NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › || LocK Dis Up ||
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

|| LocK Dis Up || - Page 134  

Poll Results: How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

 
  • 8% (4)
    15-20
  • 8% (4)
    21-25
  • 31% (14)
    26-30
  • 17% (8)
    31-35
  • 6% (3)
    36-40
  • 4% (2)
    41-45
  • 0% (0)
    46-50
  • 0% (0)
    51-55
  • 0% (0)
    56-73
  • 22% (10)
    They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins
45 Total Votes  
post #3991 of 21988
Thread Starter 
Ska do I have to go find "the paragraph" I posted in the first week to remind you again? tongue.gif
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
post #3992 of 21988
Lakers | Blue Jays
Lakers | Blue Jays
post #3993 of 21988
#bust tho

#Lakeshow

 

#Lakeshow

 

post #3994 of 21988
Kobe 37 minutes, taking away from Clarkson and Dlo getting attempts and developing

Byron

Forgot Kobe, giving ANYONE in their 20th year shooting 35% 37 minutes is beyond stupid

Bass at C, Lou at PG

Byron

Horrible isolation offense

Byron

No defense translating to games after he preaches it since he was hired

Byron

Tarik Black in the doghouse

Byron

Not understanding the importance of player development and trying to win games as if we're a playoff team

Byron

Kobe should be getting 6 minutes per quarter...that's it
Edited by Lizaker4Lizife - 11/21/15 at 9:27am
post #3995 of 21988

dlo looked good last night :hat

 

hibbert's late night conversations looking like they are paying off

 

if kobe stops forcing shots he can be a very effective player just on his passing ability

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #3996 of 21988
Not developing players is on Byron.

Poor defensive effort, Byron.

But as soon as Kobe is in the sentence, it's different. Dude runs things, through stares that have now been turned into famous gifs, through calculated words in interviews, through his play (like taking 0 FGA in the second half of a playoff game against the Suns because Phil suggested he was shooting too much. laugh.gifmean.gif )

Nobody's telling him how much to play. He's telling them. His usage is determined by him.

Fax.
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #3997 of 21988
Byron stunting the development of our young studs for wins, he's trying to save his *** from getting fired.
Gold
Gold
post #3998 of 21988
Damn famb. When Steve Kerr comes back I hope he loses two in a row so they'll fire him. Lol. If not, the. We should make a run at luke
Size 9
Large
Size 9
Large
post #3999 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

Not developing players is on Byron.

Poor defensive effort, Byron.

But as soon as Kobe is in the sentence, it's different. Dude runs things, through stares that have now been turned into famous gifs, through calculated words in interviews, through his play (like taking 0 FGA in the second half of a playoff game against the Suns because Phil suggested he was shooting too much. laugh.gifmean.gif )

Nobody's telling him how much to play. He's telling them. His usage is determined by him.

Fax.

I understand but recently his demeanor suggests that if he's subbed out he'll accept it. Hence, Byron. I'm not saying you're wrong or anyone else is right but I'm kinda in the boat that Kobe will come out if Byron says it. If left to him, he's gonna stay in...That's what made him who he was. Frankly, 99% of players in the NBA are gonna stay in given the opportunity to decide.
post #4000 of 21988
Dudes level of hate for Kobe has reached astronomical levels laugh.gif
post #4001 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5 
The logic (or lack of it) is what's really ridiculous. It makes it sound like he doesn't know how to handle minutes or aching players in general, not just Kobe.
Quote:
"When Metta was coming, I thought I was coming out, which is what I normally do," Bryant said, "but I didn't, so I stayed."

Bryant played until the final minute, when he checked out with 24.6 seconds left.

"We didn't even talk about it," Scott said. "I just left him out there because I knew we needed him out there."
Quote:
"I worry about it [after the game]," Scott said. "At the time, when we're trying to win the basketball game, you try not to worry about it. But obviously after the game you worry about it."
Quote:
Shahan Ahmed ‏@shahanLA
Byron not convinced he needs to change Kobe's minutes but... "If he misses Sunday, then I'll think about it."
I'm not even about Byron, but I don't see anything wrong with these words.

Edumacate me. Explain it to me like I'm a child, folks.

Or... explain it to me like you are not just doing what everyone else is doing; explain it like you really have reasons for being concerned with those quotes, and why. wink.gif

"BECAUSE HE'S AN IDIOT, THAT'S WHY! BECAUSE HE SAID HE'LL WAIT TILL SUNDAY, THAT'S WHY!! BECAUSE... REASONS!!"

laugh.gif

20. Seasons.

60,000ish NBA minutes.

