NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 825  

post #24721 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post

why not try to win if you're Minnesota?

THIS. Why would they not try to make the playoffs this year? They've got their young core in a weaker conference then expected. It's time to win now.
post #24722 of 93193
The TWolves don't need to win now AT ALL. They're doing fine. They're competing and the young guys are developing. There's no reason to play Wiggins/KAT 40 minutes a game to squeeze out 42 wins instead of 34. Or risk wearing them out/injury. He's dumb but it's not like this is a Sixer/Laker situation.
post #24723 of 93193
There's no reason to win Now?
Man there's always a reason to win now, it's called being a winner.

And no, they don't have to play 40 minutes, but 20 minutes is stupid, and if you want to develop as you clearly mentioned, im guessing 30 minutes with a win or 30 minutes with a loss is better than 20 minutes and keeping the best hopes of winning on the pine.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Wiggins is like 35+ on minutes

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #24724 of 93193
There is nothing to be gained by missing the playoffs again. Why not get that playoff experience now while they're young? You can't build winners by simply being happy with slight improvement. Winning builds confidence and pushes players to want to advance further.
post #24725 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrand15 View Post

The TWolves don't need to win now AT ALL. They're doing fine. They're competing and the young guys are developing. There's no reason to play Wiggins/KAT 40 minutes a game to squeeze out 42 wins instead of 34. Or risk wearing them out/injury. He's dumb but it's not like this is a Sixer/Laker situation.

I disagree. The twolves have the longest playoff drought in the league. You got two young talented players and enough to talent to compete in a down west. You have to build a winning culture at some point. Is the missing piece for Minnesota even in the draft this year?
post #24726 of 93193
Man I want to watch that Mem/NO game from last night.

Memphis put up 113, damn
How did Pels look with Ty/Cole back? I bet AD is so damn thankful.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #24727 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

There's no reason to win Now?
Man there's always a reason to win now, it's called being a winner.

And no, they don't have to play 40 minutes, but 20 minutes is stupid, and if you want to develop as you clearly mentioned, im guessing 30 minutes with a win or 30 minutes with a loss is better than 20 minutes and keeping the best hopes of winning on the pine.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure Wiggins is like 35+ on minutes

He's averaging 28 mpg though? Not 20.

KAT is a rookie. Wiggins is a 2nd year guy. All I'm saying is that they don't need to be super worried about getting the 8th seed and getting smashed by the Warriors. Plus, they're 8-10 in a development year. Not like they're awful.
post #24728 of 93193

Wiggins lead the league in minutes his rookie year..but they're 2 totally differently players playing different positions.


Towns is playing 27mpg this year.. which isn't terrible for a big man rookie. It's where the minutes are being played.. and his minutes have gone backwards. He played damn good in the Clippers game was subbed out in the 3rd and didn't get subbed in til 2 minutes were left in the 4th :|

 

He's sat the entire 4th quarter 3 of the last 4 games. 

post #24729 of 93193


pimp.gif
post #24730 of 93193
@mgrand15Yeah they're definitely not awful. But bro, I've watched a ton of Wolves games and my issue is not the minutes but more importantly how blatant it is that Sam is trying to lose.

I'm not joking, he's throwing games.

Kat, He's averaging 28 because he was playing normal minutes, and then he squares off against Phila, gets in early foul trouble and finishes the game with 4 fouls and 19 minutes, and then the next 4-5 games were all under or slightly over 20.

We don't get it.

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

"I apologize, turns out it was not the Thunder's year.  I wish they hadn't played the games"

 

 

post #24731 of 93193
Something tells me this Kobe farewell season is going to end up being a 30 for 30 feature film.
post #24732 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy45 View Post

Something tells me this Kobe farewell season is going to end up being a 30 for 30 feature film.

