NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke - Page 862  

post #25831 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Collector View Post

Anyone think Kobe will play in the new summer league?

Na cuz he's going to be in Brazil

post #25832 of 93193

:hat:hat:hat:hat:hat

 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #25833 of 93193

kawhi have it all sick.gif
post #25834 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaholic View Post
 

Wth happened here? :rollin:rollin

 

Apollo Creed or Brandon Knight's dad wasn't having any of it.  Officials should do this more, so players know they shouldn't be so disrespecting.

post #25835 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post
 

Apollo Creed or Brandon Knight's dad wasn't having any of it.  Officials should do this more, so players know they shouldn't be so disrespecting.

f58a9803-0ede-4c0b-acbd-08bc0da229af-20141120.jpg

post #25836 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeze View Post

Outside of having a better team what else makes tim duncan better than karl malone?

Better temp fade, signature shoes, better defender too.
post #25837 of 93193

In terms of Kobe playing in the Olympics?  Nah, no need.  But not that he can't play, but because he hasn't shown people he's willing to make the better decisions on the court.

 

All this, "i'm too hurt to drive or walk to my car" is just exaggeration.  Yet people buy into it.

 

Like said, Kobe is doing insider trading w/ himself and his PR campaign.  

post #25838 of 93193
post #25839 of 93193
Seruously though,he legit got tossed for staring?!?! roll.gifroll.gif

It wasn't even Joey Crawford laugh.gif
post #25840 of 93193

Lativa getting stuff lit

 

"I know our fans are better than Brooklyn's fans," Kristaps Porzingis said with a smile after Thursday's practice. "It will be a good game. Brooklyn, they're struggling this season. But they will try to win the rivalry, as we want to win."

post #25841 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

The US can send their third string team and get gold. There will be injuries and other circumstances where guys won't even be able to participate. It isn't vital for the absolute best players to be selected therefore I don't see an issue with Bryant getting the nod. Besides his NBA accomplishments, what he did in the 2008 Olympics against Spain earned him this opportunity 

Because this has worked for the US in the past..

When they didn't have lebron those at the world championships in 2010, they still had Durant, Westbrook and rose

2014 team had curry, harden and Anthony Davis

You still need a couple of the top 15 guys.. Then you surround them with quality role guys.. You'll have guys like curry who havent had a chance to be on an Olympic roster who will be eager to go (hell you could probably get most of the important warriors players)
post #25842 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post


Because this has worked for the US in the past..

When they didn't have lebron those at the world championships in 2010, they still had Durant, Westbrook and rose

2014 team had curry, harden and Anthony Davis

You still need a couple of the top 15 guys.. Then you surround them with quality role guys.. You'll have guys like curry who havent had a chance to be on an Olympic roster who will be eager to go (hell you could probably get most of the important warriors players)

I think I agree with you.. lol


Edited by Vincent Van Ho - 12/4/15 at 9:20am
post #25843 of 93193
:hat
 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #25844 of 93193
Kobe deserves to be in Brazil no debate needed.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FSU LOS ANGELES LAKERS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS FSU LOS ANGELES LAKERS
post #25845 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by nflowshoe View Post

Why is Kobe entertaining the Olympics? He can barely walk after a game and is shooting 30%. He not only is ruining development for the younger playsers on his team he trying to affect other younger players also.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers View Post


Brazilian women

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cashfl0w View Post


and white women! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
Kobe 8 System :  The Man, The Myth, The Manigault
post #25846 of 93193

Trojan already won tbh

 

Brazil gonna have to create a new dumpsite and landfills for all that used latex

post #25847 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post

ROFL
post #25848 of 93193
Rationale is a rare thing in here.

Michael Redd and Carlos Boozer won a gold medal in 2008 playing 6 minute per game.

You dudes hate Kobe so much that you seriously are trying to convince yourselves and others that Kobe Bryant, claiming that type of role, is somehow detrimental to the gold medal chances and/or "unfair" to someone else who would have played a total of 30 minutes in the entire tournament.
post #25849 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty tony View Post

Rationale is a rare thing in here.

Michael Redd and Carlos Boozer won a gold medal in 2008 playing 6 minute per game.

You dudes hate Kobe so much that you seriously are trying to convince yourselves and others that Kobe Bryant, claiming that type of role, is somehow detrimental to the gold medal chances and/or "unfair" to someone else who would have played a total of 30 minutes in the entire tournament.