Numerous. Injuries.

Last. Season.

Byron KNOWS all this. HE, should already have a plan in place BEFORE, EVERY, game. EVERY. Game.

Kobe has already missed MULTIPLE games THIS year.

But "you try not to worry about it during the game" ?

What the ****?

If, IFFFFFFFFFFFFF he misses Sunday, THEM I'll worry about it? laugh.gif

Pretend you read ALL that, and we had zero options behind him. None. Kobe is all we got.

Ya know, no Clarkson, DLo, Nick Young, Lou, Metta, Huertas, just Kobe.

Only. Kobe.


"Coach"

You can hear what Kobe is sayin. He couldn't walk to his car the other night. He has sat out multiple games already. He's not forcing minutes, at all. He plays when he can. He shoots a lot, when he plays, no doubt, but he no longer forces or demands minutes.

"I thought Ron was comin in for me, but he didn't, so I stayed....."

This aspect, time, minutes, games, this aint on Kobe. Money, shot attempts, sure, but not PT.
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
MIAMI DOLPHINS
LA LAKERS
CHICAGO CUBS
MIAMI HURRICANES
post #4002 of 21988
Kobe at the high post demanding the ball and the youngsters constantly being intimidated into throwing him the ball is beyond difficult to watch and hurts the team
post #4003 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post




Kobe's usage? That's on Kobe, and anyone who can't see that isn't paying attention and hasn't been paying attention, or don't want to see it.


Kobe's playing the amount he wants to play; believe that.


When Kobe said " I want to play all 82" , the next day he made up an excuse of a bad back and cant play. That was Byron doing his job.

He will listen to him ( Byron). He's just a dumbass coach.

Kobe should be used the way the wolves are using KG at the moment.

NO point playing him this heavy ...He's horrible on both side of the floor. Nick Young is a better defender then him at this point.

I understand trying to win to save your job but he has to realize ( pretty sure he wont ) that having Kobe on the floor wont help at all. mean.gif
Team Lakers
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
Team Lakers
1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010
post #4004 of 21988
Lets be real famb, you know the Lakers FO isn't firing Byron. I think he lasts the whole season. Which is unfortunate.

LA LAKERS|LA DODGERS|LA KINGS|PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

LA LAKERS|LA DODGERS|LA KINGS|PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

post #4005 of 21988
Byron is a coach who if he pulled him, Kobe will listen. And won't be bitter. Hell even Phil was able to keep prime Kobe in generally strict time management. More minutes, but it was a consistent rotation when he goes in and when he comes out. Byron is not Phil.. Byron is more Tyrone Corbin, but because he was Kobe's mentor as a rookie, he still has that respect that makes him listen to Byron.


No reason why Kobe is consistently ending over 30 minutes.


Stop trotting him out for an entire quarter.


8-7-6-9 is how it should go based on minutes per quarter. Keeps him at 29 minutes. Gives him plenty of rest, increasing as the game goes on. Starts 1st, Ends half. Starts 3rd. Ends game. Also allows him to keep his legs into the 4th.
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
TEAM A BUNCH OF THINGS
Twitter - @EssentialShow
Instagram - MarshallLaw518
post #4006 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSka View Post

I'm not even about Byron, but I don't see anything wrong with these words.

Edumacate me. Explain it to me like I'm a child, folks.

Or... explain it to me like you are not just doing what everyone else is doing; explain it like you really have reasons for being concerned with those quotes, and why. wink.gif

"BECAUSE HE'S AN IDIOT, THAT'S WHY! BECAUSE HE SAID HE'LL WAIT TILL SUNDAY, THAT'S WHY!! BECAUSE... REASONS!!"

laugh.gif

Because the player in question (happens to be Kobe here) just missed his third game of the year with various aches and pains. Aches and pains he complained about right after playing 36 minutes in the previous game before the one he missed.

So when Byron says he'll think about cutting down the minutes "if he misses Sunday," that sounds like a really reckless approach to handling a player that's been nursing various injuries. Plus, he's already missed games... if Byron's waiting for a sign to make adjustments, he's gotten three now laugh.gif. The others translate to "I know he's having issues I should worry about, I just didn't because I wanted to win this game."