ESPN 30 for 30 presents: 2 for 30, The Final Season

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #24733 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy45 View Post

Something tells me this Kobe farewell season is going to end up being a 30 for 30 feature film.
"What if I told you, you could shoot 20 threes in a game with no repercussions and you're name wasn't Steph Curry?"
post #24734 of 93193
post #24735 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy45 View Post

Something tells me this Kobe farewell season is going to end up being a 30 for 30 feature film.
ESPN 30 for 30 presents: 2 for 30, The Final Season
post #24736 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post

Right.. I don't care if we're losing games but Towns can't be playing 20 minutes a night.. His minutes are going backwards and SMitch ain't giving us a good reason why.
Towns mins decreasing doesn't make any sense ...which leads me to believe that something happened off the court /in practices that's leading to the drop in mins ...obviously these types of things the coach won't talk about in public, but that's really the only thing I can think of to explain it laugh.gif
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
NORTHEAST BALTIMORE RAVENS O'S MAGIC

WHERE DA BIG BOOTY FREAKS AT?
post #24737 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carver View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea manup View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyGuy45 View Post

Something tells me this Kobe farewell season is going to end up being a 30 for 30 feature film.
ESPN 30 for 30 presents: 2 for 30, The Final Season

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

post #24738 of 93193
Diggler may have got put in the spin cycle, but he definitely got the last laugh. He cooked the Blazers late in the 4th and OT.

And now that I think about it, Dirk might be the closest to being immune to slander in here. That wouldn't be the case if he didn't get that ring in '11, but he did.
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
" . . . what a long, strange trip its been . . . " The Grateful Dead, "Truckin'" (and a good summary of my life as an LA Clippers fan)
post #24739 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-friend View Post

@mgrand15Yeah they're definitely not awful. But bro, I've watched a ton of Wolves games and my issue is not the minutes but more importantly how blatant it is that Sam is trying to lose.

I'm not joking, he's throwing games.

Kat, He's averaging 28 because he was playing normal minutes, and then he squares off against Phila, gets in early foul trouble and finishes the game with 4 fouls and 19 minutes, and then the next 4-5 games were all under or slightly over 20.

We don't get it.

Yeah I feel you. His dumb answers in the press conference don't help either laugh.gif
post #24740 of 93193
Yea, people were photoshopping Dirk in a "Mr. Softee" ice cream truck before that ring. You had dudes calling him soft because David west touched his face laugh.gif People saying he'd never be able to lead a team to a ring.
post #24741 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Yea, people were photoshopping Dirk in a "Mr. Softee" ice cream truck before that ring. You had dudes calling him soft because David west touched his face laugh.gif People saying he'd never be able to lead a team to a ring.
ZoDogg. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif
post #24742 of 93193
post #24743 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos19dm View Post


good lord
post #24744 of 93193
Quote:

YOLO
post #24745 of 93193
Quote:

All that talking got him stretched out. Dudes talk big expecting athletes not to react. Cuz got what he was asking for.
post #24746 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by erupt107th View Post

Yea, people were photoshopping Dirk in a "Mr. Softee" ice cream truck before that ring. You had dudes calling him soft because David west touched his face laugh.gif People saying he'd never be able to lead a team to a ring.

Dirk actually was only soft in his first years. Then he adapted the nba style very well.
I remember thar mj listed a few nba players who are tough in this soft league of nowadays and he mentioned dirk along with duncan, kobe etc.
post #24747 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdog1 View Post

Diggler may have got put in the spin cycle, but he definitely got the last laugh. He cooked the Blazers late in the 4th and OT.

And now that I think about it, Dirk might be the closest to being immune to slander in here. That wouldn't be the case if he didn't get that ring in '11, but he did.

 

After rewatching the McCollum crossover you'll see how Dirk got caught slipping...  Aminu drives right from the baseline.. he switches to the guard who went to the same spot Aminu took off from... McCollum fakes to the right and Dirk went all in...  muscle memory relapse. 

 

 

This seems like a good time to take a moment to pay tribute to one of the realest athletes to lace them up.. Dirk has always been a great and earns respect on and off the court cause hes a real n.  this guy never shys away from taking a big shot and always has ice running through his veins. my dude is a true warrior.   ultimately changed the way big men play the game. Truth be told if he was a brother he might be in the GOAT convos. 

post #24748 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCity View Post

YOOOOOOOOOOOO ... DEAD

post #24749 of 93193

"I appreciate the good stuff. I appreciate the bad stuff. I would never whine, 'Oh, you're being too hard on me, please stop.' That wouldn't even sound like me."

 

kobe calling KD soft :lol

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

pimp.gifTEAM MBENGApimp.gif

 

Thank you for calling NT tech support, can i take your order please? 

 

nerd.gifAbout Menerd.gif 

post #24750 of 93193
I don't feel sorry for homie that got touched by jah. It was a bad decision by oak but these idiots need manners
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke