NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 438  

post #13111 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

riddle me this, if bron is better...what is he currently doing better, today, that steph is not?


i legit had this same convo with my boy yesterday, who's a huge bron homer.


curry has better handle. shoots better. better scorer. has equal passing ability. makes his free throws better. plays solid defense , whereas lebron plays none now. Only thing I can see if bron's advantage is on boards.

There's such a silly myth about making a teammate better. such nonsense. most you can do is put them in a position to be successful. you can't make them not be garbage. either they are garbage or they aren't. they can't help you get 65+ wins 2 seasons straight, and then suddenly become wild cheeks when it fits your ' i need more haaalp' narrative.

How do I rep you 10 times

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

post #13112 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

riddle me this, if bron is better...what is he currently doing better, today, that steph is not?


i legit had this same convo with my boy yesterday, who's a huge bron homer.


curry has better handle. shoots better. better scorer. has equal passing ability. makes his free throws better. plays solid defense , whereas lebron plays none now. Only thing I can see if bron's advantage is on boards.

There's such a silly myth about making a teammate better. such nonsense. most you can do is put them in a position to be successful. you can't make them not be garbage. either they are garbage or they aren't. they can't help you get 65+ wins 2 seasons straight, and then suddenly become wild cheeks when it fits your ' i need more haaalp' narrative.

Well said....

Bron is a strong presence no doubt and defenitly currently has a ton more mileage on him, but curry is currently the most lethal player in the nba.
post #13113 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

KP
King Kris
Putback Porzingis
Knickstaps
Porzingod
PorzinGOAT

Air Latvia

smokin.gif
Minnesota Timberwolves fan since '03-'04: $^%* KAREEM RUSH
lcahood on the Snap glasses.gif
Team ROSHE #11
(0 items)
  
Minnesota Timberwolves fan since '03-'04: $^%* KAREEM RUSH
lcahood on the Snap glasses.gif
Team ROSHE #11
(0 items)
  
post #13114 of 93193
Curry is the better shooter, Lebron is the better passer.

Scoring its a draw although Curry is the much better shooter because Lebron can post up at an elite level and he can still drive and finish at an elite level.

Defense I'd still give Lebron the edge because of the ability to rim protect better than Curry and rebounding is the part of defense to me.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #13115 of 93193
Scoring is in no way a draw right now laugh.gif

Curry way more lethal

There's not a team on earth that wants Curry shooting the ball. But opponents will usually live with Bron getting his as long as he's not getting the whole team involved.
post #13116 of 93193
scoring is a draw? lmaooo. you listen to music or you just skim through it b? scoring ability aint eeem close to breeving the same air as each other.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #13117 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Curry is the better shooter, Lebron is the better passer.

Scoring its a draw although Curry is the much better shooter because Lebron can post up at an elite level and he can still drive and finish at an elite level.

Defense I'd still give Lebron the edge because of the ability to rim protect better than Curry and rebounding is the part of defense to me.

Jesus Christ troll game is serious
post #13118 of 93193
Curry is the best ever at what he does can't say that about lj . He's not the best ever at any particular part of his game . Every thing he can do someone was able to do it better . That can't be said for curry
post #13119 of 93193
LeBron James is a top 5 player at his position.

Steph Curry might be the greatest shooter in NBA history.
post #13120 of 93193
Curry has gotten better, I love watching him play but I don't think he'll keep up this pace.

He'll probably average 27 PPG for the season.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #13121 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy View Post

LeBron James is a top 5 player at his position.

Steph Curry might be the greatest shooter in NBA history.
He is . It's not a might be
post #13122 of 93193
Stephen Curry being the greatest shooter of all time really isnt relevant to whose the best player or whos had a better career.

Ray Allen was probably the greatest shooter of all time that doesn't mean he was better than Jordan or Kobe.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #13123 of 93193
bron also doesnt have the type of game that will translate as he ages. son's days are literally numbered. he'll be 31 in like 2 weeks. from there, he has 2-3 strong years. then he's gonna be lookin like malone on the lakers tryna smash vanessa on a tuesday

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #13124 of 93193
Yea Curry is the best shooter in nba history if he keeps this up. Teams are building their defense around stopping Curry from even getting a 3 point shot up. They don't eem want him getting it up anymore lol. It's not enough to just contest it. They're running at him when he's 35 feet out lmao
post #13125 of 93193
Who in NBA history has had a game that translates well to like age 35? Kareem? Duncan? Steve Nash....? Drawing blanks after that.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #13126 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Curry has gotten better, I love watching him play but I don't think he'll keep up this pace.

