NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Healthy Food Thread vol. Eating Right
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Healthy Food Thread vol. Eating Right - Page 3

post #61 of 82
doctor i worked with told me alkaline water was the biggest crock of **** on the market. Your body is able to regulate pH on its own
Kenneth...stop looking at all of my posts and making fun of me at school
Reply
Kenneth...stop looking at all of my posts and making fun of me at school
Reply
post #62 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Clinton View Post

Not sure if srs.

Pretty sure those Odwala/Naked smoothies have 45-50 grams of sugar in 1 bottle. Not to mention Odwala (might be Naked, not positive) is owned by none other than Coke-A-Cola, meaning they don't give a **** about your health.

indifferent.gif

Well damn I just bought the big *** superfood one :-/

Philadelphia Sixers | San Diego Chargers

Reply

Philadelphia Sixers | San Diego Chargers

Reply
post #63 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Mufasa View Post

Well damn I just bought the big *** superfood one :-/

Back in the day I would buy 2 of those and down them both for breakfast. Always read labels brahs. These corporations are ruthless. And they seem to always get people to bite with the "omg 34839 grams of protein in 1 bottle!" sales pitch. Americans are so obsessed with the word "Protein" that a company can advertise a 10 lb bag of sugar by putting "10 grams of protein in 1 serving!" in bold writing on the front and people would buy it.
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood let alone believed by the masses."
Reply
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood let alone believed by the masses."
Reply
post #64 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Clinton View Post


So they're horrible for you but you should drink 1 per meal, how does that even make sense?

Again, 45-50 grams of SUGAR in 1 bottle. Forget about the protein and whatever else you think you're getting from it. A humans sugar intake PER DAY is supposed to be no more than 25 grams. Drinking just one of those doubles that. It's not a supplement bro, it should be avoided altogether.

 

 

That makes perfect sense. They are horrible for you if you don't stay within your daily limit.  Stop making sh up.

 

http://www.mydailyintake.net/nutrients/

 

You can get away with 90 grams of sugar. One apple is like 20 grams of sugar, yet I don't see people campaigning for folks not to eat apples. I see people eating 4 apples or pears a day and no one bats an eye. The point of those drinks is that its supposed to replace a meal. Drinking one of these to replace a meal since I don't have time to prepare every meal is ok.

 

http://www.odwalla.com/products/smoothies/mango-tango

 

Your body needs sugar and carbs. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #65 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Clinton View Post


Back in the day I would buy 2 of those and down them both for breakfast. Always read labels brahs. These corporations are ruthless. And they seem to always get people to bite with the "omg 34839 grams of protein in 1 bottle!" sales pitch. Americans are so obsessed with the word "Protein" that a company can advertise a 10 lb bag of sugar by putting "10 grams of protein in 1 serving!" in bold writing on the front and people would buy it.


Dumb people see those sales pitches and think you can drink 5 of them a day, but drinking one or even 2 a day won't kill you as long as you're paying attention to all your other sources of nutrients. Eating mashed potatoes and steak, and washing it down with this is where people get into trouble. The problem with American society is people can't just drink one.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #66 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanacheezy View Post

doctor i worked with told me alkaline water was the biggest crock of **** on the market. Your body is able to regulate pH on its own

placebo effect
post #67 of 82

That odwalla joint is literally a fruit smoothie nothing more nothing less 

 

Might as well go to Mcdonalds for 1 of theirs.

 

Its cant even be counted as meal replacement. 1.5gs of fat and 2 grams of protein :lol cmon bruh


Edited by aNYone - 10/17/15 at 11:57am

Looking for "PSNY" 12 size 9.5

 

#GOLDRUSHGANG ohwell.giffrown.gifmean.gifmad.gif....smokin.gif #bang-bang-niner-gang-til-the-casket-drops

 

i see it....i see it all nerd.gif     ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Look at da avy and respect da gawd   

Reply

Looking for "PSNY" 12 size 9.5

 

#GOLDRUSHGANG ohwell.giffrown.gifmean.gifmad.gif....smokin.gif #bang-bang-niner-gang-til-the-casket-drops

 

i see it....i see it all nerd.gif     ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Look at da avy and respect da gawd   

Reply
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post


That makes perfect sense. They are horrible for you if you don't stay within your daily limit.  Stop making sh up.

http://www.mydailyintake.net/nutrients/

You can get away with 90 grams of sugar. One apple is like 20 grams of sugar, yet I don't see people campaigning for folks not to eat apples. I see people eating 4 apples or pears a day and no one bats an eye. The point of those drinks is that its supposed to replace a meal. Drinking one of these to replace a meal since I don't have time to prepare every meal is ok.

http://www.odwalla.com/products/smoothies/mango-tango

Your body needs sugar and carbs. 