It would be one thing if Byron played him a normal amount and monitored how he looked... it's another to play him the heaviest load all season and say "try not to worry about it till after the game."

The quotes just show a huge lack of awareness from the head coach of an NBA team. That's not a surprise, but he keeps reaching new levels with it.
Edited by SenorRoboto2k5 - 11/21/15 at 12:22pm
post #4007 of 21988
Thread Starter 
Where's gtb to give us cliff notes and make sense of everything being said in these essays
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
LOS ANGELES LAKERS - SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
MARGOT ROBBIE
COLE WORLD
post #4008 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakersreppa008 View Post

Lets be real famb, you know the Lakers FO isn't firing Byron. I think he lasts the whole season. Which is unfortunate.

Firing him really does nothing for us though. Midas well ride the rest of the season out with him.


No Dlo hate today?
post #4009 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5 View Post

Because the player in question (happens to be Kobe here) just missed his third game of the year with various aches and pains. Aches and pains he complained about right after playing 36 minutes in the previous game before the one he missed.

So when Byron says he'll think about cutting down the minutes "if he misses Sunday," that sounds like a really reckless approach to handling a player that's been nursing various injuries. Plus, he's already missed games... if Byron's waiting for a sign to make adjustments, he's gotten three now laugh.gif. The others translate to "I know he's having issues I should worry about, I just didn't because I wanted to win this game."

It would be one thing if Byron played him a normal amount and monitored how he looked... it's another to play him the heaviest load all season and say "try not to worry about it till after the game."

The quotes just show a huge lack of awareness from the head coach of an NBA team. That's not a surprise, but he keeps reaching new levels with it.

While head coaches like Scott Brooks who or Tom Thibodeau got fired despite they did the best with the available roster, Byron Scott just can do what he wants with a terrible season so far. He should be getting fired to the moon.
post #4010 of 21988
Byron stays until he completes the tank and gets a nice severance package from a mutual parting and we hang a picture of him arms crossed in every bathroom of Staples Center. He would have done something MDA never could.
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
post #4011 of 21988
With the raptors losing their starting center, I hope Mitch gets on the phone and offers up Sacre for a 2nd rounder
post #4012 of 21988
bring the canadian home!
post #4013 of 21988
IDK

Last year Kobe believed he was only suited for 30 mpg
Byron believed Kobe could play more 32+

After Kobe's injury, Byron conceded he was wrong and should have listened to Kobe

Thats probably the same thing going on this year

F/S DS KFE Asics USA sz 8/11

$220

F/S DS KFE Asics USA sz 8/11

$220

post #4014 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife View Post

With the raptors losing their starting center, I hope Mitch gets on the phone and offers up Sacre for a 2nd rounder

Nobody will give us two packets of Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce for that bum. 

TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
post #4015 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba MVP View Post

Nobody will give us two packets of Chick-Fil-A Polynesian sauce for that bum. 

Lol

Well , bismack biyombo is their only center so you never know
post #4016 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1708 
20. Seasons.

60,000ish NBA minutes.

Numerous. Injuries.

Last. Season.

Byron KNOWS all this. HE, should already have a plan in place BEFORE, EVERY, game. EVERY. Game.

Kobe has already missed MULTIPLE games THIS year.

But "you try not to worry about it during the game" ?

What the ****?

If, IFFFFFFFFFFFFF he misses Sunday, THEN I'll worry about it? laugh.gif
So when Byron says he'll think about cutting down the minutes "if he misses Sunday," that sounds like a really reckless approach to handling a player that's been nursing various injuries.
I can see that.
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #4017 of 21988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP1708 
He's not forcing minutes, at all. [H]e no longer forces or demands minutes.
Byron is a coach who if he pulled him, Kobe will listen. And won't be bitter. [H]e still has that respect that makes him listen to Byron.
I see no reason to believe this kind of talk.
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
4L 8O 15S16 T23 !42
L. A. A N G E L S, L. A. L A K E R S, U K W I L D C A T S, L. A. R A M S, L. A. S P A R K S.
"This game is in the refrigerator! The door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs...
post #4018 of 21988
Guys do the Lakers have a 2016 first round pick? My friend told me no and it belongs to Philly. I thought Lakers keep the pick as long as its top 3 if not that's when Philly takes it. Please advise.
post #4019 of 21988
Top 3 protected. Byron Scott as insurance
post #4020 of 21988
*bscott winking at draft lottery gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › || LocK Dis Up ||