Notes from the NXT show. Thought it was good, but the half after the intermission was much better than the first half. The first half was pretty Raw like, and the second half was more of the normal NXT stuff. The crowd was hot all night for pretty much everything. I'm assuming NXT is always in smaller venues, and I've never been to the place they had it tonight (Revention Music Center), but would definitely go for more shows like that.
- Enzo and Cass are so damn over. Cass is hella athletic for a dude his size. Small "Haas & Benjamin" chants for Gable and Jordan, and drawn out "Gaaaaaaaaablllle, Gaaaaaaaaaabllle" chants
- Bull Dempsey and Tye Dillinger was a hilarious total comedy match. Both had dueling "10" and "Bullfit" chants, and also some "Bullll ****" and "Bull is gorgeous chants". Bull is a big *** dude and Tye Dillinger is 34, but looks much younger than he did when he was on WWECW.
- Loved seeing Samoa Joe in person. Him and Corbin had a pretty decent match that the crowd was hot for. They hated Corbin's guts though
a whole bunch of "you can't wrestle" and "Corbin sucks" chants. The crowd was all over him like he was Roman Reigns after Royal Rumble. I'm not sure if Corbin is very good and playing to the, or if he is legit bothered by the hate.
- Samoa Joe's theme is trash, sounds so bad in person
- Carmella and Dana Brooke aren't really that hot in person. Nice fit bodies, but they kinda look like they do on tv. Both know how to get reactions out of the crowd though, but Dana Brooke didn't do near the amount of talking while wrestling as she usually does. Pretty standard Raw-like divas match. Well, divas like Brie vs a better Cameron. Small "Dana Swallows" chants. Dudes behind me tried getting a "Dana Has Herpes" chant going but that died a miserable death.
- Apollo Crews is super jacked and super athletic. Crowd liked him but was kinda lukewarm to Soloman Crowe. The match was good, though it felt like the abridged to a longer and better match. Crowe needs some new attire, he looks kinda silly in that
- Very good tag team match from Vaudevillians and Blake & Murphy. Alexia Bliss looks even better in person than she does on tv, like, crazy fine. Small "Blake loves anal" chants. Like, very small. Was both a good match in-ring and gimmick wise, a lot of posturing and stuff for the crowd to eat up. I dig the Vaudevillians gimmick, but I don't think it'll translate well at all into the main roster.
- Really good NXT divas match between Bayley and Emma. Crowd loved them both and pretty much went crazy for anything they did. Emma's even hotter in person as well, especially with the heel turn. Cute is ****. Bayley's junk was cool in person.
- Balor and Tyler Breeze was basically the male version of the Emma/Bayley match. Surprised they had those matches back to back like that, as so much energy seemed to be expended on Bayley/Emma, but the energy stayed up the entire time. Balor is super athletic as well, and should already be on the roster on reaction alone. Whole bunch of near falls, and at one point I actually thought Breeze won the NXT title. Fooled me
Would go again, and it kinda makes me wanna go to Night of Champions.
But I'm not.