He'll probably average 27 PPG for the season.
Curry is so smooth .... Id rather watch curry play
Any day over Westbrook.
post #13127 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Stephen Curry being the greatest shooter of all time really isnt relevant to whose the best player or whos had a better career.

Ray Allen was probably the greatest shooter of all time that doesn't mean he was better than Jordan or Kobe.
Big was and Ray Allen never led his teams anywhere this is currys squad . Plus Lebron is only a top 5 sf of all time . He ain't cracking the top 5 goat list
post #13128 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly View Post

Stephen Curry being the greatest shooter of all time really isnt relevant to whose the best player or whos had a better career.

Ray Allen was probably the greatest shooter of all time that doesn't mean he was better than Jordan or Kobe.

Precisely.

And....
Curry may be the greatest shooter one day, but that will take some longevity. Greatest in the game right now? Sure.

Greatest ever of any era? To soon unless he wants to retire tomorrow so we can debate it from that standpoint.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #13129 of 93193
A lot of stars have games that translate well to 35 +

The problem is that their ego won't let them take a back seat.

Guys like Duncan Kareem flourished cuz they knew when to take a back seat. Duncan took a back seat to Tony and Manu. Kareem to Magic.

Kobe can't age well cuz he still wanna be the alpha male. If he wanted to he could flourish, scoring an efficient 15 or w/e while taking a back seat to some young buck.

If LeBron wants to, he can play until he's 40 if he can reinvent himself. Just depends on if he cares enough to be the man or his ego can take a hit and be more of a complementary player.

Jordan probably could have flourished until he was 45 if he wanted to, but you know he couldn't let himself not be the number one guy.
post #13130 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmaz96 View Post

KP
King Kris
Putback Porzingis
Knickstaps
Porzingod
PorzinGOAT
Air Latvia

Krispy Kreme

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

Hello darkness, my old friend - Kings fan

We are Tottenham, From the Lane...

USA Ain't Nothin' To Asterisk With 

My biography, as told by Grandtheftbike

post #13131 of 93193
No Kobe can't play till he's 40 if he didn't have a ego problem . Think you wrong on that . Kobe can't play anymore because he only knew how to play one way . You can't ISO forever. He can't spot up shoot he not Ray Allen .
post #13132 of 93193

For the people who are saying Curry's just the best shooter in the League, do you even watch dude play?? He scores in so many ways. Because his shot is so lethal, it opens up the floor so much for him to be a great score AND shooter

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

"A wise man will be a master of his mind. A fool will be its slave"

 

Derrick Rose #KeepBelieving

 

post #13133 of 93193
One of the reasons I think Lebron will age well is because he plays the game so smart.

I've never seen a player score 20 points so easily. His post game and his incredible court vision should be able to keep him effective for awhile.
Aggies Spurs
Aggies Spurs
post #13134 of 93193
. Brons passing game is opened up by his ability to drive . Bron won't be able to drive one day and he can't shoot. . Then what .well see .
post #13135 of 93193
steph and kd BOTH scare wayyyyy easier than bron has ever scored. you just dont watch enough hoops.

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #13136 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

bron also doesnt have the type of game that will translate as he ages. son's days are literally numbered. he'll be 31 in like 2 weeks. from there, he has 2-3 strong years. then he's gonna be lookin like malone on the lakers tryna smash vanessa on a tuesday
People have been saying this for years. Yet his forehead is still at the rim when he dunks.

South Florida Living

South Florida Living

post #13137 of 93193

:|

 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #13138 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarldaGoat View Post



Zingleberry dunking on everyone. Looking like blake first year

Lakers tho...

Lakers tho...

post #13139 of 93193
Kobe can't play cause his body is broken down dassit. He was an MVP level 3 years ago at age 34. His game and skill level would allow him to do so, his body can't.
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
TEAM LAKERS | FLORIDA GATORS | LA RAMS
PSN: B1ackMambaK1ng | XBL: Gator Boy 24
DS KD VI Christmas Size 14 $120 shipped for Sale
DS LeBron 11 2K14 Size 15 $300 shipped for Sale
DS KD VI WTKD Size 14...
post #13140 of 93193
Face it dude is on the decline . It is what it is . We barely in nov lets see how he looks come playoff Time and after 5 straight finals runs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke