NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Number Of Immigrants With Cold Sores On Their Lips...Does Anyone Know If It's Herpes Or Not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Number Of Immigrants With Cold Sores On Their Lips...Does Anyone Know If It's Herpes Or Not?  

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Not even being funny, it's just I encounter a lot of immigrants with cold sores on their lips. Yesterday I introduced myself to a neighbor and she turned around and smiled and she had a huge cold sore on her lip. A few weeks ago someone else. The first thing I thought about was the film How High and can't help but to believe it's related to unsafe sex practices within these cultures. A few of which have a strict rule on interracial dating, namely against black people, who are stereotyped as being dirty and unclean...but yet women from these foreign cultures are walking around with cold sores on their lips.

...anyone care to discuss?

post #2 of 13
I don't see enough too care
post #3 of 13
When dealing with a potential case of the herp its just better to assume it is the herp....

Unless of course you want to ask or find out the hard way





Why does it matter to you anyways?
post #4 of 13
I've seen far more Americans with cold sores than I've seen immigrants.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryEastwood View Post

When dealing with a potential case of the herp its just better to assume it is the herp....

Unless of course you want to ask or find out the hard way



But then that would be a form of racism...but I would like to know, in case there's sharing of food, drinks or towels etc. I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to accidentally end up with herpes trying to be politically correct.

post #6 of 13
what?
post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bCee View Post

I've seen far more Americans with cold sores than I've seen immigrants.



In what region? Certainly not New York.

post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedmind2015 View Post
 



But then that would be a form of racism...but I would like to know, in case there's sharing of food, drinks or towels etc. I don't want to be rude, but I also don't want to accidentally end up with herpes trying to be politically correct.

:rollin

You can word a question about herpes in a way that isn't racist. 

post #9 of 13

wow.......

 

 

how ignorant are you. 

post #10 of 13
Thread title is so offensive laugh.gifmean.gif

Are you seeing ppl with cold sores and assuming they're immigrants or actually asking ppl if they're immigrants and noticing they have cold sores?
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldBreaker View Post
 

:rollin

You can word a question about herpes in a way that isn't racist. 



But I would feel it's racist in my mind, and if I entertain these stereotypes without being sure that's implicit bias, no? So I'd rather be straight up about it, that way I can't be labeled as a racist even if my assumptions are correct. But how do you do that without being racist?

post #12 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Zik View Post

Thread title is so offensive laugh.gifmean.gif

Are you seeing ppl with cold sores and assuming they're immigrants or actually asking ppl if they're immigrants and noticing they have cold sores?



I'm one of four black people living on my block and I'm sort of being put in this box of "the neighborhood's black guy", or at least the one they'd prefer to have around here. So everyone always stops me and talks to me and tells me about their country, since I have quite vast understanding of many cultures besides my own. I figure it's my job as an American to help define the world I live in. 

But herpes is a sensitive subject, most likely because it's sexually embarrassing.

post #13 of 13

I'm sorry freedmind2015 but this is so bizarre that it's hilarious :lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Number Of Immigrants With Cold Sores On Their Lips...Does Anyone Know If It's Herpes Or Not?