NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The sobriety thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The sobriety thread - Page 3

post #61 of 73
Anybody seen potheads at NA meetings? :lol
 
I was that guy years ago when I had to attend court-mandated NA meetings. There were some seriously ****** up people there with crazy stories.
post #62 of 73

if it was court mandated it had to be a higher offense than just marijuana.........i ended up court-mandated at na meetings but cause of the felony charge ( xanax ) i have 2 misdemeanors for weed and theyre just fines / court option class but no NA 

no longer the weeknd of the crew cause beauty behind the madness sucks

giannis is a future nba star

Reply

no longer the weeknd of the crew cause beauty behind the madness sucks

giannis is a future nba star

Reply
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkShark View Post

I smoked weed for 8 years regularly and stopped early August, been clean since but I keep thinking about when I graduate how much Imma smoke again (I joined a school that drug tests)

How long till you graduate? If its years, you plan on touching it at all during that duration?

I'm on day 1 of a preemptive extended weed break. I think potheads really underestimate how positive of an effect being sober can have. I just want to find a balance with bud. I'm either completely clean or smoking every day, which is really disruptive. I want to take a super extended break but cold weather is prime for being baked. Might really make the push to thanksgiving or even end of the semester (mid December).
22
Reply
22
Reply
post #64 of 73
I smoke all day everyday and I've never been better. It's all on the person. If you're lazy af tree is gonna magnify that. Me I work a grip and just blaze in my downtime to keep me going. Mini vacations. laugh.gif my job is stressful and it keeps me chill.

People put to big an emphasis on the tree. It's not gonna change your personality. If you're lazy you're lazy. If you do work and stay high rock on. Most guys I know who do manual labor are heavy smokers. Kinda comes with the territory.
post #65 of 73
Never been a drinker. I guess I'd classify myself as a social drinker. I'll have one if I'm out with a group. Never understood getting incoherent drunk. im taking a break from smoking...which every smoker should do from time to time. I used to smoke everyday for three years straight and got to the point where The high lasted for shorter times so I smoked even more just to stay high. Hit a wall where eventually I wasn't getting high at all. Even dab hits wasn't doing anything for me.
post #66 of 73
Thread Starter 
A month and some change sober. Let's go!!!!!!
post #67 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by just nikes View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarkShark View Post

I smoked weed for 8 years regularly and stopped early August, been clean since but I keep thinking about when I graduate how much Imma smoke again (I joined a school that drug tests)

This was me but I was about 5 yrs from 17-22. That really had my whole personality rewired. After two months clean for the test I realized I didn't even like it that much anymore. I'm a million times more outgoing without and been doing great with the yambs. I went back to smoking but only like twice a week when I really dont have **** to do. I still love weed, I credit it with enlightening me on tons and freeing my mind but I know I don't need to be baked 24/7 to enjoy my day anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPLSdunk View Post

I smoke all day everyday and I've never been better. It's all on the person. If you're lazy af tree is gonna magnify that. Me I work a grip and just blaze in my downtime to keep me going. Mini vacations. laugh.gif my job is stressful and it keeps me chill.

People put to big an emphasis on the tree. It's not gonna change your personality. If you're lazy you're lazy. If you do work and stay high rock on. Most guys I know who do manual labor are heavy smokers. Kinda comes with the territory.

Most of this

And "People put to big an emphasis on the tree. It's not gonna change your personality. If you're lazy you're lazy. If you do work and stay high rock on. Most guys I know who do manual labor are heavy smokers. Kinda comes with the territory" that's me basically
I'm lazy and it enhances that . I like the feeling but it cost me money.

its difficult to quit when I'm bored most of the time .
"This isnt even my final form"
Reply
"This isnt even my final form"
Reply
post #68 of 73
Well i've been sober for over a month now because I have so much school stuff to do. ohwell.gif

Being drunk is a lot of fun but the next day or two I get really depressed. Like suicidal depressed, I hate my existence, that kind of depressed. I'm not supposed to be drinking anyway since I've been prescribed Prozac to help with the depression. I'm trying to avoid drinking as long as I can, until maybe the holidays (with family).

It's so hard man not to give in. You want to escape reality or take something that makes reality suck less and makes boring things fun.

I'll say this, make sure you keep yourself occupied. If you don't, your mind will ruminate and you start hating yourself. Forgive yourself if you slip up, perfection doesn't exist.
post #69 of 73
Been sober since 2003.

I mean it was weed, ecstasy, nos, acid, ketamine, coke then hooked on meth for a couple years mean.gif
post #70 of 73
Good thing you didnt get to heron or roks, anything uncontrollably addicting.

You can smoke trees its not altering enough to do harm, imo
post #71 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bright nikes View Post

Been sober since 2003.

I mean it was weed, ecstasy, nos, acid, ketamine, coke then hooked on meth for a couple years mean.gif
I heard Ketamine is crazy. I listen to the all out show on shade 45 and Rude Jude and Lord Sear are always talking about Ketamine.
post #72 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCatfisho View Post

Well i've been sober for over a month now because I have so much school stuff to do. ohwell.gif

Being drunk is a lot of fun but the next day or two I get really depressed. Like suicidal depressed, I hate my existence, that kind of depressed. I'm not supposed to be drinking anyway since I've been prescribed Prozac to help with the depression. I'm trying to avoid drinking as long as I can, until maybe the holidays (with family).

It's so hard man not to give in. You want to escape reality or take something that makes reality suck less and makes boring things fun.

I'll say this, make sure you keep yourself occupied. If you don't, your mind will ruminate and you start hating yourself. Forgive yourself if you slip up, perfection doesn't exist.
I don't miss being drunk. It may sound crazy but being sober feels like reburth. I was pretty much drunk and tipsy every day so I didn't appreciate the lil things like having a clear mind and enjoying the breeze outside. I enjoy life way more now that I'm sober. I would get drunk and go straight home to crash. I also wasted a lot of money getting drunk. The $$ I spent on alcohol could have been used to travel around the world.
post #73 of 73
Don't drink due to religious reasons, but i have been meaning to stop drinking sodas, or at least reduce my consumption. I have at least one a day mean.gif
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
CHELSEA F.C.
PHOENIX SUNS
ARIZONA WILDCATS
TENNESSEE TITANS
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › General › The sobriety thread