So I've lived nearly my whole life in LA (I'm 20) and am now attending college in Boston. I'll be spending Thanksgiving break with one of my closest friends in New York City. I'm a bit ashamed to say I've never visited before, though I've always wanted to go. I'm very excited for the trip and will be there 4 and a half days. Having never visited before though, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of dope places to visit and things to do.
This is where you guys come in.
Hit me up with:
- Restaurants (everything from hole-in-the-wall to well-known but worthwhile)
- Which touristy things are actually worth doing and which ones I can skip
- Cool attractions off the beaten path
- Best places to view the skyline and the city
- Shopping (sneakers, streetwear, high fashion)
- Anything else you think is worth mentioning!
I searched and couldn't find a recent thread with good NYC info. My intention is for this to be a resource for anyone traveling to the city in the near future.