the EPL is currently the best in the world, I tried to give out the rational type of "No" too, a "No" that wouldn't hurt the armor as bad but still... laugh.gif

1/3 is a lot man, that's crazy to me. All things considered, evaluating the past 4/5 years, where Germany and Spain are - still 1/3rd!!! laugh.gif

That's not ignorance, that's complete utter arrogance. Those dudes are not budging roll.gif
I think it has more to do with the top 4 not being as dominant. Talent spreaded out instead of being in one or two clubs like La Liga and the Bundesliga. I think the BPL fell off top 4 wise but it's still a great league top to bottom unlike the the other 2.

I don't think you can use the Champions League as concrete evidence, but you can certainly make a case with it. Juventus were runner ups last season but that doesn't make Serie A better than the Bundesliga and BPL. Arsenal got wrecked by Monaco but that doesn't make Ligue 1 better if you see what I'm getting at.
post #5811 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicSole21 View Post

Keita is
I think it has more to do with the top 4 not being as dominant. Talent spreaded out instead of being in one or two clubs like La Liga and the Bundesliga. I think the BPL fell off top 4 wise but it's still a great league top to bottom unlike the the other 2.

I don't think you can use the Champions League as concrete evidence, but you can certainly make a case with it. Juventus were runner ups last season but that doesn't make Serie A better than the Bundesliga and BPL. Arsenal got wrecked by Monaco but that doesn't make Ligue 1 better if you see what I'm getting at.


the argument that bundesliga has only 1-2 clubs with all the talent is wrong imo. yes bayern and dortmund are a cut above the rest, but when you look at the league as a whole it is one of the most talented leagues in the world. I think most would agree it is one of the more entertaining leagues to watch as well. even in CL the other BDL teams minus bayern and dortmund tend to do very well and make it to the knockout stage. hell even last year in CL schalke nearly took out real madrid in the knockout stage
LA Lakers | LA Galaxy | LA Dodgers | LA Rams | FC Bayern Munich
PSN - vtotheinay

twitter.com/vtotheinay
instagram.com/vtotheinay
LA Lakers | LA Galaxy | LA Dodgers | LA Rams | FC Bayern Munich
PSN - vtotheinay

twitter.com/vtotheinay
instagram.com/vtotheinay
post #5812 of 50776
I do think the Bundesliga is really exciting to watch and can never underestimate the likes of Bayer Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Schalke and others but in the Bundesliga no one is gonna touch the giants that are Bayern Munich over the course of a season. Even with a functional and healthy Dortmund of old won't be able to match their intensity and dominance week in and out.

In La Liga, Barca and both Madrid teams can make a run for the title but in the Bundesliga I don't see a 2nd club that can go toe to toe with Bayern which is why I made the reference.
post #5813 of 50776
Quote:
Originally Posted by louislagerfeld View Post

PSV though

Cause according to most of you in here, the PL is the epitome of football
you a new N___, foh

New laugh.gif aight b. Even if I was team is still basura
post #5814 of 50776
related to the poll kind of

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/european-big-four-leagues-goals-3513388


bundesliga has highest goals per game. its the most exciting imo
post #5815 of 50776
Meh, it's all preference. I like to watch series a more than la liga but that's cause I like watching Roma and not a big fan of Real Madrid or barca. Doesn't mean series a is a better league.
post #5816 of 50776
Arsenal laugh.giflaugh.gif

Basura.
SINCE 2000....
SINCE 2000....
post #5817 of 50776
So the leg seems to be back in place...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
55f9f54ae1ffc.png

sick.gif. Apparently his long term prognosis is looking good since he suffered a relatively "clean" break without much fragmentation. This hopefully shouldn't hamper him in the future once he recovers fully
Edited by Rolaholic - 9/17/15 at 4:42am
post #5818 of 50776

Just watched the Arsenal HL, Giroud had two good chances early on but the goalie made a great save on the first one, and Giroud just missed on the second one. That really would've changed the tone of the game. 

 

There's no excuse for a fullback to get open like that on the overlap against us. That's just poor marking. 

 

Haven't looked at the stats, but if Arteta did absolutely nothing, then we need to get rid of him ASAP. I still don't know why we didn't bring in another DM. Dammit Arsene, stop having so much faith in your players! :{

 

Went from being destined to finish top two in this table to getting beat by a team I didn't even know what country they played in. :{:{:{

 

I hope this doesn't transfer over to Saturday, but it probably will. 

HOWARD BISON

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

DUKE BLUE DEVILS

ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB

 

"All I want is a good home and a wife, and a children, and food to feed them every night."

HOWARD BISON

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

DUKE BLUE DEVILS

ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB

 

"All I want is a good home and a wife, and a children, and food to feed them every night."

post #5819 of 50776
Can anyone school me real quick on the collision between Shaw and Moreno? It might be a dumb question because I personally never played the sport growing up but do the cleats the players wear a major reason the leg broke or was it the force of the collision itself?

And now this kind of rubs me the wrong way because if Shaw never got hurt it would of been applauded as a good hard tackle. Seems like there's no real fine line on a hard tackle that plays the ball but still connects on the opposing player.
post #5820 of 50776
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicSole21 View Post

Keita is
I think it has more to do with the top 4 not being as dominant. Talent spreaded out instead of being in one or two clubs like La Liga and the Bundesliga. I think the BPL fell off top 4 wise but it's still a great league top to bottom unlike the the other 2.

I don't think you can use the Champions League as concrete evidence, but you can certainly make a case with it. Juventus were runner ups last season but that doesn't make Serie A better than the Bundesliga and BPL. Arsenal got wrecked by Monaco but that doesn't make Ligue 1 better if you see what I'm getting at.

Essentially your argument and the many others who use this argument - are basically just using hypotheticals. "Outside the best 4-5 teams, the EPL is better.." narrative to me is becoming a joke. No concrete facts, just speculative opinion.

How do you know the bottom 5 of the EPL are better than the bottom 5 of La Liga or the Bundesliga? - you don't know, I don't know - there isn't a European League out there willing to accept those bum *** teams into a tournament so using those same bummy teams to make your argument is sick.gif (to me at least).

Luckily we have a tournament out there called the "Champions League" that determines the best teams on the planet which in turn allows us to use the data and facts to support our argument (imagine that). It's not like we're picking and choosing our arguments, it's not like EPL teams just had a fluke year - this has been trending downward for the better part of 5 years now. You can't just brush those figures aside, they matter, they matter a hell of a lot more than the bottom clubs.

Also if you were to ask me to build the best team I could by randomly choosing players from the bottom 5 teams in the EPL, La Liga, or Bundesliga. Give me the Bundesliga 1st and la Liga 2nd anyday. I'll have more confidence in a well trained German player or a technical Spaniard than I would an English one who runs up and down the pitch. - that's the truth.

If you can't admit it now, **** it, not even worth making it an argument anymore. The sky is green and ya'll ain't budging, no way laugh.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 🚫❌‼️ This Thread is now CLOSED. NEW THREAD link on last page, been a great Year ❌🚫‼️