Hey man, you go ahead and continue to drink those things. I'm just trying to help you out.

P.S - A can of coke has 44 grams of sugar, guess i'll go drink a few of those cuz my body "needs sugar"

Dat logic.
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood let alone believed by the masses."
Reply
"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood let alone believed by the masses."
Reply
post #69 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYone View Post
 

That odwalla joint is literally a fruit smoothie nothing more nothing less 

 

Might as well go to Mcdonalds for 1 of theirs.

 

Its cant even be counted as meal replacement. 1.5gs of fat and 2 grams of protein :lol cmon bruh


This is the one I drink as a food meal replacement. 

 

http://www.odwalla.com/products/proteins/vanilla-protein

 

http://www.odwalla.com/products/proteins/strawberry-protein

 

I drink one for breakfast, usually just snack for lunch, then prepare a decent meal for breakfast. I don't go over the calorie or nutrient limits. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #70 of 82

I try to eat a large quantity of vegetables. 

post #71 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Clinton View Post


Hey man, you go ahead and continue to drink those things. I'm just trying to help you out.

P.S - A can of coke has 44 grams of sugar, guess i'll go drink a few of those cuz my body "needs sugar"

Dat logic.


So you're comparing carbonated sugar water, to something that has protein and fats in it? Let me ask what did you eat today? Lets hear it? 

 

 

 

If I ate an American standard meal of chicken and rice right now, it would probably add up to what I get out of a bottle of those probably more. Anything done in excess is unhealthy. 

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #72 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post
 


This is the one I drink as a food meal replacement. 

 

http://www.odwalla.com/products/proteins/vanilla-protein

 

http://www.odwalla.com/products/proteins/strawberry-protein

 

I drink one for breakfast, usually just snack for lunch, then prepare a decent meal for breakfast. I don't go over the calorie or nutrient limits. 

thats much better :lol

 

are you trying to bulk up or be in a caloric surplus,

 

cause i rather just cook a meal that adds up to those macros

Looking for "PSNY" 12 size 9.5

 

#GOLDRUSHGANG ohwell.giffrown.gifmean.gifmad.gif....smokin.gif #bang-bang-niner-gang-til-the-casket-drops

 

i see it....i see it all nerd.gif     ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Look at da avy and respect da gawd   

Reply

Looking for "PSNY" 12 size 9.5

 

#GOLDRUSHGANG ohwell.giffrown.gifmean.gifmad.gif....smokin.gif #bang-bang-niner-gang-til-the-casket-drops

 

i see it....i see it all nerd.gif     ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

 

Look at da avy and respect da gawd   

Reply
post #73 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pill Clinton View Post

Hey man, you go ahead and continue to drink those things. I'm just trying to help you out.

P.S - A can of coke has 44 grams of sugar, guess i'll go drink a few of those cuz my body "needs sugar"

Dat logic.

You're acting like processed sugars are the same as sugar from fruit. I'm not saying those drinks are good because I havent looked into them, but I won't think twice about drinking a green smoothie I make at home with organic spinach and organic fruit that's above 25g of sugar. Most fruit is about 20g for a serving anyway.
post #74 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtb00201 View Post


You're acting like processed sugars are the same as sugar from fruit. I'm not saying those drinks are good because I havent looked into them, but I won't think twice about drinking a green smoothie I make at home with organic spinach and organic fruit that's above 25g of sugar. Most fruit is about 20g for a serving anyway.


Oh, one of those "organic" foods fanatics. :lol Just because you get your apple at whole foods doesn't make it any more or less healthy. 

 

The problem with this country is we have so much food we've found a way to complain about it. The problem doesn't lie in the contents of what we eat, it lies in how much of it we choose to eat. 

 

 

Here is the benefit of processed vs. natural sugar

 

Metabolism matters

How the body metabolizes the sugar in fruit and milk differs from how it metabolizes the refined sugar added to processed foods. The body breaks down refined sugar rapidly, causing insulin and blood sugar levels to skyrocket. Because refined sugar is digested quickly, you don’t feel full after you’re done eating, no matter how many calories you consumed. The fiber in fruit slows down metabolism, as fruit in the gut expands to make you feel full. 

But there’s a caveat, Baker says. Once the sugar passes through the stomach and reaches the small intestine, it doesn’t matter if it came from an apple or a soft drink. 

“How much sugar is already in your blood will determine how the body uses the sugar,” Baker says. “If you already have a lot of sugar in your system, then what you just digested will form either fat or glycogen, the storage form of glucose that’s used for quick energy. It doesn’t matter if it’s junk food or fruit.”

W

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #75 of 82
why spend money on a bottled drink when you can juice/blend for yourself in 10 minutes each day?
post #76 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIONBLOOD View Post


Oh, one of those "organic" foods fanatics. laugh.gif  Just because you get your apple at whole foods doesn't make it any more or less healthy. 

The problem with this country is we have so much food we've found a way to complain about it. The problem doesn't lie in the contents of what we eat, it lies in how much of it we choose to eat. 

Maybe not in nutritional value, but I'm going to go ahead and say a piece of fruit that's drenched in bug poison is less healthy for your body than one that isn't. I'm not out here looking down on anyone who doesn't eat like this though. It's expensive and I'm not perfect either.
post #77 of 82

Processed sugars won't kill you, too much of it will. There's no difference between the sugar in the fruit you get from whole foods vs. the supermarket. Diabetics are actually told to watch how many of those fruits they eat because at the end of the day no matter what the source is, the end product is the same. Some fruits are healthier than others, people are encouraged to eat different types of fruits because they are not all created equal. Berries are a good source of antioxidants, fruits like bananas can be unhealthy but are a good sources of certain vitamins. 

 

 

If you eat processed sugar, as long as you have fiber in your diet it can help optimize its metabolism.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #78 of 82
just try to eat as many whole foods as possible. Less overall ingredients the better smokin.gif

I've been eating about ~90% organic for last year or so and def notice a difference in overall better feeling and **** just taste better

I recommend a shot of braggs apple cider vinegar daily as well. Dilute it with water and chase with water.
post #79 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtb00201 View Post


Maybe not in nutritional value, but I'm going to go ahead and say a piece of fruit that's drenched in bug poison is less healthy for your body than one that isn't. I'm not out here looking down on anyone who doesn't eat like this though. It's expensive and I'm not perfect either.


Yea pesticides in "unorganic" foods is a better argument but I'm not completely sold that the foods they sell at these "organic" places don't have dangerous chemicals in them. You're just taking their word for it at the end of the day. The whole GMO movement is "fake activism imo. There is actually no proof that genetically modified foods are less healthy for you. 

 

 

 

 

Degrassi :NthatComplaining about vaccines and GMOs speaks volumes about American privilege. WILD wheat doesn't have all those vitamins and nutrients we see on cereal boxes.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #80 of 82

If your objection to GMOs is the morality of selling nonprerennial seed stocks, then focus on that. If your objection to GMOs is the monopolistic conduct of agribusiness, then focus on that. But to paint the entire concept of GMO with these particular issues is to blind yourself to the underlying truth of what humans have been doing—and will continue to do—to nature so that it best serves our survival. That's what all organisms do when they can, or would do, if they could. Those that didn't, have gone extinct extinct .

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
post #81 of 82

Started my paleo journey today...

Never knew roasted root vegetables could taste so damn good pimp.gif

 

Especially sweet potatoes :hat

"If you're depressed then you are living in the past. If you're anxious then you are living in the future. But if you are at peace, then you are living in the present. - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Reply
"If you're depressed then you are living in the past. If you're anxious then you are living in the future. But if you are at peace, then you are living in the present. - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Reply
post #82 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYone View Post
 

thats much better :lol

 

are you trying to bulk up or be in a caloric surplus,

 

cause i rather just cook a meal that adds up to those macros

 

 

I actually take in less calories than required for my age/size based on a 2000 or so cal diet. No surprise I've been losing and maintaining weight without working out. I used to be like 240s 2 years ago, now I hover around the 215 range but I lost a lot of muscle mass. I'm trying to get back into some light lifting just to get a little more solid but I don't necessarily want to "bulk" up.

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply

Deus est mortuus, logica obtinet.

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The Healthy Food Thread vol. Eating Right