Because everything we have seen this season so far demonstrates that Kobe will be willing to take a backseat role on any team
post #25850 of 93193
dudes really underestimate how good Roy really was. the man really had it all smokin.gif
post #25851 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post


Because everything we have seen this season so far demonstrates that Kobe will be willing to take a backseat role on any team

So are you for or against Kobe going? I couldn't tell lol

 

It's not even about role, it's about giving him the chance to go because he's earned it. With his NBA accomplishments as well as what he did in 2008 to pretty much win the Gold medal game for them at the end

post #25852 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post

Because everything we have seen this season so far demonstrates that Kobe will be willing to take a backseat role on any team
So are you for or against Kobe going? I couldn't tell lol

It's not even about role, it's about giving him the chance to go because he's earned it. With his NBA accomplishments as well as what he did in 2008 to pretty much win the Gold medal game for them at the end

He earned whatever he has already received.. If anyone should get the spot it's Duncan, who can still justify a role on any team

Role players have specific roles, what exactly is kobe's?

I think a young up and coming guy should be given the spot.. Like harden on the 2012 team
post #25853 of 93193
he hasn‘t earned it, and the committee aint about past n prior accomplishments. its about putting the best team given the matchup and competition.

the heck with this kobe should be on the olympic team. that would be full propagnda.

even if kobes usuage rate was that good, that efficient, the man himself said he was tired and didn‘t wanna do this anymore. what part of retirement do you peeps not get?
post #25854 of 93193
Man, Kobe ain't going to be the difference between a gold/silver medal for the US. Let him get his last hurrah in the Olympics. He's more than earned it and he'll obviously take a backseat to the guys in front of him. I think there is a respect factor involved, one in which he doesn't have for his current teammates. You can't compare Kobe, now, playing for the Lakers and the version we'd see in the Olympics.
post #25855 of 93193
I guess it depends on who you plan on leaving off the team if you add Kobe. If all of the top guys plan on playing, its going to be difficult seeing Kobe get in.

Paul George (I'm sure he's guaranteed a spot)
Demarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Andre Drummond
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

That's 12 guys right there. Then, you're still leaving out the possibility of the MVP from the previous summer in Kyrie Irving, plus guys like Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Bradley Beal, Draymond Green, etc. Best thing to happen for Kobe is that one or two of the top 12 guys pull out.
post #25856 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post


He earned whatever he has already received.. If anyone should get the spot it's Duncan, who can still justify a role on any team

Role players have specific roles, what exactly is kobe's?

I think a young up and coming guy should be given the spot.. Like harden on the 2012 team

Duncan? He isn't even in the program :lol 

 

Again, there is no need for roles :lol they are most likely going to have Curry, Durant etc. They will have shooters and big men. They can afford to have Kobe on the squad without a specific role

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Route View Post

he hasn‘t earned it, and the committee aint about past n prior accomplishments. its about putting the best team given the matchup and competition.

the heck with this kobe should be on the olympic team. that would be full propagnda.

even if kobes usuage rate was that good, that efficient, the man himself said he was tired and didn‘t wanna do this anymore. what part of retirement do you peeps not get?

I disagree, they wouldn't have won Gold in 2008 if not for Kobe. He then came back in 2012 and won Gold again

 

They don't need the best team to win, if you've been paying attention to the competition 

post #25857 of 93193
Quote:
The assumed end for Kobe Bryant will come on a Wednesday night in April at Staples Center. April 13, to be exact, when the Utah Jazz visit Kobe’s Los Angeles Lakers for the final regular-season game of Kobe’s 20th (and farewell) season.

Our advice?

Don’t assume.

It is more than conceivable that our last dose of Kobe hooping at the highest level could come in August, with those goodbye waves and thankful blown kisses to the crowd dispatched from atop a medal stand.

In Brazil.

The sheer math of it will undoubtedly make the mere suggestion sound outlandish to some. Give a roster spot to the battered Bryant for the Rio Olympics? With such a deep pool of players to pick from?

Trust me: No. 24 will draw serious consideration from USA Basketball elders Jerry Colangelo and Mike Krzyzewski -- two of the biggest Kobe fans on Planet Roundball -- if Bryant makes it to the summer in reasonably good health and makes himself available.

After Colangelo and Coach K's decade together in charge of the national team, it is well understood within the USAB inner sanctum that assembling a squad for the Olympics does not mean simply picking the 12 most talented players. Not for the competition that, unlike the FIBA Worlds, typically attracts every top American name in the game.

Not when the coach has only 40 minutes per game to dole out.

The 11th and 12th men, and maybe even the 10th man, can reasonably expect to do much more watching than playing. Which is why USAB, in similar circumstances, brought Jason Kidd to the Beijing Games in 2008 at age 35.

Kidd averaged 1.6 points and 2.0 assists per game for that Olympic team. He wasn’t there because his country needed him on the floor. He was there because Krzyzewski loved the leadership/presence/mentoring he could offer to the rest of Team USA as a virtual coach in uniform.

And that’s the same sort of role USAB would offer Bryant, at 37, if that's what makes sense for both sides at season’s end.

Colangelo, Krzyzewski and USAB executive Sean Ford have made it clear that they intend to use the whole NBA season to evaluate all of their options, since they're arguably staring at the hardest cutdown to 12 in the history of the program.

LeBron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Paul George, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, Draymond Green, Klay Thompson, DeMarcus Cousins, LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Love, John Wall, Jimmy Butler and Dwight Howard ... there’s a quick 20 names off the top of our heads to throw at you just to get the dissection and debate started. There are so many different ways USAB can go, while also allowing for the usual disclaimers that injuries and contractual conundrums that arise between now and the end of June will inevitably make some of the decisions for them.

In general, though, USAB officials like to see an old head (a la Kidd in 2008) or a fresh-faced future star (like The Brow suiting up at the 2012 Olympics before he had ever spent a minute in the NBA) on the end of the bench. It's proven to be a wiser approach than stuffing the roster with a dozen dudes who merit major minutes, which would only set Krzyzewski up to find two or three of them seething about sitting.

What the USAB folks won't (and obviously can’t) say, meanwhile, is that the threat of losing in Rio isn't nearly what it was in Beijing or London. As we've lamented in this space more than once since the 2014 FIBA World Cup, we've actually hit a bumpy patch worldwide where the gap between Team USA and the rest of the world is regrettably widening when it should be shrinking. Once-mighty Spain is aging and no other country in circulation has been able to establish itself as a foe that can legitimately steal a gold-medal game from the Yanks.

Which is to say that there is absolutely zero basketball risk in giving Kobe a seat on the plane to Brazil at the expense of a player who presumably has more to contribute numbers-wise.

We repeat: Consider this an SLL-engraved guarantee that the United States, no matter who else it sees in the 12-team tournament next Aug. 5-21, will be collecting another round of gold medals on Aug. 21, 2016.

So why not let Bryant, two days before his 38th birthday, go out in glory?

Maybe he won't be healthy enough to play top-level basketball in July (USAB training camp) and August. Maybe he won’t even have the emotional fuel to make the trip. Maybe Bryant will ultimately decide, after becoming the first player in league history to spend 20 seasons with the same team, that he wants our last meaningful glimpse of him on hardwood to come in Lakers colors.

Yet you can rest assured that bringing Bryant to Brazil isn't going to hurt the team one whit. It’s likewise a safe assumption that playing with all those American stars, as well as that shorter 3-point line, would help Kobe look a lot better than he has in this opening quarter of his swansong in Lakerland, where he's been plagued by a lack of explosion to create openings for shots on top of his own stubbornness ... but also the sort of proven talent around him to make the game a little easier.

I know, I know. I hear the Kobe Haters in the audience shouting: How many farewell tours does this guy need? The Lakers have 64 games left on their schedule. There’s every chance Bryant will be voted in to start in the All-Star Game in Toronto on Feb. 14. Do we really have to send him to the Olympics, too?

No.

We don’t have to.

It has to be right for everyone involved.

Yet if you’ve had the privilege to follow Team USA around with Ambassador Kobe decked out in red, white and blue, and to see how much he means to basketball fans abroad with his top-10-ish of all-time resume and his flawless Italian and Spanish, you can’t help but be intrigued by the idea.

Especially when you’re an unapologetically sappy basketball romantic like moi.
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4118/why-kobe-could-make-rio-olympics-cut
post #25858 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhzmafia14 View Post

I guess it depends on who you plan on leaving off the team if you add Kobe. If all of the top guys plan on playing, its going to be difficult seeing Kobe get in.

Paul George (I'm sure he's guaranteed a spot)
Demarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Anthony Davis
Kevin Durant
James Harden
Andre Drummond
Carmelo Anthony
Chris Paul
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

That's 12 guys right there. Then, you're still leaving out the possibility of the MVP from the previous summer in Kyrie Irving, plus guys like Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Bradley Beal, Draymond Green, etc. Best thing to happen for Kobe is that one or two of the top 12 guys pull out.

Bye, Klay.
post #25859 of 93193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Van Ho View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime View Post

He earned whatever he has already received.. If anyone should get the spot it's Duncan, who can still justify a role on any team


Role players have specific roles, what exactly is kobe's?


I think a young up and coming guy should be given the spot.. Like harden on the 2012 team
Duncan? He isn't even in the program laugh.gif  

Again, there is no need for roles laugh.gif  they are most likely going to have Curry, Durant etc. They will have shooters and big men. They can afford to have Kobe on the squad without a specific role

Duncan was on the 2004 team.. And is an older guy who can have a valuable role on the team as he can backup both big spots (and do it well).. And he has demonstrated with the Spurs that he can take lesser roles for the good of the team

Plus pop, his coach, is heavily involved with team USA




Putting Kobe on the team would be the exact same thing as if they were to introduce American football into the Olympics..

And then team USA using the logic, we have 3 QB spots so we should add Peyton manning as the 3rd QB because all the stats he has put up in the pass
post #25860 of 93193
12 roster spots and some of y'all dudes getting nostalgic

mean.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sports & Training
This thread is locked  
NikeTalk › NikeTalk Forums › The Lounge › Sports & Training › 2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke